EverCrest Message Forums
You are not logged in. Login or Register.
Author
Topic: Did you know?...
Chugga
Pancake
posted 12-15-2003 09:12:43 PM
That the guy who did Cornfed Pig's voice on Duckman,Gregg Berger, was the one who did Jecht's voice from FFX, and also Seargant Moody from Call of Duty? Yes that's my useless fact of the day.
Callalron
Hires people with hooks
posted 12-15-2003 09:44:46 PM
There needs to be more Duckman. Alternatively, someone needs to put the whole series on DVD and I'd be happy with that.
Callalron
"When mankind finally discovers the center of the universe, a lot of people are going to be upset that it isn't them."
"If you give a man a fish he'll eat for a day. If you teach a man to fish he'll just go out and buy an ugly hat. But if you talk to a starving man about fish, then you've become a consultant."--Dogbert
Arvek, 41 Bounty Hunter
Vrook Lamar server
JooJooFlop
Hungry Hungry Hippo
posted 12-15-2003 09:46:55 PM
quote:
We were all impressed when Callalron wrote:
There needs to be more Duckman. Alternatively, someone needs to put the whole series on DVD and I'd be happy with that.

They're putting the whole series of The Critic on DVD. That's like Duckman in the sense that both are shown really, really late on Sundays on Comedy Central.

I don't know how to be sexy. If I catch a girl looking at me and our eyes lock, I panic and open mine wider. Then I lick my lips and rub my genitals. And mouth the words "You're dead."
Tarquinn
Personally responsible for the decline of the American Dollar
posted 12-16-2003 01:21:57 PM
quote:
Callalron had this to say about Optimus Prime:
There needs to be more Duckman.
Yes.
~Never underestimate the power of a Dark Clown.
Random Insanity Generator
Condom Ninja El Supremo
posted 12-16-2003 01:51:40 PM
Yes there needs to be more Duckman.

And holy shit this guy as a long list of things....

Grimlock - Transformers The Movie
Orson the Pig - Garfield and Friends
Kay #2 - Men in Black the series
A fuckton from the Transformers TV series as well as GI Joe

This guy's been all over the place.

* NullDevice kicks the server. "Floggings will continue until processing power improves!"
-----------------------------------
"That was black magic, and it was easy to use. Easy and fun. Like Legos." -- Harry Dresden
-----------------------------------
That's what playing Ragnarok Online taught me: There's no problem in the universe that can't be resolved by the proper application of daggers to faces.
Lyinar Ka`Bael
Are you looking at my pine tree again?
posted 12-17-2003 06:04:16 AM
Rikku is Bubbles!

Her American voice, at least.

Oh, and Raven from Teen Titans, too.

[ 12-17-2003: Message edited by: Lyinar Ka`Bael ]

Lyinar Ka`Bael, Piney Fresh Druidess - Luclin

Ja'Deth Issar Ka'bael
I posted in a title changing thread.
posted 12-17-2003 08:29:06 AM
quote:
When the babel fish was in place, it was apparent Lyinar Ka`Bael said:
Rikku is Bubbles!

Oh, and Raven from Teen Titans, too.

Bubbles I can see...but her being Raven is just creepy. She should be Starfire or something.

Lyinar's sweetie and don't you forget it!*
"All those moments will be lost in time, like tears in rain. Time to die. -Roy Batty
*Also Lyinar's attack panda

sigpic courtesy of This Guy, original modified by me

Drakkenmaw
Crunchy, tastes good with ketchup
posted 12-17-2003 08:55:35 AM
quote:
Ja'Deth Issar Ka'bael probably says this to all the girls:
Bubbles I can see...but her being Raven is just creepy. She should be Starfire or something.

Teen Titans in itself is just creepy. It tries WAY too hard to be anime. Even has the sweatdrop thing.

America has a long, glorious history of animation. No sense in trying to imitate Japan.

Sean
posted 12-17-2003 10:07:43 AM
quote:
Drakkenmaw wrote this stupid crap:
Teen Titans in itself is just creepy. It tries WAY too hard to be anime. Even has the sweatdrop thing.

America has a long, glorious history of animation. No sense in trying to imitate Japan.

I think it's the best DC show since the original Batman series.

Yes, the Adam West Batman series.

A Kansas City Shuffle is when everybody looks right, you go left.

It's not something people hear about.

Dave
)_(
posted 12-17-2003 02:53:52 PM
wow... very cool site

Voice for US cowboy bebop spike

Nwist, Who?
Nwist
posted 12-17-2003 02:57:07 PM
quote:
Drakkenmaw's fortune cookie read:

I don't think it's trying to be anime. I think it's trying to mesh anime in. IMO it works beautifully.

Lyinar Ka`Bael
Are you looking at my pine tree again?
posted 12-17-2003 04:11:29 PM
quote:
This insanity brought to you by Cowboy Darius:
I don't think it's trying to be anime. I think it's trying to mesh anime in. IMO it works beautifully.

I agree. I love the show. Just keep forgetting to watch it.

I don't watch much TV.

Lyinar Ka`Bael, Piney Fresh Druidess - Luclin

Kennatsu
hu�mor 1. That which is intended to induce laughter or amusement: a writer skilled at crafting humor.
posted 12-17-2003 04:21:28 PM
quote:
Sean was listening to Cher while typing:
I think it's the best DC show since the original Batman series.

Yes, the Adam West Batman series.

Um... doesn't Adam West play the General character in XIII?

Bummey the Fool
Prefers to play with men
posted 12-17-2003 04:51:52 PM
quote:
Kennatsu had this to say about Cuba:
Um... doesn't Adam West play the General character in XIII?

Yesh.

Ja'Deth Issar Ka'bael
I posted in a title changing thread.
posted 12-17-2003 05:15:10 PM
And David Duchovny does the voice of the main character. I realized that the other night then hit IMDB.com to confirm it.

And Mitch Pileggi (A.D. Skinner from X-Files) did Dak'kon from Planescape: Torment, which is one of my favorite voice acting stories. It's cool to think of the githzerai as being played by Skinner.

Lyinar's sweetie and don't you forget it!*
"All those moments will be lost in time, like tears in rain. Time to die. -Roy Batty
*Also Lyinar's attack panda

sigpic courtesy of This Guy, original modified by me

Faelynn LeAndris
Lusty busty redheaded wood elf with sharp claws
posted 12-17-2003 06:00:52 PM
quote:
Drakkenmaw's unholy Backstreet Boys obsession manifested in:

I like Teen Titans, but I agree with this...

Another good example is that show Totaly Spies thats on Cartoon Network now.

At least it's anime that syncs the fucking voices to the damn faces! ARGASHASKJR@^#!@*%#&^!

Artistically speaking that REALLY annoys the shit out of me, and is the main detraction from anime for me. It's just annoyingly distracting. That and the uberfast speaking wherealllinesruntogetherwhentheyarespeakingbecause the facesandsucharejustanimatedsofastthatitlookshorriblylame. And again, artistically speaking the fact that no matter what, anime is such a basic line style that the only cool artistic part of it is the CGI thats done. Other than that, all imagery is the same. Mostly. Very few differences, and anime artists are a dime a dozen because of it, since its easy enough so many people can do it.

My LAUNCHCast Station
"Respect the Forest, Fear the Ranger"
I got lost for an hour and became god.
All times are US/Eastern
Hop To: