EverCrest Message Forums
You are not logged in. Login or Register.
Author
Topic: Aleria: Beastiary
Faelynn LeAndris
Lusty busty redheaded wood elf with sharp claws
posted 04-13-2003 08:05:15 PM
Is in the works. Mainly since my players needed visual representation to help give them an idea, or anyone else who wants to take my creatures into account. So people know what they look like.

Entry 1: Is an Evil version of the Dryad. Basically the same thing, just completely nuts and blood thirsty. They kill and feed by taking thier victims back to thier 'tree' and letting the plant bleed them dry. Instead of the tree walking powers, they get a tree illusion/shape type effect. Where they appear and function as a tree, perfect for hiding in forests and striking unawares. Lot more to em, but not gonna put it here. The group will be meeting these lovely ladies soon.

My LAUNCHCast Station
"Respect the Forest, Fear the Ranger"
I got lost for an hour and became god.
Lashanna
noob
posted 04-13-2003 08:09:21 PM
Tess is frightened for her health...
And well... Her curiousity probably will kill this cat.
Dad's going to kill you. Really. He is.
Sean
posted 04-13-2003 08:09:33 PM
A Kansas City Shuffle is when everybody looks right, you go left.

It's not something people hear about.

Azymyth
Not gay; just weird
posted 04-13-2003 08:19:04 PM
Nice!
I suffer from CRS: Can't Remember Shit.

Sig pic done by the very talented SJen!

Drysart
Pancake
posted 04-13-2003 08:40:39 PM
I approve.
Faelynn LeAndris
posted 04-13-2003 09:48:53 PM
quote:
Drysart painfully thought these words up:
I approve.

Weak willed individuals are a fun past time sport.. We shall reserve you a vaction spot in one of thier lovely forested cabin abodes. You will like it there.

My LAUNCHCast Station
Pvednes
Lynched
posted 04-14-2003 12:25:17 AM
Ooooo rawkin.
Drysart
Pancake
posted 04-14-2003 12:27:50 AM
quote:
Faelynn LeAndris had this to say about Reading Rainbow:
Weak willed individuals are a fun past time sport.. We shall reserve you a vaction spot in one of thier lovely forested cabin abodes. You will like it there.

Sweet.

Random Insanity Generator
Condom Ninja El Supremo
posted 04-14-2003 01:11:35 AM
Hrm... tis a bit nipply I see...

You've still got the touch Fae.

* NullDevice kicks the server. "Floggings will continue until processing power improves!"
-----------------------------------
"That was black magic, and it was easy to use. Easy and fun. Like Legos." -- Harry Dresden
-----------------------------------
That's what playing Ragnarok Online taught me: There's no problem in the universe that can't be resolved by the proper application of daggers to faces.
Faelynn LeAndris
posted 04-14-2003 02:50:48 AM
Entry 2: Are basically my addendum to goblins and undead wusses for newbie fodder. Since level ones need something to fight, and I got tired of it always being the same thing. So these are Setalena's children, the darklings. Creepers and soldiers. Basically stupid hungry spider things. Since Setalena is a pretty prime legend character, these aren't her complete list of children, there are much nastier more evolved versions, but not gonna get into those yet. These are just the panzies, and every group that has played with me has encountered them. Although they may be the puny versions, the could tell ya they aint no pushovers, and have usually provided a decent challenge in game. Specially when teamed up with something bigger. Hey, easy dinner.

My LAUNCHCast Station
Densetsu
NOT DRYSART
posted 04-14-2003 02:57:54 AM
quote:
Faelynn LeAndris impressed everyone with:

Now I see how what you said makes sense.

I was in the Virgin Islands once. I met a girl, we ate lobster, drank piña coladas. At sunset, we made love like sea otters. That was a pretty good day. Why couldn't I get that day over, and over?
Faelynn LeAndris
posted 04-14-2003 03:08:07 AM
Entry 3: Been posted before, but put it up again since it follows the trend. This is actually a new creature for Aleria, as well as a playable PC Race. Kat played one of these in the BS game, and it was actually kinda fun. I am, and always have been obsessed with Unicorns, so I made an elf/unicorn hybrid for Aleria. Long standing history, mostly primative, but by choice, like elves, and not out of ignorance. Very strong, noble, and hard working. Very good balanced race for something a bit different. More middle of the road than the Slae'Tin and Syrian that were also created, since they both fall mostly in one direction. Unitaur was more versitle, if not as overboard as the other two. And to keep the boys happy, Unitaurs, like Centaurs, lack modesty. Almost the exact opposites of my other race Syrian, of which one is currently in play. This was a picture of Kat's char from the game.

My LAUNCHCast Station
Pvednes
Lynched
posted 04-14-2003 03:14:42 AM
WotC should pay Fae a lot of money for this sort of thing.
Faelynn LeAndris
posted 04-14-2003 03:20:10 AM
quote:
This one time, at Dr. Pvednes, PhD camp:
WotC should pay Fae a lot of money for this sort of thing.

No, these are crap by comparison.

Toons cannot compete with fully painted detailed pictures.

My LAUNCHCast Station
Pvednes
Lynched
posted 04-14-2003 03:27:42 AM
True, but your fully detailed pictures be nigh-impossible to compete with.
Faelynn LeAndris
posted 04-14-2003 03:38:13 AM

My LAUNCHCast Station
King Parcelan
Chicken of the Sea
posted 04-14-2003 03:45:38 AM
Damn, who's that portly little sexy treacherous guy with the kickass shadow?
Faelynn LeAndris
posted 04-14-2003 01:23:39 PM
quote:
Iron Parcelan was naked while typing this:
Damn, who's that portly little sexy treacherous guy with the kickass shadow?

The guy who will eventually be getting his ass kicked by the little girl with the other cool shadow right above him.

Actually I dunno that yet, but in the main story line, not the current one, they are mortal enemies, and Aimee is just down right hell on earth.

My LAUNCHCast Station
Burger
BANNED!
posted 04-14-2003 01:27:33 PM
am I the only one that read the title as "Aleria: Beastiality"

But those are very good drawings, much better than I could ever think up, let alone create.

Bite me.

No, Really. Bite me.

Trillee
I <3 My Deviant
posted 04-14-2003 02:27:11 PM
!! more Feath art!!!

Damn hun, you're to sweet!

=D

Hostile Makeover
Evil as chocolate covered thistles
posted 04-14-2003 04:20:45 PM
*checks the commission by Faeth fund!*

Still too broke!

Fantastic work, as always Fae. *mwah!!*

BeauChan
Objects in sigpic may be hammier than they appear
posted 04-14-2003 04:43:58 PM
Amazeing! ^_^
Endured by EC for over 7 years and counting...
Y.O.T.C
No longer a Towel Girl
posted 04-14-2003 05:32:56 PM
WOWage.
Faelynn LeAndris
posted 04-16-2003 01:54:16 PM
Refined and Updated, credits to Parce for helping me flesh this one out a while back. Had the creature, background, info and such, but no stats, abilities etc. So he helped build it and made a basic version for its weaker incarnation. It's a creature with three stages, so I went back in and beefed up the creature for the third and final incarnation (It should never be able to regain its former glory after this third stage. End of the world catastrophe there if it ever does. After the third evolution it could, and would kill all the gods and take Aleria back.)after it gets it's power back from being imprisoned for so long.

quote:
Heraphim
Large-Size Outsider

Hit Dice: 16d12+42 (198 Hp)
Initiative: +4 (dex)
Speed: 30 ft., fly 40 ft. (poor)
AC: 21 (+4 dex, +8 natural –1 Size)
Attacks: Blade of the Sycophant +25/ +20/ +15/ +10 melee
Damage: Blade of the Sycophant +2 1d10+9, Demoralize DC 18, Cursed to Wielders other than the Heraphim
Face/Reach: 5 ft. by 5 ft./10 ft.
Special Attacks:Spell Like Abilities, Smite Good, Drain Good, Dread Aura, Dread Gaze
Special Qualities: Immunities, Ruby vulnerability
Saves: Fort +13, Ref +9, Will +5
Abilities: Str 20, Dex 19, Con 16, Int 13, Wis 10, Cha 25
Skills: Balance +10, Bluff +13, Climb +19, Craft +16, Diplomacy +7, Gather information +9, Handle animal +12, Hide +2, Intimidate +16, Listen +5, Move silently +8, Spot +14, Swim +17, Wilderness lore +4
Feats: Expertise, Dodge, Mobility, Spring Attack, Whirlwind Attack, Weapon Focus (Bastard Sword), Blind-Fighting, Power Attack, Cleave, Great Cleave, Exotic Weapon: Bastard Sword, Weapon Specialization: Bastard Sword, Weapon Focus: Unarmed, Weapon Specialization: Unarmed, Toughness

Climate/Terrain: Desert, Arid Plains, Lower-Planar
Organization: Unique, Singular
Challenge Rating: 19
Treasure: 77,000 Gp in Gear
Alignment: Chaotic Evil

Appearance: The Heraphim resembles a tall, powerful human male with flawless features and a ruthlessly stern, unmoving face. His hair is a golden blonde and two backward-curving horns sprout from the shiny locks. Clothing is minimal, usually a loincloth or kilt, but very elaborately done and laden with gold and jewelry. From his bare back sprout two golden feathery wings. The creature’s most striking feature is his eyes: two orbs of gleaming obsidian.

His angelic appearance belies his evil nature.

Spell Like Abilities: At will – Charm Monster, Darkness, Desecrate, Doom, Suggestion, Teleport Without Error.

Smite Good (Su): Once per day, the Heraphim can make a powerful attack against a Good character. He adds his Charisma modifier to his attack and adds one point of damage per HD.

Drain Good (Ex): The Heraphim feeds off the suffering and pain of Good aligned creatures. Whenever the Heraphim deals melee damage to a Good-aligned creature, he receives one-third of that in healed hit points.

Dread Aura (Su): As a standard action, the Heraphim can invoke a terrible aura of fear and dread that affects all his enemies. Any creature caught within 10 feet of this aura must make a Will save against DC 24 or become shaken, suffering a –2 penalty to his attacks, damage and saves.

Dread Gaze (Ex): Woe to those who look into the eyes of the Heraphim. As a standard action, the creature can convey an unearthly feeling of total malevolence and dread upon his target. Said target must make a Will save against DC 24 or take 1d6 points of damage per HD of the Heraphim. In addition, the victim falls into a deep sensation of dread and fear, during which they cannot take any actions. If the save is successful, the damage is halved and the victim does not fall into fear.

Immunities (Ex): The Heraphim is immune to poison, paralysis, stunning, sleep, and polymorphing. The Heraphim take half-damage from divine spells of clerics of Brom.

Ruby Vulnerability (Ex): Heraphim have an unwelcome affinity for rubies. Any weapon that is studded with or has embedded in it a ruby worth at least 1,000 gold functions as a +1 weapon against the Heraphim. Creatures wearing ruby-studded armor have an effective Damage Resistance 5/- against the Heraphim.
These weapons and armor do nothing against the Heraphims special attacks, however.

When Brom set out to conquer Aleria, and claim it as his own it was already inhabited by those of planar origin, and much older than the young god himself. Brom was always a kind and just soul, and these creatures were an affront too all he stood for and believed in. So he set out to purge this great new place that he would eventually call home. Most such denizens were easily dispatched, and Brom safely locked them away in earthen tombs, for all eternity, never to see the light of his just world again. One however, was not so easily swayed, and fought for total dominion of the new young world. The being even had designs on taking the crystal tides themselves, Brom's ancestral home and the land that would be stronghold of the gods. Brom decided to finally confront the torrent of darkness, on his own, and suffered greatly for his arrogance. The Heraphim fed off the god’s well wishes and kind heart, using his own justice against him, and with its pure control over the negative and death, it struck the young god down with its dominance. Brom was shattered and broken, barely able to continue and was hounded as his worn essence retreated from the fight. The dark monstrosity however, was relentless, and refused to give up pursuit, hardening his efforts and hunting down the just invader.

Unknown to the seething blackness that was the Heraphim, however, another old world denizen was watching from her own crystal plane. Aleria, daughter of the Celest, she watched with heavy heart and tortured soul at Brom’s torment, until she could take it no more. Her world had long since advanced, and many had very little belief in the old ways and religions, which included the belief in her, and she still had her children to keep watch. So she gathered the power of her home world unto herself, and carried with her the might of her home plane, -which to this day remains unnamed in history-, and with this act her world was deprived forever of the mystical heart it had long since forgotten and neglected. Aleria traveled to the new world that would eventually bear her namesake, and took the field against the Heraphim. The ancient evil faced down the ancient good, and the two pillars of sheer force laid waste to the land that would be.

In the end, battered and broken, only Aleria remained standing. She hurriedly attended to the broken young god Brom, and he was thankful for her assistance. He looked upon her with only love in his eyes at that moment, and a tinge of sadness. For on her perfect beauty now laid a marring, a marring she would carry for an eternity. There, in blood, upon her perfect face remained a mark that would never heal, a scar that would burn throughout the eons, the mark of a down-turned sword etched into her flawless skin. With a gentle hand, Brom reached up and removed a single drop of blood from the burning cut, and looked down at the broken, yet still living Heraphim. With the sheer force of will, Brom forced the essence of the hulking darkness into the tiny drop of blood and then wished upon it that it be something of beauty to hide the vileness that it held within. As he looked away, no longer in his hand was the drop of blood, but a perfect gem of unimaginable worth. A ruby of utter perfection and flawless in it’s design.

The sanctity of this brave new world was restored. From it, and this just victory, the first cries of life would be heard, but as all things in Aleria, this was an ending of sorts, as all things must end, but it was only the end… of the beginning…

The Heraphim is a being of total darkness and the personification of dread. His abilities and power were un-gauged in Aleria’s history, as he was sealed away well before any record could be made. However, the Gem was lost in the annals of history, and it’s exact origins and capabilities were unknown. It was said the possessor could garner great wonders, at a heavy cost. So many treasure seekers and power mongers have given lifetimes to find it. There are even rumors of specific rites that can be performed to gain dominion over the harbinger within.

Some reports regale of a Gem of unearthly beauty held by the Nomads surrounding the Palren Desert, and hints of the name “Desert Rose” have been whispered through the ages. What is fact, and what is fiction, however, is truly unknown.

This will probably be the nexy image I work on.

My LAUNCHCast Station
Katrinity
Cookie Goddess!
posted 04-16-2003 02:00:36 PM
Darn! Now that is a good boss creature to fight at the end of a campaign. ^.^

As always, you entertain with your wonderful backstories and art, Fae

Cookie Goddess Supreme
Furry Kitsune of Power!
Pouncer of the 12th degree!
"Cxularath ftombn gonoragh pv'iornw hqxoxon targh!"
Translated: "Sell your soul for a cookie?"
Katrinity
Cookie Goddess!
posted 04-17-2003 11:49:32 AM
Bump for Great Justice! And the Unitaur is the best!
Cookie Goddess Supreme
Furry Kitsune of Power!
JooJooFlop
Hungry Hungry Hippo
posted 04-17-2003 12:28:45 PM
Hooray for nipples!
I don't know how to be sexy. If I catch a girl looking at me and our eyes lock, I panic and open mine wider. Then I lick my lips and rub my genitals. And mouth the words "You're dead."
Alek
Not The Rapist
posted 04-17-2003 01:09:21 PM
quote:
Check out the big brain on JooJooFlop!
Hooray for nipples!
"Love wisdom, and she will make you great. Embrace her, and she will bring you honour. She will be your crowning glory."
-Proverbs 4:8-9
Nevia DuLake
Pancake
posted 04-17-2003 03:56:36 PM
*whistles innocently, and slides away the shards of a shattered ruby with her foot...*

My life is owned and run by Fae.
Katrinity
Cookie Goddess!
posted 04-17-2003 04:01:37 PM
<taps a foot at Nevia>
Cookie Goddess Supreme
Furry Kitsune of Power!
All times are US/Eastern
Hop To: