EverCrest Message Forums
You are not logged in. Login or Register.
Author
Topic: Traveling
diadem
eet bugz
posted 11-13-2017 08:52:55 AM
I'm trying to travel at least once a month if I can.

Last month I was in Germany, Iceland, Oslo, and Prague. Got to met Tarquinn while I was in Essen. He was by far the most "normal" Evercrester I've met so far (and he even put up with the fact I was a brain dead zombie with no sleep the whole time).

This week's trip is to Dallas Fort Worth (Board Game Geek) and I'll be in the Netherlands at the end of the month.

Any Ec'ers in those areas want to show me around?

(have Tennessee, Salt Lake City, and another Iceland trip penciled in for the next couple months, but am open to suggestions)

diadem fucked around with this message on 11-13-2017 at 08:55 AM.

play da best song in da world or me eet your soul
Mortious
Gluttonous Overlard
posted 11-14-2017 03:52:00 AM
Hit up the Red Light District and have a laugh.
Azakias
Never wore the pants, thus still wields the power of unused (_|_)
posted 11-15-2017 05:56:45 AM
I live in DFW, but I'm currently in Pennsylvania for work. Won't be back to DFW til next week, and even then, only a few days.

What are you interested in seeing/doing while there? I'm a homebody but I can probably point you in a good direction.

"Age by age have men stood up and said to the world, 'From what has come before me, I was forged, but I am new and greater than my forebears.' And so each man walks the world in ruin, abandoned and untried. Less than the whole of his being"
Karnaj
Road Warrior Queef
posted 11-15-2017 07:59:11 AM
I've never been, but I have heard that Tennesseein' is Tennebelievin'.
That's the American Dream: to make your life into something you can sell. - Chuck Palahniuk, Haunted

Under capitalism, man exploits man. Under communism, it's just the opposite. - John Kenneth Galbraith

Beer.

diadem
eet bugz
posted 11-15-2017 08:18:52 AM
quote:
This one time, at Azakias camp:
I live in DFW, but I'm currently in Pennsylvania for work. Won't be back to DFW til next week, and even then, only a few days.

What are you interested in seeing/doing while there? I'm a homebody but I can probably point you in a good direction.

Well shoot.

I'm here for Boardgamegeek until Sunday. A few friends and friends of friends know some locals who showed us around (which is why we were at Hard 8 last night instead of the crappy hotel restaurant). That said, if you have any favorite restaurants or whatnot to suggest, I'm all ears.

we would love to check about a good local family diner, but I hear that's not a thing here (chains restaurants only)

Edit: I:ll probably be back next year

diadem fucked around with this message on 11-15-2017 at 08:19 AM.

play da best song in da world or me eet your soul
Azakias
posted 11-16-2017 06:59:47 AM
I definitely recommend the Texas De Brazil in downtown Fort Worth. It can be a little oricey, but I went on a Friday at lunch and it was no reservations required, $25 per person. Totally worth it, but only if you are a carnivore.

A coworker who is from Lebanon swears by a place called Terra, which is on my list of places to visit. It's Lebanese cuisine.

There's a really neat little ice cream shop up in Saginaw. Its called the Ice Cream Gallery and it's locally owned and sourced from a small company nearby, I believe. I take my kids there when they get good report cards and it's pretty good.

There's the Fort Worth Zoo, which is the #5 zoo in the nation. The Dallas World Aquarium is worth a visit, and it's right across the highway from the Perot Museum of Nature and Science, so you can make that a twofer if you're so inclined.

Another place to check out is Grapevine Mills Mall, if you're inclined to shop. The mall is a huge loop, and if you walk the loop one time, you've gone a mile. Lots of shops, and if you go you need to make sure you make a stop at the Rocky Mountain Chocolate Factory. This place can get super crowded on the weekends, just fyi

Hope that helps!

"Age by age have men stood up and said to the world, 'From what has come before me, I was forged, but I am new and greater than my forebears.' And so each man walks the world in ruin, abandoned and untried. Less than the whole of his being"
Azakias
posted 11-16-2017 07:03:59 AM
quote:
Karnaj stumbled drunkenly to the keyboard and typed:
I've never been, but I have heard that Tennesseein' is Tennebelievin'.

I'll keep you in mind when I go back through TN, probably in the summer. I'm working in PA, but I need to bring my truck back to Fort Worth to get it's yearly inspection in the summertime and my route take me through most of TN.

Monica
I've got an owie on my head :(
posted 11-21-2017 05:06:24 PM
quote:
Nobody really understood why diadem wrote:
Well shoot.

I'm here for Boardgamegeek until Sunday. A few friends and friends of friends know some locals who showed us around (which is why we were at Hard 8 last night instead of the crappy hotel restaurant). That said, if you have any favorite restaurants or whatnot to suggest, I'm all ears.

we would love to check about a good local family diner, but I hear that's not a thing here (chains restaurants only)

Edit: I:ll probably be back next year

dude, no. We're on the Dallas side. Diners everywhere. So many restaurants. So. Many.

All times are US/Eastern
Hop To: