EverCrest Message Forums
You are not logged in. Login or Register.
Author
Topic: WoW, Transmogrification, and STYYYYYYLE
Addy
posted 09-11-2011 10:54:39 PM
quote:
And I was all like 'Oh yeah?' and Mr. Parcelan was all like:
WAR? No. I kind of farted out when I realized it was going to be more of the same class-balance shit as WoW. Plus, I really wanted to play a Black Orc and it turns out your entire role as a tank in PvP is kind of based on psychology. If they don't want to fight you, they don't have to and you can't really do shit to make them.

WoW, not in a long time. I have a host of beefs with Cataclysm but they can all be pretty much boiled down to the fact that it's boring as shit.

Sorry, I meant SWTOR

Mr. Parcelan
posted 09-11-2011 11:11:51 PM
Undecided. Ordinarily, I think if the in-game cinematic grossly overshadows the gameplay, it's a bad game. But I've heard things.
Dr. Gee
Say it Loud, Say it Plowed!
posted 09-12-2011 02:29:34 PM
Have you heard good things or bad things?
Mr. Parcelan
posted 09-12-2011 05:50:04 PM
Mostly good things. They say it's less like an MMO and more like a co-op single-player RPG. I couldn't be happier about that, since I'm convinced it's the first two Ms that ruin MMOs.

But at the same time...eh. Post-WoW wariness.

Dr. Gee
Say it Loud, Say it Plowed!
posted 09-12-2011 06:01:34 PM
quote:
Mr. Parcelan was naked while typing this:
They say it's less like an MMO and more like a co-op single-player RPG.

This is also what I've heard and it makes me happy every time I hear it. I really hope that's how it ends up.

Also what made me happy? Not needing to download/use Origin to play the game.

Addy
posted 09-13-2011 01:33:31 AM
quote:
Mr. Parcelan had this to say about Jimmy Carter:
Mostly good things. They say it's less like an MMO and more like a co-op single-player RPG. I couldn't be happier about that, since I'm convinced it's the first two Ms that ruin MMOs.

But at the same time...eh. Post-WoW wariness.

<Them>

Mr. Parcelan
posted 09-13-2011 02:01:05 AM
<Them> is still a genius guild name and it pisses me off that WAR sucked and we wasted it on that.

The best part about WAR was that it had an exceptionally long character limit for names, so I could finally be Doyallwantaham.

Mortious
Gluttonous Overlard
posted 09-13-2011 05:50:05 AM
I really enjoyed WAR as a Chaos Champion until the end game.. which was boring as all fuck.
Falaanla Marr
I AM HOT CHIX
posted 09-13-2011 08:36:02 AM
quote:
Mr. Parcelan had this to say about Punky Brewster:
<Them> is still a genius guild name and it pisses me off that WAR sucked and we wasted it on that.

The best part about WAR was that it had an exceptionally long character limit for names, so I could finally be Doyallwantaham.

Them really was an awesome guild name.

Addy
posted 09-13-2011 05:58:20 PM
I've heard it'd make an awesome Sith guild name, too
Falaanla Marr
I AM HOT CHIX
posted 09-13-2011 07:34:53 PM
quote:
The logic train ran off the tracks when Addy said:
I've heard it'd make an awesome Sith guild name, too

It probably would. I think it should be a Sith guild.

Falaanla Marr fucked around with this message on 09-13-2011 at 07:35 PM.

Nina
posted 09-13-2011 09:25:06 PM
What are everyone's beefs with Cataclysm? I had a blast making a new character and levelling her to 85. Raiding was more fun than it was in Wrath, and I would've stuck around if it wasn't for the fact the only decent Horde guild on my server were a bunch of pricks with the most ungodly raiding schedule.
Random Insanity Generator
Condom Ninja El Supremo
posted 09-13-2011 09:44:32 PM
quote:
Nina had this to say about Robocop:
What are everyone's beefs with Cataclysm? I had a blast making a new character and levelling her to 85. Raiding was more fun than it was in Wrath, and I would've stuck around if it wasn't for the fact the only decent Horde guild on my server were a bunch of pricks with the most ungodly raiding schedule.

Getting to 85 was entertaining (even when it was just the last 5 levels) but then you're stuck with all the Wrath-tards who can't handle shit. Unless you're in a dedicated guild with people who play when you play, you're fucked at 85 for anything else.

Granted a chunk of this is my fault for working Overnights, but even during Wrath I had a hard time finding dedicated players that could work with my schedule.

"God damnit, quit standing in fire!" "STFU noob and heal me!" *stab*

* NullDevice kicks the server. "Floggings will continue until processing power improves!"
-----------------------------------
"That was black magic, and it was easy to use. Easy and fun. Like Legos." -- Harry Dresden
That's what playing Ragnarok Online taught me: There's no problem in the universe that can't be resolved by the proper application of daggers to faces.
Mr. Parcelan
posted 09-13-2011 11:36:25 PM
quote:
Nina wrote this stupid crap:

Shitty end-game content.
Shitty story.
No access to raids for non-poopsockers.

Rodent King
Stabbed in the Eye
posted 09-14-2011 04:05:03 PM
quote:
Nina Model 2000 was programmed to say:

WoW in general became too formulaic. I end-game raided from Vanilla to Hard-Mode Nef (Server first!) and I dropped out when casuals are wearing the same armor models for 1/10th the work and everyone knows the systems now.

PVP? There's a system for that. Wait for the season to start, and begin collecting your points.

Casual PVE? There's a system for that. Wait for the instance to reset, and begin collecting your points.

Hard-Core poopsocker? There's a system for that. Wait for the raid to start, and begin collecting your points.

Do really well in those things? Come get your mount. It'll look exactly like other models, with a different color.

I could go on, but I've got to get back to work. In short; the game lost its mystique and became a laid-out checklist for what you wanted to accomplish.

My inner child is bigger than my outer adult.
Blindy.
Suicide (Also: Gay.)
posted 09-16-2011 12:06:38 PM
I had some fun leading raids and a guild in Wrath- got King Slayer on 3 characters, but I didn't really feel like starting all over again in Cata, and with my daughter I really didn't have the time anyway.
nem-x
posted 09-16-2011 07:32:00 PM
quote:
Blindy. had this to say about Punky Brewster:
my daughter

Random Insanity Generator
Condom Ninja El Supremo
posted 09-16-2011 09:55:39 PM
Yeah, Nem... I had the same reaction when I realized I was the father of a teenager...
* NullDevice kicks the server. "Floggings will continue until processing power improves!"
"That was black magic, and it was easy to use. Easy and fun. Like Legos." -- Harry Dresden
That's what playing Ragnarok Online taught me: There's no problem in the universe that can't be resolved by the proper application of daggers to faces.
All times are US/Eastern
Hop To: