EverCrest Message Forums
You are not logged in. Login or Register.
Author
Topic: DnD Gaming Group Notice.
Faelynn LeAndris
Lusty busty redheaded wood elf with sharp claws
posted 09-08-2001 11:55:00 AM
The cutoff for applicants will be 4PM this afternoon. Thats Central time by the way. 5PM for East coasters, 2PM for you westcoasters.

I have three slots chosen. So those three will get PMs soon, sometime around 5PM or so.

Sorry for the Delays, I'm having to mow the lawn.

My LAUNCHCast Station
"Respect the Forest, Fear the Ranger"
I got lost for an hour and became god.
Faelynn LeAndris
posted 09-08-2001 02:11:00 PM
Well I have a two acre yard, and still not done so the time limit has been extended yet again... ::sighs::

I'm getting to be as bad as a game developer...

My LAUNCHCast Station
Murdoc Halfshadow
Was once named Bob
posted 09-08-2001 02:12:00 PM
Questions:

What medium are you playing in? AD&D board, IRC, AIM chat...?

If not on the AD&D board, when do you plan on running sessions? I have time Saturdays, but that's pretty much it. (Saturdays are when I do laundry, so it's when I'm home.)

RP CHARACTER
Faelynn LeAndris
posted 09-08-2001 03:23:00 PM
quote:
Originally posted by Ford Prefect:
Questions:

What medium are you playing in? AD&D board, IRC, AIM chat...?

If not on the AD&D board, when do you plan on running sessions? I have time Saturdays, but that's pretty much it. (Saturdays are when I do laundry, so it's when I'm home.)

I have a private room registered in IRC, using GameServ Bot for commands. So Die rolling and such is taken care of so it's not freeform.

I have most of teh functions setup and ready to go. I plan on keeping the schedule to Saturday nights as not to conflict with everyone elses Fri & Sund game nights which seem to be the most popular. And Because I can stay up later on saturday nights than usual after the girls go to bed. The first "Game" I plan on running next saturday. As I said before I have absolutely no DMing experience so I don't know if anyones gonna wanna keep playing after the TRS Demo Dunegon game. If they do then great! I'll then work out my own story and details and continue it a month from this game. ( I need time to work out the details of a story first) And then have a game either every saturday or every other saturday after that schedules depending. I only need a month to prepare for the first real game since I don't know if I'll be any good at this or if people will want to continue playing so I have no story beyond next weeks demo dungeon. Or any plot or details.

My LAUNCHCast Station
Murdoc Halfshadow
Was once named Bob
posted 09-08-2001 04:07:00 PM
More questions (as I can make Saturdays, and have never played a prefab kit):

What rolling system are you using for character generation (or are you using prefab characters for the prefab campaign)?

Is this 2nd or 3rd edition?

Which version/edition have you played before(D&D 1st, AD&D 1st, AD&D 2nd, and/or D&D 3rd)? Considering how many gamers are here, I suspect you're not starting out as a DM from nowhere

How long (3 hours, 8 hours...) do you expect to play in a single session?

How many players do you plan to have?

RP CHARACTER
Faelynn LeAndris
posted 09-08-2001 04:27:00 PM
quote:
Originally posted by Ford Prefect:
More questions (as I can make Saturdays, and have never played a prefab kit):

What rolling system are you using for character generation (or are you using prefab characters for the prefab campaign)?

Is this 2nd or 3rd edition?

Which version/edition have you played before(D&D 1st, AD&D 1st, AD&D 2nd, and/or D&D 3rd)? Considering how many gamers are here, I suspect you're not starting out as a DM from nowhere

How long (3 hours, 8 hours...) do you expect to play in a single session?

How many players do you plan to have?

hehe okay here goes.

My rolling system is custom, for those Ive already rolled with they can tell you thier opinions on it. Its a hybrid roll/buy skill point system. which generally levels the playing field.

The capaign is the TSR Demo cAdventure, no I will not be using prefab characters as I need to learn so you are free to roll up your own 1st lvl character.

It's 3ed

2 1/2 years.

Time frame I'm not entirely sure on as I dont know how well this will go. The demo adventure is extremely short however so I shouldnt say it'd go much over a couple hours.

To start 5 Players. I may take on more if it works out. I've started contacting some of them already.

My LAUNCHCast Station
Willias
Pancake
posted 09-08-2001 05:34:00 PM
I would also like to know if there will be any late sign ups allowed, power went out today and i spent about 5 hours doing nothing (god damn electric company...)

[ 09-08-2001: Message edited by: Willias ]

Murdoc Halfshadow
Was once named Bob
posted 09-08-2001 05:37:00 PM
Last questions (other than a PM):

Did posting in this thread count as signing up? I don't know where sign-ups were held.

What's the channel called?

[ 09-08-2001: Message edited by: Ford Prefect ]

RP CHARACTER
Faelynn LeAndris
posted 09-08-2001 09:04:00 PM
quote:
Originally posted by Willias:
I would also like to know if there will be any late sign ups allowed, power went out today and i spent about 5 hours doing nothing (god damn electric company...)

I have five now, they have all been contacted and have been rolled up. So that five is set. I will eventually take it up to 6 or 8. So yes there will be additions, just not rightaway until I getcomfortable with it.

My LAUNCHCast Station
All times are US/Eastern
Hop To: