EverCrest Message Forums
You are not logged in. Login or Register.
Author
Topic: So when did everyone vanish
Brahmin Bloodlust
High Priest of Drysart
posted 10-29-2007 05:12:20 PM
I come out of habit and sandwiches.

ECET was a blast though.

Bajah
Thooooooor
posted 10-29-2007 05:57:09 PM
I couldn't get into ECET. I even only played a few times and didn't even really get to learn how to play ET due to some constant whiners running about. I won't name names. It drained the fun levels, though.
Willias
Pancake
posted 10-29-2007 06:13:21 PM
quote:
We were all impressed when Bajah wrote:
I couldn't get into ECET. I even only played a few times and didn't even really get to learn how to play ET due to some constant whiners running about. I won't name names. It drained the fun levels, though.

On Fuel Dump map, I remember running into the Allied spawn tunnel as a medic, turning on Adren, and then mowing down the entire Allied team single-handed and then running back out. I survived with like 5 HP.

I think everyone on the Allied team dropped game after that.

Demos
Pancake
posted 10-29-2007 08:17:01 PM
There was a lot of angst over medic survivability. I just remember getting nagged at for using the mortar on gold rush to spam outside one (of multiple) spawn exits.
"Jesus saves, Buddha enlightens, Cthulhu thinks you'll make a nice sandwich."
Mortious
Gluttonous Overlard
posted 10-29-2007 09:32:35 PM
I remember the time I was incredibly bored, so I joined ECET and continually flamethrower'ed my own team to death at the spawn point. Delphi went apeshit and was ranting and raving, frothing at the mouth, over chat because of my shinanegans.

Good times.

Delphi Aegis
Delphi. That's right. The oracle. Ask me anything. Anything about your underwear.
posted 10-29-2007 09:45:26 PM
quote:
Mortious had this to say about Tron:
I remember the time I was incredibly bored, so I joined ECET and continually flamethrower'ed my own team to death at the spawn point. Delphi went apeshit and was ranting and raving, frothing at the mouth, over chat because of my shinanegans.

Good times.

Haha, yeah. I was a pretty big douchebag back then. In retrospect, I feel bad, but we did have a lot of fun every now and again on the server.

Kegwen
Sonyfag
posted 10-29-2007 09:53:54 PM
quote:
Mortious was listening to Cher while typing:

Good times.

To be fair, I'd be pretty pissed about that, too. Even now.

Team killing is dumb

Mortious
Gluttonous Overlard
posted 10-29-2007 09:59:39 PM
quote:
Kegwen said:
To be fair, I'd be pretty pissed about that, too. Even now.

Team killing is dumb

In a clan, public game, or tournament match? It's dumb.

Amongst friends purely to piss them off? It's great. Everyone knew I was just messing around. I didn't get banned.

Steven Steve
posted 10-29-2007 10:08:57 PM
I was mediocre to good in every EC game I played
"Absolutely NOTHING [will stop me from buying Diablo III]. I will buy it regardless of what they do."
- Grawbad, Battle.net forums

"Don't want to sound like a fanboy, but I am with you. I'll buy it for sure, it's just a matter of for how long I will be playing it..."
- Silvast, Battle.net forums

Karnaj
Road Warrior Queef
posted 10-30-2007 09:08:06 AM
I thought the BF1942 and later the DC server was the pinnacle of fun. I recall one time Soldar and myself just bullshitted (bullshat?) for like three hours on one map, seeing what kind of strange things we could do with the vehicles and whatnot. Another time it was myself, Nem, and someone else on the Battleaxe map, just flying all over the place.

And Desert Combat was just insanely fun, especially if Nem was on your side and in a helicopter.

That's the American Dream: to make your life into something you can sell. - Chuck Palahniuk, Haunted

Under capitalism, man exploits man. Under communism, it's just the opposite. - John Kenneth Galbraith

Beer.

Monica
I've got an owie on my head :(
posted 10-30-2007 09:50:56 AM
I was always really terrible at ET, so I'd just put land mines everywhere.
Soldar
I'll take two of anything, please. To go.
posted 11-01-2007 08:23:59 PM
quote:
Karnaj had this to say about Jimmy Carter:
I thought the BF1942 and later the DC server was the pinnacle of fun. I recall one time Soldar and myself just bullshitted (bullshat?) for like three hours on one map, seeing what kind of strange things we could do with the vehicles and whatnot. Another time it was myself, Nem, and someone else on the Battleaxe map, just flying all over the place.

And Desert Combat was just insanely fun, especially if Nem was on your side and in a helicopter.

I remember that.

Maradon!
posted 11-01-2007 11:10:00 PM
quote:
x--SoldarO-('-'Q) :
I remember that.

hoooooooooly shit

lose your password again?

BeauChan
Objects in sigpic may be hammier than they appear
posted 11-02-2007 07:10:13 PM
quote:
Mix `Doc with water, and you get:
I only really pop in out of habit, triggered either by boredom or by the search for a quick stress breaker. My evenings & weekends are pretty busy these days, so I don't spend much time at the computer outside of work anymore.

Pretty much.

Endured by EC for over 7 years and counting...
Adria
Pancake
posted 11-03-2007 01:46:56 AM

My head is full of things, really.

Adria fucked around with this message on 11-03-2007 at 01:47 AM.

Alidane
Urinary Tract Infection
posted 11-03-2007 02:19:32 AM
It's still bookmarked, so I gots to keep clickin'.
Soldar
I'll take two of anything, please. To go.
posted 11-03-2007 06:12:54 PM
quote:
Maradon! had this to say about John Romero:
hoooooooooly shit

lose your password again?

A couple times.

All times are US/Eastern
Hop To: