EverCrest Message Forums
You are not logged in. Login or Register.
Author
Topic: HHHHNNNNNNNNG
Karnaj
Road Warrior Queef
posted 03-22-2017 02:21:52 PM
I have waited a long time for this moment, and it is finally happening.
That's the American Dream: to make your life into something you can sell. - Chuck Palahniuk, Haunted

Under capitalism, man exploits man. Under communism, it's just the opposite. - John Kenneth Galbraith

Beer.

Callalron3
Pancake
posted 03-22-2017 11:36:28 PM
Excuse me, need to go change my shorts.
Bloodsage
Heart Attack
posted 03-23-2017 12:33:40 PM
Awesome! I hope it makes it past the stupid geofilters here.
To reign is worth ambition, though in Hell:
Better to reign in Hell than serve in Heaven.

--Satan, quoted by John Milton

Cadga Prime
Pancake
posted 03-24-2017 10:42:23 PM
I cant wait. I binged all the old episodes on netflix recently with my son (who is 18 now!)
Mortious
Gluttonous Overlard
posted 03-28-2017 03:23:05 AM
BIG MCLARGEHUGE
Drysart
Pancake
posted 03-28-2017 05:10:13 PM
Watch out for snakes!
Karnaj
Road Warrior Queef
posted 04-11-2017 01:11:09 PM
So because I spent a lot of money on the Kickstarter, I got to watch the first episode on Sunday. Thoughts:
  • Nostalgia aside, it was very well done.
  • The riffing is solid, if a bit more fast-paced than previous seasons, but it is just as mercilessly clever as it ever was.
  • The show retains that hand-built feel, but looks really good HD.
  • And my god, was the movie they riffed hilariously bad. A perfect choice to usher in the new era
  • Patton Oswalt as TV's Son of TV's Frank.
  • It takes some time to get used to the new voices--Jonah and Tom Servo sound kind of similar. Crow, however, sounds perfect.

While I just got access to the other 13 episodes, I'm gonna wait until Friday to watch them on Netflix. I want to make sure that there's a 12th season.

That's the American Dream: to make your life into something you can sell. - Chuck Palahniuk, Haunted

Under capitalism, man exploits man. Under communism, it's just the opposite. - John Kenneth Galbraith

Beer.

Callalron3
Pancake
posted 04-19-2017 12:40:54 AM
I watched the first two episodes over the weekend and was pretty pleased with what I saw. The "look and feel" of the show was spot-on. It still had that local TV station aesthetic while looking wonderful on a hi-def big screen TV.

Jonah is a different kind of host than Mike. Who was different from Joel. But it's all good. Crow and Tom Servo's voices are going to take some getting used to. Bill Corbett's Crow was pretty darn close to Trace's. And Kevin was the only Tom Servo most knew, unless they got on board the show to catch any of the eps that Josh Weinstein did.

The riffing was solid. Nice to see the invention exchange make a comeback. Great to see Pearl, Bobo, and Brain Guy put in an appearance. Patton Oswalt is perfect as TV's Son of TV's Frank. Felicia Day was good. I wonder if there's going to be any character development for her.

Kermitov3
Pancake
posted 06-13-2017 12:33:47 PM
Rowsdower reference, I'm happy.
Maradon!
posted 06-14-2017 08:41:40 AM
My thoughts:

-The band is a perfect new addition
-Felicia Day was born to play a bungling, self-conscious villain
-The host segments seem a lot shorter than in the original show, which is a shame because I think they're very good

All times are US/Eastern
Hop To: