EverCrest Message Forums
You are not logged in. Login or Register.
Author
Topic: New Befallen, Two Thumbs Up!
Vorago
A completely different kind of Buckethead
posted 07-30-2001 09:27:00 PM
With the exception of the dozen or so 50+ people klling everything for lord knows what reason (Everything is nodrop, so it's not like they are twinking) the new befallen is great

Not sure when they switched it back, since when I went there with Kharak it was skels and rats, but hopefully they will keep it like this.

I had a 4 dorf team (And me) assembled... and we did great, even though the paly didn't speak english, the warrior said he doesn't check the message box much and one of the clerics said he could only afford one spell so he bought his DD.

The 2nd cleric had just got the game and it was his first char, but I liked him since he learned quickly

We were three a solid 45 min trying to get a single freakin' key... no luck

For 30 min a druid was there, wanting a key to, so I just pulled anything could while the nuke-cleric informed me he was OOM every 30 sec or so and the paly spouted ???'s.

Then some big red ogre with cool velious ringmail looking textures spawns... druid trains it on us and gates out... so we killed it, wasn't a pretty fight, it was red to the level 17 in the group.

Overall i like this new befallen, and for once I'm ahppy to have lockpick, as waiting for a key was driving me nuts

If they ever change it bac I will raise hell

Plus I get to collect these cool HEF/DEF/OGR/TRL necklaces, symbols to lanys

Yes, Half Elf is included in that list...

I get this odd feeling that is because of my involvement with the GM event, because for no reason should HEF be normally listed as a race for those being symbols devoted to lanys and all

And then there was the level 8 rogue that said "I know what i'm talking about, look at my stuff"

Apparantly twinking = knowledge

Oh well, I told him good luck and watched his level 8 butt walk right into 2 necros, a SK and those creepy magician skeletons that summon earth elementals... he made it 6 steps and dropped dead

Freakin' amazing exp, even though we were killing mostly blues with assorted greens I got 3 yellow bars of exp in under an hour there

If highpass doesn't work out I plan to go back there

Sarudani Miolnir
Old-school poster
posted 07-30-2001 09:50:00 PM
Interesting, what's it like on the third level?

I went there recently, for the first time since I got my arse handed to me by Captain Swiftwind at 19. I went down to third without any keys, ended up getting a BBC from the SK down there with the keys to get back out. Good to see they've done something to revitalize the zone, I was the only persone in there besides someone camping the spawn for the Paw quest.

Sar...

Maradon!
posted 07-30-2001 10:12:00 PM
Two thumbs down!!

I can't farm bone chips there anymore!! GRAAA!! !!

Somu Icewalker
Also known as Diet Dr. Evil
posted 07-30-2001 10:13:00 PM
The 3rd level = death for most people. Alot of stuff is 40 plus last I check down there. Keep it to the 2nd level. Much better xp without the risk.
Kanid
BANNED
posted 07-30-2001 10:26:00 PM
Change is good. They need to update all the underused zones, like Najena, Emerald Jungle, Swamp of No Hope, etc.

You can farm bone chips until your heart's content in Kurn's Tower :P

"Unlike adults, children have little need to deceive themselves." - Goethe
Happiness is subjective, subject yourself to it whenever possible.
"A man is not old until regrets take the place of dreams." - John Barrymore
Wise men still seek Him.
Sarudani Miolnir
Old-school poster
posted 07-30-2001 10:44:00 PM
quote:
Originally posted by Kanid:
Change is good. They need to update all the underused zones, like Najena, Emerald Jungle, Swamp of No Hope, etc.

Aye, I've spent a good amount of time alone in places where there's good exp to be had. LIO is ok for a level or two, but there are several places with comparable exp/loot that nobody bothers with.

Sar...

Black
The Outlaw Torn
posted 07-30-2001 10:44:00 PM
Yeah? Where can a lv 28 monk solo at?

Time was never on my side.
So on I wait my whole lifetime.

Sarudani Miolnir
Old-school poster
posted 07-30-2001 10:54:00 PM
I did most of 28 soloing mammoths in Everfrost.

Sar..

Black
The Outlaw Torn
posted 07-30-2001 10:55:00 PM
Try Kunark areas. I don't think the Barbarians are ready to let some random IKSAR monk just waltz on in

Time was never on my side.
So on I wait my whole lifetime.

Maradon!
posted 07-30-2001 11:30:00 PM
Fourty plus eh?

Hmm...perhaps I could hunt there...hmm indeed...

Euriped Moped
Pancake
posted 07-30-2001 11:48:00 PM
I am confused.

I know Befallen changed, but then it changed back, did it change again? I know (from the newspapers) that Lanys is no longer welcome in Neriak, so did she go and make her base in befallen again?

Blah, post 50 with two characters and I still don't know anything about the low level dungeons:\

~Euriped
Random Insanity Generator
Condom Ninja El Supremo
posted 07-30-2001 11:59:00 PM
I was there the night it reverted on Bristlebane. I was abusing the palace to PL my Rogue....

I only managed to get one piece of the Pristine armor for her as well.... Just the gloves. I do hope they've changed it back as I'd like to get the rest.

* NullDevice kicks the server. "Floggings will continue until processing power improves!"
-----------------------------------
"That was black magic, and it was easy to use. Easy and fun. Like Legos." -- Harry Dresden
-----------------------------------
That's what playing Ragnarok Online taught me: There's no problem in the universe that can't be resolved by the proper application of daggers to faces.
Jtaio Stormcryer
Pancake
posted 07-31-2001 10:58:00 AM
Not quite post 40, around 30. Everything was green to my level 47, but they are still pretty tough(damage wise). And their is a mob down there who used to have 120k HPs last time I checked. They are also revamping Permafrost.
-Jtaio Stormcryer
very important poster
a sweet title
posted 07-31-2001 11:06:00 AM
NoOooOOOooo...they must not make my PL zones crowded! Im leveling my druid just to use him for PLing in zones like Najena or Upper Guk or Nurga...

Giantt cries

hey
All times are US/Eastern
Hop To: