EverCrest Message Forums
You are not logged in. Login or Register.
Author
Topic: Which Dynasty Warriors character are you?
Sentow, Maybe
Pancake
posted 09-24-2004 08:14:29 PM
Well, I'll tell you. No quizzes, no inane questions; just post here and I'll assign the one I think matches you best. If you prefer, I'll give you a Samurai Warriors character instead. And if I don't know you well enough to make a good assessment, well, I'll come up with something.

Ready, go!

Once more into the breach, my friends, once more. We'll close the wall with our dead. In peace, nothing so becomes a man as modesty and humility, but when the blast of war blows in our ears, then imitate the action of the tiger, summon up the blood, disguise fair nature with rage and lend the eye a terrible aspect.
Lashanna
noob
posted 09-24-2004 08:18:50 PM
I love those games...
Dad's going to kill you. Really. He is.
Akiraiu Zenko
Is actually a giddy schoolgirl
posted 09-24-2004 08:19:56 PM
Count me in.
The artist formerly known as Zephyer Kyuukaze.
Zair
The Imp
posted 09-24-2004 08:23:15 PM
Dynasty Warrio games are fun. I ought to actually buy one eventually...
Azrael Heavenblade
Damn Dirty Godmoder
posted 09-24-2004 08:24:14 PM
I really oughta buy one of those games someday when I have cash to burn.
"The basic tool for manipulation of reality is the manipulation of words. If you can control the meaning of words, you can control the people who must use them." - Philip K. Dick
Addy
posted 09-24-2004 08:25:42 PM
I honestly have never played one of these,
nem-x
posted 09-24-2004 08:39:31 PM
quote:
Addy probably says this to all the girls:
I honestly have never played one of these,
Death of Rats
Pancake
posted 09-24-2004 08:41:20 PM
I've only played once.
A particularly crafty sea lion is befuddling the Army Corps of Engineers, who have come to believe the 1,000-pound mammal is either from hell -- or from Harvard.
Darius!
Pancake
posted 09-24-2004 08:44:28 PM
I always played Cao Cao in Romance of the Three Kingdoms.
Suddar
posted 09-24-2004 08:47:09 PM
Hit me.

But if you could, describe it a little or at least find a picture or something, because I've never played a single Dynasty Warriors game and I feel a little lazy at the moment.

I don't care if it's Samurai Warriors though.

Sentow, Maybe
Pancake
posted 09-24-2004 08:49:33 PM
Lashanna! You are... Yue Ying!
"I am a warrior before I am a woman."

In life, Yue Ying was rumored to have been unattractive, but Zhuge Liang was drawn to her wisdom and cunning and courted her, ultimately winning her affection. In the game she is represented as a spirited warrior who is utterly devoted to her kingdom and her husband.

Zephyer! You are... Zhang He!
"Let us proceed with elegance, grace, and beauty!"

Though he was once a vassal of Yuan Shao, Zhang He gained notoriety in the service of the Wei kingdom. He quickly proved himself as a highly capable warrior and commander, and rose to join the elite "Five Generals" of the Wei army. In the game, his character is very flamboyant, but no less deadly; he simply takes the time to appreciate the beautiful things in life.

Zair! You are... Jiang Wei!
"An excellent ploy, Prime Minister."

Originally an officer of the Wei kingdom, Jiang Wei was brought into the Shu army through Zhuge Liang's scheming. Jiang Wei had a good head for strategy, and Zhuge Liang made him his de facto disciple. Upon the Prime Minister's death, Jiang Wei took up his role, but lacking the same genius, was unable to defeat the Wei kingdom. Jiang Wei, despite his faults, is presented as a noble-hearted and wise young man who never lost faith in his mentor.

Azrael! You are... Lu Xun!
"Whenever you are ready."

Lu Xun was a relatively young officer, but none could deny his incredible tactical ability. It was his strategy which brought about the defeat of the Shu army at Yi Ling. Lu Xun was reputed to be a sholarly man with a sharp eye and a sharper wit.

Addy! You are... Xiao Qiao!
"I'll beat you up!"

The wife of Wu strategist Zhou Yu, Xiao Qiao was the younger of two beautiful sisters collectively known as the "Two Qiaos." In the game, she is represented as an energetic, carefree tomboy, though she can be mature when the situation calls for it.

Once more into the breach, my friends, once more. We'll close the wall with our dead. In peace, nothing so becomes a man as modesty and humility, but when the blast of war blows in our ears, then imitate the action of the tiger, summon up the blood, disguise fair nature with rage and lend the eye a terrible aspect.
Random Insanity Generator
Condom Ninja El Supremo
posted 09-24-2004 08:57:28 PM
I need to buy these games now that I have a PS2... they were one of the reasons I wanted a PS2...
* NullDevice kicks the server. "Floggings will continue until processing power improves!"
-----------------------------------
"That was black magic, and it was easy to use. Easy and fun. Like Legos." -- Harry Dresden
-----------------------------------
That's what playing Ragnarok Online taught me: There's no problem in the universe that can't be resolved by the proper application of daggers to faces.
Akiraiu Zenko
Is actually a giddy schoolgirl
posted 09-24-2004 08:58:50 PM
Whee!
The artist formerly known as Zephyer Kyuukaze.
Lashanna
noob
posted 09-24-2004 09:07:27 PM
Wow, the graphics on the Japanese version are terrible.
Dad's going to kill you. Really. He is.
Aury
My hair is a deadly weapon
posted 09-24-2004 09:08:32 PM
me plz
Skaw
posted 09-24-2004 09:17:23 PM
quote:
Lashanna had this to say about Punky Brewster:
Wow, the graphics on the Japanese version are terrible.

Console screenshots never look great.

Oh yeah, and ontop of that, it's PS2 lololololol can't forget that.

Alaan
posted 09-24-2004 09:23:50 PM
quote:
A sleep deprived Skaw stammered:
Console screenshots never look great.

Oh yeah, and ontop of that, it's PS2 lololololol can't forget that.

Xbox screenshots are like that especially. The anti-aliasing not only turns off, but seems to inverse on itself.

Azrael Heavenblade
Damn Dirty Godmoder
posted 09-24-2004 09:24:28 PM
The characters in that screenshot look more like Chinese to me than Japanese...I can't recall any Japanese language games where they had nothing but kanji characters and no hiragana/katakana.
"The basic tool for manipulation of reality is the manipulation of words. If you can control the meaning of words, you can control the people who must use them." - Philip K. Dick
JooJooFlop
Hungry Hungry Hippo
posted 09-24-2004 09:26:54 PM
Never played any of the games before. Should I? Which one was the best?
I don't know how to be sexy. If I catch a girl looking at me and our eyes lock, I panic and open mine wider. Then I lick my lips and rub my genitals. And mouth the words "You're dead."
Addy
posted 09-24-2004 09:32:19 PM
quote:
Azrael Heavenblade had this to say about Tron:
The characters in that screenshot look more like Chinese to me than Japanese...I can't recall any Japanese language games where they had nothing but kanji characters and no hiragana/katakana.

??

The names are Chinese, and it's based on Chinese lore AFAIK.

Khyron
Hello, my mushy friend...
posted 09-24-2004 09:35:44 PM
WHOM WOULD I BEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE?
Alaan
posted 09-24-2004 09:42:11 PM
quote:
And I was all like 'Oh yeah?' and Addy was all like:
??

It is Chinese based.

Manticore
Not Much Fun Anymore
posted 09-24-2004 09:47:35 PM
right here
"France tried to turtle, but Hitler did a tank rush before they were ready. Just shows how horribly unbalanced real life is. They should release a patch."
Black
The Outlaw Torn
posted 09-24-2004 09:51:16 PM
I know who I am.

Time was never on my side.
So on I wait my whole lifetime.

Manticore
Not Much Fun Anymore
posted 09-24-2004 09:56:15 PM
o rly?
"France tried to turtle, but Hitler did a tank rush before they were ready. Just shows how horribly unbalanced real life is. They should release a patch."
Sean
posted 09-24-2004 10:13:40 PM
quote:
Black had this to say about Tron:
I know who I am.

You're totally Meng Huo.

A Kansas City Shuffle is when everybody looks right, you go left.

It's not something people hear about.

Ruvyen
Cartoon Broccoli Boy
posted 09-24-2004 10:16:19 PM
Officer... Defeat...
Thief: "I have come to a realisation. Dragons are not real in a general sense, but they may exist in certain specific cases."
Fighter: "Like how quantum mechanics describes how subatomic particles can spontaneously pop into existence at random!"
Thief: "No, that's stupid and stop making up words."
--8-Bit Theater
Sentow, Maybe
Pancake
posted 09-24-2004 10:31:35 PM
I'd like to know who Black thinks he is. The next batch is forthcoming; give me a minute!
Mr. Parcelan
posted 09-24-2004 10:39:49 PM
Give me a Samurai Warriors one.
Sentow, Maybe
Pancake
posted 09-24-2004 11:06:07 PM
DoR, Suddar, Manticore, and Alaan: I don't have enough information to get suitable matches D: But, I'll try to get back to you once I have some more time to think about it.

nem-x! You are... Zhou Tai!
"Undisciplined."

Zhou Tai, a former pirate, was enlisted by Sun Ce to be the bodyguard of his brother, Sun Quan. Zhou Tai proved to be a loyal and reliable companion. He said little, preferring to let his actions speak for him - and they spoke volumes at the battle of He Fei, where Zhou Tai single-handedly rescued Sun Quan after he had become isolated.

Darius! You are... Sima Yi!
"Fools, FOOLS! You know NOTHING of strategy! Wait and see."

A stunningly brilliant strategist who was essentially Zhuge Liang's archnemesis. Sima Yi was an invaluable asset to the Wei kingdom, and led its armies to many pivotal victories, such as at Wu Zhang Plains and Jie Ting. Sima Yi served the reigning Cao family for several generations, but ultimately, he forced the abdication of Cao Pi* and proclaimed his own son as the "King of Jin," paving the way for the Jin Dynasty and the reunification of China.

RIG! You are... Xiahou Dun!
"I am Xiahou Dun. Come if you want to die!"

Cao Cao's right hand man and a loyal Wei soldier. Xiahou Dun was a ferocious warrior and carried out his duties with great proficiency. He was also highly dedicated and rarely backed away from a battle. During a pursuit at Xia Pi, he was struck in the eye by an arrow; incredibly, he survived the injury, removed the arrow, plucked his destroyed eye from the tip and ate it, an act which became symbolic of his dedication.

Aury! You are... Sun Ce!
"Name's Sun Ce; let's have some fun!"

The eldest son of Sun Jian was an ambitious young man who brought the Jiang Dong region under his control, earning him the title, "Little Conqueror." Though he died suddenly at an early age, Sun Ce's conquests culminated in the formation of Wu, the longest lived kindgom of the Three Kingdoms era. In the game, he is represented as a cheerful, outgoing man with an offbeat sense of humor.

JooJooFlop! You are... Pang Tong!
"What do you say we help our kind lord into the seat of power?."

Pang Tong was appointed as a Shu general at Zhuge Liang's behest. Pang Tong is sometimes believed to have been a greater tactician than even Kongming himself, but tragically, he was mistaken for Liu Bei and assassinated during the campaign against Liu Chan. In the game, Pang Tong normally has a quiet, laid back nature, but occassionally shows signs of arrogance or outright contempt towards others - especially Zhuge Liang.

Khyron! You are... Xiahou Yuan!
"I wouldn't lose at archery!"

The brother of Xiahou Dun and a trusted Wei general. Xiahou Yuan is reported to have been an outstanding archer. At the battle of Mt. Ding Jun, he confronted Shu's Huang Zhong and was slain. In the game, though he is loud-mouthed, arrogant, and a sore loser, he is essentially a decent person and a capable commander.

Black! You are... Lu Meng!
"There are no formalities in battle."

A Wu general who once believed might made right. Though he was a fierce warrior, he had no skill for tactics and posessed a bad temper. After being severely admonished by Lord Sun Quan, Lu Meng turned to academia to improve himself, and though there was sometimes a struggle between the warrior and the scholar, in the end he became a very valuable commander; it was his strategies which led to the defeat of the virtually invincible Guan Yu.

Sean! You are... Zhang Liao!
"Hmph! No heralds come with death."

A soldier who followed first Dong Zhuo, then Lu Bu, and finally found a home within the ranks of Wei's armies. Zhang Liao was one of the greatest and most feared warriors of his time; in Wu, it was said that the mention of his name would make weeping children be silent. In the game, he is sometimes overdramatic and fond of announcing himself, but is nonetheless a respected general and awe-inspiring warrior.

Ruvyen! You are... Masamune Date!
"Imbeciles! Know your place!"

I know you didn't ask for a SW character, but Masamune fits you perfectly IMO.

The young lord of the Date clan, Masamune was tempermental and impetuous in his youth, but the death of his mentor mellowed him, and he one day became a greatly respected leader. In the game, he has a single-minded ambition to unite Japan and bring glory to the Date clan, but ultimately realizes that "there are always new ways, new possibilities."

He also wields two swords

Parcelan! You are... Kenshin Uesugi!
"Flames of Hell, vanquish the wicked!"

Unfortunately, I know jack diddly about Kenshin in history, so I'll have to give you only his "gameface," as it were.

Kenshin was a remarkably powerful warrior, though he lacked the strategic prowess of his nemesis, Shingen Takeda. He was often seen as belligerent and volatile - and frankly, that was most likely the truth. However, Kenshin never entered a battle he didn't have to. Furthermore, he was a very pious man, honoring the slain of friend and foe alike. He is eventually able to realize his limitations and make peace with Shingen, suggesting a very promising future for the Dragon of Echigo.

Addy
posted 09-24-2004 11:14:00 PM
My character's husband rocks.

edit: Except for the whole dying-of-sickness-at-36 thing

Addy fucked around with this message on 09-24-2004 at 11:18 PM.

UBT
Pancake
posted 09-24-2004 11:41:43 PM
I am Lu BU!!! I am the most broken kicky assy character ever!!!!!
Suddar
posted 09-25-2004 12:32:34 AM
You have no idea how much it hurts me that you throw me in with Death of Rats and Manticore.
Ruvyen
Cartoon Broccoli Boy
posted 09-25-2004 01:46:37 AM
quote:
He also wields two swords

Two wooden swords. Defeating soldiers left and right with wooden swords just screams "1337 skills".

Thief: "I have come to a realisation. Dragons are not real in a general sense, but they may exist in certain specific cases."
Fighter: "Like how quantum mechanics describes how subatomic particles can spontaneously pop into existence at random!"
Thief: "No, that's stupid and stop making up words."
--8-Bit Theater
Azrael Heavenblade
Damn Dirty Godmoder
posted 09-25-2004 03:18:11 AM
quote:
Addy had this to say about dark elf butts:
??

I know all that, was confused as to why Lash thought the screenie was from the Japanese version when there's no Japanese to be found.

Snugglits
I LIKE TO ABUSE THE ALERT MOD BUTTON AND I ENJOY THE FLAVOR OF SWEET SWEET COCK.
posted 09-25-2004 03:34:01 AM
k let's try it
[b].sig removed by Mr. Parcelan[/b]
Hostile Makeover
Evil as chocolate covered thistles
posted 09-25-2004 04:05:37 AM
Sakkra
Office Linebacker
posted 09-25-2004 04:25:56 AM
*Gets a Musou 30 Sec. powerup and destroys half the board's lesser inhabitants*
Goma
Pancake
posted 09-25-2004 05:08:21 AM
I post in this thread because I love Dynasty Warriors and Samurai Warriors, but because Samurai Warriors is the freshest in my mind, and I've basically forgotten all of the DW heroes, I want you to give me a Samurai Warriors character.

And no, I do not expect it to be accurate as I am a semi-lurker.

nem-x
posted 09-25-2004 05:27:03 AM
All times are US/Eastern
Hop To: