EverCrest Message Forums
You are not logged in. Login or Register.
Author
Topic: Bajah's Dice of Fantasy: Questions and Suggestions
Bajah
Thooooooor
posted 02-19-2007 02:16:58 PM
If you've got questions, ideas, suggestions, etc, let's discuss them here.
Sentow, I Guess
Pancake
posted 03-05-2007 01:42:18 PM
This season I'll be a Gnome Ranger--does this mean I can dual wield wands, and if so, would I get a +2 attack bonus?
KIERKEGAARD

Sigpic shamelessly stolen from Kate Beaton.

Bajah
Thooooooor
posted 03-05-2007 02:27:58 PM
If the wand doesn't say "Main Hand Only," you can dual wield it. Race bonuses are applied to all weapons of that type, if multiples are wielded.

Bajah fucked around with this message on 03-05-2007 at 02:28 PM.

Aaron (the good one)
posted 03-08-2007 06:12:15 PM
Elf
a. Better Than You - After defeating a monster, roll 1d6. On a 6, the Elf gains +1 treasure as they are better than you.

Do I get two of the same item or do I get a +1 to the bonus that item gives or do I get to roll again?

Delidgamond fucked around with this message on 03-08-2007 at 06:14 PM.

Galbadia Hotel - Video Game Music
I am Canadian and I hate The Tragically Hip
Bajah
Thooooooor
posted 03-09-2007 01:18:55 PM
quote:
Out of a possible 10, Delidgamond scored a straight 1 with:
Elf
a. Better Than You - After defeating a monster, roll 1d6. On a 6, the Elf gains +1 treasure as they are better than you.

Do I get two of the same item or do I get a +1 to the bonus that item gives or do I get to roll again?

No, if you'll notice all the monster say "If Defeated, it drops 1 treasure."

On a 6, it would drop 2 treasures. aka rolling twice on the table, like Vorago did.

Bajah
Thooooooor
posted 03-14-2007 09:53:49 PM
I updated the combat rules a bit to explain Single Use Items a little more. Read when you get the chance! It wasn't very clear. I also added some stuff to it to make it more viable and interesting.
Aaron (the good one)
posted 03-16-2007 02:37:54 PM
quote:
# Ring of Battle, +2 to Attack Rolls

# Amulet of Battle, +2 to Attack Rolls

Where do these equip?

Galbadia Hotel - Video Game Music
I am Canadian and I hate The Tragically Hip
Bajah
Thooooooor
posted 03-16-2007 08:16:22 PM
Like WoW, 1 amulet, 2 rings.
Inferno-Spirit
Sports Advocate
posted 03-22-2007 11:28:50 AM
Do equipped items count towards the carrying capacity? It says 3 weapons and 6 items (including shields and armor). If they do this could be pretty restricting.

For example, I could wield a one-handed sword, and 2 rings, 1 amulet, 1 shield, 1 armor.

At this point I'm at 1/3 weapons and 5/6 items. If I have a single-use item, like a potion of cure disease, I'm suddenly incapable of picking anything up without dropping something else, so if I find another single-use item, or replace my armor or weapon I can't even sell it(or the old one).

"He lets the last Hungarian go, and he goes running. He waits until his wife and kids are in the ground and he goes after the rest of the mob. He kills their kids, he kills their wives, he kills their parents and their parents' friends. He burns down the houses they grew up in and the stores they work in, he kills people that owe them money. And like that he was gone. Underground. No one has ever seen him again. He becomes a myth, a spook story that criminals tell their kids at night. 'If you rat on your pop, Keyser Soze will get you.' And nobody really ever believes." - Roger 'Verbal' Kint, The Usual Suspects
Bajah
Thooooooor
posted 03-22-2007 06:53:00 PM
This is assuming you actually accumulate all of that. But now you see the benefit of being a dwarf. Or visiting the merchant to sell stuff.
Palador ChibiDragon
Dismembered
posted 03-30-2007 09:26:06 PM
The powers that rely on other players landing near you and needing your help (Paladin/Cleric) work better for those that can roll early, and check back often. If you can't do that, there's a good chance of missing chances to use those abilities.

Also, those powers become more useful with more players in the game, and less useful with fewer players. What's balanced in one game might not be in the next.

And finally, a question about said powers: Does it matter what chart they're on (do they have to be on the same chart as you), or is ability to reach them all based off of the value of the roll only?

I believe in the existance of magic, not because I have seen proof of its existance, but because I refuse to live in a world where it does not exist.
Jajahotep
Vader to Deth's Obi-wan
posted 04-02-2007 11:20:09 AM
When do we play again?

Bajah
Thooooooor
posted 04-02-2007 12:16:50 PM
I'm working on balancing things a bit more so that no one needs to "keep checking back." I'm also working on trying to make it where there's less rolling required. I may borrow from munchkin a bit more and take out attack rolls entirely, letting everything settle on gear+level+SingleUseItems. It really depends on what the players prefer, though.
Bajah
Thooooooor
posted 04-04-2007 10:05:26 AM
I think I'll put Season 3 in the main forum and see how it does. Any thoughts?
Jajahotep
Vader to Deth's Obi-wan
posted 04-04-2007 11:35:26 AM
quote:
The logic train ran off the tracks when Bajah said:
I think I'll put Season 3 in the main forum and see how it does. Any thoughts?

Yes. Do that.

And soon.

Bajah
Thooooooor
posted 04-04-2007 04:28:06 PM
Season 3 is up in the main forums.
All times are US/Eastern
Hop To: