EverCrest Message Forums
You are not logged in. Login or Register.
Author
Topic: 360 suggest shit thread again
Mr. Gainsborough
posted 09-03-2007 03:06:06 AM
Out Now
--------
Bioshock
Dead Rising
Gears of War
Saints Row
RS: Vegas
Guitar Hero (maybe)
Marvel: Ultimate Alliance
Earth Defense 2014
Final Fantasy XI (boss begging me to try it)
Viva Pinata

Coming Soon
-----------
Skate
Eternal Sonata
Halo 3
Beautiful Katamari
Mass Effect
Guitar Hero III
Naruto: Rise of Ninja (Maybe?)
Rock Band
Call of Duty 4
Smackdown vs. Raw 2008
Assassin's Creed
Unreal Tournament III
Viking: Battle of Asgard
Grand Theft Auto IV
Star Wars: The Force Unleashed

XBLA
----
Puzzle Fighter II
Worms
Streets of Rage 2
Castlevania: Symphony of the Night
TMNT
Street Fighter II
Ultimate Mortal Kombat 3
Rush 'n Attack
Contra
Uno
Boom Boom Rocket
Bomberman LIVE

Here's the shit I want.

What am I missing? You guys know what games I like by now.

Greenlit
posted 09-03-2007 03:32:26 AM
I tried the Skate demo it was pretty shitty

Mainly because it makes you juggle too many fucking buttons for something so simple as skateboarding

Greenlit
posted 09-03-2007 03:33:17 AM
EDF is seriously awesome multiplayer but i know you don't have any friends so . . .
Greenlit
posted 09-03-2007 03:33:30 AM
quote:
When the babel fish was in place, it was apparent Greenlit said:
EDF is seriously awesome multiplayer but i know you don't have any friends so . . .

or a boyfriend like you faggot

Skaw
posted 09-03-2007 05:11:05 AM
Prince of Persia Classic on XBLA is a good download.
Naimah
In a Fire
posted 09-03-2007 11:29:42 AM
quote:
Nobody really understood why Greenlit wrote:
I tried the Skate demo it was pretty shitty

Mainly because it makes you juggle too many fucking buttons for something so simple as skateboarding

You're a terrible person.

Greenlit
posted 09-03-2007 11:51:49 AM
Yes I'm terrible for wanting my games to handle well.

Any game that makes you operate both the right analog stick and A/B/X/Y at the same time is needlessly complicated.

iirc the last Tony Hawk demo I played had this same direct-board-control gimmick going on but you could use the bumpers or triggers to accelerate so you didn't have to fuck around with everything all at the same time

Kegwen
Sonyfag
posted 09-03-2007 12:13:36 PM
Unreal Tournament III - late 2008 for 360
Grand Theft Auto IV - they're not going to meet their early 2008 release date
Star Wars: The Force Unleashed - 2008 sometime

just saying

Steven Steve
posted 09-03-2007 12:29:14 PM
Could I possibly interest you in Fable 2?
"Absolutely NOTHING [will stop me from buying Diablo III]. I will buy it regardless of what they do."
- Grawbad, Battle.net forums

"Don't want to sound like a fanboy, but I am with you. I'll buy it for sure, it's just a matter of for how long I will be playing it..."
- Silvast, Battle.net forums

Naimah
In a Fire
posted 09-03-2007 01:07:36 PM
quote:
And I was all like 'Oh yeah?' and Greenlit was all like:
Yes I'm terrible for wanting my games to handle well.

Any game that makes you operate both the right analog stick and A/B/X/Y at the same time is needlessly complicated.

iirc the last Tony Hawk demo I played had this same direct-board-control gimmick going on but you could use the bumpers or triggers to accelerate so you didn't have to fuck around with everything all at the same time

You never have to use the face buttons when your using the right stick. You only have to push three times then transition to the stick. If you're pushing constantly you're doing something wrong.

Greenlit
posted 09-03-2007 01:42:31 PM
You maintain speed after three kicks?

See, I'd just been holding it down, because nowhere in the tutorial did it say you would automatically maintain speed. Fucking demos.

Mr. Gainsborough
posted 09-03-2007 01:42:59 PM
quote:
Kegwen had this to say about (_|_):
Unreal Tournament III - late 2008 for 360
Grand Theft Auto IV - they're not going to meet their early 2008 release date
Star Wars: The Force Unleashed - 2008 sometime

just saying

right right but all those 3 are stuff I REALLY want

Steven Steve
posted 09-03-2007 01:47:03 PM
I thought Unreal Tournament III was going to be coming out for PS3
"Absolutely NOTHING [will stop me from buying Diablo III]. I will buy it regardless of what they do."

"Don't want to sound like a fanboy, but I am with you. I'll buy it for sure, it's just a matter of for how long I will be playing it..."

Mr. Gainsborough
posted 09-03-2007 01:56:13 PM
PC and PS3 soon, 360 later.

Another exclusive bites the dust.

Alaan
posted 09-03-2007 02:37:53 PM
I don't think it was ever exclusive to anything. The 360 delayed release came out of left field though. Translation: Sony paid buckets of money to have it delayed release just before E3.
Kegwen
Sonyfag
posted 09-03-2007 02:55:22 PM
quote:
Alaan had this to say about Cuba:
I don't think it was ever exclusive to anything. The 360 delayed release came out of left field though. Translation: Sony paid buckets of money to have it delayed release just before E3.

Sony swears up and down that they don't pay for exclusivity. Microsoft just changes the subject when you bring it up. You know what Sony gave them to get a timed exclusive? Hint: it wasn't money. Sony gave them an open platform for mods. Mark Rein has stated over and over again that they won't release to the 360 until they reach some sort of agreement over user-created content so the announcement wasn't a surprise given that they had nothing to announce about 360 mods.

This also gives them a reason to finish Unreal Engine 3 for the PS3 so more people will want to license it and so that those that did will finally have a fully optimized version of it to work with.

Maradon!
posted 09-03-2007 02:56:58 PM
Microsoft really needs to ditch their stance on user created content, and they need to do it in grand fashion.
Steven Steve
posted 09-03-2007 03:12:53 PM
But there will be penises and vaginas

Kegwen
Sonyfag
posted 09-03-2007 03:17:01 PM
Second Life - coming soon to PS3
Greenlit
posted 09-03-2007 03:23:28 PM
You mean Home right
Because Home is fucking laffo
Mortious
Gluttonous Overlard
posted 09-03-2007 03:56:16 PM
quote:
Stalwart Steve said:
Could I possibly interest you in Fable 2?

From what I've seen that'll either be incredibly good or an incredible disappointment.

But I still really enjoyed the first one despite people nay-saying it.

Steven Steve
posted 09-03-2007 05:07:57 PM
Well as with all Peter Molyneux games, he's creating some kind of psychotic charade where he is making up developer stories of all the fantastic features the game supposedly has, even though they are clearly not actually happening. All I expect from it is Fable, in a different scenario, with guns, and environment-based attacks.

Batty
Doesn't Like You. Specifically you.
posted 09-03-2007 06:57:40 PM
You do realize Big Blue Box lost the original version of Fable, Lionhead took it over personally and threw Fable together in less than 6 months, right?
Steven Steve
posted 09-03-2007 07:15:10 PM
Yes I know haha

Manticore
Not Much Fun Anymore
posted 09-03-2007 07:19:13 PM
Naruto, as with most games based of anime, will suck.
"France tried to turtle, but Hitler did a tank rush before they were ready. Just shows how horribly unbalanced real life is. They should release a patch."
Mr. Gainsborough
posted 09-03-2007 07:43:11 PM
quote:
Manticore's account was hax0red to write:
Naruto, as with most games based of anime, will suck.

The Naruto games have all been fun, excepting a couple portable ones. The 360 one looks no different and will at least be worth a free rental (lol gamestop employee).

nem-x
posted 09-03-2007 07:57:17 PM
get puzzle fighter and be one of those faggots that stack blocks on the left side of the screen as fast as they can with no rhyme or reason

then get utterly destroyed when it fails

Kegwen
Sonyfag
posted 09-03-2007 10:44:18 PM
gains is that alex mack
Steven Steve
posted 09-03-2007 10:50:59 PM
yes

Mr. Gainsborough
posted 09-04-2007 01:27:55 AM
quote:
Kegwen impressed everyone with:
gains is that alex mack

she wears a hat

Alaan
posted 09-04-2007 01:33:31 AM
quote:
Maradon! thought about the meaning of life:
Microsoft really needs to ditch their stance on user created content, and they need to do it in grand fashion.

I don't remember where I read about it but MS did say how they were doing user content now. They didn't want it on Live where they would be responsible, so they had to make a way for people to host their own shit. Which they did or are doing now. So UT3 360 will have custom content.

Kegwen
Sonyfag
posted 09-04-2007 01:39:01 AM
Out Now
--------
Bioshock - amazing, must buy
Dead Rising - overrated and boring
Gears of War - pretty great but I'm over it
Saints Row - stupid fucking respect (or whatever) minigames sucked after a while. mechanics were better than GTA but I don't play GTA games for the sandboxing
RS: Vegas - pretty good singleplayer, better online than Gears but not as polished
Guitar Hero (maybe) - :shobon:
Marvel: Ultimate Alliance - hated it
Earth Defense 2014 - never tried it
Final Fantasy XI (boss begging me to try it) - hated it on PC
Viva Pinata - this game gets frustratingly hard after a while. I quit somewhat angrily

Coming Soon
-----------
Skate - not for me
Eternal Sonata - rental
Halo 3 - god yes
Beautiful Katamari - eh
Mass Effect - oh god yes
Guitar Hero III - hell right
Naruto: Rise of Ninja (Maybe?) - welp
Rock Band - oh god yes
Call of Duty 4 - the beta is pretty fucking awesome will buy
Smackdown vs. Raw 2008 - haha
Assassin's Creed - oh god yes did you see the PAX demonstration :fap:
Unreal Tournament III - woops
Viking: Battle of Asgard - never heard of it
Grand Theft Auto IV - hope you're patient
Star Wars: The Force Unleashed - it'd better be cool

Mr. Gainsborough
posted 09-04-2007 01:45:08 AM
Dead Rising I've already tried and loved and it's cheap. Honestly, it's one of my favorite things on 360 because I'm dumb like that.

Saint's Row I just kinda want to have something to do while GTAIV isn't out yet. It's cheap as shit too.

RS: Vegas I don't have an option of buying apparently because everyone at my job says I have to get it or I die because that's all they play.

I'll rent Marvel and see if it's worth a buy, but I liked the Wii and PSP versions a lot.

FFXI I can't really justify. I know I'm going to hate it. Not a doubt in my mind. I wanna get it to get it off the list of FFs I wanna buy because I'm a brand loyalty fag still and it's one of like 3 FFs I'm missing.

Ja'Deth Issar Ka'bael
I posted in a title changing thread.
posted 09-04-2007 07:13:53 AM
If you buy Marvel:Ultimate Alliance, for the love of god just get the Gold version. Costs the same as the original version at Best Buy, and it has the four new playable heroes and the four playable villains. It's essentially M:UA with the downloadable content added in for free.

Worth it just for the Hulk. Everyone else picks up an enemy and then you either beat the guy or throw them. Hulk picks up the enemy and uses him as a club to beat up OTHER enemies. Also, one of his alternate costumes is the Mr Fixit Hulk, if I'm not mistaken. Haven't unlocked it yet. But Hulk in a pimp suit.

Hawkeye isn't bad. Near as I can figure, each of the added heroes is supposed to max out one type of combat (Hulk is melee strength, go figure), and Hawkeye is pretty badass at range.

Lyinar's sweetie and don't you forget it!*
"All those moments will be lost in time, like tears in rain. Time to die. -Roy Batty
*Also Lyinar's attack panda

sigpic courtesy of This Guy, original modified by me

Khyron
Hello, my mushy friend...
posted 09-04-2007 11:55:45 AM
Is CoD4 going to be out for the PC as well? I was disappointed that 3 never was released for PC.
Steven Steve
posted 09-04-2007 11:56:20 AM
Marvel: Ultimate Alliance is rather shallow despite all the stats you can upgrade

Kegwen
Sonyfag
posted 09-04-2007 12:06:03 PM
quote:
Khyron was naked while typing this:
Is CoD4 going to be out for the PC as well? I was disappointed that 3 never was released for PC.

Call of Duty 3 wasn't developed by Infinity Ward. You didn't want to play it anyway.

Mr. Gainsborough
posted 09-04-2007 12:43:51 PM
quote:
This one time, at Stalwart Steve camp:
Marvel: Ultimate Alliance is rather shallow despite all the stats you can upgrade

Yeah, you CAN pretend to play it like there's a point to maxing stats, but in the end it's just a pointless, easy, arcade brawler. Which is fine.

Tier
posted 09-04-2007 06:42:08 PM
I had a list like that when I purchased mine, here it is, updated:

Currently own:
Gears of War
BioShock
Splinter Cell: Double Agent
Crackdown
Kameo
Dead Rising
N3: Ninety-Nine Nights
Perfect Dark Zero
Guitar Hero 2
Hitman: Blood Money
Tomb Raider Legend
Forza 2 Motorsport (hey, the last three came with my console for free)

Currently out but I'm waiting (price drop, ebay, laziness, whatever):
Project Sylpheed
Tenchu Z
Dead or Alive 4
Blue Dragon
Overlord
Burnout: Revenge

On the Live Arcade:
Lumines Live
Castlevania: Symphony of the Night

Upcoming releases:
Eternal Sonata
Assassin's Creed
Beautiful Katamari
John Woo's Stranglehold
Mass Effect
Manhunt 2
Guitar Hero III
Rock Band
Ikaruga (some time, some day, on Live Arcade maybe...)
also the next 2 gears of war titles whenever they come around

Asha'man fucked around with this message on 09-04-2007 at 06:44 PM.

Ja'Deth Issar Ka'bael
I posted in a title changing thread.
posted 09-05-2007 07:12:05 AM
quote:
Mr. Gainsborough had this to say about Jimmy Carter:
Yeah, you CAN pretend to play it like there's a point to maxing stats, but in the end it's just a pointless, easy, arcade brawler. Which is fine.

Yeah pretty much. But it's a cheap game that'll occupy your time for a while.

Lyinar's sweetie and don't you forget it!*
"All those moments will be lost in time, like tears in rain. Time to die. -Roy Batty
*Also Lyinar's attack panda

sigpic courtesy of This Guy, original modified by me

All times are US/Eastern
Hop To: