EverCrest Message Forums
You are not logged in. Login or Register.
Author
Topic: I'm starting a D&D Campaign
Ferret
Poing! Poing!
posted 01-29-2003 12:26:21 AM
I'm looking for players for my campaign. Before you sign up, know that I play an odd form of D&D.

For one, it would be a you be you game, where you transpose most of your own personality into the character.

Second, I use a set of skills called Arcane and Mundane abilities that you roll upon creation of your character. These abilities have the potential to be Extremely powerful. The thing is, monsters also get these abilities, so they would also be powerful. Some of these abilities would alter your character's personality.

Third, besides the list of races in the Player's Guide, I also have a list of 25 additional playable races, although some of them you would have to roll to attempt to be.

Any intersted parties either PM me or catch me in IRC.

[ 01-29-2003: Message edited by: Honegger ]

Suddar
posted 01-29-2003 12:28:43 AM
I might be interested, but I'm not a fan of random skills, especially when they aren't very balanced (you said "some" will be extremely powerful).
Ferret
Poing! Poing!
posted 01-29-2003 12:36:04 AM
Some are very powerful, but those are on the high end of the spectrum most of the time. (90-100% roll normally). Many of them just give extra skills, stats, or weapon abilities.
Lashanna
noob
posted 01-29-2003 12:51:08 AM
...I might be interested, n'stuff, yo.
Dad's going to kill you. Really. He is.
Ferret
Poing! Poing!
posted 01-29-2003 01:10:02 AM
Two alternative races:

Pantarians: Pantarians are a beautiful race of bipedal winged panther-men. They are covered with soft black velvet fur which hides their extremely tough skin. All Pantarians can fly at a speed of 36" with a manuverability class B, and are all telepathic. 10% have a 15% non reducing magic resistance among other abilities.

Zintii: Zintii are a cat-like race of humanoids. The common ones range in color from deep tans to mottled whereas the Noble Zintii can be any color imaginable. They can jump 20ft and fall 30 without damage, have increased bonuses to climb walls, hear noise, and move silently, and gain a natural bonus when attacking with their razor sharp claws.

Falaanla Marr
I AM HOT CHIX
posted 01-29-2003 01:12:23 AM
irc or boards?

Or something else?

Also, get a hold of me sometime, i got a question or two for ya

Mortious
Gluttonous Overlard
posted 01-29-2003 01:13:29 AM

Pantarians?

Ferret
Poing! Poing!
posted 01-29-2003 01:14:45 AM
quote:
Falaanla Marr had this to say about Reading Rainbow:
irc or boards?

Or something else?

Also, get a hold of me sometime, i got a question or two for ya

Most likely IRC, unless I can figure out the Grip program that I've heard about.

Ferret
Poing! Poing!
posted 01-29-2003 01:15:36 AM
quote:
Everyone wondered WTF when Baron Von Mortay wrote:

Pantarians?

Yep, that's the name of them.

Why, does it have a meaning I'm not aware of?

Mortious
Gluttonous Overlard
posted 01-29-2003 01:16:32 AM
Step One: Steal pants.

Step Two: .....

Step Three: Profit.

Suddar
posted 01-29-2003 01:16:49 AM
The pants command me!
Ja'Deth Issar Ka'bael
I posted in a title changing thread.
posted 01-29-2003 01:18:08 AM
"And lo, the Cargo-Pocket tribe of Pantarians did do rightous combat with their former breathren, the Denim and Relaxed Fit tribes..."
Lyinar's sweetie and don't you forget it!*
"All those moments will be lost in time, like tears in rain. Time to die. -Roy Batty
*Also Lyinar's attack panda

sigpic courtesy of This Guy, original modified by me

Ferret
Poing! Poing!
posted 01-29-2003 01:20:00 AM
...I never even noticied that, lol.
Nicole
The hip-hop-happiest bunny in all of marshmallow woods
posted 01-29-2003 01:36:14 AM
We need more random letters in that name! Stat!

And why does that remind me of the Evil Pants from Adventurers?

I just spent
my last cent
purchasing this poverty.

Azymyth
Not gay; just weird
posted 01-29-2003 02:30:02 AM
Sounds interesting... any ideas what day's you'd have it on?
I suffer from CRS: Can't Remember Shit.

Sig pic done by the very talented SJen!

Ferret
Poing! Poing!
posted 01-29-2003 11:45:57 AM
Right Now I'm leaning towards either Sunday night or Friday night, although the time is completly dependent on the players.
`Doc
Cold in an Alley
posted 01-29-2003 04:18:54 PM
Hmm, sounds interesting. Not particularly my style though. I don't think I'd join in, but I would like to discuss it with you some time, for the sake of my own curiosity.
Base eight is just like base ten, really... if you're missing two fingers. - Tom Lehrer
There are people in this world who do not love their fellow human beings, and I hate people like that! - Tom Lehrer
I want to be a race car passenger; just a guy who bugs the driver. "Say man, can I turn on the radio? You should slow down. Why do we gotta keep going in circles? Can I put my feet out the window? Man, you really like Tide..." - Mitch Hedberg
Please keep your arms, legs, heads, tails, tentacles, pseudopods, wings, and/or other limb-like structures inside the ride at all times.
Please submit all questions, inquests, and/or inquiries, in triplicate, to the Department of Redundancy Department, Division for the Management of Division Management Divisions.

Liam
Swims in Erotic Circles
posted 01-29-2003 04:21:11 PM
quote:
Ford Prefect had this to say about pies:
Hmm, sounds interesting. Not particularly my style though. I don't think I'd join in, but I would like to discuss it with you some time, for the sake of my own curiosity.

RUN FERRET

RUN

`Doc
Cold in an Alley
posted 01-29-2003 04:32:22 PM
quote:
Liam³ said this about your mom:
RUN FERRET

RUN

Base eight is just like base ten, really... if you're missing two fingers. - Tom Lehrer
There are people in this world who do not love their fellow human beings, and I hate people like that! - Tom Lehrer
I want to be a race car passenger; just a guy who bugs the driver. "Say man, can I turn on the radio? You should slow down. Why do we gotta keep going in circles? Can I put my feet out the window? Man, you really like Tide..." - Mitch Hedberg
Please keep your arms, legs, heads, tails, tentacles, pseudopods, wings, and/or other limb-like structures inside the ride at all times.
Please submit all questions, inquests, and/or inquiries, in triplicate, to the Department of Redundancy Department, Division for the Management of Division Management Divisions.

Fizodeth
an unflattering title
posted 01-29-2003 07:16:53 PM
I want in.
Lyinar Ka`Bael
Are you looking at my pine tree again?
posted 01-29-2003 07:52:34 PM
Let me know when you start, Ferret. I'd love to sit in as a spectator if that's all right.

It sounds like a unique system and I'd love to learn more about it. I couldn't be in the game myself, though, because Friday is my GURPSs night and Sunday I'd be at work and not too attentive.

But I'd love to sit in while using the CGI IRC here

Lyinar Ka`Bael, Piney Fresh Druidess - Luclin

Ja'Deth Issar Ka'bael
I posted in a title changing thread.
posted 01-29-2003 08:01:34 PM
quote:
Ford Prefect had this to say about the Spice Girls:
[QUOTE]Liam³ said this about your mom:
[qb]RUN FERRET

RUN

[/QB][/QUOTE]

Liam made the funny. You do have a reputation, Ford. Just roll with it

Lyinar's sweetie and don't you forget it!*
"All those moments will be lost in time, like tears in rain. Time to die. -Roy Batty
*Also Lyinar's attack panda

sigpic courtesy of This Guy, original modified by me

Bloodwraith
Pancake
posted 01-29-2003 08:19:05 PM
i want in also
"shh, Can you hear the Raven?"-The Beholder
Vorbis
Vend-A-Goat
posted 01-29-2003 08:27:31 PM
I think it'd be a great way to cut my teeth on D&D, but if you don't want a complete novice or are filled enough - oh well, so maybe next time.
Fizodeth
an unflattering title
posted 01-29-2003 08:38:35 PM
teehee... fire... firefire...
Ferret
Poing! Poing!
posted 01-29-2003 08:56:19 PM
Okay, If you want in, pop into chat so that I can help you get your character started and tell you some of the history.

Also, looks like it will most likely be Fridays, unless too many people have objections.

`Doc
Cold in an Alley
posted 01-29-2003 09:33:03 PM
quote:
Ja'Deth Issar Ka'bael stopped beating up furries long enough to write:
Liam made the funny. You do have a reputation, Ford. Just roll with it
1d20 => 18

Ferret
Poing! Poing!
posted 01-31-2003 08:48:45 PM
The full list of races has been uploaded to Khy's FTP into the Upload folder. The normal races are also allowed.

I currently have created characters with Fizodeth and Azymyth, and need to get a final answer about joining from the following people:

Suddar
Lashanna
Falaanla
Bloodwraith
Vorbo (Your welcome to come if you want to try D&D out)
Lazzay

Either catch me in IRC or send me a PM.

Lyinar Ka`Bael
Are you looking at my pine tree again?
posted 01-31-2003 08:50:04 PM
Hey Azy, did you forget about Tangent on Friday nights?

Lyinar Ka`Bael, Piney Fresh Druidess - Luclin

Ozimander
$$$$$$$$$$$
posted 01-31-2003 09:04:05 PM
Interesting. Might join. Sunday nights are good. I will PM when I am not tired.

Ozius

Demos
Pancake
posted 01-31-2003 10:38:19 PM
Is this 3rd edition? If so, I'd be interested muchly.
"Jesus saves, Buddha enlightens, Cthulhu thinks you'll make a nice sandwich."
Ferret
Poing! Poing!
posted 01-31-2003 11:32:23 PM
Ok, I currently have 4 slots taken and I'm willing to take on 2 more players, possibly 3 max. The first people to catch me in IRC to create characters will get them.

We currently have two magicusers, a bard, and a death machine, so I'll most likely consider someone who wants to be a cleric first.

Edit: Oh, and the time for the games will be from 7pm EST on fridays until people want to quit, or 2am , whichever comes first.

[ 01-31-2003: Message edited by: Honegger ]

Sean
posted 02-01-2003 12:42:39 AM
quote:
Honegger got all f'ed up on Angel Dust and wrote:
a death machine

I veel fuck you up good.

A Kansas City Shuffle is when everybody looks right, you go left.

It's not something people hear about.

Suddar
posted 02-01-2003 12:49:06 AM
I'll give it a shot. Tag me on if you have room, but don't sacrafice a spot for anybody else for me. I'm really just curious, I haven't roleplayed in a loooonnngggg ass time.
OtakuPenguin
Peels like a tangerine, but is juicy like an orange.
posted 02-01-2003 12:51:27 AM
I would like to play, I really really want to get into DnD
..:: This Is The Sound Of Settling ::..
Addy
posted 02-01-2003 01:03:11 PM
I shall blast you all with MAGIC MISSLE.

... Okay, maybe not.

Niklas
hay guys whats going on in this title?
posted 02-01-2003 03:00:53 PM
I might also like to join.. It'd be my first time with D&D mind
Sean
posted 02-01-2003 03:02:14 PM
I think there's, like, one slot left..

So you guys may need to fight to the death.

A Kansas City Shuffle is when everybody looks right, you go left.

It's not something people hear about.

OtakuPenguin
Peels like a tangerine, but is juicy like an orange.
posted 02-01-2003 03:02:34 PM
Glaldy!
..:: This Is The Sound Of Settling ::..
Niklas
hay guys whats going on in this title?
posted 02-01-2003 03:07:44 PM
I'm a ranger and therefore I win *cough*
All times are US/Eastern
Hop To: