EverCrest Message Forums
You are not logged in. Login or Register.
Author
Topic: Skyrim
Mortious
Gluttonous Overlard
posted 11-25-2011 05:31:11 PM
Well the problem is the size of textures loaded into system and video card memory, higher settings (like everything on Ultra) will also have this problem. The bigger textures in the texture mod packs make the problem more apparent as they fill up memory quicker.

Also, stop using my EXE. You may have more luck by letting Steam patch up the game (you may have to verify game cache via Steam) and use the below mod instead which loads the game with Large Address Aware flagged and circumvents Steam via clever programming.

http://www.skyrimnexus.com/downloads/file.php?id=1013

Brahmin Bloodlust
High Priest of Drysart
posted 11-25-2011 07:50:29 PM
quote:
Mortious wrote, obviously thinking too hard:
That's really odd.

Both with laptops? Might be something to do with integrated chipsets.

Oh no, mine was with a desktop. I ended up tricking windows to update it, itself.

Seems to have done the trick and am now on the latest drivers. Slightly noticeable speed boost, about 2 - 3 fps on average.

I'll take all I can get.

Khyron
Hello, my mushy friend...
posted 11-25-2011 08:50:21 PM
So, using a custom script-extender plugin, I am doing a 2-perk-per-level playthrough. So far I really love it. 1 felt too limited =/
Mortious
Gluttonous Overlard
posted 11-26-2011 09:37:53 AM
I've taken my EXE down as it's no longer needed with the updated LAA launcher I posted at the top of page 3.

Also using my EXE will cause you NOT TO GET STEAM ACHIEVEMENTS. SO DON'T USE IT. USE THE ONE ABOVE.

Maradon!
posted 11-28-2011 08:48:52 AM
Is there any difference between Ravage Health and Damage Health?

Ravage actually seems to be weaker which is fairly counterintuitive, especially since the effect is a lot harder to come by.

[edit: I have heard a variety of conflicting theories and none of them seem to be correct. Ravage effects on the player seem to be fast acting DoTs, but the same effects appear instant on NPCs. Health/Magika/Stam totals also seem unaffected, so Ravage does not appear to act like Damage did in oblivion. The only thing that I can think is that Ravage is supposed to do more than it does, but is bugged or unfinished.

Maradon! fucked around with this message on 11-28-2011 at 09:18 AM.

Mortious
Gluttonous Overlard
posted 11-30-2011 04:57:17 PM
Enchanting and Smithing both at 100, used basic enhancement potions on both but didn't cheese it or go overboard.

Still overpowered when you consider it's a one-handed sword imho.

Delphi Aegis
Delphi. That's right. The oracle. Ask me anything. Anything about your underwear.
posted 11-30-2011 06:54:14 PM
Weird, my 1h bonuses must be altering the numbers, because when I forged my Daedric sword, the damage was up in the 200s. :x

Still, 100 smithing/enchanting does get a little.. silly...

Nina
posted 11-30-2011 09:55:46 PM
quote:
Mortious had this to say about Cuba:
With ATI, always follow the three step rule.

• Express uninstall via the ATI uninstaller. Reboot.
  • Run Driver Sweeper to clean out anything leftover from ATI (listed as AMD graphics). Reboot.
  • Install new drivers. Reboot.

Heh, last time I upgraded my drivers for Serious Sam 3, the ATI uninstaller actually crashed. And then it thought it was uninstalled when in truth there was still a bastard half-install left.

How do they manage to get everything about their drivers worse with each iteration?

Random Insanity Generator
Condom Ninja El Supremo
posted 11-30-2011 11:57:00 PM
And people wonder why I've avoided ATI for over a decade.

I'd love it if they'd clean up their driver bullshit... would be nice to have a choice in cards again.

* NullDevice kicks the server. "Floggings will continue until processing power improves!"
-----------------------------------
"That was black magic, and it was easy to use. Easy and fun. Like Legos." -- Harry Dresden
-----------------------------------
That's what playing Ragnarok Online taught me: There's no problem in the universe that can't be resolved by the proper application of daggers to faces.
Mortious
Gluttonous Overlard
posted 12-01-2011 03:07:57 AM
quote:
Delphi Aegis said:
Weird, my 1h bonuses must be altering the numbers, because when I forged my Daedric sword, the damage was up in the 200s. :x

Not possible unless you've modded the game.

Base Deadric sword damage is 15.

You're probably thinking of the Daedric Greatsword.

Willias
Pancake
posted 12-01-2011 04:58:58 PM
quote:
Mortious had this to say about (_|_):
Not possible unless you've modded the game.

Base Deadric sword damage is 15.

You're probably thinking of the Daedric Greatsword.

Max out 1h weapon skill, max out smithing, max out enchanting. Max out the 1h weapon damage perk. Make a suit of armor that jacks up your smithing. Drink a potion to further jack up your smithing. Make a Daedric Sword and enhance the fuck out it. Drink a potion to jack up your enchanting. Put as many +1h weapon damage% modifiers on your main equipment as possible...

And yeah, entirely possible to get a 1h weapon up over 200 damage. Note, this is without cheesing Alchemy and Enchanting.

Edit: Yeah, brother just made a suit of armor and is dual wielding Daedric War Axes that list 316 damage on each. Entirely possible to get 1h weapon damage over 200.

Willias fucked around with this message on 12-01-2011 at 05:04 PM.

Mortious
Gluttonous Overlard
posted 12-01-2011 05:05:42 PM
quote:
Willias said:
Note, this is without cheesing Alchemy and Enchanting.

No, what you described is cheesing. As in, taking it so far to the max as to pretty much strip all challenge from the game.

I drank an enchanting potion and left it at that. I like a challenge. Normal things die in 3-4 hits. Weak things in 1 hit. Dragons in 8 or so and elite mobs can still kill me if I'm stupid. My Smithing and Enchanting skills are at 100. I see no reason to pump them higher. Challenge = fun. Just the way I like it.

Mortious fucked around with this message on 12-01-2011 at 05:06 PM.

Willias
Pancake
posted 12-01-2011 05:16:34 PM
What? No. Using max enchanting, smithing, and alchemy bonuses as intended isn't cheesing. Yeah, it makes your character godlike and if you want a challenge you're going to have to turn up the difficulty, but hey, that's what happens when you make a godlike character.

Cheesing is doing the Enchant/Alchemy cycle over and over until you get enchanting and smithing bonuses so high that you have 1h weapons with over 1000 damage, which again, is entirely possible.

Damnati
Filthy
posted 12-02-2011 07:39:35 PM
I'm still trying to decide if I give a damn that my weapons are grossly overpowered. Frankly, using a daedric bow with no particular enchantment and just the level 100 smithing improvement at level ~20 will drop a dragon in 5 shots.
Love is hard, harder than steel and thrice as cruel. It is as inexorable as the tides and life and death alike follow in its wake. -Phèdre nó Delaunay, Kushiel's Chosen

It is by caffeine alone I set my mind in motion. It is by the beans of Java the thoughts aquire speed, the teeth acquire stains, the stains become a warning. It is by caffeine alone I set my mind in motion.

Maradon!
posted 12-03-2011 09:37:14 AM
You guys realize that this happens in every bethesda game, right?
Mortious
Gluttonous Overlard
posted 12-03-2011 01:40:46 PM
quote:
Maradon! said:
You guys realize that this happens in every bethesda game, right?

The trick is restraining yourself from abusing it.

Delphi Aegis
Delphi. That's right. The oracle. Ask me anything. Anything about your underwear.
posted 12-03-2011 09:51:23 PM
Yeah, I only got my smithing to 100 (On dwarven bows, since there's so much to smelt, tbh), my enchanting to 100 and had a smithing "suit" which had a neck, ring, gloves and chest of +25% to improvement of items for smithing, and got a Daedric sword to 230s.

I wish the shouts were moderately more useful, though. By the time you get enough words to make them useful, you're already high enough level to make them nearly obsolete.

Though, the Marked for Death was nice in the low teens for the Draugr lords..

Vin~
Crack Dealer
First One's Free!
posted 12-07-2011 09:32:18 AM
I just got the marked for death shout on my khajiit assassin, looks pretty sweet. Just gotta find myself a dragon now. Finding myself able to insta-gib guards now with sneak attacks.

Vin~ fucked around with this message on 12-07-2011 at 09:41 AM.

All times are US/Eastern
Hop To: