EverCrest Message Forums
You are not logged in. Login or Register.
Author
Topic: Dashboard Update coming Dec. 4th
Tier
posted 11-26-2007 07:08:18 PM
Major Nelson's PR blog is being hammered right now so it's not possible to pull up the page, but the URL says it all:

http://www.majornelson.com/archive/2007/11/26/fall-dash-update-coming-next-week-dec-4th.aspx

The site being hammered so hard it's down is just confirmation.

Maradon!
posted 11-26-2007 07:16:10 PM
Great.

This is exciting why?

Alidane
Urinary Tract Infection
posted 11-26-2007 07:20:34 PM
Sweet, Finals week.
Y.O.T.C
No longer a Towel Girl
posted 11-27-2007 04:23:27 AM
it means i wont log into x box live for a week while they hammer out last minute bugs. It's Microsoft and they have a good track record for the dashboard, but its still microsoft.
Greenlit
posted 11-27-2007 06:15:00 PM
micro$oft
Mr. Gainsborough
posted 11-27-2007 08:58:11 PM
quote:
Y.O.T.C attempted to be funny by writing:
it means i wont log into x box live for a week while they hammer out last minute bugs. It's Microsoft and they have a good track record for the dashboard, but its still microsoft.

what

all they're doing is fucking around with the friends' list

don't make yourself look stupid

Blindy.
Suicide (Also: Gay.)
posted 11-27-2007 10:07:27 PM
They're also updating your xbox so you can download xbox 1 games direct to your hard drive.

Also adding new media playing user interface.

Mr. Gainsborough
posted 11-27-2007 10:27:37 PM
Original XBox games are a fucking joke.

First off, all of them are BC, and almost all of them are big hit titles (relatively) so there's a huge portion of people who already own them. Let's take a closer look.

Fable - 8 bucks at Gamestop.
Halo - Outdated, and no online multiplayer.
Psychonauts - This is pretty much the only cool one, but it's still 13 bucks used.
Burnout 3 - Who plays old Burnout games? Another outdated classic.
Crash Bandicoot: The Wrath of Cortex - Crash games are worthless after the first one or two.
Crimson Skies: High Road to Revenge - You can get this for 2 bucks at Gamestop.

Since none of them have multiplayer online or achievements, why not just go buy a hard copy of the game? None of them are rare, and none of them are expensive. Half of them aren't even good.

Zair
The Imp
posted 11-27-2007 10:31:47 PM
So what is the obvious reasoning I'm not seeing that is stopping them from adding acheivements to these old xbox games, something that would probably drive some who are on the fence to go ahead and download?
Tier
posted 11-27-2007 10:43:53 PM
People are lazy.

Do you need any further reason?

Alaan
posted 11-27-2007 10:47:13 PM
quote:
Zair stopped staring at Deedlit long enough to write:
So what is the obvious reasoning I'm not seeing that is stopping them from adding acheivements to these old xbox games, something that would probably drive some who are on the fence to go ahead and download?

It wouldn't be massive, but they would have to recode every game. As is they can just slam the image into an emulator and Bob's your uncle.

Maradon!
posted 11-27-2007 10:49:43 PM
quote:
Peanut butter ass Shaq Zair booooze lime pole over bench lick:

Same reason they didn't add the fucking extra levels from the Saturn version of SoTN

Mr. Gainsborough
posted 11-27-2007 10:56:53 PM
quote:
Maradon! got all f'ed up on Angel Dust and wrote:
Same reason they didn't add the fucking extra levels from the Saturn version of SoTN

Because they weren't good?

Skaw
posted 11-28-2007 12:18:50 AM
quote:
A sleep deprived Maradon! stammered:

Yeah.. but they did add Achievements to SoTN.

Mr. Gainsborough
posted 11-28-2007 01:08:02 AM
quote:
A sleep deprived Skaw stammered:
Yeah.. but they did add Achievements to SoTN.

They should patch Maria mode into it from the Drac X Chronicles.

Blindy.
Suicide (Also: Gay.)
posted 11-28-2007 08:18:12 AM
quote:
Alaan must think they're pretty smart:
It wouldn't be massive, but they would have to recode every game. As is they can just slam the image into an emulator and Bob's your uncle.

Recode? No. Add a few lines of code here and there to fire off an event to the 360? Yes.

Kegwen
Sonyfag
posted 11-28-2007 11:08:12 AM
quote:
And I was all like 'Oh yeah?' and Blindy. was all like:
Recode? No. Add a few lines of code here and there to fire off an event to the 360? Yes.

It's probably just because it's more work than sending an ISO to the client

All times are US/Eastern
Hop To: