EverCrest Message Forums
You are not logged in. Login or Register.
Author
Topic: Uh Oh. What next? No more anime panty shots?
Vecchio Hickory
Pancake
posted 04-12-2004 11:11:32 PM
Mr. Parcelan
posted 04-12-2004 11:14:55 PM
Karnaj tried to sell me his soiled undergarments once. Nevermind the fact that they were my undergarments he soiled.
Delphi Aegis
Delphi. That's right. The oracle. Ask me anything. Anything about your underwear.
posted 04-12-2004 11:19:27 PM
They banned it a while ago. Or, at least I remember a story saying they did.

Won't stop it. Will just stop the vending machines (YES, Vending machines.).

Elvish Crack Piper
Murder is justified so long as people believe in something different than you do
posted 04-12-2004 11:43:34 PM
Vending Machines?

Link us please. I dont believe this

(Insert Funny Phrase Here)
Faelynn LeAndris
Lusty busty redheaded wood elf with sharp claws
posted 04-12-2004 11:49:22 PM
quote:
They get paid more if they attach their photos to them - or leave their stained sanitary pads inside

ooooooooooooooooookay.

My LAUNCHCast Station
"Respect the Forest, Fear the Ranger"
I got lost for an hour and became god.
Pvednes
Lynched
posted 04-12-2004 11:51:34 PM
quote:
Delphi Aegis thought about the meaning of life:
They banned it a while ago. Or, at least I remember a story saying they did.

Won't stop it. Will just stop the vending machines (YES, Vending machines.).

I thought the vending machines sold clean ones.

Random Insanity Generator
Condom Ninja El Supremo
posted 04-13-2004 12:40:22 AM
quote:
So quoth Pvednes:
I thought the vending machines sold clean ones.

Both actually. Clean ones were pretty common, used/soiled were rarer, but existed.

And this if fairly old news... they've been cracking down on 'compensated dating' and the like. Trying to clean up some of the rank perversion in the country.

Good luck fellas.

* NullDevice kicks the server. "Floggings will continue until processing power improves!"
-----------------------------------
"That was black magic, and it was easy to use. Easy and fun. Like Legos." -- Harry Dresden
-----------------------------------
That's what playing Ragnarok Online taught me: There's no problem in the universe that can't be resolved by the proper application of daggers to faces.
Elvish Crack Piper
Murder is justified so long as people believe in something different than you do
posted 04-13-2004 01:00:26 AM
Heh

Rank Perversion

Its japan. let it be japan.

Faelynn LeAndris
posted 04-13-2004 01:04:07 AM
quote:
Elvish Crack Piper said this about your mom:
Heh

Rank Perversion

Its japan. let it be japan.

Thats one thing I always found funny about the Japan-Love over here. Not because I have anything against Japan or any other asian nation, but you have all these kids running around trying to mimic Japan Culture, Otaku, whatever, but how many of em really know anything about the culture beyond it is just the thing to do? JAPAN IS SO COOL! I WISH I WAS JAPANESE!... Uhhhh, okay.

And didn't/doesn't Japan try to mimic the west too?

It's just weird heh.

My LAUNCHCast Station
Snoota
Now I am become Death, shatterer of worlds
posted 04-13-2004 01:11:03 AM
The funniest thing about that, Fae, is that no respectable Japanese citizen would ever refer to themselves as, "Otaku". It's actually an insult there, of sorts.
Faelynn LeAndris
posted 04-13-2004 01:13:41 AM
quote:
Snoota had this to say about Reading Rainbow:
The funniest thing about that, Fae, is that no respectable Japanese citizen would ever refer to themselves as, "Otaku". It's actually an insult there, of sorts.

Exactly my point. Heh

My LAUNCHCast Station
Elvish Crack Piper
posted 04-13-2004 01:14:06 AM
Doesnt otaku just mean weird or outsider?

Fae, I dont try to be japanese.

Why the quotage man

Faelynn LeAndris
posted 04-13-2004 01:15:24 AM
quote:
Elvish Crack Piper painfully thought these words up:
Doesnt otaku just mean weird or outsider?

Fae, I dont try to be japanese.

Why the quotage man

Had nothing to do with you, it just you pointing out the "Rank Perversion" comment and then saying "Let Japan be Japan".

It was relateable.

My LAUNCHCast Station
Elvish Crack Piper
posted 04-13-2004 01:22:04 AM
Meh.

Was just thinking about how its a cultural thing, the dirty panties bit. Why bother stopping it.

Not like its so uncommon throughout the world. Compensated Dating, Suger Daddies, Thai Girls, Prostitution.

Meh.

Faelynn LeAndris
posted 04-13-2004 01:40:02 AM
quote:
This one time, at Elvish Crack Piper camp:
Meh.

Was just thinking about how its a cultural thing, the dirty panties bit. Why bother stopping it.

Not like its so uncommon throughout the world. Compensated Dating, Suger Daddies, Thai Girls, Prostitution.

Meh.

I know, like I said, it had nothing to do with you or anything else, the comment just made me think about all the little japanese wannabe kids running around stateside who don't really have a clue.

My LAUNCHCast Station
Elvish Crack Piper
posted 04-13-2004 01:44:59 AM
Heh

OP

DarkDragoon
Pancake
posted 04-13-2004 02:25:05 AM
Errr, they may have made a law against it, but... I live *in* japan and they still sell them (pretty obviously too at nearby stores) oh, and otaku is actually an honorific of taku (home) so it's taken as an insult just about as much as "nerd" is here. (you have no life outside your house)
"What is Light without Darkness?"
"And to think I could kill every man, woman, and child here if I wanted to. The power of death is intoxicating"
Shadow Knight of Tarew Marr
Eternal Lurker of the Boards.
nem-x
posted 04-13-2004 02:25:58 AM
I'm an otaku ^_^ \/

edit: I mispelled otaku, my life is ruined.

nem-x fucked around with this message on 04-13-2004 at 02:26 AM.

Elvish Crack Piper
posted 04-13-2004 03:05:26 AM
Dark Dragoon.

1. Do they sell Naruto Anime DVDs?

2. Do those DvDs come with the option of English Subtitles

3. Whats shipping to america?

Ja'Deth Issar Ka'bael
I posted in a title changing thread.
posted 04-13-2004 03:15:44 AM
Eh..So we want to act Japanese. So? They want to act like us. There are anglophiles in the States who want to be English, Francophiles who adore the French, etc.

It just so happens that the Japanese culture is the most acceptable and for the most part the most enjoyable option; it's so very different from us, but at the same time safely close to what we like.

Lyinar's sweetie and don't you forget it!*
"All those moments will be lost in time, like tears in rain. Time to die. -Roy Batty
*Also Lyinar's attack panda

sigpic courtesy of This Guy, original modified by me

Snoota
Now I am become Death, shatterer of worlds
posted 04-13-2004 03:21:15 AM
quote:
Ja'Deth Issar Ka'bael enlisted the help of an infinite number of monkeys to write:
but at the same time safely close to what we like.

Sex crazed teenage girls in schoolgirl outfits?

Elvish Crack Piper
posted 04-13-2004 03:22:39 AM
quote:
Snoota had this to say about Optimus Prime:
Sex crazed girls

Yep

Faelynn LeAndris
posted 04-13-2004 03:43:28 PM
quote:
Ja'Deth Issar Ka'bael had this to say about Pirotess:
Eh..So we want to act Japanese. So? They want to act like us. There are anglophiles in the States who want to be English, Francophiles who adore the French, etc.

It just so happens that the Japanese culture is the most acceptable and for the most part the most enjoyable option; it's so very different from us, but at the same time safely close to what we like.

The difference comes, Deth, in the kids who do it nothing more to be part of the "Cool" crowd and REALLY have no clue what the hell it is they are trying to emulate.

Like miss Spears getting a tattoo, and not having a friggin clue what it means, etc etc. It's "trendy" but most are clueless. I find it moronic. I have the same issues with "Gothiness". We are not talking about the people who actually take in interest in Japanese culture and history, and then try to adopt it. We are talking the fashionably wannabe.

Nek neko Wai! ^_^

My LAUNCHCast Station
DarkDragoon
Pancake
posted 04-13-2004 04:27:55 PM
Actually ECP, i'd have to look into that... I do know that they sell Naruto dvd's in Japanese, however finding ones with English subtitles is a bit more difficult.

Shipping depends on the weight, just a single dvd prolly about 10-20 bucks (guessing), a set might be 20 or more. I'll prolly go by a store sometime this week and I will let ya know the price if they have them available in english.

"What is Light without Darkness?"
"And to think I could kill every man, woman, and child here if I wanted to. The power of death is intoxicating"
Shadow Knight of Tarew Marr
Eternal Lurker of the Boards.
Elvish Crack Piper
posted 04-13-2004 08:41:06 PM
Thatd be amazing.

Simply amazing.

DVD set would be like 25+ DVDs, maybe get some bulk rate or something.

Thatd be sweet though, thanks DD

All times are US/Eastern
Hop To: