EverCrest Message Forums
You are not logged in. Login or Register.
Author
Topic: First impression
Kaiote
Shot in the Face
posted 05-05-2005 04:35:39 AM
Night elves are fruity bastards who deserve to fall out of that damned tree. I hated Kelethin, I hate the night elf city too. But it is prettier.

So I switch to a human rogue, just to get a feel for shit.. Now, many of you may remember my "It wont live up to the hype" bullshit from just before release. It seems I was wrong. I'm loving this game. I hated the idea of it being cartoony.. but thats just what it needs, it wouldnt feel like warcraft otherwise.

The combat seemed clumsy to me at first, til I realized thats where SWG's new combat system came from, and I adapted near instantly.

Am on Alleria, as Talora. Show me some love.

(Yes, I'm playing a chick.. If I'm gonna be staring at the rear view of something for a few hours a day, its gonna be female.)

Besides.. playing a chick is like hitting the "easy" button, right?

Henry had been killed by a garden gnome.He had fallen off the roof onto that cheerful-looking figure. The gnome was made of concrete. Henry wasn't. - Dean Koontz, Velocity
Kegwen
Sonyfag
posted 05-05-2005 04:41:17 AM
The cool kids (read: me and the guy that gave me 25gold and 4 Runecloth bags at level 1) play on Uther
Azymyth
Not gay; just weird
posted 05-05-2005 06:15:16 AM
Bah. If you fall off that building in the Night Elf starting area more than once, you've got problems.

Thank god that's the only building in all of the elven lands that I've seen that actually goes that high.

I suffer from CRS: Can't Remember Shit.

Sig pic done by the very talented SJen!

Alidane
Urinary Tract Infection
posted 05-05-2005 07:12:42 AM
quote:
There was much rejoicing when Azymyth said this:
Bah. If you fall off that building in the Night Elf starting area more than once, you've got problems.

Thank god that's the only building in all of the elven lands that I've seen that actually goes that high.

I fell off the fucking island once.
Fizodeth
an unflattering title
posted 05-05-2005 07:37:46 AM
quote:
Alidane Model 2000 was programmed to say:

You probably just explored too far. If you go out on the edge and look down you can see that it is not something you want to jump off of.

Mr. Gainsborough
posted 05-05-2005 10:09:12 AM
quote:
Alidane thought about the meaning of life:

I did that. It was then that I discovered that your ghost form can die.

And I jumped off the giant tree too. Just for fun.

Bloodsage
Heart Attack
posted 05-05-2005 10:16:56 AM
How can your ghost form die?
To reign is worth ambition, though in Hell:
Better to reign in Hell than serve in Heaven.

--Satan, quoted by John Milton

Mr. Gainsborough
posted 05-05-2005 10:18:43 AM
quote:
The logic train ran off the tracks when Bloodsage said:

If you go too far into the great sea (the black water on the minimap), your ghost can get fatigued and slowly die.

Katrinity
Cookie Goddess!
posted 05-05-2005 10:27:31 AM
quote:
Bloodsage had this to say about John Romero:

Ectoplasm and Oceans don't mix. If you go out too far, the fabric of your incorporeal existance unravels.

Cookie Goddess Supreme
Furry Kitsune of Power!
Pouncer of the 12th degree!
"Cxularath ftombn gonoragh pv'iornw hqxoxon targh!"
Translated: "Sell your soul for a cookie?"
Damnati
Filthy
posted 05-05-2005 12:16:46 PM
quote:
Kegwen had this to say about the Spice Girls:
The cool kids (read: me and the guy that gave me 25gold and 4 Runecloth bags at level 1) play on Uther

You do? Who are your guys? I want to kill them. (My main is a tauren warrior there)

Love is hard, harder than steel and thrice as cruel. It is as inexorable as the tides and life and death alike follow in its wake. -Phèdre nó Delaunay, Kushiel's Chosen

It is by caffeine alone I set my mind in motion. It is by the beans of Java the thoughts aquire speed, the teeth acquire stains, the stains become a warning. It is by caffeine alone I set my mind in motion.

Hireko
Kill a fish before breakfast each day
posted 05-05-2005 03:17:47 PM
Also, a fall that would instantly kill you if you were alive can indeed kill you as a ghost. I managed to make a completely unretrievable corpse halfway down one of the mesas of Thunder Bluff, heh.
Those who dance are thought insane by those who can't hear the music.
NullDevice
Internet Tough Guy
posted 05-05-2005 03:24:02 PM
quote:
Hireko wrote this stupid crap:
Also, a fall that would instantly kill you if you were alive can indeed kill you as a ghost. I managed to make a completely unretrievable corpse halfway down one of the mesas of Thunder Bluff, heh.

I had a 'difficult but not impossible' one to retreive on top of Ironforge.

I'll make another one somewhere in the "Probable Future Expansion Zone".

Tegadil
Queen of the Smoofs
posted 05-05-2005 03:52:35 PM
quote:
And the Hireko comes in the niiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiigh-

I have to disagree. I've had more than my fair share of really long falls, and none of them have ever phased me as a ghost.

Hireko
Kill a fish before breakfast each day
posted 05-05-2005 04:37:01 PM
Keep in mind, the last time I fell that far was in beta. They might have changed it since then. I had the idea it was intentional, to stop travel via death.
Those who dance are thought insane by those who can't hear the music.
All times are US/Eastern
Hop To: