EverCrest Message Forums
You are not logged in. Login or Register.
Author
Topic: So. Speak to me of Priests
Ja'Deth Issar Ka'bael
I posted in a title changing thread.
posted 10-21-2007 05:55:23 PM
What the topic says. I have a blood elf priest.
Lyinar's sweetie and don't you forget it!*
"All those moments will be lost in time, like tears in rain. Time to die. -Roy Batty
*Also Lyinar's attack panda

sigpic courtesy of This Guy, original modified by me

Elvish Crack Piper
Murder is justified so long as people believe in something different than you do
posted 10-21-2007 05:58:28 PM
Between Scream, Silence, and Racial mages are your bitches?

Shadow Priests rock

(Insert Funny Phrase Here)
Maradon!
posted 10-21-2007 06:39:36 PM
Shadow Priests rock for PVP.

It's good to have 1 in a raid.

That's about the extent of their usefulness, though. Get used to being worthless to a 5-man.

Maradon! fucked around with this message on 10-21-2007 at 06:40 PM.

Aaron (the good one)
posted 10-21-2007 07:02:41 PM
quote:
That damn dirty Maradon! rudely interrupted me to say;
Get used to being worthless to a 5-man.

What the fuck are you talking about?

Galbadia Hotel - Video Game Music
I am Canadian and I hate The Tragically Hip
Ctrl-Alt-Del
Pancake
posted 10-21-2007 07:31:19 PM
quote:
Verily, Maradon! doth proclaim:
Shadow Priests rock for PVP.

It's good to have 1 in a raid.

That's about the extent of their usefulness, though. Get used to being worthless to a 5-man.

o.O Mind control, misery, fear, additional mana for your healer, not only that if you're not retarded you can shift out and throw out a renew, and don't forget about PW: Shield.

Priests are damn fun to play, they destroy in PvP, plus they look badass

Maradon!
posted 10-21-2007 07:31:57 PM
quote:
Sam Watkinsing:
What the fuck are you talking about?

Well, I phrased that badly, shadow priests are actually great in 5 man groups.

Trouble is that you won't get invited to 5 man groups that need what you can do. People will only ever send you a tell looking for a healer. And then you're all "lol I'm dps/support" and they're all "o srry bai"

Maradon! fucked around with this message on 10-21-2007 at 07:32 PM.

Oreowned
My friends call me 'Wiggles'
posted 10-21-2007 07:34:05 PM
I play a holy priest, as far as healing goes it's rough...I mean, I'm a good healer and it's not like I'm not useful in raids or to 5-mans but I do get the feeling that you really dont need a lot of holy priests, maybe 1 or 2 for DS and such but the rest of your healing slots are better served with pallys shamans or droods.

As far as shadow goes, I love shadowpriests and I love being in a group with one because I can save my mana pots. =)

Can't say much about PvP because I don't do it, but being a holy priest in arena sucks.

Rodent King
Stabbed in the Eye
posted 10-21-2007 08:17:30 PM
I've played a priest since release, specced holy and never looked back. So if you're interested in group, raid, or PVP healing I can write up a few pointers, if you're thinking of going shadow, I don't know much about how to do it properly.

Which were you thinking of going?

My inner child is bigger than my outer adult.
Taeldian
Pancake
posted 10-21-2007 11:50:51 PM
Shadow Priests are life.
Tier
posted 10-22-2007 07:36:58 AM
quote:
Maradon! had this to say about Reading Rainbow:
Trouble is that you won't get invited to 5 man groups that need what you can do. People will only ever send you a tell looking for a healer.

If you're relying on random tells to find a group, I suggest you find a new guild.

Mr. Parcelan
posted 10-22-2007 02:16:31 PM
Paladins are the most mana-efficient single-target healers. In instances such as Shadow Labyrinth, you will always be passed up for one.

Druids are the most mana-efficient group healers. Their HoTs will always repair damage faster than you can.

Priests are a good blend and the only one with a reliable aggro-drop.

Shadow Priests are excellent damage-dealers and good at PvP, but you will very rarely find a group willing to tolerate a shadow priest.

Blindy.
Suicide (Also: Gay.)
posted 10-22-2007 07:25:20 PM
I think shaman have the most reliable agro drop in the game, because feigning is for pussies.
Ja'Deth Issar Ka'bael
I posted in a title changing thread.
posted 10-22-2007 07:45:31 PM
I appreciate the offer, RK, but I'm playing with Shadowpriest build.
Lyinar's sweetie and don't you forget it!*
"All those moments will be lost in time, like tears in rain. Time to die. -Roy Batty
*Also Lyinar's attack panda

sigpic courtesy of This Guy, original modified by me

Dr. Gee
Say it Loud, Say it Plowed!
posted 10-22-2007 07:50:26 PM
quote:
Blindy. Model 2000 was programmed to say:
I think shaman have the most reliable agro drop in the game, because feigning is for pussies.

Haha nice. Ya, reincarnate has let me pull some crazy shit.

"Shit guys i'm out of mana, DON'T HEAL ME i'm gonna eat shade's explosion."

Manticore
Not Much Fun Anymore
posted 10-22-2007 07:56:37 PM
I dunno, towards the end of my play (3/5 T4 5/5/51 Prot warrior with 47% dodge + parry) I could get by in non-heroics with just the Shadow priest's buff healing me.
"France tried to turtle, but Hitler did a tank rush before they were ready. Just shows how horribly unbalanced real life is. They should release a patch."
All times are US/Eastern
Hop To: