EverCrest Message Forums
You are not logged in. Login or Register.
Author
Topic: Wheel of Time: Prophecies of the Dragon Character Creation
Lashanna
noob
posted 02-28-2005 08:19:20 PM
I'm training to be Aes Sedai. I'm always on a special mission.
Dad's going to kill you. Really. He is.
Addy
posted 02-28-2005 08:24:47 PM
quote:
Lashanna impressed everyone with:
I'm training to be Aes Sedai. I'm always on a special mission.

I'm on a special mission to seduce your Aes Sedai, btw.

With muffins.

watch out!

Dr. Gee
Say it Loud, Say it Plowed!
posted 02-28-2005 08:42:54 PM
In the name of honor i must protect my long-lost never-before-heard-about sister from the seduction of sweet sweet muffiny goodness!

In the name of pie i defy you!

Pair and Rena
Pancake
posted 02-28-2005 09:04:43 PM
if thats not a holy quest, what is? =D
Alaan
posted 02-28-2005 09:35:29 PM
As I look at the prestiege stuff some more, it is odd that the only Armsman that can become a Warder is an Ebou Dari since you need ranks in Balance. Limits it to Nobles and Wanderers pretty much.
Dr. Gee
posted 02-28-2005 09:44:17 PM
You don't *have* to put all skillpoints into class skills. The only thing about Cross-Class skills is that the max rank for them is half of what Class skills is and it costs 2 skillpoints to buy one rank of a cross-class skill.
Alaan
posted 02-28-2005 09:48:49 PM
quote:
Dr. Gee had this to say about Robocop:
You don't *have* to put all skillpoints into class skills. The only thing about Cross-Class skills is that the max rank for them is half of what Class skills is and it costs 2 skillpoints to buy one rank of a cross-class skill.

How the heck I forget cross class is beyond me!

Alaan fucked around with this message on 02-28-2005 at 09:49 PM.

Lashanna
noob
posted 02-28-2005 11:51:25 PM
Besides.

You need an Aes Sedai to be a Warder.

Alaan
posted 03-01-2005 09:38:25 AM
quote:
The logic train ran off the tracks when Lashanna said:
Besides.

You need an Aes Sedai to be a Warder.

I was just scanning through to see if I could become any of the prestieges and that caught my eye!

Katrinity
Cookie Goddess!
posted 03-01-2005 11:17:08 AM
Writing up first post now. Should be done later this afternoon.
Cookie Goddess Supreme
Furry Kitsune of Power!
Pouncer of the 12th degree!
"Cxularath ftombn gonoragh pv'iornw hqxoxon targh!"
Translated: "Sell your soul for a cookie?"
Pair and Rena
Pancake
posted 03-01-2005 12:47:36 PM
Rawr!
Falaanla Marr
I AM HOT CHIX
posted 03-01-2005 01:18:09 PM
hay rosa my character should be travelling with you or something k.

I have a big axe to chop things up that are mean to you. And I'm a guy character for a change.

Pair and Rena
Pancake
posted 03-01-2005 01:24:12 PM
I almost played a male toon, but then I had a feeling that if I did, the world would come to a end.

Guess I guessed right, if YOU and ME would played males toon.... earth would of turned up-side down!!!!

(Actuly, in truth, I had a idea for a male, but then someone did a armman and so I desided to change consept... again... and again and it just whent back to female =P ... so I'm weak minded! =D

Addy
posted 03-01-2005 02:10:28 PM
quote:
So quoth Falaanla Marr:
hay rosa my character should be travelling with you or something k.

I have a big axe to chop things up that are mean to you. And I'm a guy character for a change.

holy crap, no hot chix?

I drew up a rough sketch of my character, I'll post it after I'm back from an appointment.

Katrinity
Cookie Goddess!
posted 03-01-2005 02:19:00 PM
quote:
There was much rejoicing when Addy said this:
holy crap, no hot chix?

I drew up a rough sketch of my character, I'll post it after I'm back from an appointment.

Yes..Fal isn't a hot chix for this one...first sign of Tarmon Gai'don!

Cookie Goddess Supreme
Furry Kitsune of Power!
Katrinity
Cookie Goddess!
posted 03-01-2005 02:53:25 PM
Test
Test
Test
Test
Test
Test
Cookie Goddess Supreme
Furry Kitsune of Power!
Falaanla Marr
I AM HOT CHIX
posted 03-01-2005 03:35:22 PM
quote:
Addy had this to say about Tron:
holy crap, no hot chix?

amazing, isn't it?

I'm gonna need to get you to draw my character too.

Just noticed: My name and Geeorn's name are VERY similar.

Falaanla Marr
I AM HOT CHIX
posted 03-01-2005 03:39:38 PM
oh hay rosa nevermind, just saw your post that i missed the first time. Yuo aer a meaniehead omg wtf.
Addy
posted 03-01-2005 04:16:42 PM
kk here is my awesome char concept sketch, as to how she'll look when people first meet her. She'll make nobles cry.
Katrinity
Cookie Goddess!
posted 03-01-2005 04:28:11 PM
Almost finished. Doing Fal's intro info now then I'll post it so we can start.
Cookie Goddess Supreme
Furry Kitsune of Power!
Pair and Rena
Pancake
posted 03-01-2005 06:59:42 PM
how do I wright in color?

Where's a good place for a text corrector? =P

Lashanna
noob
posted 03-01-2005 07:26:32 PM
Color text can be done with [.color=red] (except no .) and then you have to end the color with [./color] (again, no .)

Example

[.color=red]Hi[./color] (with no .)

will look like

Hi

Pair and Rena
Pancake
posted 03-01-2005 07:33:54 PM
Pie!
Pair and Rena
Pancake
posted 03-01-2005 07:34:23 PM
sweet, so what are my color commands? =)
Lashanna
noob
posted 03-01-2005 08:03:47 PM
quote:
Pair and Rena's fortune cookie read:
sweet, so what are my color commands? =)

I think we use cyan to show when someone is talking.

And yellow to talk out of character.

There's probably rules and instructions for this that I've been too lazy to read

Falaanla Marr
I AM HOT CHIX
posted 03-01-2005 09:11:13 PM
Hay guys. Today was a busy day today for me. I'll have my intro posted tomorrow
Katrinity
Cookie Goddess!
posted 03-01-2005 10:23:10 PM
quote:
Lashanna enlisted the help of an infinite number of monkeys to write:
I think we use cyan to show when someone is talking.

And yellow to talk out of character.

There's probably rules and instructions for this that I've been too lazy to read

Nah, I just used them in the intro to show the differences. If someone wants to use a different color scheme that looks better to your eyes, just say so and we can switch to that.

But for now, as Rosa said, cyan for talking, yellow for OOC and plain white for action.

Cookie Goddess Supreme
Furry Kitsune of Power!
Cray Fielder
Pancake
posted 03-01-2005 10:53:27 PM
Testing!
Hold your head up high-for there is no greater love / Think of the faces of the people you defend
And promise me, they will never see the tears within our eyes / Although we are men with mortal sins, angels never cry
So bury fear for fate draws near and hide the signs of pain / With noble acts, the bravest souls endure the heart's remains
Discard regret, that in this debt a better world is made / That children of a newer day might remember, and avoid our fate
-Winterborn, Crüxshadows
Alaan
posted 03-01-2005 10:54:29 PM
Bah! Though I can post as Cray without logging out of Alaan I can't edit Cray posts without logging into Cray.
Katrinity
Cookie Goddess!
posted 03-01-2005 11:30:40 PM
quote:
Alaan wrote this stupid crap:
Bah! Though I can post as Cray without logging out of Alaan I can't edit Cray posts without logging into Cray.

You didn't create Cray under your Alaan account? Posting lets you choose which name to use that way.

Cookie Goddess Supreme
Furry Kitsune of Power!
Alaan
posted 03-01-2005 11:47:33 PM
I can post as either while logged in as Alaan. But I can only edit Alaan posts. I can't edit Cray posts without being logged in as Cray.
Dr. Gee
posted 03-02-2005 01:37:46 AM
Huh, that's interesting. I hope you don't mind my use of blue for Borderlander. I figure it'll just give a way to distinguish dialects for the purpose of what people can understand at a glance. If anyone wants me to change it and just use cyan for all dialouge i will.

Test

Dr. Gee fucked around with this message on 03-02-2005 at 01:40 AM.

Dr. Gee
posted 03-02-2005 01:41:37 AM
Test part the second
Dr. Gee
posted 03-02-2005 01:57:43 AM
Never mind the CoH thingy either. Just ain't going to work.

Test

That is so not grey.

Dr. Gee fucked around with this message on 03-02-2005 at 02:00 AM.

Katrinity
Cookie Goddess!
posted 03-02-2005 09:18:04 AM
quote:
Dr. Gee had this to say about Reading Rainbow:
Huh, that's interesting. I hope you don't mind my use of blue for Borderlander. I figure it'll just give a way to distinguish dialects for the purpose of what people can understand at a glance. If anyone wants me to change it and just use cyan for all dialouge i will.

Test

You can use different colors for your various dialects if you want, but mostly all the difference in a dialect is tone, how you pronouce some words, and the slang of your nation (such as a phrase a Borderlander commonly uses to mean "Hello and how are you today?" might not be grasped by someone who doesn't know the Borderlander Dialect).

Cookie Goddess Supreme
Furry Kitsune of Power!
Katrinity
Cookie Goddess!
posted 03-02-2005 10:52:20 AM
quote:
This one time, at Pair and Rena camp:
how do I wright in color?

Where's a good place for a text corrector? =P

Try this one: http://www.spellcheck.net/

Cookie Goddess Supreme
Furry Kitsune of Power!
Pair and Rena
Pancake
posted 03-02-2005 12:58:49 PM
yay! thanks Kat ^_^
Lashanna
noob
posted 03-02-2005 07:01:48 PM
I typed this up and you all ought to read it, just cause it's important! If you've read the books this stuff is probably common knowledge.

Crash Course in the History of the Dragon and False Dragons in Randland (WoT)

At the beginning of Time there were two creative forces, a seemingly nonsentient (though assumably female) being (or maybe more of a force) known as the Light, the Creator, etcetera. And then there was The Dark One (Shaitan, though nobody uses this name, as to use this name invites him to touch your life). The Dark One is decidedly male, and seems to very much have his own personality. Anyway, the Dark One was locked away in events that nobody knows about.

Similarly, the One Power, the source of all magic and spirit in the world, is divided into two halves: The male half saidin and the female half, saidar

Long ago, in the Age of Legends, magical technology was rampant, and things were good. Aes Sedai, male and female, worked side by side for the betterment of the world using the One Power. In fact, Aes Sedai means "Servant To All" in the Old Tongue. And while Aes Sedai were not world leaders they were a social class slightly above artisans, and slightly below aristocrats. The leader of the Aes Sedai at the closing of the Age of Legends was Lews Therin Telamon.

A particular researcher of the One Power, named Mierin Eronaile, who was coincidently in love with Lews Therin (he did not love her back, though he considered her a friend). In the midst of her research, she stumbled upon a new source of the One Power, she thought. It seemed limitless in power, and usable by both men and women. What she didn't know is what she had actually done was tap into the Dark One's prison and use some of his power. This hole Mierin made became called The Bore.

This set off a chain of events that led to Mierin Eronaile proclaiming herself a servant of the Great Lord of the Dark and naming herself 'Lanfear'. She along with twelve other Aes Sedai dedicated themselves to the Dark One and gained great power (there were other channelers in service to Him, but those thirteen were the greatest of them).

This set of a huge chain of events that became the Shadow Wars, with Lews Therin Telamon and his Aes Sedai, and most free people facing off against the Forsaken (those thirteen Aes Sedai that chose Him) and the hordes of monstrous creations conjured up by the Forsaken and the Dark One. Beastman-like Trollocs, Armored wraith-type things called Myrdraal, and a host of other things.

In this time, when Lews Therin became the leader of the forces of Light, he became known as Lews Therin the Dragon, He Who Comes With The Dawn, and all sorts of names. But mostly, The Dragon. It is important to know that there are no actual reptillian dragons in Wheel of Time that we know of. As far as people know "dragon" is a word that refers only to Lews Therin.

As the forces of Shadow began to win, Lews Therin, The Dragon, gathered together 100 Companions, all male channelers, and led a daring assault on the slopes of Shayol Ghul (where the Dark One's Prison was located). Battling the Thirteen Forsaken, Lews Therin and his 100 Companions sealed the Dark One's Prison with seven seals made of Cuendillar (a magical stone), and the Forsaken atop the Dark One's Prison were also buried.

In his last moments of freedom, the Dark One lashed out and tainted the male half of the True Source, saidar. From then on, any male drawing on that power would draw in Madness and insanity, and pain would wrack his body.

The result was devastating as male channelers all over the world went mad. Most killed themselves with their uncontrolled power. Mountains were shifted, seas were formed and banished, the face of the world changed. This moment is called The Breaking of the World, or simply the Breaking. Lews Therin's madness was great, and in the process, he killed his entire family and any in his service at his home, including his children and beloved life. Thus, Lews Therin Telamon, the Dragon, also became known as Lews Therin Kinslayer. In a moment of lucidity, Lews Therin realized what he had done. His grief was so great that he poured out all his power and killed himself in one massive burst of One Power. That blast formed the mountain now called Dragonmount (you can see it on the map).

------------------------------
What your characters probably know:

Lews Therin Kinslayer has since passed into legend, but it is still a story that is known in nearly every household and backwater village. In a world that has lost so much knowledge and so much has passed into myth, the danger of Male Channelers and the lesson of Lews Therin remains.

Prophecies were still yet made that when the Dark One emerged from his prison, the Dragon would be reborn as a male channeler of great power. The fact that the Dragon (Lews Therin) would be reincarnated to fight evil is no comfort to most people. Instead, people fear that Lews Therin's reincarnation would cause another Breaking of the World.

Male Channelers are 'taken care of' to this day without question. Usually, Aes Sedai find and hunt them down if they cause too much trouble, and find and gentle them (that is, they sever the man's ability to connect to the True Source, and thus, channel magic).

Throughout history, many male channelers have risen up and claimed to be the Dragon Reborn but were proven to be 'false Dragons': Raolin Darksbane, Yurian Stonebow, Davian, Gorin Rogad. The most famous, historically, of these was Guaire Amalasan, who was an Alexander-the-Great-ish conqueror. When he was slain, Artur Hawkwing used the aftermath to forge his great kingdoms.

Recently, a false Dragon named Logain Ablar, of Ghealdan, rose up and claimed to be the Dragon Reborn. His rebellion was powerful, but he was captured by Aes Sedai of the Red Ajah (a faction of Aes Sedai dedicated to hunting down male channelers). Now, he will be taken to the White Tower in Tar Valon (the center of Aes Sedai power), and gentled. But first, he is taken through all the villages and towns along the way, like Caemlyn, to display him as sort of a prize for the Red Ajah.

That is where our campaign is.

The IMPORTANT message here is:
Male Channelers are universally feared and reviled because anyone male who can channel will inevitably go mad and his power will harm others. It was Male Channelers who caused the Breaking of the World. They are dealt with differently in different societies, but they are always taken care of to make sure they harm no one.

Lews Therin is the stuff of Legend, and few really believe he existed anymore.

Also, in the Southlands, most people no longer believe Trollocs or Shadowspawn exist (though Borderlanders know better, having fought them usually).

Just thought this was some stuff people should know.

I know that it's my turn to post for the female part of the IC thread, but I feel bad talking so much when the guys haven't had a shot yet.

Lashanna fucked around with this message on 03-02-2005 at 07:02 PM.

Dr. Gee
posted 03-02-2005 09:59:34 PM
Falalala and Alaan have deserted me

In the face.

With

God i'm bored at work. And i just know that they're going to go on a posting spree tommorow when i'm spending the whole day in class and writing a paper.

Dr. Gee fucked around with this message on 03-02-2005 at 09:59 PM.

Alaan
posted 03-02-2005 10:38:35 PM
I was trying to wait for Fal to post! And that pie needs to be eaten, not slammed into my innocent face. The face
All times are US/Eastern
Hop To: