EverCrest Message Forums
You are not logged in. Login or Register.
Author
Topic: So what's everyone doing for a living these days
Azakias
Never wore the pants, thus still wields the power of unused (_|_)
posted 08-23-2016 02:39:48 PM
quote:
Monica's fortune cookie read:
10 whole years! My second anniversary is here in like a month and some change.

Eh, it goes by quick. But not in a bad way.

My first marriage ended in divorce, but the second one stuck. I think the best part of my current marriage is that I honestly don't know which actual day is our anniversary, and neither does he. Its in late June though. I keep count of the actual number of years by tracking our oldest's birthday, because he's a year older than our marriage.

"Age by age have men stood up and said to the world, 'From what has come before me, I was forged, but I am new and greater than my forebears.' And so each man walks the world in ruin, abandoned and untried. Less than the whole of his being"
Monica
I've got an owie on my head :(
posted 08-23-2016 05:43:10 PM
quote:
Azakias spewed forth this undeniable truth:
Eh, it goes by quick. But not in a bad way.

My first marriage ended in divorce, but the second one stuck. I think the best part of my current marriage is that I honestly don't know which actual day is our anniversary, and neither does he. Its in late June though. I keep count of the actual number of years by tracking our oldest's birthday, because he's a year older than our marriage.

I remember that our dating anniversary is the first weekend in November because he got t-boned on his way to vote in the 2012 election the following Tuesday. We had gone on our first date in that car before it got wrecked.

I remember our wedding anniversary because I chose National Taco Day because I don't know how people pick a wedding date.

Karnaj
Road Warrior Queef
posted 08-24-2016 12:13:59 PM
quote:
I remember our wedding anniversary because I chose National Taco Day because I don't know how people pick a wedding date.[/QB]

For traditional weddings, it's relatively simple:

Nice people pick a Saturday. Most convenient for all involved, but most expensive.

Cheap people pick a Sunday. Still on a weekend, but done more as a cost-saving measure than anything else.

People who probably shouldn't be spending a lot of money on a big wedding pick a weekday. Again, really inconvenient for the guests, but saves the couple a lot of money.

Complete assholes pick a holiday. I mean, I could see Halloween if you're really into it, and you allow your guests to come in costumes, but no one wants to attend a 4th of July wedding. Or a Memorial Day wedding. Or Arbor Day? Seriously, fuck you.

That's the American Dream: to make your life into something you can sell. - Chuck Palahniuk, Haunted

Under capitalism, man exploits man. Under communism, it's just the opposite. - John Kenneth Galbraith

Beer.

Monica
I've got an owie on my head :(
posted 08-24-2016 03:23:49 PM
quote:
Karnaj impressed everyone with:
For traditional weddings, it's relatively simple:

Nice people pick a Saturday. Most convenient for all involved, but most expensive.

Cheap people pick a Sunday. Still on a weekend, but done more as a cost-saving measure than anything else.

People who probably shouldn't be spending a lot of money on a big wedding pick a weekday. Again, really inconvenient for the guests, but saves the couple a lot of money.

Complete assholes pick a holiday. I mean, I could see Halloween if you're really into it, and you allow your guests to come in costumes, but no one wants to attend a 4th of July wedding. Or a Memorial Day wedding. Or Arbor Day? Seriously, fuck you.

I'm kicking myself now for not asking you these questions when I got engaged.

Bloodsage
Heart Attack
posted 08-25-2016 10:47:12 AM
quote:
Verily, the chocolate bunny rabbits doth run and play while Monica gently hums:
I remember our wedding anniversary because I chose National Taco Day because I don't know how people pick a wedding date.

Damn--I wish I'd thought of National Taco Day! We picked the Summer Solstice because it seemed easy to remember. Just hit 27 years.

Bloodsage fucked around with this message on 08-25-2016 at 10:47 AM.

To reign is worth ambition, though in Hell:
Better to reign in Hell than serve in Heaven.

--Satan, quoted by John Milton

All times are US/Eastern
Hop To: