EverCrest Message Forums
You are not logged in. Login or Register.
Author
Topic: It's the Biannual College Classes thread
Pvednes
Lynched
posted 11-29-2006 07:12:33 AM
quote:
There was much rejoicing when Karnaj said this:
BFD. I viewed it as an intellectual exercise when I had to do that, you know, like when you argue against one of your firmest opinions.

The problem is that they don't intend it as an intellectual exercise--rather, they've spent the year indoctrinating you in Marxist and Feminist ideology rather than teaching you English.

quote:
Maradon! sed:
But those are stupid.

I don't hold any ideals without knowing for certain that they're true, so in order to argue against them I'd have to form arguments that I know for a fact are a false.

There is a quite a big difference between knowing something and believing something. You have it confused.

Monica
I've got an owie on my head :(
posted 11-29-2006 10:28:39 AM
Stage Lighting, General Psychology, Stage Management, and Intro to Philosophy.

Just enough to be full time, unfortunately. It's so difficult to get the lab hours in for the theatre classes. X_X

Falaanla Marr
I AM HOT CHIX
posted 11-29-2006 10:41:51 AM
quote:
A sleep deprived Monica stammered:
Stage Lighting, General Psychology, Stage Management, and Intro to Philosophy.

Just enough to be full time, unfortunately. It's so difficult to get the lab hours in for the theatre classes. X_X

Full time = more financial aid, though. So not unfortunately.

Monica
I've got an owie on my head :(
posted 11-29-2006 10:43:39 AM
quote:
Verily, Falaanla Marr doth proclaim:
Full time = more financial aid, though. So not unfortunately.

Well I -have- to go full time for my aid, though. What I meant is that I usually take another class - my first two semesters I did 15 and 16 hours. But now I'm working more and I just can't handle it. X_X

Naimah
In a Fire
posted 11-29-2006 10:47:51 AM
quote:
Pvednes obviously shouldn't have said:
There is a quite a big difference between knowing something and believing something. You have it confused.

Or he just hasn't taken philosophy.

Lyinar why would you go into physics when you havn't even taken advanced math or any type? Diving into physics without know calc is only going to result in blood and tears.

BeauChan
Objects in sigpic may be hammier than they appear
posted 11-29-2006 01:52:16 PM
I'll be working for the next... 44 or so years of my life.

However, I do want to go back to university to become a french teacher, so we'll see, I might just be happy with my job sometime in the future.

Endured by EC for over 7 years and counting...
Lyinar Ka`Bael
Are you looking at my pine tree again?
posted 11-29-2006 08:23:47 PM
quote:
Naimah thought this was the Ricky Martin Fan Club Forum and wrote:

Lyinar why would you go into physics when you havn't even taken advanced math or any type?

I've had a year of calculus.

Blah, can't take Mechanics yet because for some ungodly reason, the calculus class you're supposed to take concurrently is the same damn night.

So I'm taking:

Classical Mythology
Beginning Piano
Integrated Calculus and Analytic Geometry II
Literary Masterpieces (elective)

Not too heavy of a semester

Lyinar Ka`Bael fucked around with this message on 11-29-2006 at 09:36 PM.

Lyinar Ka`Bael, Piney Fresh Druidess - Luclin

Bloodsage
Heart Attack
posted 11-30-2006 04:26:19 PM
quote:
Channeling the spirit of Sherlock Holmes, Maradon! absently fondled Watson and proclaimed:
But those are stupid.

I don't hold any ideals without knowing for certain that they're true, so in order to argue against them I'd have to form arguments that I know for a fact are a false.

That. . .is an interesting attitude. Not the least bit logical or intelligent, but fairly interesting. You have a fine career ahead of you as a terrorist or communist rebel with that mode of thought.

There simply aren't that many subjects outside the hard sciences where one can point to Truth without a shadow of a doubt.

To reign is worth ambition, though in Hell:
Better to reign in Hell than serve in Heaven.

--Satan, quoted by John Milton

Pvednes
Lynched
posted 11-30-2006 08:55:27 PM
Even then, it's not Truth, it's just a very, very, very close model of it.
Lyinar Ka`Bael
Are you looking at my pine tree again?
posted 11-30-2006 08:56:48 PM
It's Truth insofar as a way to prove it wrong hasn't been found yet.

Lyinar Ka`Bael, Piney Fresh Druidess - Luclin

Gunslinger Moogle
No longer a gimmick
posted 12-01-2006 04:43:15 PM
quote:
Maradon! had time to sputter this out before being killed by someone else's ambush:

...That's not possible without being omniscient.

moogle is the 3241727861th binary digit of pi

Disclaimer: I'm just kidding, I love all living things.
The fastest draw in the Crest.
"The Internet is MY critical thinking course." -Maradon
"Gambling for the husband, an abortion for the wife and fireworks for the kids they chose to keep? Fuck you, Disneyland. The Pine Ridge Indian Reservation is the happiest place on Earth." -JooJooFlop

All times are US/Eastern
Hop To: