EverCrest Message Forums
You are not logged in. Login or Register.
Author
Topic: Game Reviews
Hostile Makeover
Evil as chocolate covered thistles
posted 12-24-2006 05:45:27 PM
quote:
There was much rejoicing when Mortious said this:
I demand a video of you in your Colonel dress uniform, bouncing happily on the couch and giggling at whacking enemies with a shovel in that game.

That's exactly the mental image I got while reading the review.

Bloodsage
Heart Attack
posted 12-25-2006 06:43:27 PM
It's fun, dammit!

Just getting into Gears of War, too. It's gorgeous, and it's nice to see a shooter that emphasizes something other than bunny hopping. Even the 3rd person view is only a slight downer.

There's only two things that bug me: you're too obviously on rails in terms of there being one, and only one, path available, and good GOD, man, take your fucking hand off your ear when you talk on the radio!

Ahem. Sorry, it's a professional thing.

To reign is worth ambition, though in Hell:
Better to reign in Hell than serve in Heaven.

--Satan, quoted by John Milton

Skaw
posted 12-25-2006 07:20:12 PM
Nitpick much? Onos, a shooter where theres only one true path. Haven't seen that before.
Maradon!
posted 12-25-2006 07:31:09 PM
Is Viva Pinata an XBLA game?
Ozimander
$$$$$$$$$$$
posted 12-25-2006 07:38:53 PM
quote:
Skaw had this to say about Robocop:
Nitpick much? Onos, a shooter where theres only one true path. Haven't seen that before.

You're a moron.

Maradon!
posted 12-25-2006 07:49:36 PM
quote:
x--OzimanderO-('-'Q) :
You're a moron.

He's right, though. I can't think of a single "rail-less" shooter except maybe Far Cry which which kinda had rails of it's own sort anyway.

Densetsu
NOT DRYSART
posted 12-25-2006 08:08:57 PM
quote:
It was not by my hand that I am once again given flesh! I was called here by Maradon! who wishes to pay me tribute!
Is Viva Pinata an XBLA game?

No.

I was in the Virgin Islands once. I met a girl, we ate lobster, drank piƱa coladas. At sunset, we made love like sea otters. That was a pretty good day. Why couldn't I get that day over, and over?
Bloodsage
Heart Attack
posted 12-25-2006 09:25:42 PM
quote:
Quoth Maradon!:
He's right, though. I can't think of a single "rail-less" shooter except maybe Far Cry which which kinda had rails of it's own sort anyway.

I've played quite a few where it wasn't nearly so blatant, though. Moving from area to area, sure. Having exactly one set of corridors available to transit through the building? Not so much. It completely removes any feeling of exploration.

To reign is worth ambition, though in Hell:
Better to reign in Hell than serve in Heaven.

--Satan, quoted by John Milton

Gadani
U
posted 12-25-2006 10:05:20 PM
What really grinds my Gears (oho!) is when a character is talking on the radio, he can't run. Or shoot. He can only walk around and listen. I've gotten killed because of that shit before.
Ozimander
$$$$$$$$$$$
posted 12-26-2006 12:56:47 AM
quote:
Nobody really understood why Bloodsage wrote:
I've played quite a few where it wasn't nearly so blatant, though. Moving from area to area, sure. Having exactly one set of corridors available to transit through the building? Not so much. It completely removes any feeling of exploration.

Correct. My earlier statement remains in full effect.

Greenlit
posted 12-26-2006 02:00:05 PM
quote:
Gadani said this about your mom:
What really grinds my Gears (oho!) is when a character is talking on the radio, he can't run. Or shoot. He can only walk around and listen. I've gotten killed because of that shit before.

..how?

I can't think of a single time where it forces you into walk-talk mode where there's an enemy for MILES around.

Gadani
U
posted 12-26-2006 02:40:25 PM
quote:
Greenlit had this to say about Jimmy Carter:
..how?

I can't think of a single time where it forces you into walk-talk mode where there's an enemy for MILES around.

I don't remember exactly where, but I keep walking when they're talking and I just so happened to walk to where some Locust were and I got shot up D:

Alaan
posted 12-26-2006 02:46:10 PM
quote:
Gadani had this to say about Jimmy Carter:
I don't remember exactly where, but I keep walking when they're talking and I just so happened to walk to where some Locust were and I got shot up D:

I think you are halucinating. On three playthroughs I have never been close to shot. And I never stand around in walk/hand to ear mode.

nem-x
posted 12-29-2006 09:30:41 PM
Shadow of the Colossus - 85%
7-8 hours. The controls take a while to get used to, especially controlling the horse. I got the controls mastered about halfway through the game, but a little too late considering how short it is. The framerate is absolutely horrible and the blur effect the game uses doesn't hide it all to well. The hardest part of the game is figuring out how to get onto the colossus, but after that everything is cake. I thought it would be a lot harder to hang on, but the main character is a beast and can R1 for dear life. The story is.. there I guess. I thought all of the colossi were supposed to be peaceful, but I was prancing along around the first guy and he just smooshed me with his weapon. It was on after that.
Delphi Aegis
Delphi. That's right. The oracle. Ask me anything. Anything about your underwear.
posted 12-29-2006 10:17:59 PM
quote:
nem-x spewed forth this undeniable truth:
Shadow of the Colossus - 85%
7-8 hours. The controls take a while to get used to, especially controlling the horse. I got the controls mastered about halfway through the game, but a little too late considering how short it is. The framerate is absolutely horrible and the blur effect the game uses doesn't hide it all to well. The hardest part of the game is figuring out how to get onto the colossus, but after that everything is cake. I thought it would be a lot harder to hang on, but the main character is a beast and can R1 for dear life. The story is.. there I guess. I thought all of the colossi were supposed to be peaceful, but I was prancing along around the first guy and he just smooshed me with his weapon. It was on after that.

You suck and need to do time attack and hard mode and hard time attack mode, imo.

nem-x
posted 12-29-2006 10:20:46 PM
imo its going back to gamefly
Tarquinn
Personally responsible for the decline of the American Dollar
posted 12-31-2006 08:42:37 AM
quote:
Check out the big brain on Maradon!!

Deus Ex.
Operation Flashpoint.
Armed Assault.

~Never underestimate the power of a Dark Clown.
Ja'Deth Issar Ka'bael
I posted in a title changing thread.
posted 12-31-2006 08:52:34 AM
quote:
And I was all like 'Oh yeah?' and Tarquinn was all like:
Deus Ex.
Operation Flashpoint.
Armed Assault.

If you're going to put Deus Ex on a list of shooters you have to add the Thief games too.

Lyinar's sweetie and don't you forget it!*
"All those moments will be lost in time, like tears in rain. Time to die. -Roy Batty
*Also Lyinar's attack panda

sigpic courtesy of This Guy, original modified by me

Tarquinn
Personally responsible for the decline of the American Dollar
posted 12-31-2006 09:37:22 AM
Well, there's alot more shooting in Deus Ex than in the Thief series, so I didn't really think of it.

Also, my short list is not complete in any way whatsoever.

~Never underestimate the power of a Dark Clown.
Elvish Crack Piper
Murder is justified so long as people believe in something different than you do
posted 01-02-2007 04:09:13 AM
Deus Ex can be played as a shooter, if you really wanted to :-/ Thief, not so much. Dues Ex is, for me, alot more fun played as a stealth type game still.

Also, Castlevania: Portrait of Ruin is a fun romp, if not as hard as Dawn of Sorrow, but has better alternate modes with a slightly weaker main game. I haven't had a chance to get the secret area yet, as I have to troll 16% more castle completion points

(Insert Funny Phrase Here)
Maradon!
posted 01-02-2007 07:34:43 AM
quote:
Peanut butter ass Shaq Alaan booooze lime pole over bench lick:
I think you are halucinating. On three playthroughs I have never been close to shot. And I never stand around in walk/hand to ear mode.

Actually, I'm pretty sure this happened during the emulsion facility where you first encounter the exploding wretches.

I can't remember exactly where, but I do remember getting blowed up because I was on the phone

nem-x
posted 01-13-2007 09:29:37 PM
Shadow Hearts: Covenant - 88% - PS2

Around 43 hours. If I played the first Shadow Hearts, I'm sure I would give it a much higher score because its a direct continuation of it. There are tons of references and the game explains the first game a bit, but it would have been better to actually play through it. The ring and combo system was average. Fusions are pretty bad ass. There's tons of hidden crap and subquests. The game is semi-serious and semi-comedy. I thought there were too many "bosses" in the storyline, so the game couldn't flesh some of them out. There's a lot of story though, tons more than FFXII. It uses lots of real world plots (Around World War I) and has its own twist on them. The music is good, but the same town music is used for pretty much every town. Kurando is pedo.

nem-x fucked around with this message on 01-13-2007 at 09:31 PM.

Falaanla Marr
I AM HOT CHIX
posted 01-16-2007 11:27:44 AM
Gonna toss the conclusion from one I just wrote in here with the score and a link to the full one if you want to read it.

--------
Lost Planet (Xbox 360) -- 83%
Total hours of gameplay -- somewhere around 8-10 hours depending on how you do with the bosses and how often you have to retry them.

Overall, I really enjoyed Lost Planet. At first, I was wowed by the incredible explosions and graphics. As time went on, I was impressed by the massive boss battles and the more subtle things like attention to detail in animations. While the game is far from perfect because of issues with movement, issues with the grappling hook and cheesy looping of knockdown animations, Lost Planet is still very fun to play through. I never truly found myself frustrated but instead tried to plan out different tactics to take down enemies. The difficulty ramps up well as you go through the missions, the enemies are well designed and the game is just a blast in general. If youĀ’re not normally a fan of the genre, you may still want to check this one out Ā– there are two demos on XBOX Live right now that will give you a basic taste of the game. However, one of the issues I mentioned, the lack of any sort of same-console multiplayer and the lack of any coop, can be a deal-breaker for some people. This, and the other issues I mentioned, keep Lost Planet from being an early contender for 2007 Game of the Year. As it stands, I still highly recommend it if these problems are not a deal-breaker for you.

--------

Link: Lost Planet Review

Falaanla Marr fucked around with this message on 01-16-2007 at 11:29 AM.

nem-x
posted 01-30-2007 07:13:51 PM
Dark Cloud 2 - Crap - PS2
Pure crap, didn't play it all the way through. Having to level two weapons and the transformation was enough for my main character. Having another character join the "party" and not being able to play both at once sealed the deal. I'm not leveling 5+ things individually.

Viva Pinata - 80% - 360
Pretty average mcaveragey. Having to constantly go into menus that need to load is annoying. They should have done away with all those shops and just shoved a bar at the bottom of the screen for instant access. The mating mini game just gets tedious.

Mr. Gainsborough
posted 01-31-2007 05:57:32 PM
Gains' Mega Ultra Level 1 DS Review Column

In other words, I played each of these games for like half an hour and I'll tell you what I think of them.

Elite Beat Agents - It's a rhythm game, so it's awesome. Unfortunately, a lot of the songs in it have little to no beat, so they fall short of the orignal. (Osu! Tatakae! Ouendan!) It has one really emotionally destroying story in it, but for the most part, the scenarios are humor driven and succeed on that part.

Kirby: Canvas Curse - This game is cool! It's not as good as a regular Kirby game, but it's definitely worthy of the budget price that it holds right now. It uses the stylus in inventive ways and has solid gameplay. Fans of Kirby may or may not like it due to it's extreme departure from the easy, fluid gameplay of the base games.

Daigasso! Band Brothers - This game is better than Elite Beat Agents, but not better than Ouendan. It's close though! It has several midi based tunes and you can choose to play a rhythm game to the part of any of the instruments being played in the song. It's got some J-Pop, some game music like Zelda and Mario themes, and a little other stuff. Gameplay is very similar to playing Taiko Drum Master with a controller, only it has a much better interface, so it's easier to see what's going on. It has cool art, as well.

Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles 3: Mutant Nightmare - This game is really friggin' cool. It's a sidescrolling platformer in the style of an older Castlevania (no items to equip or anything, just beating up bad guys). There's little puzzles that involve the stylus once in a while, but nothing major. It's just a nice kinda flashback to the awesome TMNT games of old. Much better than the other ones released lately.

Dragon Quest Heroes: Rocket Slime - It's an overhead Zelda game with a downsy Slime face. It's funny, and it's got good gameplay. Aces all around. It seems like it will be very short.

Chocobo and the Magic Picture Book - This game is sooo cuuuute. The claymation Chocobo face sealed the deal on playing this game. You're Chocobo from the Mystery Dungeon/Racing games under his name, and it seems like you're going around saving your Chocobo friends from different books in which they are trapped in. You do this by doing weird, but fun minigames in the picture popup books they're in. It seems like a good time, but again, possibly very short.

Clubhouse Games - Do you like shit to pass time and just sort of screw around with? Darts, cards, bowling, billiards and other bar games? This has 42 of those games and they're all fun as hell. Totally worth it if you want a quick game to just have to pick up when you're bored. Try and get a good deal on it, though because I don't think it's worth 35 bucks.

Pinky Street Kira Kira Music Hour - I got gayer when I played this Japanese shovelware rhythm game. Pinky Street is the Japanese equivalent to Polly Pocket or Bratz in America. The rhythm game has 3 bars on the touch screen and you have to either tap them or slide the stylus in the direction arrows on the bars glow in. It's extremely fun and has an avatar system similar to Gunbound, but the theme is REALLY REALLY GAY. but it's so fun oh god

Scurge: Hive - This game is Metroid in an angled, overhead view. That's it. It's got a chick with a gun attacking an invading alien race in outer space and she gets upgrades as the game goes on. If you like Metroid, this 20 dollar game is fabulous for you.

Pokemon Ranger - What is going on here? Why am I an NPC? I don't know if I like this game yet. You go around capturing Pokemon with this weird stylus thing by circling them a whole lot and use their powers to pretend you're Captain Planet. I might give this a more detailed review later, but I'm busy playing another, FAR BETTER Pokemon game to concern myself with this very much. (Will discuss that later.)

Jump Ultimate Stars - You do not get any more Burning Shounen Justice than Jump Superstars...until you add more characters, a bigger world, and even more shit to unlock. If you like Smash Brothers and you are a huge weeaboo, this game will make you shit yourself. All over. The game seems far less cheap than the last one, but it still retains most of the horrible game-breaking supers that most animu fighters have. I would never recommend a Jump Stars game to anyone seriously wanting to play multiplayer. It's great fun for one person, though.

Nippon Curling Kyoukai Kounin: Minna no Curling - Durrr, why did I play a game about Curling? This sport is retarded. Well, I guess you would like this if you're some Eurofag that likes this sport or something, but I'm not too down with all the intense broom action that this game could possibly provide me with. It does have cool music though, I'll give it that.

Every Naruto Game on DS - I HAD SO MUCH HOPE. Naruto: Ninja Council 3 and 4 both suck, the Clash of Ninja DS game sucks, I can't read the RPGs and aren't interesting enough for me to try, so they suck too. If any DS Naruto games are localized, do yourself a favor and do not buy them. That is all. Bad controls, terrible music, boring gameplay. Ugh.

Nacho Libre - If you like wrestling games and you have downs syndrome, you might like this. It would be a lot funner if gameplay had better controls and hit detection. In fact, it would be a whole lot of fun if that was true! The game is funny, just like the movie, but it is brought down by the bad gameplay. Oh well.

Bleach DS - I don't know why I heard so many bad things about this. It's just as fun as Jump Superstars, only with less stuff to do. Bleach fans would probably enjoy it a lot, but it isn't as good as the Heat the Soul games for PSP. It's a standard fighter, characters to unlock, story modes and the like. It doesn't seem too hideously broken, but secret characters may prove otherwise. It's very fast paced and pretty damn fun.

Hiite Utaeru DS Guitar M-06 - Japanese edutainment, this one is! The touch screen has one string that you strum with the stylus and when you hold down different buttons, it makes a different chord sound like a guitar. I don't know exactly what the purpose of the game is, but it seems like it teaches you chord progressions and stuff like that. You can mess with the tuning and reverb on your virtual guitar and a couple other things. I am kinda hoping for a stateside release of this program, because it seems like if I understood it, it would be really cool.

PokƩmon Diamond and Pearl - This is the game I have been waiting for since I played Gold and Silver on GBC. With new functions like the Pokewatch which gives you information on the bottom screen on stuff like your party status, how many steps you've taken and eventually (you don't start with all the functions of it) a whole lot more, this game towers over the last generation of Pokemon games. The new Pokemon are far more appealing than the last ones and the introduction of the touch screen as an option in battling to choose attacks, items, and stuff is a welcome addition. Barely anything on the touch screen is mandatory, so don't worry if you don't want to use it. It's a standard Pokemon game so far, only with better graphics, sound, features, and pretty much everything else. I was completely expecting this game to surpass every generation of Pokemon games that have been released. So far, my hopes have not been proven wrong.

Mr. Gainsborough fucked around with this message on 02-01-2007 at 01:09 AM.

Mr. Gainsborough
posted 02-14-2007 12:05:52 AM
Bomberman Land Touch - Like Wario Ware? This game is kind of a dumbed down version of something like that. Fairly easy to moderately difficult mini games in this bizarre kid-like amusement park setting. Plot is retarded, I think you can play classic Bomberman on wifi, but they took out all the cool items like line bombs and viruses, so what's the point? It's a pretty fun game, but not worth 30-35 dollars at all. Rated for extreme Bomberman fans only.

Lunar Knights - This game is bitchin' rad. This is to Castlevania what Scurge: Hive is to Metroid. The same concepts, only with the 3D overhead view. It's actually a continuation of the Boktai games (in that same universe) but you don't need to play them to know anything in the game. You don't have a solar sensor on this either. Instead, the top screen displays weather info and powers are based off that instead of sun power. Good for most of the people who don't often play portables in the sunlight. Very fun action RPG so far. Can't wait to play more.

Love Love Hamster - Nintendogs with hamsters, I guess. It's only in Japanese, so I can't read it. All I got out of the game was that it has a retarded name, there are hamsters that look like pandas, and if you rub a hamster's head long enough, it will get up and talk to you. Whatever, man.

Magical Starsign - I played this for like 10 - 15 minutes. Just enough time to get through the tutorial. First impressions: 1) what the hell? 6 member party? Cool! 2) this is an extremely standard battle system 3) riviera did this a lot better, but at least I can control where I go 4) THIS ART SUCKS WHY DIDN'T THEY LEARN ANYTHING FROM SWORD OF MANA I see this being an extremely boring game. Could be wrong though.

Tetris DS - Tetris will always be fun, but there will never be another mode of Tetris that will be as fun as the original. I hate all the dumb challenges they add to it. Leave Tetris alone, argh.

Freshly Picked Tingle's Rose Colored Rupee Land - This game is too far out there. It tries too hard to be different, and just ends up being boring. The art is really cool and bizarre and is probably really funny, though. I will get the US release just because Tingle is hilarious. What happens is you are Tingle pre-fairy-curse and you talk to an old dude who gives you a curse that makes it so if you lose all the rupees you have, you die. Your goal is to find lots of rupees and feed them to this tower to make it bigger. I don't have any clue why, I barely knew what I was doing when I played it, so whatever.

Mario vs. Donkey Kong 2: March of the Minis - Man, I really hate this game. I hate it because it's different. Do not make me excited for a new game of a series I really like. Donkey Kong for GB and MvDK for GBA were both fantastic games, and the way the games worked with their platforming and jumping and puzzle solving was perfectly fine. If I wanted to play Lemmings, I would play Lemmings. Instead of a good game following up the series, I have to touch automated retarded babybots and make them go through puzzles set up my the stylus or some bullshit. I just wanna jump on keys and buttons, ok?

Cooking Mama - This game wins! Best budget title ever. All you do is perform little acts with the stylus like cutting, peeling, pushin buttons, rolling, and other stuff that would simulate what you would do cooking a food item. It has a bunch of recipes and more unlock as you go along in the game. Sometimes, when you're halfway through the recipe you're on, it'll ask if you wanna change it to a totally new recipe. It's so cool. Definitely great for people who like cooking, and I know there's a ton of those people here.

Big Brain Academy - Brain Age was cool and inventive and formal. This is the same thing, only funner. But no Sudoku. You do little puzzles and tests to improve how big your brain is and how quickly you can think of stuff, I guess. Either way, it's good wholesome, discount edutainment. Get it for your kids!

Maradon!
posted 02-14-2007 01:56:34 AM
Dark Messiah of Might & Magic - 75%, a pretty decent hack 'n slash. If you've read the manual, or even the title written on the box, you've probably already figured out most of the plot, however, the characters are superbly voice acted and interesting enough to pick up the slack.

A big breasted sorceress uses a spell to sorta hide in your mind and acts as your token Cortana, but throughout the game she gets more and more flirty and you even get to see her naked in that "hair over boobs" sorta way that PG-13 made for TV movies use. There's also a shy wizard girl-next-door who puts the moves on you and part of the plot (albeit a small part) revolves around making one or the other like you more. This alone provided more than enough motivation for me to play all the way through the game and really I wish they'd played it up more than they did.

The endings (all 3 of them) consist of an immensely disappointing 2 minute FMV, about 30 seconds of which is a rehash of the intro FMV.

Gameplay is most like the Deus Ex/System Shock RPG-shooter hybrid. The game's real high point is it's melee combat. They took the basics of Oblivion's combat system and made it a LOT nicer. Enemies all have specific weaknesses, and you get a variety of weapons with elemental properties and different bonuses. You can choose from dual daggers, sword 'n board, staff, and bow, and all of them are extremely fun.

The "hold attack+direction" combo system from Oblivion is there, but varies greatly depending on the weapon you're using. For example, with daggers, attack+back does a sort of cross-cut 2 hit combo with a chance to stun, but with a sword it does a straight thrust that is good for pokin' cyclops eyes.

All in all, the game had a whole lot more potential than it managed to use, but it's definitely not bad if you liked Oblivion's combat but didn't like it's openness so much, plus you get to jack off to a PG-13 nude scene of a seductress that's been flirting with you for the past 8 hours. What's not to like?

Kegwen
Sonyfag
posted 02-14-2007 02:01:12 AM
I don't feel like writing up a real review, but Rainbow Six: Vegas is the best game I've played for the 360 and you should do yourself a favor and pick it up if you haven't already. Tactical shooter with multiplayer that's actually fun for more than a week! Wow! That's a feat that Gears of War couldn't manage, sadly.

I need to pick up Okami once I finish beating Subsistence again. Money

Oh right! We had that thread about Vegas in December. Oops. It's still good and you should still own it.

Kegwen fucked around with this message on 02-14-2007 at 02:03 AM.

Maradon!
posted 02-14-2007 02:02:43 AM
I have a real hard time getting into realistic fiction.
Greenlit
posted 02-14-2007 02:05:27 AM
quote:
Maradon! had this to say about Cuba:
I have a real hard time getting into realistic fiction.

I have a real hard time getting into games with shitty AI and shitty scripted sequences.

I did not do so well with Vegas.

Toktuk
Pooh Ogre
Keeper of the Shoulders of Peachis Perching
posted 02-17-2007 07:03:32 AM
quote:
How.... Kegwen.... uughhhhhh:
I need to pick up Okami once I finish beating Subsistence again. Money

From the little bit of Okami that I played with my sister when she came down for Christmas, I thought it was fucking amazing. I was going to pick it up after I finished Twilight Princess, but now that I heard rumors it might be ported to the Wii, I'm going to wait and see. The Wii remote seems like a much more natural way of performing the brush strokes.

-H

Hellbender fucked around with this message on 02-17-2007 at 07:04 AM.

Pancake
posted 02-17-2007 07:27:23 AM
-H
-H
-H
-H
-H
-H
-H
-H
-H
-H
-H
-H
-H
-H
-H
-H
-H
-H
-H
-H
-H
-H
-H
-H
-H
-H
-H
-H
-H
-H
-H
-H
-H
-H
-H
-H
-H
-H
-H
-H
-H
-H
-H
-H
-H
-H
-H
-H
-H
-H
-H
-H
-H
-H
-H
-H
-H
-H
-H
-H
-H
-H
-H
-H
-H
-H
-H
-H
-H
-H
-H
-H
-H
-H
-H
-H
-H
-H
-H
-H
-H
-H
-H
-H
-H
-H
-H
-H
-H
-H
-H
-H
-H
-H
-H
-H
-H
-H
-H
-H
-H
-H
-H
-H
-H
-H
-H
-H
-H
-H
-H
-H
-H
-H
-H
-H
-H
-H
-H
-H
-H
-H
-H
-H
-H
-H
-H
-H
-H
-H
-H
-H
-H
-H
-H
-H
-H
-H
-H
-H
-H
-H
-H
-H
-H
-H
-H
-H
-H
-H
-H
-H
-H
-H
-H
-H
-H
-H
-H
-H
-H
-H
-H
-H
-H
-H
-H
-H
-H
-H
-H
-H
-H
-H
-H
-H
-H
-H
-H
-H
-H
-H
-H
-H
-H
-H
-H
-H
-H
-H
-H
-H
-H
-H
-H
-H
-H
-H
-H
-H
-H
-H
-H
-H
-H
-H
-H
-H
-H
-H
-H
-H
-H
-H
-H
-H
-H
-H
-H
-H
-H
-H
-H
-H
-H
-H
-H
-H
-H
-H
-H
-H
-H
-H
-H
-H
-H
-H
-H
-H
-H
-H
-H
-H
-H
-H
-H
-H
-H
-H
-H
-H
-H
-H
-H
-H
-H
-H
-H
-H
-H
-H
-H
-H
-H
-H
-H
-H
-H
-H
-H
-H
-H
-H
-H
-H
-H
-H
-H
-H
-H
-H
-H
-H
-H
-H
-H
-H
-H
-H
-H
-H
-H
-H
-H
-H
-H
-H
-H
-H
-H
-H
-H
-H
-H
-H
-H
-H
-H
-H
-H
-H
-H
-H
-H
-H
-H
-H
-H
-H
-H
-H
-H
-H
-H
-H
-H
-H
-H
-H
-H
-H
-H
-H
-H
-H
-H
-H
-H
-H
-H
-H
-H
-H
-H
-H
-H
-H
-H
-H
-H
-H
-H
-H
-H
-H
-H
-H
-H
-H
-H
-H
-H
-H
-H
-H
-H
-H
-H
-H
-H
-H
-H
-H
-H
-H
-H
-H
-H
-H
-H
-H
-H
-H
-H
-H
-H
-H
-H
-H
-H
-H
-H
-H
-H
-H
-H
-H
-H
-H
-H
-H
-H
-H
-H
-H
-H
-H
-H
-H
-H
-H
-H
-H
-H
-H
-H
-H
-H
-H
-H
-H
-H
-H
-H
-H
-H
-H
-H
-H
-H
-H
-H
-H
-H
-H
-H
-H
-H
-H
-H
-H
-H
-H
-H
-H
-H
-H
-H
-H
-H
-H
-H
-H
-H
-H
-H
-H
-H
-H
-H
-H
-H
-H
-H
-H
-H
-H
-H

-H

Skaw
posted 02-17-2007 07:46:15 AM
quote:
Hellbender's account was hax0red to write:
but now that I heard rumors it might be ported to the Wii, I'm going to wait and see.

Clover Studio was shutdown. Capcom UK has denied an Okami release on the Wii. But thats largely because Clover's intellectual property hasn't defaulted to Capcom yet. It will sometime in March. Thats the earliest you'll get an actual confirmation, since thats the earliest a Wii Okami can actually begin to be developed. By Capcom, anyway.

Clover had intended to develop on the Wii though.

Skaw fucked around with this message on 02-17-2007 at 07:48 AM.

Mr. Gainsborough
posted 02-17-2007 07:55:29 AM
Clover Studios just got reformed.

Oh snap.

Skaw
posted 02-17-2007 08:04:41 AM
quote:
Mr. Gainsborough's unholy Backstreet Boys obsession manifested in:
Clover Studios just got reformed.

Oh snap.

Well, nevermind then.

By the way, Seed? What's their HQ look like? This?

Kegwen
Sonyfag
posted 02-18-2007 02:38:49 AM
quote:
Greenlit impressed everyone with:
I have a real hard time getting into games with shitty AI and shitty scripted sequences.

I did not do so well with Vegas.

I really loved the control I had over the AI. They were kind of dumb, but I can't say I've seen any better. The single player was much more fun and rewarding than Gears of War and the multiplayer is actually enjoyable.

Seriously, though, what's better on the 360? There's a lot of stuff coming up, but Vegas so far is the best I've seen

Kegwen fucked around with this message on 02-18-2007 at 02:39 AM.

nem-x
posted 02-18-2007 07:19:14 AM
Yakuza - 82% - PS2
Around 15 hours (although for some reason it felt a lot longer) Great realistic setting and no super crazy mystical powers or items to go looking for. A fairly basic story all around and there are tons of cliches. The battle music sounds like it's from Tekken 1. The load times when transitioning from adventure mode to fight mode will get annoying. The fights will also piss you off because of how unpolished it is; your best bet is to just grab and throw constantly until you learn a few new moves (such as back attack and combosuplexbackbreaker, then fights become somewhat fun). There are items that you can pick up during fights, kind of like that die hard arcade game. There seems to be a lot of things to do at first in the city, but it's pretty much all the same thing. It's not as deep as Shenmue.
All times are US/Eastern
Hop To: