EverCrest Message Forums
You are not logged in. Login or Register.
Author
Topic: D1ablo 3 invites - 2 only
Peter
Pancake
posted 09-28-2011 03:09:59 PM
The control setup totally feels to me like a console set up, I wouldn't be terribly surprised to see a console release.

I dig the Wizard so far, the super fast regenrating arcane power is nifty, you can either spam away with your basic spells, (Magic missle is pretty much my basic attack now) or pop a few heavier ones and drain your resources for a little bit. Though some of the Melee like skills seem out of place to me, I tend to want everything far far the fuck away from me. Also if I didn't know any better the female wizard's Voice actress is the same one as Azula from Avatar

Also only get one main boss, the skelton king to face, the beta so far is is about only 3 quests into the first act. If you fart around and explaore every inch it's maybe 4 hours of the game?

And I dunno if it's just the beta but your hero's share a common gold pool and stash. And the blacksmith is the same for all your hero's. Noticed this starting a barbarian that I could pull all the crafting stuff out og the stash and craft a set of starting gear easy like.

Peter fucked around with this message on 09-28-2011 at 03:13 PM.

Kegwen
Sonyfag
posted 09-28-2011 06:05:50 PM
quote:
Peter had this to say about (_|_):
The control setup totally feels to me like a console set up, I wouldn't be terribly surprised to see a console release.

http://www.pcgamer.com/2011/09/21/blizzards-d iablo-3-experiments-%E2%80%9Coh-this-feels-even-better-with-direct-control%E2%80%9D/

Sentow, I Guess
Pancake
posted 09-28-2011 06:28:35 PM
quote:
ACES! Another post by Vallo, the Second Coming:
So what are you guys playing as?

How do you like it so far?

I've mostly played the Monk; he's cool! Sort of a Spear Amazon/Paladin hybrid.

I also tried the Witch Doctor, who's the successor to the Necromancer; she has a few pet spells (zombie dogs!) supplemented by an arsenal of DoTs, debuffs, and AoEs. I think I'll like her more once I've unlocked another ability slot or two. Since I'm playing solo atm, I pretty much have to use the dogs to tank, effectively leaving me with a single spell to cast D:

KIERKEGAARD

Sigpic shamelessly stolen from Kate Beaton.

Akiraiu Zenko
Is actually a giddy schoolgirl
posted 09-28-2011 11:26:48 PM
quote:
Sentow, I Guess had this to say about John Romero:
I've mostly played the Monk; he's cool! Sort of a Spear Amazon/Paladin hybrid.

Really? I'd have pegged him for more of an Assassin/Paladin hybrid, with the mantras and the three-hit combos...

The artist formerly known as Zephyer Kyuukaze.
nem-x
posted 09-28-2011 11:27:17 PM
u giev soj

You can teleport directly to other players

Vin~
Crack Dealer
First One's Free!
posted 09-30-2011 02:02:00 AM
Ah, glad you guys finally got it.
nem-x
posted 09-30-2011 11:24:24 PM
Gold is automatically shared across all characters.
The craft npcs also retain their levels across characters
Barbarian is just straight up overpowered compared to everyone else and will probably be nerfed

nem-x fucked around with this message on 09-30-2011 at 11:25 PM.

Sentow, I Guess
Pancake
posted 10-01-2011 01:55:30 AM
Do we have any idea what Versus mode will be? I assume it's like regular multiplayer except you can and are expected to kill each other (or can you already do that?), but I have this naively optimistic vision of objective-based team arena combat a la DOTA.

EDIT: I didn't explore the official website thoroughly enough! Apparently Versus is in fact arena combat, but not DOTA style. Naively optimistic, indeed!

I like the way Followers work now; they're not the disposable mercenary meatshields of D2. They level up alongside you and are even minor characters in the story with dialogue, personality, and history. Well, just a little. I hope they have proper names in the final release; it's feels odd to me to develop a character, even a minor one, and refuse to give him a name other than "Templar."

Speaking of lore, it seems Blizzard wants to retroactively add some depth to the original game's story; apparently, the Warrior-turned-Dark-Wanderer from the previous games is Aidan, King Leoric's son and Prince Albrecht's elder brother. Holy shit! Makes the first game a little more heartbreaking.

Also:

quote:
Barbarian is just straight up overpowered compared to everyone else and will probably be nerfed

Jesus, yes.

EDIT: And another thing!

quote:
Really? I'd have pegged him for more of an Assassin/Paladin hybrid, with the mantras and the three-hit combos...

You could look at it that way, but I believe it's the Demon Hunter who's derived from the Assassin. She's a ranged character rather than a martial artist, but like the Assassin she's a fragile DPS machine with lots of tricks, traps, and acrobatics to back her up.

Sentow, I Guess fucked around with this message on 10-01-2011 at 02:06 AM.

KIERKEGAARD

Sigpic shamelessly stolen from Kate Beaton.

Peter
Pancake
posted 10-03-2011 02:59:28 AM
Not Sure, but the NPC chatter could get annoying after a bit, the templar's "Grrr I am tough lets kill stuff" quips kinda wear after a bit.

Other hand some of the chatter between your guy and him is kinda, nifty? On my monk playthough I kinda liked how it seemed they got into bit of a deeper discussion, better thaan with my Barbarian which was the templer saying stuff and the barbarian more or less grunting.

Akiraiu Zenko
Is actually a giddy schoolgirl
posted 10-03-2011 11:45:49 AM
quote:
Sentow, I Guess had this to say about Reading Rainbow:
You could look at it that way, but I believe it's the Demon Hunter who's derived from the Assassin. She's a ranged character rather than a martial artist, but like the Assassin she's a fragile DPS machine with lots of tricks, traps, and acrobatics to back her up.

Honestly, my take on it had been that both classes drew from different parts of the assassin, the Monk being Assassin/Paladin, and the Demon Hunter being Assassin/Amazon.

But again, that's just what my original take had been.

The artist formerly known as Zephyer Kyuukaze.
Falaanla Marr
I AM HOT CHIX
posted 10-03-2011 08:37:23 PM
So I just got a beta invite.

Gimme names.

Peter
Pancake
posted 10-03-2011 11:17:11 PM
quote:
Zephyer Kyuukaze impressed everyone with:
...Monk being Assassin/Paladin...

I thought the Monk was more Russian/Air bender

the Dashing strike is kinda silly you just bonce all over the place, i have manged to chain mob groups and get 40+ Massacare bonuses.

Tarquinn
Personally responsible for the decline of the American Dollar
posted 10-04-2011 09:49:28 AM
quote:
Falaanla Marr probably says this to all the girls:

Gimme names.

Weren't your parents supposed to do that?
~Never underestimate the power of a Dark Clown.
All times are US/Eastern
Hop To: