EverCrest Message Forums
You are not logged in. Login or Register.
Author
Topic: Dead Rising
Maradon!
posted 09-25-2006 12:57:19 PM
Ok, this post will contain a plot summary, so if you don't want spoilers leave now.

I want to know if I'm reading too much into this, haha

Let me get this straight. The plot of Dead Rising is as follows:

1) Because of their desire to eat meat, Americans turn a peace-loving people "blessed with nature" into terrorists.

2) Anybody who believes in gun ownership or has served in a war is a psychopath.

Did I pretty much sum that up?

I mean, this game has been awesome so far but the plot reads like some of the most hilarious extreme-left propaganda out there. Did somebody over at Capcom accidentally invite Jimmy Carter onto the storyboard? I was amazed that the game ended the way it did instead of with a group of tie-dyed survivors and zombies joining hands and singing around a burning american flag, haha.

Karnaj
Road Warrior Queef
posted 09-25-2006 01:00:43 PM
quote:
Maradon! put down Tada! magazine long enough to type:
I was amazed that the game ended the way it did instead of with a group of tie-dyed survivors and zombies joining hands and singing around a burning american flag, haha.

Were ya?

That's the American Dream: to make your life into something you can sell. - Chuck Palahniuk, Haunted

Under capitalism, man exploits man. Under communism, it's just the opposite. - John Kenneth Galbraith

Beer.

Maradon!
posted 09-25-2006 01:03:14 PM
Part way between amazed and flabbergasted, even!

Another ending that would have better suited the theme of the game is everybody finding out that the zombies aren't really crazed flesh eaters, just poverty stricken people whose greivances we have not properly addressed. The issue is solved by giving more money to the UN.

Maradon! fucked around with this message on 09-25-2006 at 01:10 PM.

Manticore
Not Much Fun Anymore
posted 09-25-2006 05:48:17 PM
Yeah, the main storyline for Dead Rising made me never want to pick up the game again. I loved some of the very odd side stories though (the cultist being one of them). It is unfair to say that the game deliberately targetted veterans and gun owners as crazy. If you didn't notice, everyone you met was crazy with the exception of those you saved.
"France tried to turtle, but Hitler did a tank rush before they were ready. Just shows how horribly unbalanced real life is. They should release a patch."
Maradon!
posted 09-25-2006 05:53:20 PM
I thought the dialogue with the sniper family made it pretty clear that they were slinging some crap at gun ownership.

Also, "unlimited" mode sucked ass. I wanted a free roam mode, not some survival mode where your health melts, you can't save, and all the best weapons don't exist.

Manticore
Not Much Fun Anymore
posted 09-25-2006 05:59:11 PM
quote:
Maradon! wrote this stupid crap:
I thought the dialogue with the sniper family made it pretty clear that they were slinging some crap at gun ownership.

Also, "unlimited" mode sucked ass. I wanted a free roam mode, not some survival mode where your health melts, you can't save, and all the best weapons don't exist.

Yeah, I agree with that whole "unlimited mode sucks". And yeah, come to think of it I suppose you're right with that dialogue.

"France tried to turtle, but Hitler did a tank rush before they were ready. Just shows how horribly unbalanced real life is. They should release a patch."
Sean
posted 09-25-2006 07:47:01 PM
The best unlimited mode is to play the 72 hour mode and pay no attention to any of the missions. In fact, rush to the first Carlito fight and kill Greg, then go have fun in a mall.
A Kansas City Shuffle is when everybody looks right, you go left.

It's not something people hear about.

Maradon!
posted 09-25-2006 09:31:12 PM
quote:
Over the mountain, in between the ups and downs, I ran into Sean who doth quote:
The best unlimited mode is to play the 72 hour mode and pay no attention to any of the missions. In fact, rush to the first Carlito fight and kill Greg, then go have fun in a mall.

Wow really?

Can you get the 5+ day survivor achievements that way?

Sean
posted 09-25-2006 09:31:45 PM
No, but who cares about those two achievements?
A Kansas City Shuffle is when everybody looks right, you go left.

It's not something people hear about.

Maradon!
posted 09-25-2006 09:34:44 PM
quote:
Seaning:
No, but who cares about those two achievements?

laser sword

Mr. Gainsborough
posted 09-25-2006 11:18:04 PM
THERE'S A PLOT?
Skaw
posted 09-26-2006 12:26:36 AM
quote:
Mr. Gainsborough spewed forth this undeniable truth:
THERE'S A PLOT?

Probably not, aside form "lol survive." Maradons just been low on Liberal Ammo lately.

Sakkra
Office Linebacker
posted 09-26-2006 01:07:02 AM
The butcher and grocer were pretty cool.

The grocer's cart was way cool.

Maradon!
posted 09-26-2006 02:23:26 AM
quote:
x--SkawO-('-'Q) :
Probably not, aside form "lol survive." Maradons just been low on Liberal Ammo lately.

Haha, as if!

quote:
Sakkraing:
The grocer's cart was way cool.

It's a shame you couldn't take it out of the grocery store where there's more zombies and less obstacles.

Manticore
Not Much Fun Anymore
posted 09-26-2006 07:09:48 AM
Sharp things were imba. Also, I enjoyed stuffing funny heads on the zombies. That's how I passed the time; gunning down hordes of zombies that had horse-heads.
Sakkra
Office Linebacker
posted 09-26-2006 10:52:00 AM
quote:
Maradon! wrote this stupid crap:
It's a shame you couldn't take it out of the grocery store where there's more zombies and less obstacles.

Pick it up.

All times are US/Eastern
Hop To: