EverCrest Message Forums
You are not logged in. Login or Register.
Author
Topic: why yes, we are sue happy!
Trent
Smurfberry Moneyshot
posted 05-24-2007 06:45:17 PM
im just amazed at this
Greenlit
posted 05-24-2007 06:53:59 PM
quote:
Authorities said the 29-year pitcher had a blood content of nearly twice the legal limit for alcohol in his system when he crashed into the back of the tow truck. He was also speeding, using a cell phone and wasn't wearing a seat belt, Police Chief Joe Mokwa said after the accident. Marijuana also was found in the SUV.

Defense attorneys will engage in fistfights to determine who is allowed to ride this one all the way to the bank.

Jajahotep
Vader to Deth's Obi-wan
posted 05-24-2007 07:25:03 PM

Mightion Defensor
posted 05-24-2007 07:33:14 PM
I wonder how long before the pitcher (or his lawyer) complains "he is being treated unfairly by the system."

When I first saw this thread, I thought it would be about a certain feisty Florida lawyer who has decided to threaten Microsoft, of all people.

Bajah
Thooooooor
posted 05-25-2007 03:42:26 PM
In other news, the next suit will be against the city for providing roads to drive on.
Demos
Pancake
posted 05-26-2007 11:28:17 PM
Obviously the car maker should be sued for not installing mandatory breathalyzers attached to the ignition.
"Jesus saves, Buddha enlightens, Cthulhu thinks you'll make a nice sandwich."
Bloodsage
Heart Attack
posted 05-27-2007 05:37:09 AM
quote:
Channeling the spirit of Sherlock Holmes, Demos absently fondled Watson and proclaimed:
Obviously the car maker should be sued for not installing mandatory breathalyzers attached to the ignition.

Don't laugh--that's been suggested seriously in several places.

To reign is worth ambition, though in Hell:
Better to reign in Hell than serve in Heaven.

--Satan, quoted by John Milton

Demos
Pancake
posted 05-27-2007 02:22:29 PM
That's kinda what I getting at; that some dumbass would use this dumbass's dumbassery to legitimize their own agendas
"Jesus saves, Buddha enlightens, Cthulhu thinks you'll make a nice sandwich."
Callalron
Hires people with hooks
posted 05-28-2007 10:25:33 PM
quote:
Demos wrote, obviously thinking too hard:
...that some dumbass would use this dumbass's dumbassery to legitimize their own agendas

Welcome to politics.

Callalron
"When mankind finally discovers the center of the universe, a lot of people are going to be upset that it isn't them."
"If you give a man a fish he'll eat for a day. If you teach a man to fish he'll just go out and buy an ugly hat. But if you talk to a starving man about fish, then you've become a consultant."--Dogbert
Arvek, 41 Bounty Hunter
Vrook Lamar server
Damnati
Filthy
posted 05-28-2007 10:37:26 PM
And here I thought shit this stupid only happened in California...
Love is hard, harder than steel and thrice as cruel. It is as inexorable as the tides and life and death alike follow in its wake. -Phèdre nó Delaunay, Kushiel's Chosen

It is by caffeine alone I set my mind in motion. It is by the beans of Java the thoughts aquire speed, the teeth acquire stains, the stains become a warning. It is by caffeine alone I set my mind in motion.

Callalron
Hires people with hooks
posted 05-28-2007 11:35:21 PM
They've brought it to whole new level there in the People's Republic, but California is hardly the only place.
Callalron
"When mankind finally discovers the center of the universe, a lot of people are going to be upset that it isn't them."
"If you give a man a fish he'll eat for a day. If you teach a man to fish he'll just go out and buy an ugly hat. But if you talk to a starving man about fish, then you've become a consultant."--Dogbert
Arvek, 41 Bounty Hunter
Vrook Lamar server
Damnati
Filthy
posted 05-28-2007 11:42:38 PM
quote:
Callalron had this to say about Tron:
They've brought it to whole new level there in the People's Republic, but California is hardly the only place.

What I meant was more in the vein that I thought California was the only place where stupidity was in the air and, possibly, the ground water. I stopped wondering a while ago why I have such frequent moments of utter stupidity.

Edit: i r spell gud

Damnati fucked around with this message on 05-28-2007 at 11:43 PM.

Love is hard, harder than steel and thrice as cruel. It is as inexorable as the tides and life and death alike follow in its wake. -Phèdre nó Delaunay, Kushiel's Chosen

It is by caffeine alone I set my mind in motion. It is by the beans of Java the thoughts aquire speed, the teeth acquire stains, the stains become a warning. It is by caffeine alone I set my mind in motion.

Aury
My hair is a deadly weapon
posted 05-29-2007 12:13:42 PM
quote:
Greenlit obviously shouldn't have said:
Defense attorneys will engage in fistfights to determine who is allowed to ride this one all the way to the bank.

I read in the paper the other day that his family are suing the driver of the car that broke down and was on the side of the road that he hit. =\

Boss
Pancake
posted 05-29-2007 02:42:45 PM
I don't get the outrage. It obviously can't be his son's fault that his son got drunk, was reckless and fucked up.
All times are US/Eastern
Hop To: