EverCrest Message Forums
You are not logged in. Login or Register.
Author
Topic: FFT: The War of the Lions
Azymyth
Not gay; just weird
posted 10-29-2007 03:03:16 AM
Is there another place to get a Masamune then? Kinda pointless to have the Samurai skill when you can't even get the damn sword.
I suffer from CRS: Can't Remember Shit.

Sig pic done by the very talented SJen!

Ferret
Poing! Poing!
posted 10-29-2007 08:19:15 AM
Equip Catch.

Find level 99 ninjas.

Immobilize ninjas stand two spaces away.

Swords rain like candy.

Arttemis
Not Squire... but a guitar!
posted 10-29-2007 12:11:40 PM
quote:
Azymyth was naked while typing this:
Is there another place to get a Masamune then? Kinda pointless to have the Samurai skill when you can't even get the damn sword.

You can steal one in Beowulf's sidequest at Lionel Castle.

Densetsu
NOT DRYSART
posted 10-30-2007 01:50:59 PM
quote:
It was not by my hand that I am once again given flesh! I was called here by Arttemis who wishes to pay me tribute!
You can steal one in Beowulf's sidequest at Lionel Castle.

Having an alternate way to get the Masamune and not being able to steal from Elmdore DOES make that battle seem like it would be loads easier.

But is there an alternate way to obtain the Genji Gear?

I was in the Virgin Islands once. I met a girl, we ate lobster, drank piña coladas. At sunset, we made love like sea otters. That was a pretty good day. Why couldn't I get that day over, and over?
Arttemis
posted 10-30-2007 01:56:46 PM
quote:
Everyone wondered WTF when Densetsu wrote:
Having an alternate way to get the Masamune and not being able to steal from Elmdore DOES make that battle seem like it would be loads easier.

But is there an alternate way to obtain the Genji Gear?

Only the armor, also in Beowulf's quest.

The Shield and Helm are unobtainable as far as I have been able to figure out.

Naimah
In a Fire
posted 10-30-2007 05:30:03 PM
I think you can get them in Rondevouzes, or however you spell that French word.
Azymyth
Not gay; just weird
posted 10-30-2007 08:43:15 PM
Wait... Lionel?

Does Beowulf have a second set of side-quests because the battles towards Reis take place in Goland.

Akiraiu Zenko
Is actually a giddy schoolgirl
posted 10-30-2007 09:30:15 PM
quote:
Verily, Azymyth doth proclaim:
Wait... Lionel?

Does Beowulf have a second set of side-quests because the battles towards Reis take place in Goland.

Yep. Bitch gets kidnapped again.

The artist formerly known as Zephyer Kyuukaze.
Azymyth
Not gay; just weird
posted 10-31-2007 01:03:01 AM
quote:
Zephyer Kyuukaze wrote, obviously thinking too hard:
Yep. Bitch gets kidnapped again.

Huh. I don't think that's ever happened to me before.

Edit: Does it happen before or after you return her to human?

Azymyth fucked around with this message on 10-31-2007 at 01:03 AM.

Arttemis
posted 10-31-2007 01:06:49 AM
quote:
Azymyth was listening to Cher while typing:
Huh. I don't think that's ever happened to me before.

Edit: Does it happen before or after you return her to human?

Afterwards. I think it's new for the PSP version.

Azymyth
Not gay; just weird
posted 10-31-2007 01:14:50 AM
Hmm. I'll have to be on the look out then. I've traveled to Lionel and nothing's happened yet.

Arttemis
posted 11-02-2007 12:58:41 AM
Has anyone else run in to a random battle where you're joined by guest monsters? I just stumbled in to one at Belias Tor... I've got a Black Chocobo and a Greater Hydra on my side against a shitton of dragons, hydras, and behemoths.
Tier
posted 11-02-2007 01:28:04 AM
Happened a few times to me on the PS1 version as well. Some randomass chocobos helping against other chocobos.
LeMiere
posted 11-02-2007 02:27:20 AM
quote:
Azymyth spewed forth this undeniable truth:
Hmm. I'll have to be on the look out then. I've traveled to Lionel and nothing's happened yet.

You have to complete Mullonde first. You can get another one of those reraise perfumes as well. (Chantage?)

Azymyth
Not gay; just weird
posted 11-05-2007 12:20:28 AM
Yeah. So I just beat the game. Even without going through the Midlight's Deep (wtf), I forgot how utterly sad the final boss is.

After I beat the game, it saves but I can see no differences. Anyone know if it unlocks anything?

Damnati
Filthy
posted 11-05-2007 02:08:26 AM
Do Reis's skills only work on monsters or summat?
Love is hard, harder than steel and thrice as cruel. It is as inexorable as the tides and life and death alike follow in its wake. -Phèdre nó Delaunay, Kushiel's Chosen

It is by caffeine alone I set my mind in motion. It is by the beans of Java the thoughts aquire speed, the teeth acquire stains, the stains become a warning. It is by caffeine alone I set my mind in motion.

Azymyth
Not gay; just weird
posted 11-05-2007 02:20:33 AM
They only work on Dragons.

Damnati
Filthy
posted 11-05-2007 02:50:38 AM
quote:
Azymyth enlisted the help of an infinite number of monkeys to write:
They only work on Dragons.

I knew they looked way too good to be true...

Love is hard, harder than steel and thrice as cruel. It is as inexorable as the tides and life and death alike follow in its wake. -Phèdre nó Delaunay, Kushiel's Chosen

It is by caffeine alone I set my mind in motion. It is by the beans of Java the thoughts aquire speed, the teeth acquire stains, the stains become a warning. It is by caffeine alone I set my mind in motion.

Densetsu
NOT DRYSART
posted 11-06-2007 07:56:24 PM
I couldn't stand it any longer and went and bought a used PSP (making it my second PSP after selling off my first one) just so that I can play War of the Lions.

Pity me.

I was in the Virgin Islands once. I met a girl, we ate lobster, drank piña coladas. At sunset, we made love like sea otters. That was a pretty good day. Why couldn't I get that day over, and over?
Alaan
posted 11-06-2007 09:47:15 PM
quote:
So quoth Densetsu:
I couldn't stand it any longer and went and bought a used PSP (making it my second PSP after selling off my first one) just so that I can play War of the Lions.

Pity me.

Get Disgaea too. It is a fantastic port.

Mr. Gainsborough
posted 11-06-2007 10:47:02 PM
For serious. Disgaea is A++.
Tier
posted 11-06-2007 10:52:47 PM
Good luck finding it at a reasonable price now, though.
Mr. Gainsborough
posted 11-06-2007 10:56:51 PM
quote:
Asha'man had this to say about (_|_):
Good luck finding it at a reasonable price now, though.

For PSP? Also, Disgaea prices for PS2 are retardedly low ever since the second printing. I've seen it for 20-30. We have one for 35 at my Gamestop.

Tier
posted 11-06-2007 11:06:06 PM
That's good to know. Will have to look into it.
Ferret
Poing! Poing!
posted 11-06-2007 11:37:41 PM
No reason to get the PS2 version over PSP unless you don't have a PSP.

Etna Mode and the ability to turn off attack animations are in the PSP version.

Zair
The Imp
posted 11-06-2007 11:49:30 PM
If you play Disgaea, I hope you like grinding.

Maybe I just suck at the game, but I got pretty far in then hit a wall where I couldn't really get any further short of grinding (not even mentioning the dull item world thing).

I found the rest of the game not really engaging enough to warrant the grinding, so I stopped.

But, hey, I had screwed up my team pretty badly at that point, where Laharl was my only character that could kill stuff(but he was damn good at it), and he was some sort of make-it-or-break-it superhero that I would either win or lose by. So maybe the key is just to play smarter =)

Azymyth
Not gay; just weird
posted 11-07-2007 12:00:37 AM
For the story mode, you shouldn't really need to do a lot of grinding. For everything else (Item World, special stages, etc), yeah you'll need to grind.

Naimah
In a Fire
posted 11-07-2007 12:35:29 AM
quote:
Zair probably says this to all the girls:
If you play Disgaea, I hope you like grinding.

Maybe I just suck at the game, but I got pretty far in then hit a wall where I couldn't really get any further short of grinding (not even mentioning the dull item world thing).

I found the rest of the game not really engaging enough to warrant the grinding, so I stopped.

But, hey, I had screwed up my team pretty badly at that point, where Laharl was my only character that could kill stuff(but he was damn good at it), and he was some sort of make-it-or-break-it superhero that I would either win or lose by. So maybe the key is just to play smarter =)

You just don't like the game then. Nothing wrong with that. Some people get a stiffy seeing 100k atk though. Even if it does take forever to get to that point.

Inferno-Spirit
Sports Advocate
posted 11-07-2007 01:04:35 AM
Disgaea is an easy game to play through once without any real grind and just enjoy for the plot and the gameplay. High levels and equipment are all that really matter (other than tactics during battle) so keep your team relatively small (2 or 3 units and the main three characters) so you can keep them well geared/leveled.

It's also very capable of being overplayed if you like that kind of thing. Not many SRPGs handle that very well, or at least as well as Disgaea does.

"He lets the last Hungarian go, and he goes running. He waits until his wife and kids are in the ground and he goes after the rest of the mob. He kills their kids, he kills their wives, he kills their parents and their parents' friends. He burns down the houses they grew up in and the stores they work in, he kills people that owe them money. And like that he was gone. Underground. No one has ever seen him again. He becomes a myth, a spook story that criminals tell their kids at night. 'If you rat on your pop, Keyser Soze will get you.' And nobody really ever believes." - Roger 'Verbal' Kint, The Usual Suspects
Akiraiu Zenko
Is actually a giddy schoolgirl
posted 11-07-2007 04:14:51 AM
In the original Disgaea, Ninja + Axe is made of win.

Ninjas are insane, due to thier massive SPD which makes them almost impossible to hit.

The artist formerly known as Zephyer Kyuukaze.
All times are US/Eastern
Hop To: