EverCrest Message Forums
You are not logged in. Login or Register.
Author
Topic: Chapter One: In Soranil's Wake
NPC
Pancake
posted 01-09-2002 05:44:31 PM
The half-elven woman stirs from her slumber, muttering, "Papa, put out the candle, I can't sleep." She stretches and yawns, and after a moment, comes to her senses. "Oh, darn. I was having such a nice dream." After a short sigh, she pushes herself gently to her feet, and stumbles a bit before leaning against the wagon for support. "A good nap was just what I needed. Thank... you?" She looks around a moment, noticing a different elf from the one that had been there when she fell asleep, along with an odd little winged girl. "Hello there," she says jovially, with a little smile on her face. "It looks like I slept through quite a bit. Now, where's that bag?" she asks, glancing around more.
Taylen
Pancake
posted 01-09-2002 05:44:55 PM
Taylen blinks softly mumuring to himself "Must get some sleep soon" then remembers his bedroll is cushioning the half elf girl's head and lets out a soft groan

Taylen slowly circles the campfire making sure the drieds grasses are sufficiently away from the fire so he doesn't set the whole area on fire and then walks over to where he left his pack

Taylen puts his flint and steel back in his pack and goes to find Willias's elf and the dwarf to see about making aggrangements for watches over the camp

"When correctly viewed, everything is lewd." - Tom Lehrer.
Sadomasochism: It's Fun!
Taylen Ashenbow
Rangers never run we mearly stratigically retreat.
Thats not a train thats a pull, my trains are always much bigger.
Drakkenmaw
Crunchy, tastes good with ketchup
posted 01-09-2002 05:46:26 PM
Drakkenclaw is startled by the flood of sudden light, and his body goes even stiffer than before as his mind tries to decide whether quick combat or fast departure would be the best option for survival. He wrestles with them for moments, trying to fight off the instincts which he had been instructed in for all his life. Finally, his mind managed to put a word in against his animalistic responses.

Hide, you fool! They might see you!

Slowly, yet quicker than before, the lizardman began to flatten himself down below the high grasses. It did not offer the best camouflage in the world, but it was cover. And cover was absolutely necessary.

`Doc
Cold in an Alley
posted 01-09-2002 05:59:34 PM
ooc:
For those who opened straight to page 4 (this page), the last post on page 3 is important. Don't let it slip by unnoticed
Ruvyen

The rock with the twinkling spots appears to be quickly sinking into the grass. It may not be a rock after all. However, as it has dropped from your line of sight, you can't really examine it further from here.

Taylen

It appears you cleared a wide enough area around the fire, though there's no telling for sure what a strong wind would do.

As you return for your pack, you notice the half-human girl is up and about. She smiles at you as you pass by.

Base eight is just like base ten, really... if you're missing two fingers. - Tom Lehrer
There are people in this world who do not love their fellow human beings, and I hate people like that! - Tom Lehrer
I want to be a race car passenger; just a guy who bugs the driver. "Say man, can I turn on the radio? You should slow down. Why do we gotta keep going in circles? Can I put my feet out the window? Man, you really like Tide..." - Mitch Hedberg
Please keep your arms, legs, heads, tails, tentacles, pseudopods, wings, and/or other limb-like structures inside the ride at all times.
Please submit all questions, inquests, and/or inquiries, in triplicate, to the Department of Redundancy Department, Division for the Management of Division Management Divisions.

Trillee
I <3 My Deviant
posted 01-09-2002 06:18:58 PM
Frey looks towards the flash, her eyes slitting to block out a good deal of the light. When it fades, she goes back to eating. After a abit, when she's done, she picks off meat, and looks at Tay. As a second thought, she places the meat on the carcass and casts purify food.
Taylen
Pancake
posted 01-09-2002 06:28:59 PM
Taylen smiles warmly at the Half human "Sleep well miss?"
Taylen gazes softly at the edge of the camp wondering how long it will be until the moon rises tonight and thinking how odd it is that the fates threw such a diverse group of people togather in such a manner
Taylen yawns softly his body again reminding him just how long it has been since he last slept and turns to Willias's elf "Excuse me sir" and waits patiently for an answer smiling in a friendly manner
Taylen Ashenbow
NPC
Pancake
posted 01-09-2002 06:35:46 PM
The young lady giggles, "So that's where my bag went." Walking over to where the leather-clad elf picked up his pack, she lifts her own bag, slinging it over her head and shoulder. "Not the best adjustment, but I'll make due for now. Oh, and thanks for the headrest," she adds, slipping the bedroll under the leather-clad elf's left arm. It appears she's quite good at slight of hand.
Taylen
Pancake
posted 01-09-2002 06:44:45 PM
Taylen blinks softly as the bedroll suddenly appears under his arm "No problem miss" and smiles softly

Taylen yawns sleepily and gazes out across the landscape

(ooc darn writers block I ran out of ideas)

Taylen Ashenbow
`Doc
Cold in an Alley
posted 01-10-2002 04:07:12 PM
Aanile

Well, the meat doesn't look any different...

Base eight is just like base ten, really... if you're missing two fingers. - Tom Lehrer
There are people in this world who do not love their fellow human beings, and I hate people like that! - Tom Lehrer
I want to be a race car passenger; just a guy who bugs the driver. "Say man, can I turn on the radio? You should slow down. Why do we gotta keep going in circles? Can I put my feet out the window? Man, you really like Tide..." - Mitch Hedberg
Please keep your arms, legs, heads, tails, tentacles, pseudopods, wings, and/or other limb-like structures inside the ride at all times.
Please submit all questions, inquests, and/or inquiries, in triplicate, to the Department of Redundancy Department, Division for the Management of Division Management Divisions.

Trillee
I <3 My Deviant
posted 01-10-2002 05:17:42 PM
Frey fehs then takes the meat to Tay, offering him some. "Hungry?" She says in elvish, sitting down besides him.
Ruvie's Alt
Haven't you always wanted a monkey?
posted 01-10-2002 08:24:29 PM
Khazmon got up, to try to get the pack off the dead lizardman, probably by brute force. Suddenly, something catches his eye. He doesn't know what it is, but he turns around to catch full sight of it.

There it is- That rock... Or, maybe it was an animal nest? Or maybe... This wasn't the time for wondering what it was- It was moving. And that meant it was alive.

"I knew I saw something..." Khazmon mutters to himself, slowly going over to his pile of equipment to retrieve his axes.

Willias
Pancake
posted 01-12-2002 07:31:06 AM
Aust walks over to a wagon and pulls out a ration and sits down by the bright camp fire. He thinks, "I will ask for names after I eat."

After sitting down for a while, he hears another voice asking, "Excuse me sir." He looks up and sees an elf standing above him. "Ah hello there." Aust says after swallowing a bite of the ration. "My name is Aust, um, you were that guy who saved the young girl right? Anyways, what do you need?" Aust stands up and looks at the elf. "May I know your name?" He pauses and listens to nearby footsteps. He turns around looks over to Khazmon, noticing that he is grabbing his weapons. "Khazmon, what are you doing?" he asks.

[ 01-12-2002: Message edited by: Willias ]

Taylen
Pancake
posted 01-12-2002 05:43:59 PM
Taylen inclines his head slightly to Willias's elf "My name is Taylen Ashenbow and it is a pleasure to meet you sir"
"I am awfully tired and was wondering if you weren't to terribly tired if you or possibly the dwarf would be willing to take the earlier watch and I could sleep and wake up later to take a late watch"

Taylen waits patiently smiling for a response when he hears the voice of Freya at his elbow
Taylen looks over and smiles taking the meat from her "Thank you Frey I was wondering what I would do now that my rations are gone"
Taylen sniffs the meat cautiously decides it smell edible and tears off a bit chewing slowly
Taylen smiles in mild surprize that it not only is edible but actually fairly tasty

Taylen Ashenbow
Ruvie's Alt
posted 01-12-2002 06:38:34 PM
Khazmon responds to Aust without even looking at him, keeping his eyes on where he saw that... Thing... Move.

"I saw something... It moved... There!" Khazmon pointed to where he saw it move.

"Probably a forest thing waiting for a chance to get our food..."

`Doc
Cold in an Alley
posted 01-12-2002 07:02:08 PM
ooc:
For reference, once your character has received a formal introduction to another character (i.e. once your character knows another character's name), you are perfectly free to use the character's name when speaking about him or her. Actually, you could use the character's name anyway, as long as your character only speaks/thinks the names that he or she knows. I've personally found that it helps with roleplay to use the names your character knows.

Just my two coppers

Drakkenmaw

You can hear conversation coming from the camp. Most of it is too low to be distinguished, though not so quiet as whispers would be. One voice, however, stands out. The dwarf speaks quite loudly, and is a good ten steps from the others. While you can only make out bits and pieces of the brief conversation between him and one of the elves, you hear the dwarf say very clearly, "There!" The overturned wagon partially obstructs your view of him, he does appear to be pointing in your direction.

Willias
Pancake
posted 01-12-2002 07:18:08 PM
Aust nods to Khazmon, and picks up his spellbook and Quarterstaff. "Lemme come with you, probably better to not go alone into the woods or away from the camp at this time." he says to the dwarf.
Aust looks to Taylen. "Sure I will take the early watch, but let me and Khazmon check something out first."
Ruvie's Alt
posted 01-12-2002 07:33:14 PM
Khazmon looked back at his armor for a quick second- No time to put that on now. As much as it might help, it might give that creature time to run, and find another place to wait.

So, taking his axes, the lighter one in his left hand, he began to slowly step towards what he saw move.

NPC
Pancake
posted 01-12-2002 07:36:54 PM
Looking in the direction the dwarf is pointing, the young half-elf says, rather confused, "Isn't that the wagon we pulled old sourpants here out of?" A few seconds later, she giggles, "Oh, wait, my mistake."

"Khazmon, right?" she asks, approaching the dwarf. "I'm Ara. If we hadn't been gagged, I would've introduced myself before. It feels kind of silly now." She seems not to pay any attention to where Khazmon is pointing.

Taylen
Pancake
posted 01-12-2002 07:42:58 PM
Taylen smiles and follows the way Khazmon pointed before "Sure Aust give a yell should you need help"
Taylen watches the spot Khazmon pointed to not seeing anything out of the ordinary but knows enough tot rust a dwarf's eyes over his own at night "And do take care out there haven't had any casualties other than the lizards tonight and I'd prefer it stayed that way" and gives a soft chuckle before settling down against the side of the cart to wait nibbling softly on the meat Freyja gave him before
Taylen Ashenbow
Willias
Pancake
posted 01-12-2002 08:04:34 PM
Aust walks up behind Khazmon and looks around, not seeing anything out of the ordinary. He scratches his head, shrugs, and keeps following Khazmon.
Drakkenmaw
posted 01-12-2002 08:14:10 PM
The meaning of the words was obvious - discovery. Turning slowly to face the dark and forboding trees, the lizardman struck a winding and disconcerting path around the now-obvious battleground. Getting caught was not an option, not at the moment. Maybe being caught walking up, but not being caught watching - he might've been stalking them, for all they knew.

At this, Drakkenclaw paused for a moment. He would have cursed his stupidity, if not for the urgent need to retain his hidden state. His actions had only contributed to the hostility he would meet with if caught!

He thought of standing, presenting himself to his pursuers in a display of harmlessness. But his body would hear nothing of it, and continued on his path. A series of voices flashed through his head. His instincts were screaming for a mad flight away into the dreary-but-glorious cover of the forest. His teachings floated back to him as well, urging him to fight the predators who would certainly pursue him - Though ants may have venom, they cannot kill the bird. It is more powerful, for it is stronger and faster, and it shall remain so no matter the number of foes. The ants flee when the bird turns its eye to them.

And there was also the wisp of a memory tugging at his mind again, as the voice of an old lesson forced its way to the front of his mind. Bargaining is the tool of the weak, it murmured,a tactic used by those weakened by denial to get what their instincts crave without having to abandon their fantasy.

Faced with such opposition, all Drakkenclaw could do was crawl onwards. He could not bring himself to stop, and fought his predator's fire with all his mind. It was the only recourse, and it was taken.

`Doc
Cold in an Alley
posted 01-12-2002 08:27:33 PM
Ruvyen

While you cannot see the object or creature you noticed before, you do see very clearly that something is moving through the grasses, though you have yet to get a clear glimpse of what it might be. The overturned wagon now stands between you and the fire, allowing your darkvision to slip back into the edges of your sight.

Willias

The dwarf, Khazmon, seems to be focused on something in the grasses. At first you see nothing. Then, after a moment, you can see the grasses swaying, as if being brushed aside in a zigzag path. Its movement is slow, but purposeful, as it makes its way around you and the two others beside you, towards the edge of the forest.

Falaanla Marr
I AM HOT CHIX
posted 01-13-2002 04:03:52 PM
Saeessira scurries backwards, after seeing the almost blast of light...she then scrambles to her feet. After a moment, she decides to go into the camp to see what is going on, so she hovers 2 feet or so off the ground, above the grasses, and flies towards the camp...

What...Whats going on? I just saw an...explosion of sorts come from here...

[ 01-13-2002: Message edited by: Falaanla Marr ]

Ruvie's Alt
posted 01-13-2002 06:33:10 PM
Khazmon grinned. Whatever doubt he had about the thing he saw being alive, was all gone now.

"Now I gotcha..." he muttered to himself, and began running towards where it looked like the thing was going.

NPC
Pancake
posted 01-13-2002 07:03:01 PM
"Wha? Hey, where are you going?!" Ara calls out after the dwarf.
`Doc
Cold in an Alley
posted 01-13-2002 07:26:08 PM
ooc:
As I've already mentioned, there's a close-up overhead view of your immediate vicinity on the game's website. I've been keeping it up to date as best I can, and thanks to my brother, it now has a script that will force the maps page to refresh every few minutes (just in case).
Falaanla

You notice, quite clearly in fact, that the center of the camp is lit by a decent-sized campfire. You can now see all around the camp, as well as 15 or 20 feet beyond in most directions. At the edge of this distance, you can make out movement and passing shadows. The profile of your familiar has nearly disappeared among the branches, though the eyes of the owl you saw seem to glow orange in the firelight.

Just then, you hear Ithar chime in, "Where fat guy going?" The little bird darts down, landing on a now-horizontal bar of the overturned wagon.

Drakkenmaw

It is obvious at this point that the dwarf has spotted you. To continue at this rate would allow him to catch up with you. You could make a break for the trees, but doing so would reveal you completely, losing any cover you might have. He is already within ten paces of you, so whatever you decide, you would need to decide quickly.

Ruvyen

You close quickly on the moving creature hidden in the grasses. Another few steps and you will be upon it.

Taylen & Aanile

The little winged girl hovers up beside you, and it is towards the two of you that she has directed her inquiry. The robed elf has walked over to the supply cart, while the one in traveler's clothes and the red-haired half-human walked over to the dwarf (who has since started to run away from the campsite).

Willias

You notice Khazmon bolt after whatever is parting the grasses, with an axe in each hand.

Willias
Pancake
posted 01-14-2002 06:03:36 PM
"Uh..." Aust takes a step back. "If there is something in the grass, I don't want it to attack me." he whispers to where only himself to hear.
"Ok I better be ready to cast a spell." Aust thinks.
Aust holds his hand forward and makes a symbol, he closes his eyes and begins to chant.
Falaanla Marr
I AM HOT CHIX
posted 01-14-2002 07:12:25 PM
"Ithar, go...follow the little fat guy for me. See what he is running at... but dont get yourself hurt" Saeessira "thought" to Ithar
Trillee
I <3 My Deviant
posted 01-15-2002 06:15:35 PM
Freya looks up to the small winged girl, not sure what to make of all this. She sences though that her elven friend has grown tired, and turns to him "You should rest to." She says in elvish, stiffling a slight yawn herself.
Drakkenmaw
posted 01-17-2002 07:31:01 PM
At the sight of the people moving towards him, Drakkenclaw's brain stopped. All conscious thought ended, as his instincts began fully powering his body. For the lizardman himself, there was only a calm sensation. It was familiar, peaceful, and alluring. He smileed inwardly at the feeling, and relaxed as he settled into his thoughts. The Shalm was having him flee. He would get away, and could come back at a later time. For the moment, he had earned some time in meditation. He would observe his pursuers; it would help in dealing with them at that later time.

Drakkenclaw's body had in the meantime gone stiff as hardened iron, freezing in its crouched location. Its eyes darted wildly about in a feral fashion, rapidly scanning the scene for motion and almost as quickly sorting it into a list of pursuers and unimportant errata.

Below its monk outfit, the lizardman's tail twitches slightly. It sniffs the air, and pauses.

`Doc
Cold in an Alley
posted 01-18-2002 04:44:49 PM
ooc:
Well, Reyolen's back. I'm giving him another shot, but this is his only chance to redeem himself.
Ruvyen

The creature stops suddenly as you draw near its path, and in your streaking charge, you manage to pass right by it, missing intercepting it by no more than a few feet. At this range, though, you'd have no trouble finding it if you simply double back for about eight or ten paces.

Falaanla

"Okay!" Ithar responds. The bird remains perched for now, as it apparently has a decent enough view of the surrounding area. The bird's eyes are probably a good deal better than yours, and it's already closer to the action, though at a safe enough distance to avoid getting involved.

Drakkenmaw

The dwarf ambles past you in a run. However, an new sound reaches your ears. Chanting, coming from the campsite, reminds you of the place you once called home. An elf on the near edge of the campsite appears to be pointing at you. Beside him, a half-elven woman with bright red hair has a rather confused look on her face, as she calls out, "Hey, were are you going?!"

Reyolen

You're hungry, you're tired, and nobody is paying any attention to you. You could get at the supplies in your pack at this point, though the pack itself would be quite difficult to liberate. Then there's the cart of supplies, which you've found yourself walking towards in a sort of half-daze. As you look into the camp, there is now a fire going. It might have been the initial blaze of the fire which put you in a daze... or perhaps that's what brought you out of it. Right now, you're really just too hungry to care which.

On one side of the camp, an elf in leather, a fellin woman similarly clad, and a small winged girl are gathered, apparently engaged in idle chatter. Towards the other side of camp, where your backpack is still strapped on the dead creature's shoulders, the half-human woman and an elf you had paid little mind to before are looking out towards the darkness. The elf is chanting, most likely the beginnings of a spell. If that is the case, it is still too early to discern what he is casting. Not that it's likely to make you any less hungry or thirsty or tired. Your wrists are still sore from being bound so long.

Ruvie's Alt
posted 01-18-2002 07:44:46 PM
Khazmon catches a brief sight of the thing as he runs past it- Not enough to tell what it is. He stops quickly, skidding a bit, and readies his axes in a defensive position, pondering whether he should charge head-on or maybe try to surprise it.
Reyolen
Wanders too much for a custom title
posted 01-18-2002 08:00:08 PM
ic: 'Seeing as I don't seem to be getting my food any time soon, and no one seems to be paying me any mind, I might as well search my pack for anything I might need.' I thought to myself as I stood up, slowly. 'Why did this have to happen to me? Why do I get stuck in these situations, and with company such as this.'

He continued his thinking until he had reached his pack attacted to the lizard's corpse. He paid little attention to the other people around, or what was going on at all. His attention was split between the pain in his head, his hunger, and his pack, from which he took his belongings. Then, still hearing the chanting, he watched the elf's casting closely, trying to determine what he was casting, so he could have an idea as to why. He would head back toward the cart in a bit.

ooc: I could not find anywhere exactly what is in my pack at the moment. I read of a stack of a shortbow, rapier, and daggers, but that was in the cart. I will assume it was any of my stuff you didn't say it was in there.

[ 01-18-2002: Message edited by: Reyolen ]

Willias
Pancake
posted 01-18-2002 08:48:18 PM
"If it is anything dangerous, this should stop it in its tracks.", Aust thinks to himself.
He stops his chanting. Smiles and put his hand outwards from his body acting like he is pushing something with that hand. He concentrates on the spot where the grass moved and shouts "Cyros Pyros!" and a small ball of energy flies from his hand towards the spot on the grass.

OOC: I cast magic missle.

[ 01-18-2002: Message edited by: Willias ]

`Doc
Cold in an Alley
posted 01-18-2002 09:39:53 PM
ooc:
Willias, good casting description, but I handle the spell effects, understand?
quote:
I'm attacking the darkness!
Reyolen

The contents of your pack are, as far as you can tell, unchanged from when you last repacked it. Your bedroll is still strapped to the pack's underside. Inside the pack, you notice that many of your possessions are covered in black ink and small shards of glass. Your vial of ink was crushed, and though you couldn't say for certain when it happened, the most likely time was whenever the lizardman landed on it. Fortunately, any supplies that might have gotten damaged by the ink were wrapped in cloth or encased, and seem intact. The ink is still wet.

As for the spell, that becomes readily apparent. A glow forms at the elf's fingertips, and with the shouting of a few sharp words, his four fingers are encircled in a single white light, which looses itself in a spiral. Spinning and flaring like a festival firework, the spark of light streaks through the air, making a whistling sound as it goes. The spell is a magic missle, something which you have found some use for on occasion.

Willias

The bolt of silvery light breaks free of your fingers, giving you a slight shock as it goes. The feeling is nothing unusual to you, though from what you heard at the Vista School of Ancient Arts, it isn't supposed to happen.

The bolt of energy swirls in a neat spiral, striking downward into the grasses at the spot where you had been concentrating a moment before.

Ruvyen

As you turn to face the creature, whatever it may be, you notice a flare of light streak towards you from the campsite. It travels in a spiral, and turns downward only at the last second, striking into the grasses no more than six paces from where you stand. Perhaps you did not overrun the creature as far as you thought.

Drakkenmaw

A flare of white light drops into the grass beside you, bursting at your side. It hits the fringe of your cloak with a spark as it goes, and the possibility of fire quickly runs its way through your mind. The bulk of the sparks, however, fall upon a single blade of grass, which they utterly annihilate. Other than a small zap, much like the jolt from a static-soaked shirt, reaches your side.

ooc:
Drak, you take 1hp of damage. The grass stalk (which filled the majority of the space designated as the target) took 3hp of damage and died.
Falaanla, Aanile, Taylen

There seems to be some commotion coming from the other side of camp. Twin Moon swoops out of her perch in the trees, and begins circling over some spot beyond the far side of the camp. It appears the dwarf is over there, searching the grasses.

The elf and half-elf standing on the far side of camp both shout, first the half-elven (or half-human for Taylen) woman, then the elf a few seconds later.

Reyolen
Wanders too much for a custom title
posted 01-18-2002 10:29:46 PM
ic: He (my character) asks of the elf that cast the magic missle "What are you casting at?! What is going on around here! Arg! My head hurts." As he says this, he starts cleaning the ink off of the things in his pack, when it is possible. While still cleaning his pack, he says to the elf, "I want some answers."
Drakkenmaw
posted 01-18-2002 11:27:29 PM
Drakkenclaw was somewhat interested in the spark of light that had possibly harmed his body. It was obviously a spell, but what type? He ran through those he had seen in times past, separating them into learned classifications and ranks. The knowledge was faint - he had never seriously studied anything in the Order's books, except the maps of far-off lands - but he believed it was a wizard's work. From what he had seen of the mages in the Shalm's service, his body might need controlling in some moments to come in order to avoid destruction. Of either himself or one of the people he was trying to assist.

While these throughts were running in Drakkenclaw's disembodied mind, his physical self was busy. At the pain of the spell's contact, it leapt from its position towards the cover of the woods - almost floating above the grass as it springs off its four limbs and into the air. As it lands, it scurries in high flight towards the brush. It leaps randomly, shifting location and direction slightly every time, yet makes a general dash for the cover of the dark woods.

NPC
Pancake
posted 01-18-2002 11:38:36 PM
The half-elf's eyes dart around in confusion. She groans heavily in exasperation, "Ugh!" and drops down into the grasses, almost disappearing from everyone's view. Only her bright red hair makes her visible, making her way slowly through the grasses, and headed almost directly away from the camp.
`Doc
Cold in an Alley
posted 01-18-2002 11:55:30 PM
ooc:
Woah, this is gonna add a lot of new stuff. Pay attention everyone, and welcome to your first in-game combat sequence . I'm updating the map to make things easier.
Reyolen

The first item that comes out of your pack in your hand is the small, steel mirror you carry with you wherever you go. Without paying much attention, you start wiping it off with your sleeve. This seems to work well enough, though your outfit, if not completely filthy already, is now ink-stained.

Willias

You see a large brown object leap forth from the grasses quite suddenly, scaring you half out of your wits! It bounds past the dwarf, headed for the trees beyond.

Ruvyen

Out of the grasses before you, a tremendous lizard, shrouded in brown cloth, leaps suddenly in your direction! At the last instant it strikes the earth and turns aside, bounding past on your left in a single leap. If you move quickly, you could take a single swipe at the beast before it escapes your reach once again.

Drakkenmaw

Your course takes you directly past the dwarf. While it adds the benefit of surprise, it makes you vulnerable. However, it is too late now to reconsider. You leap past the rotund being with his sharp blades, seeking the promised cover of the trees before you.

Falaanla

"Fight! Fight!" you hear your familiar crying out. The small bird takes to the sky, and joins the owl in its circling, though Ithar's circles are wider and more quickly made than those of the larger bird.

Drakkenmaw
posted 01-19-2002 01:21:03 AM
OOC - Rrgh... This could prove less than nice for me. Stupid magic missile.

Consider that if I my character's thoughts dictate it he could take at least one party member with him to the grave, and especially that he does not wish to. Let's try to find a way that all our characters might survive, shall we? People involved in this combat, try and IM me so I don't have to resort to using my backup person the moment after Drakkenclaw is introduced to the party. My IM name is Drakkenmaw.

*sigh* And my introduction I had planned for him would have all the inherent distrust and dislike this one will likely give him, without the accompanying wounds.

All times are US/Eastern
Hop To: