EverCrest Message Forums
You are not logged in. Login or Register.
Author
Topic: Anyone seen this commercial yet?
Vorago
A completely different kind of Buckethead
posted 11-14-2007 03:30:28 AM
Part of a string of surprisingly violent (For something run on normal television at 3 in the afternoon) commercials intended to shock viewers into taking workplace safety seriously. Well, quite sure they pulled off the shocking part.

http://youtube.com/watch?v=tN2gpRcFKAQ

Mr. Gainsborough
posted 11-14-2007 03:38:16 AM
Tier
posted 11-14-2007 03:44:13 AM
That scream was really disturbing.

We've had a similar run of commercials here in Quebec, about a year ago. Namely, I recall a guy getting his hands caught in a pressroll machine.

Not really something you want to see in the intermission of a hockey game.

Asha'man fucked around with this message on 11-14-2007 at 03:44 AM.

Mr. Gainsborough
posted 11-14-2007 03:49:34 AM
I don't really agree with using scare tactics for this kind of shit, but I don't really know how to back up an argument. It's not really fair to people who just generally don't like disturbing images in the middle of something they've been watching for entertainment.

It's the same kind of bullshit that Thai insurance company is using to sell their shit. Using powerful emotions to get a point across, while works, I just don't think it really has a business in entertainment.

But like I said, there's nothing I can really say to defend it other than personal disagreement. Freedom of speech, press, and all that. I'm just glad shit like this would probably never go in America just because of the anti-violent, kid-friendly stand America's media has. (lol)

Maradon!
posted 11-14-2007 07:12:24 AM
Am I the only one that LOL'd?
Mortious
Gluttonous Overlard
posted 11-14-2007 07:26:04 AM
quote:
Maradon! said:
Am I the only one that LOL'd?

Nope!

Reynar
Oldest Member
Best Lap
posted 11-14-2007 07:42:30 AM
The construction worker one was the best. "And they really should have replaced these tank-" BOOOM
"Give me control of a nation's money, and I care not who makes its laws."
-Mayer Rothschild
Mortious
Gluttonous Overlard
posted 11-14-2007 07:49:04 AM
Purely scare tactics.

No chef carries huge pots of boiling whatever across a busy kitchen. Even if they desperately need to move it, they get one of lackeys to.

Steven Steve
posted 11-14-2007 07:53:50 AM
Lol

Now they just need one for teen pregnancy, featuring teens doing typical peer pressure roles before having sex, then the girl taking a pregnancy test later in the week and going "NOAAAAAAAW"

"Absolutely NOTHING [will stop me from buying Diablo III]. I will buy it regardless of what they do."
- Grawbad, Battle.net forums

"Don't want to sound like a fanboy, but I am with you. I'll buy it for sure, it's just a matter of for how long I will be playing it..."
- Silvast, Battle.net forums

Steven Steve
posted 11-14-2007 08:01:34 AM
Then of course the fetus in a toilet somewhere
"Absolutely NOTHING [will stop me from buying Diablo III]. I will buy it regardless of what they do."
- Grawbad, Battle.net forums

"Don't want to sound like a fanboy, but I am with you. I'll buy it for sure, it's just a matter of for how long I will be playing it..."
- Silvast, Battle.net forums

Willias
Pancake
posted 11-14-2007 01:24:39 PM
quote:
Reynar probably says this to all the girls:
The construction worker one was the best. "And they really should have replaced these tank-" BOOOM

This.

And yeah, that's awesome really. I like the noises the truck makes when he hits it more than the explosion though.

Mortious
Gluttonous Overlard
posted 11-14-2007 01:51:11 PM
I still prefer this one.
Vorago
A completely different kind of Buckethead
posted 11-14-2007 02:07:46 PM
quote:
This one time, at Mortious camp:
I still prefer this one.

You know it is a bad day at work when a forklift roars by with a decapitated driver and a man impaled on one forks wildly waving a running chainsaw

But it would also certainly be the most memorable!

Manticore
Not Much Fun Anymore
posted 11-14-2007 04:17:27 PM
quote:
Mortious had this to say about Matthew Broderick:
Purely scare tactics.

No chef carries huge pots of boiling whatever across a busy kitchen. Even if they desperately need to move it, they get one of lackeys to.

At this kitchen I worked at for awhile, one of the chef's did exactly what happened in this except it got his leg and not his face.

"France tried to turtle, but Hitler did a tank rush before they were ready. Just shows how horribly unbalanced real life is. They should release a patch."
Y.O.T.C
No longer a Towel Girl
posted 11-15-2007 03:57:39 AM
I laughed way too hard at the thunk when he hit that truck.
Blindy.
Suicide (Also: Gay.)
posted 11-15-2007 11:16:59 AM
I showed that forklift saftey video to our EHS guy a few years ago and he's put it into the training list for all the operators out in the plant.
BeauChan
Objects in sigpic may be hammier than they appear
posted 11-16-2007 04:58:57 PM
quote:
How much Vorago can a Vorago-chuck chuck?
Part of a string of surprisingly violent (For something run on normal television at 3 in the afternoon) commercials intended to shock viewers into taking workplace safety seriously. Well, quite sure they pulled off the shocking part.

http://youtube.com/watch?v=tN2gpRcFKAQ

Oddly enough, they onyl show until the fall here in Ontario - now I'm going to have burned-face-betty in my head whenever I watch any sort of Zombie movie.

Endured by EC for over 7 years and counting...
All times are US/Eastern
Hop To: