EverCrest Message Forums
You are not logged in. Login or Register.
Author
Topic: Seen what the new Batmobile looks like?
Lechium
With no one to ever know
posted 04-05-2004 08:06:39 PM
I don't even know where to begin.

I... I, its a piece of garbage! This is something out of a Terminator movie or something, its ridiculosuly huge and to exposed at the front. I thought Batman was a man of the dark, but drivibng this thing will just get everyones attention.

Also, here's a picture of Christian Bale on set dressed up like Bruce Wayne.

I dunno, I have hopes for this movie and want to see it succeed, just at least better than the last 2 pieces of garbage (or was it three?).

"The MP checkpoint is not an Imperial Stormtrooper roadblock, so I should not tell them "You don't need to see my identification, these are not the droids you are looking for."
Mr. Gainsborough
posted 04-05-2004 08:09:11 PM
quote:
Lechium had this to say about dark elf butts:
I don't even know where to begin.

Ew.

Darius!
Pancake
posted 04-05-2004 08:10:09 PM
It reminds me of a John Deere tractor.
Ares
posted 04-05-2004 08:11:46 PM
Mog
not really a mmembe rof tis boered
posted 04-05-2004 08:12:15 PM
I had very high hopes for this hopeing it would be like batman year one the book, which was oen fo the best batman stopries ever told

Regret calamities if you can thereby help the sufferer; if not, attend to your own work and allready the evil begins to be repaired
- Self Rreliance
Skaw
posted 04-05-2004 08:18:00 PM
You have to take in to consideration that this is going to most likely be the Bruce Wayne becomes Batman story. He's not going to have a jet engine car ready, nor the designs for one.
Gunslinger Moogle
No longer a gimmick
posted 04-05-2004 08:23:09 PM
quote:
Riddle me this, Bat-Skaw!:
You have to take in to consideration that this is going to most likely be the Bruce Wayne becomes Batman story. He's not going to have a jet engine car ready, nor the designs for one.

And having this lying around makes so much more sense? He's a wealthy urbanite kid, why would he drive around in a mutant tractor?

moogle is the 3241727861th binary digit of pi

Disclaimer: I'm just kidding, I love all living things.
The fastest draw in the Crest.
"The Internet is MY critical thinking course." -Maradon
"Gambling for the husband, an abortion for the wife and fireworks for the kids they chose to keep? Fuck you, Disneyland. The Pine Ridge Indian Reservation is the happiest place on Earth." -JooJooFlop

Death of Rats
Pancake
posted 04-05-2004 08:36:31 PM
That looks cool.. if it was in terminator or some futuristic space move or something. Copuld it even be considered street legel?
A particularly crafty sea lion is befuddling the Army Corps of Engineers, who have come to believe the 1,000-pound mammal is either from hell -- or from Harvard.
Faelynn LeAndris
Lusty busty redheaded wood elf with sharp claws
posted 04-05-2004 08:51:58 PM
You sure thats the actuall "Batmobile" ie: The standard car, and NOT one of the Batman special vechicle types, ala the Bat Jet?

My LAUNCHCast Station
"Respect the Forest, Fear the Ranger"
I got lost for an hour and became god.
Mr. Parcelan
posted 04-05-2004 08:52:31 PM
Looks like a Batman racing game made reality.
Monica
I've got an owie on my head :(
posted 04-05-2004 08:54:50 PM
A huge, knock-your-breath-away chill went through me right as I clicked the Bat Mobile link.

I think it's a sign.

Mr. Parcelan
posted 04-05-2004 08:55:24 PM
quote:
Monica was naked while typing this:
A huge, knock-your-breath-away chill went through me right as I clicked the Bat Mobile link.

I think it's a sign.

That you should turn on the heat?

Monica
I've got an owie on my head :(
posted 04-05-2004 09:02:49 PM
quote:
When the babel fish was in place, it was apparent Mr. Parcelan said:
That you should turn on the heat?

Except I'm not cold.

Vecchio Hickory
Pancake
posted 04-05-2004 09:16:13 PM
Bat Humvee
Elvish Crack Piper
Murder is justified so long as people believe in something different than you do
posted 04-05-2004 09:39:11 PM
Ya know, the bruce wayne bit is partly to distract from who is really is, and this seems pretty different from a rich kids car.

What kind of special vehicle would it be? The Bat Hummer?

(Insert Funny Phrase Here)
BeauChan
Objects in sigpic may be hammier than they appear
posted 04-05-2004 10:45:58 PM
quote:
Vecchio Hickory had this to say about Cuba:
Bat Humvee

That made me spit out my KFC I was laughing so hard.

Endured by EC for over 7 years and counting...
Trillee
I <3 My Deviant
posted 04-05-2004 10:53:28 PM
Could be worse.

Could be Adam West...

Lechium
With no one to ever know
posted 04-05-2004 10:54:52 PM
quote:
Trillee stopped staring at Deedlit long enough to write:
Could be worse.

Could be Adam West...

"And why doesn't Batman dance anymore? Remember the bat-two-see?"

"The MP checkpoint is not an Imperial Stormtrooper roadblock, so I should not tell them "You don't need to see my identification, these are not the droids you are looking for."
Steven Steve
posted 04-05-2004 11:01:25 PM
it looks like a monster truck
"Absolutely NOTHING [will stop me from buying Diablo III]. I will buy it regardless of what they do."
- Grawbad, Battle.net forums

"Don't want to sound like a fanboy, but I am with you. I'll buy it for sure, it's just a matter of for how long I will be playing it..."
- Silvast, Battle.net forums

Gork
Pancake
posted 04-05-2004 11:23:37 PM
Looks like the argument on wether this movie will suck or not has been put to rest....
Another Unsolved Mystery is goin' down in history.
TheOriginalZane
Pancake
posted 04-06-2004 12:53:51 AM
bullshit.
Worst Batmobile ever.
The only thing that could make it worse is if Ron Jeremy is the next Robin. That would be bad.

Well, I would rather Ron as the new Bond than that tool Orlando Bloom.
Orlando blows.

TheOriginalZane fucked around with this message on 04-06-2004 at 12:56 AM.

The worst member of EC.
Live Journal
Elvish Crack Piper
Murder is justified so long as people believe in something different than you do
posted 04-06-2004 02:02:45 AM
Ron Jeremy in "ButtMan"
Ja'Deth Issar Ka'bael
I posted in a title changing thread.
posted 04-06-2004 02:50:44 AM
Okay from the very start, they tossed around some unusual designs for the batmobile (there was one with a stylized bat-head on the front of something that looked like an evil Back To The Future DeLorean for a long time). The idea is that for most of the film, Bruce hasn't settled on his identity. Bruce was operating as a vigilante before he donned the bat garb.

So in that respect, he was probably going for function over form. I heard you'll probably see "Easter Eggs" in the movie. Design diagrams for the Batmobile you see in the first movie, etc.

I still think this film is going to rock. Oh and keep in mind that in the comic, Batman has had a number of different-model batmobiles (and even has a tricked out Humvee stashed). He also has at least two different Batplanes.

Lyinar's sweetie and don't you forget it!*
"All those moments will be lost in time, like tears in rain. Time to die. -Roy Batty
*Also Lyinar's attack panda

sigpic courtesy of This Guy, original modified by me

Aury
My hair is a deadly weapon
posted 04-06-2004 02:52:56 AM
He looks like bob saget.
Snoota
Now I am become Death, shatterer of worlds
posted 04-06-2004 02:57:54 AM
quote:
Ja'Deth Issar Ka'bael had this to say about John Romero:
I still think this film is going to rock. Oh and keep in mind that in the comic, Batman has had a number of different-model batmobiles (and even has a tricked out Humvee stashed). He also has at least two different Batplanes.

While it wasn't in the real continuity, don't forget the BAT TANK!

SURRENDER NOW OR BE DEST--
<blam blam blam blam>
They don't even wait for the order. Young people these days... no respect for History.

Ja'Deth Issar Ka'bael
posted 04-06-2004 03:05:07 AM
The Batmobile Tank kicked ass.

"Rubber Bullets...Honest."

"All those moments will be lost in time, like tears in rain. Time to die. -Roy Batty

Elvish Crack Piper
posted 04-06-2004 03:20:13 AM
The robin in that kinda sucked, but the rest was AWSOME.
Ja'Deth Issar Ka'bael
posted 04-06-2004 03:21:49 AM
quote:
Elvish Crack Piper had this to say about Reading Rainbow:

She's pretty good as the new Catwoman in the sequel series.

Snoota
posted 04-06-2004 03:23:45 AM
quote:
Elvish Crack Piper had this to say about (_|_):

Robin in that mini series was the best sidekick since Bucky. She did what a sidekick is supposed to do. Make the Hero look good.

Palador ChibiDragon
Dismembered
posted 04-06-2004 03:26:01 AM
quote:
A sleep deprived Ja'Deth Issar Ka'bael stammered:
She's pretty good as the new Catwoman in the sequel series.

Sequel series? I must have missed out on this. Information please.

I believe in the existance of magic, not because I have seen proof of its existance, but because I refuse to live in a world where it does not exist.
Mr. Parcelan
posted 04-06-2004 03:28:02 AM
Robin as a female? I don't know what anyone here is talking about.
Ja'Deth Issar Ka'bael
posted 04-06-2004 03:32:52 AM
quote:
We were all impressed when Palador ChibiDragon wrote:
Sequel series? I must have missed out on this. Information please.

It was released last year. Three piece story. A LOT more cameos. Batman's offensive return in "Dark Knight Returns" set the world spinning. This series takes place a few years later. Batman's war has become something of an underground terrorist operation, and it's repercussions are reverberating throughout the world, and have an impact on how the twisted world of the future deals with a renewed threat from the old days.

Snoota
posted 04-06-2004 03:34:37 AM
quote:
Mr. Parcelan's fortune cookie read:

The Dark Knight Returns. Best comic book story ever told. Takes place in a future where Batman had been retired for ten years and comes out of retirement in a world that doesn't want him there anymore. Has the best Superman/Batman fight evar!

Ja'Deth Issar Ka'bael
posted 04-06-2004 03:37:03 AM
quote:
Mr. Parcelan stopped staring at Deedlit long enough to write:

In "Dark Knight Returns" Bruce Wayne ditched the Batman identity fifteen years before (they allude to the idea that the death of the second Robin made him give it up) and Gotham (and the world in general) has gone to shit without someone keeping Gotham and the assorted superheroes (Superman, for instance) in line. When Two Face is apparently "cured" and instead goes back to his old behavior, Batman returns, and essentially starts a war on crime. He takes back the night in Gotham from the gangs and a slew of old villains (and finally kills the Joker, for instance). In the midst of this, a teenager named Carrie Kelley gets it into her head that the only way for the world to be a better place is for people to fix it themselves, so she suits up as Robin and goes out to help the fight. She ends up teaming with Batman.

Ja'Deth Issar Ka'bael
posted 04-06-2004 03:39:01 AM
quote:
Snoota had this to say about John Romero:
The Dark Knight Returns. Best comic book story ever told. Takes place in a future where Batman had been retired for ten years and comes out of retirement in a world that doesn't want him there anymore. Has the best Superman/Batman fight evar!

"I want you to remember this, Clark. I want you to remember my hands around your throat. I want you to remember the one man who beat you."

Was worth it because Clark Kent showed up at the funeral with a busted lip, etc. And it helped redefine Batman as a character.

Snoota
posted 04-06-2004 03:44:42 AM
I've read that thing so many times I've got half of it memorized.

"We could have changed the world. Now look at us. I've become a political reliability, and you... you're a joke. I want you to remember, Clark. In all the years to come, in your most private moments, I want you to remember my hand at your throat. I want you to remember the one man who beat you."

Mr. Parcelan
posted 04-06-2004 03:44:46 AM
Give me some cool pictures from this.
Snoota
posted 04-06-2004 03:53:36 AM
Let us not forget the best scene in the entire series!

Batman knocks out thug.

Thug wakes up to find something covering his face.

Batman sez, "You know who I am, punk? I'm the worst nightmare you've ever had. The one that makes you wake up screaming for your mother. You've got a mother, don't you? Every punk should have a mother."

Batman continues to taunt him for a while, starting to question him.

Thug sez, "I'll tell you everything, man. But the deal is.. I walk. No cops."

Batman sez, "I don't think you understand the situation. You're not in a position to negotiate..."

Batman removes the cape covering the thug's eyes, showing him that he's hanging face first off the Gotham Towers by nothing but a length of rope tied to his feet.

It was tough work, carrying two hundred and twenty pounds of sociopath to the top of Gotham Towers, the highest spot in the city. The scream alone is worth it.

Snoota fucked around with this message on 04-06-2004 at 03:54 AM.

Ja'Deth Issar Ka'bael
posted 04-06-2004 03:59:53 AM
quote:
ACES! Another post by Snoota:
Let us not forget the best scene in the entire series!

Batman knocks out thug.

Thug wakes up to find something covering his face.

Batman sez, "You know who I am, punk? I'm the worst nightmare you've ever had. The one that makes you wake up screaming for your mother. You've got a mother, don't you? Every punk should have a mother."

Batman continues to taunt him for a while, starting to question him.

Thug sez, "I'll tell you everything, man. But the deal is.. I walk. No cops."

Batman sez, "I don't think you understand the situation. You're not in a position to negotiate..."

Batman removes the cape covering the thug's eyes, showing him that he's hanging face first off the Gotham Towers by nothing but a length of rope tied to his feet.

It was tough work, carrying two hundred and twenty pounds of sociopath to the top of Gotham Towers, the highest spot in the city. The scream alone is worth it.

He continues to be like that in the sequel. He's the scariest bastard in the world and he knows it. I love what he does to Luthor. He lets Lex Luthor (a significantly jacked up Lex Luthor) beat seven kinds of crap out of him just so he can be there when Luthor finds out what he did to Luthor's plans...and how fucked Luthor is. It was beautiful.

Elvish Crack Piper
posted 04-06-2004 06:09:39 AM
Ooooh.

How much is it going to run me to get that comic.

All times are US/Eastern
Hop To: