EverCrest Message Forums
You are not logged in. Login or Register.
Author
Topic: You are not repaired...
Maradon!
posted 12-12-2010 09:47:07 AM
A pubbie level 83 bear druid was doing 14k dps while tanking.

And I'm told this is totally normal.

Nina
posted 12-12-2010 11:28:22 AM
Hey Nem, out of curiosity, is your server rather high population?

Medivh Horde is almost deserted, so there is so little offer on the AH that the economy is completely tanked and market prices make absolutely no sense. Nothing worthwhile ever shows up, it sucks. I might have to trade on Alliance side just to get decent money over to Horde side.

nem-x
posted 12-12-2010 05:55:03 PM
Kel'thuzad has free server transfers available because queue times were hitting 3 hours or so
Willias
Pancake
posted 12-12-2010 05:57:09 PM
quote:
Maradon! was listening to Cher while typing:
A pubbie level 83 bear druid was doing 14k dps while tanking.

And I'm told this is totally normal.

Bears are always pretty crazy, since they stack DPS stats.

As a DK, I'm generally pulling 8k or so, though I've pulled 13k+ in situations where I can get full Vengeance and have a ton of things to AoE.

Tanks will be kicking ass until DPS can get their combat ratings back up. Once in raid gear, tanks will be pulling 10-12k DPS with full Vengeance, DPS will be pulling 15k-20k+ depending on fight.

Nina
posted 12-13-2010 06:13:06 PM
quote:
Verily, nem-x doth proclaim:
Kel'thuzad has free server transfers available because queue times were hitting 3 hours or so

Yeah, I'd say that qualifies as high population.

It's sad, really, Medivh is one of the first servers, and used to be the lead Horde server but I guess that kind of decayed over time.

Taeldian
Pancake
posted 12-14-2010 06:58:39 PM
Heroics are actually fun!
nem-x
posted 12-14-2010 11:19:22 PM
Halls of origination is just balls ass long
Dr. Gee
Say it Loud, Say it Plowed!
posted 12-16-2010 03:31:39 PM
Got 40 on my Warrior. Between Devastate and Revenge my DPS went through the fucking roof. I don't think I'll go Fury again until 59 and LOL 2x 2H LOL.

This is even more stupid than leveling my Ret-tank.

Dr. Gee fucked around with this message on 12-16-2010 at 03:33 PM.

Densetsu
NOT DRYSART
posted 12-18-2010 10:08:20 AM
quote:
Tribute? You steal men's Dr. Gees, and make them your slaves!
Got 40 on my Warrior. Between Devastate and Revenge my DPS went through the fucking roof. I don't think I'll go Fury again until 59 and LOL 2x 2H LOL.

This is even more stupid than leveling my Ret-tank.

More like 69.

I was in the Virgin Islands once. I met a girl, we ate lobster, drank piña coladas. At sunset, we made love like sea otters. That was a pretty good day. Why couldn't I get that day over, and over?
nem-x
posted 12-19-2010 02:04:39 AM
Making people mad by not doing anything

Skaw
posted 12-19-2010 03:28:19 AM
Fatty fat fat
Dr. Gee
Say it Loud, Say it Plowed!
posted 12-20-2010 05:58:26 PM
quote:
Densetsu impressed everyone with:
More like 69.

I realized this last night and was greatly saddened.

Mightion Defensor
posted 12-20-2010 06:57:37 PM
I hadn't played my pally in forever - my mage has been my main for literally years. Well, I got her to 85, but in order to get chanting mats and cloth for her to skill up, I decided to start levelling my pally today.

Keep in mind my pally wasn't even geared to do much of anything in LK, not to mention the various forced respecs. So, I loaded him up today and filled up his ret talent trees, and realized afterwards I had two toolbars full of skills I didn't know how to use, so this should be fun.

Blindy.
Suicide (Also: Gay.)
posted 12-21-2010 03:11:53 AM
My frost dk was pulling 15 to 30 k dps tonight.

Retarded.

Random Insanity Generator
Condom Ninja El Supremo
posted 12-21-2010 12:07:19 PM
I am REALLY beginning to hate the new random setup.

Person A selects Tank. Person A is a Tank and can do the job and has made proper gear choices. Other than DPS possibly being stupid, Group A is a successful random run.

Persons B through G also select Tank. But they're not tanks. They're wearing DPS gear. But they meet the minimum iLv average and want faster queue times. Because Blizzard has said "it's the stance/shapeshift/presence that makes you a tank" these jackholes are flooding the queue and are a total motherfucker to heal. And that's with PERFECT DPS who know not to stand in fire.

Makes me wish I played during "regular" hours. Get a guild group going that's not full of suck and fail.

* NullDevice kicks the server. "Floggings will continue until processing power improves!"
-----------------------------------
"That was black magic, and it was easy to use. Easy and fun. Like Legos." -- Harry Dresden
That's what playing Ragnarok Online taught me: There's no problem in the universe that can't be resolved by the proper application of daggers to faces.
Peter
Pancake
posted 12-22-2010 02:24:01 PM
quote:
Blindy. stopped staring at Deedlit long enough to write:
My frost dk was pulling 15 to 30 k dps tonight.

Retarded.

? seems kinda right to me. Given the rather huge bump to the gear you should be doing around double DPS if no a bit more.

Maradon!
posted 12-25-2010 10:24:02 AM
quote:
Petering:
huge bump to the gear

Actually, when you level from 80-85 you lose about 40% of your DPS, even despite new abilities and massively better gear. Most classes won't regain level 80 raid level DPS until you're just about geared up for heroics, and you won't significantly surpass wrath levels until you've been running heroics for a while.

The reason for the auto-nerf is the rating system. A five level difference means that it automatically takes a great deal more of every type of rating to achieve the same combat effect. Classes that benefit a lot from crit, haste or hit watch their DPS levels plummet with every ding. Classes and spec that are least affected - bear druids, frost DK's, etc. - end up doing just about wrath level DPS in most cases. It will take a lot of raiding to balance the classes again.

Maradon! fucked around with this message on 12-25-2010 at 10:25 AM.

Peter
Pancake
posted 12-25-2010 08:10:53 PM
quote:
Maradon! had this to say about John Romero:

Haven't seen this to much, but my main dps is a frost DK so i benifit from y needed stats not changeing. I figure some players are not adjusting to new stats as an issue, such as a guildie ret totally ignoreing haste as a stat and wondering why geared in heroics he is seems to be missing some DPS. rather than properly trying to gear crusader strike down to a 3 sec cool down and generate more holy power. rather than say stack mastery and hope rng grants you more procs.

Maradon!
posted 12-25-2010 09:14:52 PM
Mastery is the worst DPS stat for just about every class and spec. In most cases it's really only there as reforge fodder.

Maradon! fucked around with this message on 12-25-2010 at 09:15 PM.

Random Insanity Generator
Condom Ninja El Supremo
posted 12-25-2010 09:46:16 PM
Yeah but it's kinda nasty for a one-shot Heroic recovery.

Mastery (+20% healing at my current state) + Tree of Life + Wild Growth + Tranquility generally means everyone goes from 5% HP to 95% HP....

And it was the only way I could cover the output from the last boss in Heroic Tol'vir. I need gear upgrades and nothing ever wants to drop, most groups wipe once on the first boss and quit preventing at least minor JP farming. Fuckers.

* NullDevice kicks the server. "Floggings will continue until processing power improves!"
"That was black magic, and it was easy to use. Easy and fun. Like Legos." -- Harry Dresden
That's what playing Ragnarok Online taught me: There's no problem in the universe that can't be resolved by the proper application of daggers to faces.
Vallo, the Second Coming
Pancake
posted 12-29-2010 10:24:19 AM
quote:
Maradon! had this to say about the Spice Girls:
Actually, when you level from 80-85 you lose about 40% of your DPS, even despite new abilities and massively better gear. Most classes won't regain level 80 raid level DPS until you're just about geared up for heroics, and you won't significantly surpass wrath levels until you've been running heroics for a while.

The reason for the auto-nerf is the rating system. A five level difference means that it automatically takes a great deal more of every type of rating to achieve the same combat effect. Classes that benefit a lot from crit, haste or hit watch their DPS levels plummet with every ding. Classes and spec that are least affected - bear druids, frost DK's, etc. - end up doing just about wrath level DPS in most cases. It will take a lot of raiding to balance the classes again.

Alls I know is, I never hit 18k DPS in WotLK

"We are just an advanced breed of monkeys on a minor planet of a very average star. But we can understand the Universe. That makes us something very special."
Mr. Parcelan
posted 12-29-2010 03:55:24 PM
quote:
Maradon! has the right stuff
Mastery is the worst DPS stat for just about every class and spec. In most cases it's really only there as reforge fodder.

Pretty good for those of us with passive masteries, like Assassin Rogues.

Rodent King
Stabbed in the Eye
posted 01-02-2011 02:22:00 PM
We've finished every boss on normal 25-man, going to start hard modes next week. Overall I started heroics and was happy with the more difficult style of healing as a Holy Priest.

My only worry was that other classes wouldn't be as difficult, and I would have a hard time keeping up in raids. Not the case.

I'm regularly topping healing meters, and with decent trinkets timed with mana tide totems and other cooldowns I'm normally pretty good for mana in most fights.

Overall we're back in the good ole' WoW times. Just wish they'd put 10-mans back into their rightful place.

Oh, and they need to drop the current standard of 5 set pieces with a 4-piece bonus. I like the older times of 8 pieces with 3, 6, and 8 piece bonuses that provided imaginative benefits, rather than a blanket 5% buff to each class's main ability.

My inner child is bigger than my outer adult.
Falaanla Marr
I AM HOT CHIX
posted 01-02-2011 07:00:43 PM
quote:
Rodent King had this to say about Cuba:
Just wish they'd put 10-mans back into their rightful place.

No they don't. 10 mans don't need to go back to being something that is regarded as lower tier along with being something you're forced to do so that you can grind up gear faster if you want to raid 25 man. Doing the same content twice in one week, just once with less people, is not fun. Now, I could maybe get behind it if they made a few 10 man dungeons and a few 25s that were DIFFERENT, with different lockouts and such. Sure, you'd still be required to do all of them to be able to stay a part of any remotely serious raid guild, but at least the experience would be different.

The change to 10 mans and 25 mans being separate raids is a GOOD thing. That way you aren't required to spend 4-5 days raiding if you want to do 25 man content at optimal performance levels. What sucked about the old setup was that 10 mans often had certain key pieces of BiS loot that wasn't available in 25 mans. Trinkets were often a big one for this type of thing, with little to no options outside of 10s.

In the end, it i a good thing that Blizzard is giving people a chance to choose while still being able to be a part of a raiding guild, while not forcing them to grind the same content twice a week. I know people say "But you aren't FORCED to grind the content, it is your choice!"

While that comment IS true, and nobody is forcing you to do it, most guilds that take raiding somewhat seriously, would take a person who ground 10s and 25s over someone who just did 25s. The guilds that don't have that unwritten rule often aren't able to advance as fast, or perform nearly as well. It almost seems stuff was tuned for people that did both in a week.

While there's the whole aspect of "You should have to work to do heroics", there's also the "This is a fucking game and not a second job" perspective. I shouldn't have to play 5+ days a week at 5-6+ hours a day just to get to raid 25 man content. As it is, you have to invest 15+ hours if your guild only runs 3 times a week. That doesn't count time farming materials for flasks, enchants, gems, etc. I think that puts it on enough of a pedastal so that elite raiders can continue to feel they're above the general populace of WoW while still allowing for somewhat less hardcore types to experience a majority of the content.

Gone are the days of Everquest, where you had to shit in a sock for 8+ hours a day to have a chance of tasting the end game. And that's a GOOD thing.

Falaanla Marr fucked around with this message on 01-02-2011 at 07:08 PM.

Rodent King
Stabbed in the Eye
posted 01-03-2011 11:59:57 AM
I was being too vague by my comment, the endgame raids becoming more accessible to most players is a good thing. I would like to see 10-mans changed to being like a WoW Raiding-lite version.

It's naive to say that 10's and 25's are equal in difficulty. I've ran with both sizes, and some fights are easier/harder in both versions. That's not what I take issue with.

I feel that 10-mans should drop the same gear, just on a lower item level. That would make for 3 versions of each piece. Weaker items drop for 10-man raids, average items drop in 25-man normals and 10-man hard modes, and top-quality items drop in 25-man hard modes.

If nothing else, they should go back to separating the achievements and server-first kills between 10 and 25 player raids. I'm not too hung up on the gear aspect.

My inner child is bigger than my outer adult.
Kegwen
Sonyfag
posted 01-03-2011 09:31:05 PM
As you know, WOTLK was basically that. They changed it because people felt obligated to raid the same place 4+ nights on varying difficulties with the same character just to keep up. If it were "raiding lite" people would still go to fill in the blanks of gear they aren't winning, and the system would be essentially remain unchanged.

There are ways around that, but none of the solutions make anyone but the the top like <1% happy. Very few guilds have the skills to heard that many cats consistently and without stupid Internet drama.

Kegwen fucked around with this message on 01-03-2011 at 09:36 PM.

Mr. Parcelan
posted 01-04-2011 01:16:25 AM
The dungeons will be nerfed and they should be.

The less catering is done to "hardcores," the better.

Willias
Pancake
posted 01-04-2011 09:27:50 AM
I'm not sure if heroics should be nerfed.

The raids basically require that you're able to play your class very well, and be able to react to certain things on the fly.

With the way heroics are set up now, they're fantastic places to practice how to play your character without getting raped up the ass by a giant dragon over and over.

Only problem is, most people suck and don't give a damn. Those people won't be raiding either though, or at least won't get anything productive done if they try. Or at least that's why my guild is experiencing at the moment. Worst thing is, those same people are getting really pissed off about not being able to raid. I guess they don't quite understand that 6k DPS is not going to cut it in the new content.

Willias fucked around with this message on 01-04-2011 at 09:28 AM.

Damnati
Filthy
posted 01-04-2011 12:02:29 PM
Anybody know the Destruction Warlock rotation/priorities post-Cata?
Love is hard, harder than steel and thrice as cruel. It is as inexorable as the tides and life and death alike follow in its wake. -Phèdre nó Delaunay, Kushiel's Chosen

It is by caffeine alone I set my mind in motion. It is by the beans of Java the thoughts aquire speed, the teeth acquire stains, the stains become a warning. It is by caffeine alone I set my mind in motion.

Kegwen
Sonyfag
posted 01-04-2011 12:42:22 PM
I'm sure EJ does
Peter
Pancake
posted 01-04-2011 11:47:15 PM
quote:
Mr. Parcelan had this to say about pies:
The dungeons will be nerfed and they should be.

The less catering is done to "hardcores," the better.

I don't see the heroics as hardcore. I like them as is, and face it as the gear does it massive leaps over the year they will get easier.

I mean how hard is it to really cc or intteruppt once in a while? OMFG so you are dropping a DPS cooldown. Don't stand in stupi, avoid tail swipes an cleaves. Holy shit you are learning more and more about how DPS should roll when in a raid. And fuck healing was boreing as shit before, now seems tis a bit more active job.

Plus it isn't impossible to do the wrath style zerg ing of instances, been in a few regs and heroics were the prot warrior just charges right on in and goes wild saying fuck CC.

Vorago
A completely different kind of Buckethead
posted 01-09-2011 01:54:31 PM
Hah wtf

Got emails today saying all my characters were GM restored on my WoW account and my account is now under investigation, in order to get y new login info I have to call or snailmail them for security reasons

I haven't played since like 2 months after Burning Crusade came out... so talk about weird timing that somehow it gets compromised NOW after all this time

Is there some "old accounts temp reactivated" thing going on or whatnot? I find the idea that someone had to reactivate my account first in order to troll it sort of hilarious otherwise, my guys being in shitty ass BWL epics and whatnot

Tempted to call their tech support just to find out exactly what happened out of curiosity sake

Vorago
A completely different kind of Buckethead
posted 01-09-2011 02:13:32 PM
Aha, seems they added the 10 day WotLK free trial to it to re-activate. Friggin hilarious
nem-x
posted 01-13-2011 02:50:39 AM
All times are US/Eastern
Hop To: