EverCrest Message Forums
You are not logged in. Login or Register.
Author
Topic: DnD Game
Faelynn LeAndris
Lusty busty redheaded wood elf with sharp claws
posted 09-16-2001 03:50:00 PM
Well in my opinion it went rather well, and I had an enormous amount of fun doing it.

There were some hampering things that need to be cleared up, but otherwise I think it went rather well. Because of some of the issues however, I won't be able to take on any more players as I had intended. So if you weren't among those there, but have asked me in the past and possibly made a character to join in with. I appologize, as what I have now is a bit more than I can handle. If things go more smoothly in the future, I'll keep all your names and characters in mind.

Everyone who did participate, you guys were a trip!

I even have some of the more humorous instances of Kraknek, the resident neked Dwarb from the log to post here. Everyone made great use of their plot issues and it went rather well. Even down to Jades. "I have a few Useful skills..." comments.

quote:
<Kraknek> Taking a slash at #4, seeing as how he's right there.
<Kraknek> RAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAGH!
<GameServ> Result (Kraknek) (1#1d20+7): 26
<GameServ> Result (Kraknek) (1#1d8+8): 14
<I_OWN_YOU> The Skeleton fell to peices just having glimpsed under Kraknek’s loin cloth, the hit was merely for effect...

* Kraknek brings his axe back to the resting position, grins stupidly, and falls on his face, snoring loudly.
<I_OWN_YOU> Kraknek will now be unavailable for comment, thank you and good night

<I_OWN_YOU> initiative
<GameServ> Result (Balkor) (1#1d20+5): 7
<GameServ> Result (Abbi_Wolfstalker) (1#1d20+5): 14
<Namfoodle> ((sigh))
<GameServ> Result (Namfoodle) (1#1d20+4): 15
<GameServ> Result (Kardan) (1#1d20+4): 20
<Balkor> <<Well at least I'm not blocking anybody >>
<GameServ> Result (Kraknek) (1#1d20+0): 2
<Kraknek> <<oh jebus!>>
<GameServ> Result (Jade_Shebari) (1#1d20+3): 8
<Balkor> <<BWAHAHA!>>
<Abbi_Wolfstalker> <<owie Kraknek >>
<Kraknek> <<By the time I actually get to attack, everything'll be ded
<Abbi_Wolfstalker> <<either that or you will be >>
<Kraknek> <<That too, Abbi =P>>
<Kraknek> <<Ohhhh crud.>>

Namfoodle was positively hilarious at points as well.

Everyone was just amazing!

Thanks guys, and I'll be contacting to all soon.

[ 09-16-2001: Message edited by: Faelynn LeAndris ]

My LAUNCHCast Station
"Respect the Forest, Fear the Ranger"
I got lost for an hour and became god.
Khyron
Hello, my mushy friend...
posted 09-16-2001 03:59:00 PM
Fae : Will this be a weekly game on saturdays?

If so, it is too late for me to join up? I've been looking for a good game to join, but I'm only available friday and saturday nights, due to my cruddy work schedule =(

Lenlalron Flameblaster
posted 09-16-2001 04:07:00 PM
I'll join whenever. You need a wizzie.
Grammar is your enemy! - While being able to understand someone's sentences might seem like a good idea for a proper essay, complaining on a forum scarcely leaves time for such trivialities. Write fast! You're angry, grrr! Make that show, and forget about things like capital letters, punctuation, and verbs.
Lyinar Ka`Bael
Are you looking at my pine tree again?
posted 09-16-2001 04:20:00 PM
Gameserv sux0r

You should use the script I gave you :P

Lyinar Ka`Bael, Piney Fresh Druidess - Luclin

Faelynn LeAndris
posted 09-16-2001 04:26:00 PM
quote:
Originally posted by Lyinar:
Gameserv sux0r

You should use the script I gave you :P

Your script has limitations.

Saves on having to do math. Plus they can all use custom scripts if they want. I just gave them all custom aliases to make it easier for em.

My LAUNCHCast Station
Khyron
posted 09-16-2001 04:29:00 PM
Lyinar, the problem with doing scripts, is that it's easy to spoof them. Scripts have to use the /me command to work, so it's very easy to just type in :

/me rolls 2 8 sided dice : 15

And the GM generally has too much to do to be able to roll for everyone so that it's fair, so Gameserv is the best option

[EDIT] And...

FAE! Answer me qwestchun pleez![/EDIT]

[ 09-16-2001: Message edited by: Khyron ]

Lyinar Ka`Bael
posted 09-16-2001 04:36:00 PM
The game Deth runs, we just roll in channel.

The only limitation is that you can't roll more than once dice. The command is /roll 20 or /roll 6, etc. I'll show you the script when I get home. It works out nicely for us and battles go very quickly.

Faelynn LeAndris
posted 09-16-2001 05:04:00 PM
quote:
Originally posted by Lyinar:
The game Deth runs, we just roll in channel.

The only limitation is that you can't roll more than once dice. The command is /roll 20 or /roll 6, etc. I'll show you the script when I get home. It works out nicely for us and battles go very quickly.

The other limitations is it doesn't take into count bonuses, and yeah you can't roll more than one dice.

You cant roll 3d6 (granted doesn't come up often but its there) and you can't do your bonuses or penalties. No d20+5 for example.

Each of the players have a custom alias list with all thier skills listed. They only have to do a /<skill name> and that skill is rolled plus bonuses, or none if they have none. Means less time taken calculating, since for normal use thier bonuses will stay intact. And for the instance, which are less than normal situations, where a penalty applies to thier normal roll, then it makes it easier to take that from thier total roll. For example if they are trying to attack someone under cover. Its easier to just roll d20+5 and get a 17 and then take the penalty off than it is to roll a d20 add the bonus and then subract the penalty. To each his own, some are easier for others. I'm not gonna say one way is better than the others. I just prefer GameServ as it takes care of the mudane for me. And yeah you could fake a emote roll even if rolling in the room where everyone could see. No one can see you type the roll command, so you could essentially just type out the emote and add your own number in instead of a random. But I don't fear that from my players, as I doubt Deth does either.

This is just what I prefer, not what is nessesarily best.

And Khy, I actually posted this hear because I "couldn't" take on anymore players. I've had people ask, and have already rolled up Characters for em in most cases. But as it turns out I have my hands full. IF it gets more under control and I get better at keeping the room intact, I MAY pull more people in. But not in the near or imidiate future.

My LAUNCHCast Station
Arttemis the Rogue
Amethyst's sex toy
posted 09-16-2001 05:06:00 PM
I've got a multidie roller. It can't do +'s, but it can do 2d20, etc. If we want to try that, I can spam the group the script next Saturday
Khyron
posted 09-16-2001 05:06:00 PM
Nuts.

/me bugs Lyinar to get her D&D game going so he can finally join one!

Lyinar Ka`Bael
posted 09-16-2001 05:09:00 PM
Hehehehehe

S'not gonna be for a bit. I'm thinking of starting over winter break.

Murdoc Halfshadow
Was once named Bob
posted 09-16-2001 05:57:00 PM
Fae, the game went pretty well. I enjoyed it a lot (obviously since I stuck around ), and look forward to continuing.
RP CHARACTER
Cap'n Elethi
I'm too sexy for my shirt, too sexy for my shirt...
posted 09-16-2001 06:17:00 PM
You know Ly, considering all the fun Fae nad the guys had, if your starting during the break (Or anytime really), I'de be interested.
Elethi Rian, A Man Of Many Talents
Kanid
BANNED
posted 09-16-2001 06:19:00 PM
Can others observe your game? I'd like to watch sometime if I may, I'm a voyeur
"Unlike adults, children have little need to deceive themselves." - Goethe
Happiness is subjective, subject yourself to it whenever possible.
"A man is not old until regrets take the place of dreams." - John Barrymore
Wise men still seek Him.
Lenlalron Flameblaster
posted 09-16-2001 06:36:00 PM
So.....3e...starting....somewhere.....include me!
Grammar is your enemy! - While being able to understand someone's sentences might seem like a good idea for a proper essay, complaining on a forum scarcely leaves time for such trivialities. Write fast! You're angry, grrr! Make that show, and forget about things like capital letters, punctuation, and verbs.
Akiraiu Zenko
Is actually a giddy schoolgirl
posted 09-16-2001 11:01:00 PM
I miss RPing terribly...used to play White Wolf with my roomies several times a week. Haven't been in a game of anything in months...

...My work schedule doesn't help...

If anyone with a late-night game could use another, gimme a shout!

The artist formerly known as Zephyer Kyuukaze.
Synjari
Warrior Princess
Cookie Seraphim!
posted 09-17-2001 04:05:00 AM
It was absolutely great Fae!

As for upcoming games.. Aside from Lyinars neato idea, I am also considering running a game, non DnD.

Its called 7th Sea.. Ive never DM'd before so Ill see what I can teach myself and see if I would be able to run it. Its an awesome game.. check it out!
www.7thsea.com

"Villiany wears many masks, none of which are more dangerous than virtue." - "Sleepy Hollow"
Zaza
I don't give a damn.
posted 09-17-2001 04:25:00 AM
I have a dice script that lets you roll several dice, and such things as 3d8+20. It's activated by saying "roll 9d8" in the channel, for example. The bot replies with the result.

But since GameServ can do that, not exactly needed

[ 09-17-2001: Message edited by: Za'Yth ]

Abbikat
Tastes best with pudding
posted 09-17-2001 06:12:00 AM
I agree with Synny.. Fae the game r0xx0red

and if people wanted to watch I think that's cool too.. we can always moderate the channel so that only those playing can speak etc

And Synny... count me in... pweeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeze?

[ 09-17-2001: Message edited by: AbbigailSD ]

Were-Tigress Disciple of Lycanthropy
Perma-lowbie, addicted to MMORPGs
My LiveJournal

Faelynn LeAndris
posted 09-17-2001 07:07:00 AM
The channel is voice locked, so people can observe yes. If you want to invite someone to observe, I have no problems with it. Just let me know ahead of time.

So yes observers are fine.

The game ended with everyone finnaly getting to the task at had, combat is of course a little slower in IRC, because typing is slower than speech, but it outta be interesting. None of the observers will have access to the whiteboard functions, for obvious reasons of course. But other than that, they should be able to see everything thats going on.

My LAUNCHCast Station
Synjari
Warrior Princess
Cookie Seraphim!
posted 09-18-2001 03:49:00 AM
*smiles at Fae* Perhaps we might try what we discussed.. *marks down Lyinar and Faelynn in her 7th Sea adventure*
"Villiany wears many masks, none of which are more dangerous than virtue." - "Sleepy Hollow"
All times are US/Eastern
Hop To: