EverCrest Message Forums
You are not logged in. Login or Register.
Author
Topic: D&D Dorkage
Ferret
Poing! Poing!
posted 02-01-2005 01:10:22 AM
I'm bored, so I'm writing out the history of my world. I just thought some of you guys that have played in my world or jut like reading this stuff might be interested.

Several topics are in bold so if you want to know more include the topic you'd like to see in the reply and I'll go into those next.

Quiet Alek, I know.

The Beginning
The world was created with the entrance of The Creator into this multiverse. Almost nothing is truly known about him except that he created the known world as well as placing the Pashas and the Time Lords into the world then leaving.

The Pashas were the beginning 'gods' in the world, wielding magic power that was near unmatched, and nearly is to this day. They created the multitude of other races in the world through various means, mostly as slaves to physically do what their magic could not. They also taught the races a lesser form of magic, occluding the divine link they had with ritual and practices that they claimed were necessary for the 'lesser' races to comprehend magic.

Eventually the lesser races banded together and exiled all but one of the pashas from existance. The Final Pasha, Nimrod, seized control of the various elemental and alignment planes until they all banded together to exile him into the prime material plane several thousand years later.

Fast Forward to 100 years ago (about).
A boy named Felix Phaltran was born to parents high in the Stromlairn mountains. He quickly showed a great potential for magic, as well as being extremely interested in Thaumaturgy (The magical science of affecting an object by having a smaller portion of that object)

20 years Later
Felix has finally put the final perfections into his Thaumaturgy masterpiece, The Ring of the Elements. Within this ring is a piece of everything else in all of creation and allows Felix to wield almost complete control over creation. The various other races find about this rather quickly and all band together to dethrone him, starting the War of the Ring.

5 minutes later
The War of the Ring is over, with Felix nearly insane from power intoxication, he makes a last desperate act and tosses the ring into Non-existance. This act creates The Paradox, because if a piece of every piece of existance that controls every other similar piece is cast into non-existance, things go ka-flooey.

So with this act creation is removed from the time stream. The various heros that had banded together to fight Felix now band together with him to bring the ring back into existance and destroy it. They ultimatly succeed, and the ring is destroyed, reverting existance to its rightful place.

Present Day
Years have passed since The Paradox, and the various races have once again begun to resume their racial discourses. New research into magic has brought untold learning into the world, and the current age has been dubbed The Age of Heroes. Note: All adventures anyone has run in my campaign has been in this era.

Any comments are welcome, and as you can see this is extremly barebones right now. I'm not even sure there is a single rib here.

Ferret fucked around with this message on 02-01-2005 at 01:11 AM.

Sakkra
Office Linebacker
posted 02-01-2005 01:17:58 AM
Wait, what?
Ferret
Poing! Poing!
posted 02-01-2005 01:19:15 AM
quote:
Sakkra's account was hax0red to write:
Wait, what?

I run D&D games in my own world. This is the history of the world barebones. I posted it because people I've played with are on this board and it's easier to do this than PMing each a .txt

Y.O.T.C
No longer a Towel Girl
posted 02-01-2005 02:41:46 AM
I mildly chuckled at it
Addy
posted 02-01-2005 02:46:35 AM
what the paradox
where the paradox
why the paradox
hail the paradox

(Like it, Ferret!!)

Sakkra
Office Linebacker
posted 02-01-2005 02:54:21 AM
quote:
Ferret wrote this stupid crap:
I run D&D games in my own world. This is the history of the world barebones. I posted it because people I've played with are on this board and it's easier to do this than PMing each a .txt

Ahhh, groovy.

Ferret
Poing! Poing!
posted 02-01-2005 03:22:23 AM
quote:
Addy probably says this to all the girls:
what the paradox
where the paradox
why the paradox
hail the paradox

(Like it, Ferret!!)

While the Paradox took no time at all in the actual multiverse, it took Felix and his companions 12 years to return the world to the normal time stream. His companions included the twin human sisters Shanga, a fighter who specialized in subdual combat, and Rachel, a cleric, the archer Orithos Ferdul, and the Paladin Sparklet.

After Felix's creation of the ring, he first turned on his companions, meaning to disable them but in the process accidently killed Rachel. The guilt of this act made his mind rebel at his new found power. He then revived Rachel and freed his companions, then cast the ring away starting the paradox.

As the world reformed itself his companions all fled from Felix despite his pleadings. Shanga and Rachel went off to Pernese to work as bounty hunters, Orithos went off to hunt dragons and to perfect his bow, while Sparklet built a camp at the base of Felix's tower to guard the world against what he may become.

Felix poured himself into research in order to find a way to undo his mistakes. After three painstaking years of research he finally found a way to do so, but it was frought with peril. To bring back the ring he theorized that he would need to bring three swords together: The Shadow Blade, the Light Blade, and the Sword of Kings. The Shadow Blade and the Light Blade he had to create himself, while the Sword of Kings' whereabouts were unknown.

Felix implored his old companions to return to help him at this task, but his inital pleas fell on deaf ears. He finally managed to convince Sparklet to help him, but in order to secure the other members' help he vowed to never touch the ring or indulge in Thaumaturgy again.

It took 4 years to create the Shadow Blade and the Light Blade, and another year to locate the Sword of Kings, but knowing did not help, because it was held by The Dragon Lord. It took 5 years to battle their way to the Dragon Lord's Mountain, and then they were able to steal the sword just barely. They Teleported back to Felix's tower and thrust the three swords into the rift where the ring had been cast. The Blade of Light and the blade of Shadow fused together, forming Nulimus and the it and the Sword of Kings vanished, while the ring was ejected from non existance.

With the ring back in reality, Time began to flow correcty once more, but with it came a great evil host that wanted the ring for itself. Sparklet, Shanga, Felix, and Rachel all held off the host while Orithus fled with the ring. As the host realized they had been tricked they lashed out in fury, nearly killing Shanga, Rachel, and Sparklet while Felix drove away those too stupid to flee. Seeing their wounded condition, Sparklet channeled the last vestiges of his life force into healing Shanga and Rachel. The effort killed him irrevocably while the incomplete magic fused Shanga and Rachel into one complete body.

As the host bore down on him, Orithus hastily created the first Arrow of Acceleration, which he affixed the ring to before firing it into the sun, destroying it. He then fled and hid beneath the earth to avoid the demons, while hunting them and any dragon he chanced upon.

Katrinity
Cookie Goddess!
posted 02-01-2005 09:42:14 AM
Hehe...the god Nimrod..
Cookie Goddess Supreme
Furry Kitsune of Power!
Pouncer of the 12th degree!
"Cxularath ftombn gonoragh pv'iornw hqxoxon targh!"
Translated: "Sell your soul for a cookie?"
Ferret
Poing! Poing!
posted 02-01-2005 05:39:20 PM
quote:
Katrinity had this to say about dark elf butts:
Hehe...the god Nimrod..

Nimrod was one of the original Pashas at the beginning of the world. While at first all of their personalities were almost unidentifiable form one another, once the lesser races were formed the Pashas began to go at radically different tangents to one another.

Nimrod began to settle into the 'trickster god' form. He took great delight in playing tricks on the other races of the world, while the other pashas shunned him for his connection with the 'lesser ones'.

Ironically, it was this connection that alerted Nimrod to the rebellion that the lesser races were planning. Knowing the eventual result of basically the planet versus the pashas, Nimrod fled the Prime material plane and claimed dominion over all other planes of existance.

Nimrod ruled as supreme overlord of heaven, hell, the elemental, and almost all other planes for almost nine thousand years. Eventually, the denizens of these planes grew infuriated at his utter dominion of them and in an unthinkable alliance all banned together and banished him into the prime material plane. Due to the strength of this banishment all planar travel has been barred for him, giving him a great rage to all planar creatures.

He is once again assuming his trickster role, although he does not actively pursue targets, instead he is summoned to any person who says his name, normally for dire consequences for the person. The only known mortal who can say his name without worry is David Reese the Bard.

Ferret fucked around with this message on 02-01-2005 at 05:39 PM.

All times are US/Eastern
Hop To: