EverCrest Message Forums
You are not logged in. Login or Register.
Author
Topic: Hehehe... just a sig pic test...
Kennatsu
hu�mor 1. That which is intended to induce laughter or amusement: a writer skilled at crafting humor.
posted 06-20-2003 09:03:29 PM
Mortious
Gluttonous Overlard
posted 06-20-2003 09:04:20 PM
Dare I ask?
MorbId
Pancake
posted 06-20-2003 09:08:58 PM
It reminds me of Eva.
Led
*kaboom*
posted 06-20-2003 09:21:07 PM
That is freaking me out, bigime.
Gains
Pancake
posted 06-20-2003 09:28:10 PM
quote:
MorbId had this to say about Pirotess:
It reminds me of Eva.

Agreed.

OUEN! DAI - SEI - KOU!
Kegwen
Sonyfag
posted 06-20-2003 09:29:14 PM
quote:
MorbId stumbled drunkenly to the keyboard and typed:
It reminds me of Eva.

Yes.

Sean
posted 06-21-2003 12:07:25 AM
Looks like a cross between Eva and Hellsing.
A Kansas City Shuffle is when everybody looks right, you go left.

It's not something people hear about.

Mog
not really a mmembe rof tis boered
posted 06-21-2003 12:39:24 AM
quote:
Mr Gainsborough was naked while typing this:
Agreed.

Regret calamities if you can thereby help the sufferer; if not, attend to your own work and allready the evil begins to be repaired
- Self Rreliance
Ezra Thalbor
Pancake
posted 06-21-2003 12:55:46 AM
quote:
Roll the dice to see if Led is getting drunk!
That is freaking me out, bigime.
You look familiar.
RP CHARACTER
There are people in this world who do not love their fellow human beings, and I hate people like that!
Azymyth
Not gay; just weird
posted 06-21-2003 03:41:23 AM
Eva?
I suffer from CRS: Can't Remember Shit.

Sig pic done by the very talented SJen!

Steven Steve
posted 06-21-2003 03:42:23 AM
A commonly accepted abbreviation for "Neon Genesis Evangelion"
"Absolutely NOTHING [will stop me from buying Diablo III]. I will buy it regardless of what they do."
- Grawbad, Battle.net forums

"Don't want to sound like a fanboy, but I am with you. I'll buy it for sure, it's just a matter of for how long I will be playing it..."
- Silvast, Battle.net forums

Kennatsu
hu�mor 1. That which is intended to induce laughter or amusement: a writer skilled at crafting humor.
posted 06-21-2003 06:47:47 AM
I didn't think this villain was so forgotten.

His name is Umbra, and he is the major villain in the show The Mighty Orbots. He's basically like an EVA unit. He's part biological, part mechanical; but he's all computer, obsessed with bringing the entire galaxy (and perhaps the universe) under his control. He always appears as some giant 5 eyed ball-like creature inside a liquid chamber.

He controls a rather large Dyson Sphere called the Shadow Star (it is essentially his "body", and he has miles upon miles of memory banks inside as well as a lot of defensive systems to protect himself) and runs The Shadow, an evil terrorist organization that seeks to rule the galaxy. In Mighty Orbots, his main goal is the destruction of the giant robot. However, every one of his schemes has been thwarted by Mighty Orbots or the Galactic Patrol.

[ 06-21-2003: Message edited by: Kennatsu ]

Aury
My hair is a deadly weapon
posted 06-21-2003 08:41:32 AM
The eyes have it
`Doc
Cold in an Alley
posted 06-21-2003 09:05:43 AM
Mighty Orbots? I've never heard of it before now. Looks a lot like a Transformers clone show. Apparently it never caught on, at least not in the U.S.
Base eight is just like base ten, really... if you're missing two fingers. - Tom Lehrer
There are people in this world who do not love their fellow human beings, and I hate people like that! - Tom Lehrer
I want to be a race car passenger; just a guy who bugs the driver. "Say man, can I turn on the radio? You should slow down. Why do we gotta keep going in circles? Can I put my feet out the window? Man, you really like Tide..." - Mitch Hedberg
Please keep your arms, legs, heads, tails, tentacles, pseudopods, wings, and/or other limb-like structures inside the ride at all times.
Please submit all questions, inquests, and/or inquiries, in triplicate, to the Department of Redundancy Department, Division for the Management of Division Management Divisions.

KaLourin
Illanae's Stooge!
posted 06-21-2003 09:38:03 AM
*drills a large hole in Kennatsu's head and fills it with gunpowder and a fuse. He lights it and walks away*
Dont make me slap you so hard your bucket spins around, and around,and stops sideways,thus confusing you, and making you run about London wearing your bucket, a g-string, and carrying a stick,smacking the ground while yelling "MAGICALLY DELICIOUS! MAGICALLY FUCKING DELICIOUS!"- {Tal} to Mortious
Hebrew 9:3- 'And the Lord said unto me, "Dude, there isn't a K in covenant."' - Snoota

This beer drops trou and fucks your mouth with pure hoppy goodness. - Karnaj
Kennatsu
posted 06-21-2003 12:02:27 PM
quote:
Ford Prefect had this to say about pies:
Mighty Orbots? I've never heard of it before now. Looks a lot like a Transformers clone show. Apparently it never caught on, at least not in the U.S.

It couldn't stay on long. They only had one season. Tonka Toys sued the company producing Mighty Orbots because they believed the robot show was threatening their Mighty Gobots toy line (even tho there were no toy line for Mighty Orbots and the theme was different; Mighty Gobots had robots turning into vehicles ALA Transformers, whereas Mighty Orbots was an animated Sentai show using robots instead of spandex)

Ja'Deth Issar Ka'bael
I posted in a title changing thread.
posted 06-21-2003 04:03:13 PM
quote:
Kennatsu had this to say about (_|_):
It couldn't stay on long. They only had one season. Tonka Toys sued the company producing Mighty Orbots because they believed the robot show was threatening their Mighty Gobots toy line (even tho there were no toy line for Mighty Orbots and the theme was different; Mighty Gobots had robots turning into vehicles ALA Transformers, whereas Mighty Orbots was an animated Sentai show using robots instead of spandex)

Orbots! Dude I still have episodes of that on videotape somewhere and I hoard them away, watching them only once per year. The animation on the series, for the era (keep in mind this was like early to mid-80's), was mind blowingly good (like... "Better than Robotech/Macross" good), the characters were great (I had a crush on Boo and Bo, and Crunch always cracked me up...Oh-No was the only one that annoyed me), and most importantly in a GOOD sentai series was the fact that they didn't immediately go to the big "Mighty Orbots" mode, and frequently even after they did go into the big guy mode, they'd disassemble to play on the individual strengths.

The world would have been a much cooler place (not likely to have had Power Rangers, for one thing) if Orbots had gotten a foothold. But I think they only made like 8 episodes (not even a full season) before getting canned for the reasons Kenn mentioned.

Bravo, Kenn. Thanks for reminding me of one of those lost, great moments of my childhood.

Lyinar's sweetie and don't you forget it!*
"All those moments will be lost in time, like tears in rain. Time to die. -Roy Batty
*Also Lyinar's attack panda

sigpic courtesy of This Guy, original modified by me

Kennatsu
posted 06-21-2003 09:15:36 PM
You wouldn't know where I can get a copy, do you? The only video I have is a Quicktime video of the intro sequence.
Ja'Deth Issar Ka'bael
I posted in a title changing thread.
posted 06-21-2003 09:18:21 PM
Not a clue, unfortunately. I've been keeping an eye out for copies myself (only so long even a well-cared-for videotape of something can be watched, after all), but it's been a losing battle.
Lyinar's sweetie and don't you forget it!*
"All those moments will be lost in time, like tears in rain. Time to die. -Roy Batty
*Also Lyinar's attack panda

sigpic courtesy of This Guy, original modified by me

Kennatsu
posted 06-21-2003 10:02:55 PM
hehe... found some tapes on Amazon
All times are US/Eastern
Hop To: