EverCrest Message Forums
You are not logged in. Login or Register.
Author
Topic: Wheel of Time d20 PbP?
Katrinity
Cookie Goddess!
posted 02-16-2005 08:31:44 PM
quote:
From the book of Dr. Gee, chapter 3, verse 16:
Cool thanks. That helps. So RP things in normal story format and game mechanics things in "OOC:"?

Pretty much, a typical post would go:

Geeorn's Character Name

At the crack of dawn, Gee awakened from a restles sleep to the cawing of a rooster outside his window. The damned beast would not be quiet as Gee's blood shot eyes cracked open. The night before had been one of endless drinking and partying to the wee hours of the morn.

Gee's parched, cracked lips parted, "I need a drink."

OOC: This is OOC! Whee!

Cookie Goddess Supreme
Furry Kitsune of Power!
Pouncer of the 12th degree!
"Cxularath ftombn gonoragh pv'iornw hqxoxon targh!"
Translated: "Sell your soul for a cookie?"
Dr. Gee
Say it Loud, Say it Plowed!
posted 02-16-2005 08:39:39 PM
So combat/skill actions would be described in story format then actually done in ooc format.

I assume you'll be making all attack/skill check rolls yourself.

Katrinity
Cookie Goddess!
posted 02-16-2005 08:47:01 PM
quote:
Dr. Gee said this about your mom:
So combat/skill actions would be described in story format then actually done in ooc format.

I assume you'll be making all attack/skill check rolls yourself.

Yar, I am probably going to be doing all rolling myself just to keep the game pace going. Otherwise it can get a little bogged down when you have to wait on everyone to post and roll. Thats up in the air though.

Cookie Goddess Supreme
Furry Kitsune of Power!
Alaan
posted 02-17-2005 11:09:33 PM
quote:
Dr. Gee enlisted the help of an infinite number of monkeys to write:
I'll be doing a Borderlander Woodsman. He'll be a very sneaky one rather than go all Aragorn on things.

Hehe. Was thinking of that char, but with some horse skills. Instead I shall be a Shienar Armsman with horse skills!

Alaan fucked around with this message on 02-17-2005 at 11:29 PM.

Pair and Rena
Pancake
posted 02-17-2005 11:23:14 PM
Every roll should be done by the DM and then she (or her, but we know our DM is Kat so I say she) Discribe the result accordingly =)

I always think it is best.

Of then, DM will PM with defrent result options to th eplayer THEN decribe the result.

This sayed, in a fight, I have TOTAL trust in Kat's discription ...

*Giggles as he remeber the "Molest" quote*

What can take alot of time is in Roleplay situation actuly, when EVERYONE is togetter and we wait for EVERYONe to react. So, thats why it of the MOST importence that all atlest reacts once a day.

And if you know your leaving for a few days, let the DM know atlest, so she wont wait and pray ^_<

on a othere note, befor people ask, yes I will use a text corrector befor posting, Actuly, most my post will be sended by Kat in PM befor actuly posting to make sure the bad gramar dont make your eyes bleed ^_^

I'm not THAT cruel ... usaly.

Alaan
posted 02-18-2005 12:26:15 AM
quote:
Pair and Rena obviously shouldn't have said:
on a othere note, befor people ask, yes I will use a text corrector befor posting, Actuly, most my post will be sended by Kat in PM befor actuly posting to make sure the bad gramar dont make your eyes bleed ^_^

I'm not THAT cruel ... usaly.

Hehe. I've seen native English speakers write worse then you on some RP boards. >_<

And unrelatedly, I'm most certainly not spending all of 3mks on my equipment so I can actually use a horse in combat. Nope. Not me. Curse you expensive warhorses

Caid '5 Fists' Berrit
I've had a few beers but I'm cool to drive
posted 02-18-2005 03:43:36 PM
It turns out I'm not gonna have the time to play, sorry Kat

I'd like to keep on eye on how everything goes though, since I don't have much Pbp experience. I sure would love to get involved in one at some point.

Sorry!

'But if I had a shotgun you know what I'd do?
I'd point that shit straight at the sky and shoot heavan on down for you'

Bradley Nowell
Katrinity
Cookie Goddess!
posted 02-18-2005 05:17:41 PM
S'ok. Everyone is free to watch as they like.
Cookie Goddess Supreme
Furry Kitsune of Power!
Pair and Rena
Pancake
posted 02-18-2005 07:23:31 PM
Ok! I readed Most of it! I know more! I understand alot more.

Now for smaller details =)

*poke attack Kat*

Lashanna
noob
posted 02-19-2005 01:03:14 AM
I'm leaning towards Initiate, strongly. Not sure which ajah I'd be 'aiming' for, or what homeland I'd be from as of yet..

Still a slight chance I could pull a full 180 and go for an arms(wo)man from someplace, as I like the rather developed traditions a lot of the military orders have in so many places in Wheel of Time.

Dad's going to kill you. Really. He is.
Addy
posted 02-19-2005 03:04:46 AM
I juuuuuust ordered the PHB from Amazon.com, but still need to find the pdf of it while I wait for it to arrive (gg supersave shipping).

Right now I'm leaning toward a spirit-based healing talent Tairen wilder. Note that I am too a newbie of WoT, but I will try my best to learn as much as I can before the game starts.

Addy fucked around with this message on 02-19-2005 at 03:47 AM.

Katrinity
Cookie Goddess!
posted 02-19-2005 02:04:03 PM
Lets see, we got an Armsman, an Initiate, a Wilder, and a Woodsman so far planned. Shaping up to be a balanced party. ^.^
Cookie Goddess Supreme
Furry Kitsune of Power!
Pair and Rena
Pancake
posted 02-20-2005 03:53:33 PM
Ok, so I'm trying to find a character consept.

But reading the enclopedia, there one thing missing in information:

-THe people

When I say this, I meen there way of life, the "Races" and there beliefs.

This would greatly help me. as now THat I know abit of the history and the world. The setting, the ideas and the way things work I'm loving.

All info on the poeple, or atlest something mind set me will do. once I deside what race I'll take, I'll ask even more info from there =)

I realy wana make my character as well constructed as my Quebecer's ass can make.

Damnati
Filthy
posted 02-21-2005 12:49:13 AM
quote:
Everyone wondered WTF when Katrinity wrote:
Lets see, we got an Armsman, an Initiate, a Wilder, and a Woodsman so far planned. Shaping up to be a balanced party. ^.^

Keep a space in your head for an algai d'siswai (possibly a Maiden, given my proclivity for rping female characters) at some point further on. I think I would like to join this, just not until I have a better feel for how it's done (and until my character will fit better in the storyline).

Love is hard, harder than steel and thrice as cruel. It is as inexorable as the tides and life and death alike follow in its wake. -Phèdre nó Delaunay, Kushiel's Chosen

It is by caffeine alone I set my mind in motion. It is by the beans of Java the thoughts aquire speed, the teeth acquire stains, the stains become a warning. It is by caffeine alone I set my mind in motion.

Katrinity
Cookie Goddess!
posted 02-22-2005 09:40:00 AM
Everyone, please try to have your character sheets ready for me by tomorrow at the latest and PM them to me. I'd like to try to get the game started this week and such.

So far only have Gee and Alaan's characters.

If you're having any problems with any of the rules or other problems creating a character, send me a PM with questions and I'll be glad to help ya out.

Cookie Goddess Supreme
Furry Kitsune of Power!
Pair and Rena
Pancake
posted 02-22-2005 06:20:57 PM
Doing mine to night ... if you there to enser my pm's ^_<
Alaan
posted 02-22-2005 07:35:43 PM
Don't feel so bad now! Thought I was being a slow poke.
Pair and Rena
Pancake
posted 02-22-2005 08:01:38 PM
well, the basic of my character sheet are done! (I made two, for I dont know what Kat will allow, so to save time when she help me make a desision)

I'm also gona work on there history, witch will help me greatly to finish the character sheet =)

Anklebiter
Pancake
posted 02-23-2005 10:27:37 PM
Sorry, I have to drop out, but at least it's not mid-game.

If any spots stay open, I'll try to see what I can do then if you want.

EVE Online:
Asha Vahishta, Minmatar Pilot.
All times are US/Eastern
Hop To: