EverCrest Message Forums
You are not logged in. Login or Register.
Poll: What is your WoW Account Status?
Author
Topic: A Poll of Subscription Status
Blackened
posted 06-06-2005 03:21:46 AM
Do you love me? circle:

yes no

Although my distaste for you as a human being is brobdingnagian,
what I'm about to do isn't personal.
Blackened
posted 06-06-2005 03:24:04 AM
I canceled my account about a month ago due to Blizzard's failure in keeping the game consistantly updated and interesting. There has been nothing new to participate in since release, which was around a half-year ago. And not to mention, Player vs. Player is fundamentally unbalanced.

Although my distaste for you as a human being is brobdingnagian,
what I'm about to do isn't personal.
Fizodeth
an unflattering title
posted 06-06-2005 03:24:44 AM
Yes.

Thought recently I haven't played very much, but I can't tell if it's from lack of interest or non-lack of a life.

Trent
Smurfberry Moneyshot
posted 06-06-2005 03:25:33 AM
I am not playing cause the end game isn't friendly to the way I play.

I hope it will change. I somehow doubt it will.

Sakkra
Office Linebacker
posted 06-06-2005 03:25:37 AM
I never really got into WoW. It wasn't very solo-friendly to a player with only an hour or two at a time to play.
Tegadil
Queen of the Smoofs
posted 06-06-2005 03:30:19 AM
quote:
In the goblin language, there are 43 words for Sakkra:
I never really got into WoW. It wasn't very solo-friendly to a player with only an hour or two at a time to play.

Really? I didn't usually play for one/two hour stretches, but I've found it to be really solo friendly.

Lee Taxx0r
Pancake
posted 06-06-2005 03:40:58 AM
Canceled because raiding was boring and too time consuming for me.
CBTao
Pancake
posted 06-06-2005 03:44:27 AM
Comedy Option? Its fuckin true damnit, I never played.
Naimah
In a Fire
posted 06-06-2005 03:44:28 AM
I still play once or twice a week, but my guild is a bunch of douches and can't get their act together to raid which is making me consider cancelling my account. Or at least jumping ship to one of the better guilds on the server.
Ferret
Poing! Poing!
posted 06-06-2005 03:44:49 AM
Yes.

I level slowly.

Tarquinn
Personally responsible for the decline of the American Dollar
posted 06-06-2005 03:45:24 AM
Canceled my account a week ago, because of... uh... I did not like Un'Goro....

I think I am kinda burned out.

~Never underestimate the power of a Dark Clown.
Tier
posted 06-06-2005 03:56:56 AM
Still have time left on my game card, but unless they add some interesting new stuff before it wears off, I'll be playing something else this summer. PvP got boring fast, and as much as I like progressing through Molten Core, clearing the same old shit every week just to try again gets old fast.
Naimah
In a Fire
posted 06-06-2005 03:58:38 AM
quote:
So quoth Tarquinn:
Canceled my account a week ago, because of... uh... I did not like Un'Goro....

I think I am kinda burned out.

Un'Goro pissed me off as well, just have to suck it up and get to Plaguelands, it's a little better then.

Cobalt Katze
Pancake
posted 06-06-2005 04:09:10 AM
Still active and playing quite tediously and sparsely.. on the verge of quitting
Zair
The Imp
posted 06-06-2005 04:29:06 AM
Active account, not playing.

Non-game related reasons are forcing my leave of absense, but I was a bit burnt out too, so Im not really missing it.

Dave
)_(
posted 06-06-2005 04:29:51 AM
I quit because the new content is coming along way too slow. I found it a challange to find new quests to do. That, and some guild issues where I could not experince the high end part of the game because of all the damn hunters out there taking up spots I quit.
Flea
Pancake
posted 06-06-2005 04:45:30 AM
quote:
Dave Model 2000 was programmed to say:
I quit because the new content is coming along way too slow. I found it a challange to find new quests to do. That, and some guild issues where I could not experince the high end part of the game because of all the damn hunters out there taking up spots I quit.

Exactly one of the reasons I stopped playing my hunter. They go on an MC raid and there are 9 fucking hunters in it, and they send me a tell on my alt asking me to go.

Alidane
Urinary Tract Infection
posted 06-06-2005 05:17:01 AM
I cancelled my account due to the fact that the siren call of Planetside lured me back (I don't fucking know why I still play), and the fact that I'm a dipshit and decided to play on the same server as people I know in real life, causing drama that distinctly killed my motivation to even log on.

I may pick it back up in a few months, but I doubt it.

Fizodeth
an unflattering title
posted 06-06-2005 05:21:29 AM
I wanna play Planetside again as well. Damnit.

When I get a job I think Im gonna load up that Sony All Access Pass thing and play SWG and Planetside. Maybe Ill fuck around with EQ2 also.

Maradon!
posted 06-06-2005 05:21:42 AM
A lot of these reasons are incredibly unreasonable

Black, you quit because there's not enough high end content? Don't you have multiple level 60's? Don't you think that maybe there's plenty of high end content, you've just seen it all because you played the shit out of the game?

New content is coming along too slow? Compared to what? Every other MMO I know of takes just as long in between content patches, if not longer.

And what's wrong with Un'goro? I love it there! Particularly during the faction-stint where a stack of 10 un'goro soil sold for 8g. I've finished most of the quests there, and I still go back periodically to solo a devilsaur just for fun

Maradon! fucked around with this message on 06-06-2005 at 05:24 AM.

Naimah
In a Fire
posted 06-06-2005 05:26:56 AM
I have been playing planetside again. It is indeed WoW will sapping goodness.
Naimah
In a Fire
posted 06-06-2005 05:28:08 AM
quote:
Maradon! had this to say about Pirotess:

And what's wrong with Un'goro? I love it there! Particularly during the faction-stint where a stack of 10 un'goro soil sold for 8g. I've finished most of the quests there, and I still go back periodically to solo a devilsaur just for fun

One word: Oozes.

Vorago
A completely different kind of Buckethead
posted 06-06-2005 05:37:12 AM
Still active, still playing

Got my shaman to 60, decided I wasn't enjoying him as much as I wanted to, rolled a priest, currently up to 48 and climbing quick... again, har. Gotta hurry too, someone has to keep Teg company in MC

Maradon!
posted 06-06-2005 05:38:14 AM
quote:
x--NaimahO-('-'Q) :
One word: Oozes.

Ah, yeah, hate those...that one spot is fucking infested with them.

I don't go there

Aaron (the good one)
posted 06-06-2005 06:29:37 AM
Cancelled because of CoH game of the month. Restarting some time this week.
Galbadia Hotel - Video Game Music
I am Canadian and I hate The Tragically Hip
Mod
Pancake
posted 06-06-2005 07:43:07 AM
Cancelled because my regular group quit and I was stranded at 60 on a mostly US-time playing server with pvp server pubbies, also I had the whole raiding guild experience in EQ for three years and I didn't exactly feel like reliving it in whatever form. You could say that I basically got burned out on the standard MMORPG concept.

Mod fucked around with this message on 06-06-2005 at 07:43 AM.

Life... is like a box of chocolates. A cheap, thoughtless, perfunctory gift that nobody ever asks for. Unreturnable, because all you get back is another box of chocolates. You're stuck with this undefinable whipped-mint crap that you mindlessly wolf down when there's nothing else left to eat. Sure, once in a while, there's a peanut butter cup, or an English toffee. But they're gone too fast, the taste is fleeting. So you end up with nothing but broken bits, filled with hardened jelly and teeth-crunching nuts, and if you're desperate enough to eat those, all you've got left is a... is an empty box... filled with useless, brown paper wrappers.
Zaeron
Pancake
posted 06-06-2005 08:37:18 AM
Still play. I never made it to the raiding game in EQ, so this is all very new to me, and I'm having a blast.

Even if I am the only fucking one in the guild left who needs the Aurastone Hammer and it hasn't fallen in six weeks.

Mr. Parcelan
posted 06-06-2005 08:38:33 AM
Still play, but taking a break.

I never made it to the EQ highend shit, so this is fun for me. Plus, after playing a Ranger, it's fun to actually be wanted.

Mooj
Scorned Fanboy
posted 06-06-2005 09:16:33 AM
No.

Played once on Sakkra's account. Didn't find anything groundbreaking or worthwhile with the game.

Meanwhile, on CoH, I'm quite happily enjoying my Super Group and my Hamidon raids, and the ease of playing with alts.

Delphi Aegis
Delphi. That's right. The oracle. Ask me anything. Anything about your underwear.
posted 06-06-2005 09:41:56 AM
6/8 Felheart and counting.
El Cuchillo
RETARD! DO NOT FEED!
posted 06-06-2005 09:58:08 AM
Still active, but I've had problems getting the will to log on lately. CoH has definitely caught my attention for the time being, but we'll see how long that lasts when my trial runs out this Sunday.

PS is my second choice right now, but I've been playing the shit out of CoH.

Maybe when BGs come I'll log onto WoW and kill shit with my frost mage. Until then, eh.

Strip Club - Online Comic Reader and Archiver for Linux and Windows (and maybe OSX)
Inferno-Spirit
Sports Advocate
posted 06-06-2005 10:09:35 AM
Cancelled but still paid for until Mid-August.

I haven't had enoguh time for it, and I got to the point where I was being forced to grind with my 49 rogue, because I only solo with him and I ran out of quests.

I might re-subscribe in the future.

"He lets the last Hungarian go, and he goes running. He waits until his wife and kids are in the ground and he goes after the rest of the mob. He kills their kids, he kills their wives, he kills their parents and their parents' friends. He burns down the houses they grew up in and the stores they work in, he kills people that owe them money. And like that he was gone. Underground. No one has ever seen him again. He becomes a myth, a spook story that criminals tell their kids at night. 'If you rat on your pop, Keyser Soze will get you.' And nobody really ever believes." - Roger 'Verbal' Kint, The Usual Suspects
Delphi Aegis
Delphi. That's right. The oracle. Ask me anything. Anything about your underwear.
posted 06-06-2005 10:21:03 AM
quote:
Inferno-Spirit had this to say about Robocop:
Cancelled but still paid for until Mid-August.

I haven't had enoguh time for it, and I got to the point where I was being forced to grind with my 49 rogue, because I only solo with him and I ran out of quests.

I might re-subscribe in the future.

The 48-50 grind is one of the more soul-sucking. Best bet is to grab a random Maraudon group (Even without the quests) and try to get to 50 while having a bit of fun, then work your way into Un'Goro/Plaguelands.

Willias
Pancake
posted 06-06-2005 11:19:21 AM
Still active, not playing. May cancel if Blizzard doesn't get their asses in gear and actually put out some content. The game is largely unfinished, the high end game has very little to do besides raid a very small number of places, and next patch, pvp.

It would also help if Blizzard gave the Horde some point besides the fact that they have shaman and cooler races than the Alliance. But at the rate Blizz is going I don't see that happening for quite some time.

Falaanla Marr
I AM HOT CHIX
posted 06-06-2005 11:27:56 AM
quote:
Inferno-Spirit had this to say about pies:

Thank god I'm not the only one. Everyone tells me I must not be looking everywhere for quests (I've used Thott to find all the quests around my level I can solo)

I'm stuck at level 56 and having to grind the rest out. Not feeling inspired to do so.

Alaan
posted 06-06-2005 11:40:35 AM
Active account for about 10 more days, but canceled. I usually end up burst playing games. So I'll probably go 41-60 in a few months. But for now, not playing. That and my guild evaporated.
Caid '5 Fists' Berrit
I've had a few beers but I'm cool to drive
posted 06-06-2005 11:50:56 AM
I seem to play in bursts too. I had cancelled in February, then reactivated the beginning of May to play with some friends....and I'm currently burnt out on it again..

So active, not playing.

'But if I had a shotgun you know what I'd do?
I'd point that shit straight at the sky and shoot heavan on down for you'

Bradley Nowell
Kaiote
Shot in the Face
posted 06-06-2005 11:52:11 AM
Still playing..

But then, I only play a couple hours a day, a couple days a week, lately. I figure, if I play cnstantly like I used to do every other game, I get burned out on it way too quickly.

Fuck the end game.. it's called that for a reason.

Henry had been killed by a garden gnome.He had fallen off the roof onto that cheerful-looking figure. The gnome was made of concrete. Henry wasn't. - Dean Koontz, Velocity
Addy
posted 06-06-2005 12:03:44 PM
Still playing.

After 4+ years of EQ I'm pretty used to the whole raiding thing, guild politics keep things interesting, and Blizzard is cranking out a lot of free content, far more than I'm used to. (Of course, this may change in a year) BWL in a few weeks zomg I think what irks a lot of people is that WoW is a more casual-friendly game, and people are longing for the hardcore EQ raid stuff. *shrug*

Vorago
A completely different kind of Buckethead
posted 06-06-2005 12:15:06 PM
All times are US/Eastern
Hop To: