EverCrest Message Forums
You are not logged in. Login or Register.
Author
Topic: You're Opinions Are Gonna Earn Me an A!
Lady Delirium
Drysart loves me!
posted 03-09-2004 07:01:48 PM
what are your views on the movie "Passion of The Christ"
detailed please. even if you haven't seen it

yes, that is maradon spining around in a chair ^_ ____ _ ^
Snugglits
I LIKE TO ABUSE THE ALERT MOD BUTTON AND I ENJOY THE FLAVOR OF SWEET SWEET COCK.
posted 03-09-2004 07:03:47 PM
How can you have views if you haven't seen it?

^^^ My view.

[b].sig removed by Mr. Parcelan[/b]
Akiraiu Zenko
Is actually a giddy schoolgirl
posted 03-09-2004 07:06:19 PM
My view is, that it's a movie about a religion that I'm not a part of, so the movie as a whole is rather irrelevant to me.
The artist formerly known as Zephyer Kyuukaze.
Kermitov
Pancake
posted 03-09-2004 07:13:26 PM
A friend of mine said "I saw The Passion of the Christ last night."

I said "So how was it?"

He replied "Well... there wasn't much passion."

Falaanla Marr
I AM HOT CHIX
posted 03-09-2004 07:17:19 PM
quote:
Kalculus Kid or Mathinator or Waisz said this about your mom:
How can you have views if you haven't seen it?

^^^ My view.

View about the idea behind the movie, maybe on how you feel about MEl Gibson trying to make a definitely controversial movie like this, etc etc etc

Callalron
Hires people with hooks
posted 03-09-2004 07:19:42 PM
Oh, you mean Mel's new movie, "The Gospel According to Braveheart"?

Haven't seen it yet.

Callalron
"When mankind finally discovers the center of the universe, a lot of people are going to be upset that it isn't them."
"If you give a man a fish he'll eat for a day. If you teach a man to fish he'll just go out and buy an ugly hat. But if you talk to a starving man about fish, then you've become a consultant."--Dogbert
Arvek, 41 Bounty Hunter
Vrook Lamar server
Mr. Parcelan
posted 03-09-2004 07:20:33 PM
I'd say it was just a good idea for a movie and people are looking to cause trouble about it.
Ares
posted 03-09-2004 07:28:11 PM
Making money off of the brutality unleashed upon a religious figure is wrong. Everyone knows what happend, if they don't and were interested they could read the New Testament.

Gibson didn't want to show his respect and idolization for Jesus like he claims, all he wanted to do was to make money.

Vecchio Hickory
Pancake
posted 03-09-2004 07:33:08 PM
Rey
Pancake
posted 03-09-2004 07:45:24 PM
I don't want to have to READ a movie... thats what books are for.
There should be stuff here.
Hostile Makeover
Evil as chocolate covered thistles
posted 03-09-2004 07:52:44 PM
quote:
Rey probably says this to all the girls:
I don't want to have to READ a movie... thats what books are for.

I really hate that comment. Anyone with a third grade education should be able to read subtitles and not complain. 99% of the time, it's just people being lazy.

As for the movie, I haven't seen it yet, cause I'm poor and unemployed. I'm waiting to see if it hits the local Dollar Theatre!

KaLourin
Illanae's Stooge!
posted 03-09-2004 07:54:58 PM
quote:
Ares had this to say about John Romero:
Making money off of the brutality unleashed upon a religious figure is wrong. Everyone knows what happend, if they don't and were interested they could read the New Testament.

Gibson didn't want to show his respect and idolization for Jesus like he claims, all he wanted to do was to make money.

Yes, I'm sure money is the motivating factor behind an idea that entire nations were in an uproar about, and the Pope himself had to view the script and synopsis before the church would even *allow* Gibson to make the movie.

Yep... all that trouble just for money. Yep.

Dont make me slap you so hard your bucket spins around, and around,and stops sideways,thus confusing you, and making you run about London wearing your bucket, a g-string, and carrying a stick,smacking the ground while yelling "MAGICALLY DELICIOUS! MAGICALLY FUCKING DELICIOUS!"- {Tal} to Mortious
Hebrew 9:3- 'And the Lord said unto me, "Dude, there isn't a K in covenant."' - Snoota

This beer drops trou and fucks your mouth with pure hoppy goodness. - Karnaj
Liam
Swims in Erotic Circles
posted 03-09-2004 07:56:28 PM
Our opinions won't earn you an A until you spell "Your" right, missy.

>:(

Karnaj
Road Warrior Queef
posted 03-09-2004 07:57:22 PM
It's really controversial, ya know...releasing a movie about Jesus in a country with at least 175 million Christians. Ran a reaaaal big risk there, Mel. Is it anti-semitic? I dunno, did acts of anti-semitism markedly increase after the release of the film? The only real controversy surrounding this movie would be the violence, and that only concerns young children whose idiot parents brought them to see it.

As for me: read the book, didn't like it. I feel no great need to see it to increase my understanding of a religion to which I don't subscribe in the first place.

That's the American Dream: to make your life into something you can sell. - Chuck Palahniuk, Haunted

Under capitalism, man exploits man. Under communism, it's just the opposite. - John Kenneth Galbraith

Beer.

Trent
Smurfberry Moneyshot
posted 03-09-2004 08:36:28 PM
Haven't seen it, doubt I will see it til it comes out on DVD and a friend rents it and brings it over.

So, hard to have an opnion about something I've not seen.

Falaanla Marr
I AM HOT CHIX
posted 03-09-2004 08:43:50 PM
quote:
KaLourin was listening to Cher while typing:
Yes, I'm sure money is the motivating factor behind an idea that entire nations were in an uproar about, and the Pope himself had to view the script and synopsis before the church would even *allow* Gibson to make the movie.

Yep... all that trouble just for money. Yep.

I'm with KaL here. I HIGHLY doubt he would have gone through all this trouble just for the profits...he could have made a run of the mill action film and likely raked in the Benjamins.

I've done alot of reading up, and I honestly do believe Mel wanted to try to reach the non-Christians out there with this movie. Unless he has absolutely lied about his life in the past and how he came to his current faith/what his current faith is, I'm pretty damn sure this wasn't a money grab for him.

Me, I haven't seen it yet, though I plan to.

Snugglits
I LIKE TO ABUSE THE ALERT MOD BUTTON AND I ENJOY THE FLAVOR OF SWEET SWEET COCK.
posted 03-09-2004 08:56:17 PM
quote:
Nobody really understood why Falaanla Marr wrote:
View about the idea behind the movie, maybe on how you feel about MEl Gibson trying to make a definitely controversial movie like this, etc etc etc

I don't follow any of that at all, so...

[b].sig removed by Mr. Parcelan[/b]
Falaanla Marr
I AM HOT CHIX
posted 03-09-2004 09:02:30 PM
quote:
Kalculus Kid or Mathinator or Waisz had this to say about Robocop:
I don't follow any of that at all, so...

How about this:

Lady D wasn't asking necessarily for opinions on the content of the movie as a whole. She wanted opinions on anything you think of the movie. Why do you plan to go see it, why don't you plan to go see it, stuff like that. She wasn't asking for a review of the movie.

I personally felt my last statement was clearer.

Trent
Smurfberry Moneyshot
posted 03-09-2004 09:14:54 PM
Oh.. why I'm not going to see it.

Cause.. I just don't care.

Falaanla Marr
I AM HOT CHIX
posted 03-09-2004 09:42:52 PM
quote:
Trent had this to say about Captain Planet:
Oh.. why I'm not going to see it.

Cause.. I just don't care.

So Goth.

Lechium
With no one to ever know
posted 03-09-2004 09:56:58 PM
I dunno, I would really like to see it to see what Mel did with what he was allowed to produce. But I don't understand why people think this is violent. I don't understand why people were thinking it was going to NOT be violent. I mean, its not like jesus was walking through an empty street with Romans guarding him carrying his crucifix; or tied the the cross and pecked to death by ravens. He was nailed to a freaking 10 foot long wood pole with giant steel spikes hamemred through his wrists *shudder*

I dunno, thats just me. But I still want to see it

"The MP checkpoint is not an Imperial Stormtrooper roadblock, so I should not tell them "You don't need to see my identification, these are not the droids you are looking for."
Kiranê
Total Crap
posted 03-09-2004 10:08:58 PM
My girlfriends step dad is a pastor and he bought like his whole church a private showing of the movie. I was forced into going with my girlfriend.

It was pure crap. Subtitles? WTF this is the year 2004, I shouldn't have to read my movies. Even if it had english audio, it still would have sucked.

A crappy story makes a crappy movie.

I swear 80% of the people were crying and 'emotionlly distrought' as they were walking out of the theater. Such bullshit, it was just a fuckin movie.

Mr. Crabs
Pancake
posted 03-09-2004 10:23:13 PM
I liked it. Also, I had no problem with the subtitles.
There's a King on a throne with his eyes torn out.
There's a Blind Man looking for a shadow of doubt.
There's a Rich Man sleeping on a golden bed.
There's a Skeleton choking on a crust of bread.
Lechium
With no one to ever know
posted 03-09-2004 10:25:13 PM
quote:
Verily, Kiranê doth proclaim:

Wow. That was the most ignorant thing I've ever seen in a while. A crappy story indeed you say? Im sure had you said this else where you would have gotten a tongue lashing by relgious group of sorts. One should not argue against the largest dogma in church history.

"The MP checkpoint is not an Imperial Stormtrooper roadblock, so I should not tell them "You don't need to see my identification, these are not the droids you are looking for."
Mr. Parcelan
posted 03-09-2004 10:29:26 PM
quote:
Lechium was listening to Cher while typing:
Wow. That was the most ignorant thing I've ever seen in a while. A crappy story indeed you say? Im sure had you said this else where you would have gotten a tongue lashing by relgious group of sorts. One should not argue against the largest dogma in church history.

Ignorance, you will find, is a surefire way to get attention.

OtakuPenguin
Peels like a tangerine, but is juicy like an orange.
posted 03-10-2004 12:06:44 AM
quote:
Kiranê had this to say about Tron:
My girlfriends step dad is a pastor and he bought like his whole church a private showing of the movie. I was forced into going with my girlfriend.

It was pure crap. Subtitles? WTF this is the year 2004, I shouldn't have to read my movies. Even if it had english audio, it still would have sucked.

I swear 80% of the people were crying and 'emotionlly distrought' as they were walking out of the theater. Such bullshit, it was just a fuckin movie.

What the holy fucking shit.

..:: This Is The Sound Of Settling ::..
Kegwen
Sonyfag
posted 03-10-2004 12:10:03 AM
quote:
OtakuPenguin thought about the meaning of life:
What the holy fucking shit.

uh... yeah. I'm not a Christian, but I can sympathize with people being moved by it.

Instead of attempting to flame ECP for this, I'll write this instead:

Karnaj
Road Warrior Queef
posted 03-10-2004 12:18:32 AM
quote:
Lechium still thinks SARS jokes are topical, as evidenced by:
One should not argue against the largest dogma in church history.

I looked outside, because I all of sudden it got really really dark, and I thought there was an eclipse or a power outage...

...but it was just the shadow of the gigantic appeal to belief fallacy you just perpetrated. Just because a dogma is widely held as true does not make it immune to criticism, but more than that, it does not automatically make it true. Now, don't get me wrong: ol' Kirane here's probably just ragin' against the machine because he had to go watch a movie he didn't want to see in the first place and thus is not qualified to make an intelligent criticism. To say, however, that one should accept the dogma of others simply because it's popular is bullshit, plain and simple.

That's the American Dream: to make your life into something you can sell. - Chuck Palahniuk, Haunted

Under capitalism, man exploits man. Under communism, it's just the opposite. - John Kenneth Galbraith

Beer.

Darius!
Pancake
posted 03-10-2004 12:21:47 AM
quote:
Kegwen got all f'ed up on Angel Dust and wrote:
uh... yeah. I'm not a Christian, but I can sympathize with people being moved by it.

Instead of attempting to flame ECP for this, I'll write this instead:

ECP didn't post in this thread. Why do you hate ECP, Kegwen, why?

OtakuPenguin
posted 03-10-2004 12:23:05 AM
I really don't give a shit about religious views or whatever the fuck a person believes in, but FUCK.

To ridicule people for being moved by the story of a man's suffering. Not just to say "It's a movie" but to RIDICULE and make fun of people for crying or being moved? That's a fucking DISGRACE.

God damnit. You're pathetic.

Cherveny
Papaya
posted 03-10-2004 12:29:53 AM
quote:
OtakuPenguin said this about your mom:
I really don't give a shit about religious views or whatever the fuck a person believes in, but FUCK.

To ridicule people for being moved by the story of a man's suffering. Not just to say "It's a movie" but to RIDICULE and make fun of people for crying or being moved? That's a fucking DISGRACE.

God damnit. You're pathetic.

What he said.

As for the movie itself, not Christian, so no real desire to see the movie.

Also, from what I've heard, it sounds like the whole anti-semitic angle is being blown out of proportion.

Yes, the Jewish authorities of the day wished to get rid of Christ, but it was because he was becoming a political thorn to their power base. It just happened that the person they had a problem with became deified by a large group of worshipers (or, if you are a christian, deified by god).

Snoota
Now I am become Death, shatterer of worlds
posted 03-10-2004 12:34:15 AM
If learning about the Jews killing Christ is unfair to the Jews, we should no longer learn about Hitler killing the Jews because it is unfair to the Germans.
Mr. Parcelan
posted 03-10-2004 12:39:20 AM
quote:
We were all impressed when Snoota wrote:
If learning about the Jews killing Christ is unfair to the Jews, we should no longer learn about Hitler killing the Jews because it is unfair to the Germans.

And no more talking about Americans killing Germans in WWII, because it's unfair to Americans.

And no more talking about King Kong attacking Americans, because it's unfair to all giant apes.

Snoota
Now I am become Death, shatterer of worlds
posted 03-10-2004 12:51:07 AM
We can, however, learn about the Germans killing the French. Because hey, who cares about the French?
Mr. Parcelan
posted 03-10-2004 12:51:48 AM
quote:
This one time, at Snoota camp:
We can, however, learn about the Germans killing the French. Because hey, who cares about the French?

The French have no PASSION!

Kegwen
Sonyfag
posted 03-10-2004 12:54:37 AM
quote:
Nobody really understood why Darius! wrote:
ECP didn't post in this thread. Why do you hate ECP, Kegwen, why?

For some reason I've always blended him together with Kirane personality wise. There's no real reason for it. Either way, Kirane earned the hate here. So, I must apologize for my... inexplicable slip up.

OtakuPenguin
posted 03-10-2004 12:57:18 AM
Hey, he may not have any human emotions, but he does have his precious car!!
Mr. Parcelan
posted 03-10-2004 12:58:19 AM
quote:
The logic train ran off the tracks when OtakuPenguin said:

I shouldn't have to read my car!

Pvednes
Lynched
posted 03-10-2004 12:58:29 AM
I have two opinions for you.

1. One of the very few movies around that are better than the book.

2. Anyone bitching about having to read subtitles is an idiot.

Kiranê
Total Crap
posted 03-10-2004 12:59:04 AM
quote:
OtakuPenguin was listening to Cher while typing:

Meh sold the firebird awile back. Tranny wasn't acting exactly right. Bought a 02 Merecdes ML430 at an auto auction for pretty cheap, reselling it now.

All times are US/Eastern
Hop To: