EverCrest Message Forums
You are not logged in. Login or Register.
Author
Topic: So, now that it's been a couple weeks... (Wii Related)
Mooj
Scorned Fanboy
posted 11-30-2006 04:22:24 AM
Why don't we have everyone who's got a Wii, and feels like seeing other peoples Miis, share friend codes?

I'll start.

0507 8846 2748 4494

Cthulhu_Spawn
Pancake
posted 11-30-2006 07:29:47 AM
Where do you find your friend code Mooj?
Mooj
Scorned Fanboy
posted 11-30-2006 02:40:08 PM
You can find your Wii's friend code by going to your Wii's mail center, it calls it the message board, and clicking on your address book. It will list it right off the bat there.
Kegwen
Sonyfag
posted 11-30-2006 02:41:41 PM
They really needed a simpler system like the one Xbox Live has

Longass friend codes are annoying

Naimah
In a Fire
posted 11-30-2006 02:56:17 PM
It's to protect the kiddies.
Sakkra
Office Linebacker
posted 11-30-2006 07:19:45 PM
Wait, Nintendo systems are for kids?
Mr. Parcelan
posted 11-30-2006 07:58:10 PM
quote:
Sakkra has the right stuff
Wait, Nintendo systems are for kids?

'Ere we go.

Mooj
Scorned Fanboy
posted 12-01-2006 12:59:19 AM
Yeah, this thread's going about as well as I envisioned...
Skaw
posted 12-01-2006 01:17:33 AM
Pretty pointless to share the codes when the network isn't even up yet.
Mooj
Scorned Fanboy
posted 12-01-2006 02:15:42 AM
I could'a sworn that the Mii stuff was up...
Mr. Gainsborough
posted 12-01-2006 08:08:06 AM
When is the next Wii shipment supposed to come in?
Mooj
Scorned Fanboy
posted 12-01-2006 08:22:26 AM
I've been hearing that Nintendo's gonna be shipping Wiis every week until Christmas, but I've never been able to verify the source on that.
Alaan
posted 12-01-2006 01:20:11 PM
PS3s have been coming in a steady trickle. I imagine Wiis are the same.
Kegwen
Sonyfag
posted 12-01-2006 01:23:59 PM
quote:
The logic train ran off the tracks when Skaw said:
Pretty pointless to share the codes when the network isn't even up yet.

My friends have been messaging each other and sending their various Miis to their friends since launch day.

Katrinity
Cookie Goddess!
posted 12-01-2006 01:25:39 PM
Check your Walmarts for the Wii. All of ours in the area either have or are getting some soon for another big release on Tuesday, Dec 5 or Wednesday, Dec 6.
Cookie Goddess Supreme
Furry Kitsune of Power!
Pouncer of the 12th degree!
"Cxularath ftombn gonoragh pv'iornw hqxoxon targh!"
Translated: "Sell your soul for a cookie?"
Maradon!
posted 12-01-2006 01:46:20 PM
The Best Buy I work at has had at least two on the shelves since release... I just assumed that's how it was everywhere
Katrinity
Cookie Goddess!
posted 12-01-2006 01:50:32 PM
quote:
Maradon!'s account was hax0red to write:
The Best Buy I work at has had at least two on the shelves since release... I just assumed that's how it was everywhere

Lucky. Can't find it anywhere around here.

Cookie Goddess Supreme
Furry Kitsune of Power!
Bloodsage
Heart Attack
posted 12-01-2006 02:36:02 PM
quote:
Quoth Alaan:
PS3s have been coming in a steady trickle. I imagine Wiis are the same.

That's disgusting, not to mention entirely beside the point.

To reign is worth ambition, though in Hell:
Better to reign in Hell than serve in Heaven.

--Satan, quoted by John Milton

Maradon!
posted 12-01-2006 03:25:36 PM
quote:
Bloodsageing:

Haha, I had to read that three times before I got it

Karnaj
Road Warrior Queef
posted 12-01-2006 03:34:15 PM
quote:
Bloodsage screamed this from the crapper:

I saw a video of that once. Dude had nuts the size of your fist, man.

That's the American Dream: to make your life into something you can sell. - Chuck Palahniuk, Haunted

Under capitalism, man exploits man. Under communism, it's just the opposite. - John Kenneth Galbraith

Beer.

Bloodsage
Heart Attack
posted 12-01-2006 03:36:46 PM
quote:
Verily, the chocolate bunny rabbits doth run and play while Maradon! gently hums:
Haha, I had to read that three times before I got it

He forgot an "in."

To reign is worth ambition, though in Hell:
Better to reign in Hell than serve in Heaven.

--Satan, quoted by John Milton

Gunslinger Moogle
No longer a gimmick
posted 12-01-2006 05:22:55 PM
quote:
Mooj sent this coded message via a team of nanites:
I've been hearing that Nintendo's gonna be shipping Wiis every wiik until Christmas, but I've never been able to verify the source on that.

quote:
Katrinity, alone in the world and surrounded by danger on every turn, still managed to type this:
Check your Walmarts for the Wii. All of ours in the area either have or are getting some soon for another big wiilease on Tuesday, Dec 5 or Wednesday, Dec 6.

quote:
Maradon! got a good feeling!
Haha, I had to wiid that three times before I got it

moogle is the 3241727861th binary digit of pi

Disclaimer: I'm just kidding, I love all living things.
The fastest draw in the Crest.
"The Internet is MY critical thinking course." -Maradon
"Gambling for the husband, an abortion for the wife and fireworks for the kids they chose to keep? Fuck you, Disneyland. The Pine Ridge Indian Reservation is the happiest place on Earth." -JooJooFlop

Mooj
Scorned Fanboy
posted 12-01-2006 07:58:11 PM
Yeah, the EB Games that I work at has been totally unable to keep a Wii on the shelves. They sell out almost the moment that the shipments are open.
Katrinity
Cookie Goddess!
posted 12-01-2006 10:29:23 PM
quote:
Mooj had this to say about Jimmy Carter:
Yeah, the EB Games that I work at has been totally unable to keep a Wii on the shelves. They sell out almost the moment that the shipments are open.

The way it has been here as well at every store. The minute they get inventory in and have it ready to sell, its gone in the first 5-10 minutes.

Cookie Goddess Supreme
Furry Kitsune of Power!
Delphi Aegis
Delphi. That's right. The oracle. Ask me anything. Anything about your underwear.
posted 12-01-2006 10:56:01 PM
In the spirit of awesomeness:

3714 0632 1848 6885

Mooj
Scorned Fanboy
posted 12-02-2006 12:00:56 AM
Finally, some awesomeness! I'll add you after I eat.
Kait
has made another completely pointless and off-topic post that nobody cares about
posted 12-02-2006 12:42:46 AM
quote:
From the book of Mooj, chapter 3, verse 16:

Likewise. Everyone that asks, we tell to check back the week before Christmas. Wii remotes and accessories are just as hard to find. They really shortended us this launch, though with the PS3's it's ten times worse.

(What? I'm contributing. And bored. And tired of Harvest Moon. Now I retreat into the ether.)

"A black cat dropped soundlessly from a high wall, like a spoonful of dark treacle and melted under the gate."
-Elizabeth Lemarchand
Willias
Pancake
posted 12-02-2006 11:15:57 AM
holy crap, old poster/now lurker post!
The Berserker
Pancake
posted 12-02-2006 12:01:49 PM
ill put up my friend code when i get home from work. You can see the horror that is the Mii my friends made of me.
"Return of the Berserker"
Kait
has made another completely pointless and off-topic post that nobody cares about
posted 12-02-2006 04:51:17 PM
quote:
Willias stopped beating up furries long enough to write:
holy crap, old poster/now lurker post!

Isn't that a wee bit of an oxymoron?
I do have an honest question, though. Considering that I work at EB Games and we don't even know, this is sad: When is the USB port that allows you to connect to the internet through a cable, rather than wireless, coming out? I've asked around and googled, and come up with nothing. But perhaps I'm just a faulty googler.

Dr. Gee wants to download his old school Genesis games, after all.

"A black cat dropped soundlessly from a high wall, like a spoonful of dark treacle and melted under the gate."
-Elizabeth Lemarchand
Mooj
Scorned Fanboy
posted 12-02-2006 07:21:52 PM
quote:
Kait had this to say about John Romero:
Isn't that a wee bit of an oxymoron?
I do have an honest question, though. Considering that I work at EB Games and we don't even know, this is sad: When is the USB port that allows you to connect to the internet through a cable, rather than wireless, coming out? I've asked around and googled, and come up with nothing. But perhaps I'm just a faulty googler.

Dr. Gee wants to download his old school Genesis games, after all.

That's actually kinda out right now. I don't know about any sort of USB that's going to all for a wired connection, but surely you know about the USB dongle that allows the wii to pick up a wireless connection from your PC?

Kait
posted 12-02-2006 07:32:57 PM
quote:
A sleep deprived Mooj stammered:
That's actually kinda out right now. I don't know about any sort of USB that's going to all for a wired connection, but surely you know about the USB dongle that allows the wii to pick up a wireless connection from your PC?

Er...no x.x But now that I look in the manual again, I find the device you're referring to. But the piece of furniture that houses my television and systems is wooden all around, it's a nightstand actually, and it blocks the signals like nobody's business. I suppose I can try it, but I have a dislike of wireless anyway, I prefer direct cable linkups when possible. According to the manual it's called a Wii LAN Adapter, but when I go to Nintendo.com I can't find it available, which leads me to think it isn't out yet.

It's not urgent, I have Twilight Princess to tide me over. And Dark Age of Camelot, which for some reason I signed up for today despite having about five other titles I still need to beat x.x Video games are not a good hobby for one with a short attention span such as I.

-Elizabeth Lemarchand
The Berserker
Pancake
posted 12-02-2006 10:07:53 PM
3949 4405 4609 9118
"Return of the Berserker"
All times are US/Eastern
Hop To: