EverCrest Message Forums
You are not logged in. Login or Register.
Author
Topic: How's good is you're englisch?
Sean
posted 09-16-2005 08:00:29 PM
quote:
Mr. Parcelan had this to say about Knight Rider:
I must be going mad, then.

That happened on the EQEmu forums.

A Kansas City Shuffle is when everybody looks right, you go left.

It's not something people hear about.

Taylen
Pancake
posted 09-16-2005 08:05:51 PM
16/20

Missed 2 spelling ones, missed the Hypen, and missed one of the "which sentence is more correct" ones.

"When correctly viewed, everything is lewd." - Tom Lehrer.
Sadomasochism: It's Fun!
Taylen Ashenbow
Rangers never run we mearly stratigically retreat.
Thats not a train thats a pull, my trains are always much bigger.
Mr. Parcelan
posted 09-16-2005 08:13:07 PM
quote:
Sean was naked while typing this:
That happened on the EQEmu forums.

Oh right. Someone was trying to explain Zaza's mastery of the English language.

FYI, he has it so he can kill us.

Nicole
The hip-hop-happiest bunny in all of marshmallow woods
posted 09-16-2005 08:28:19 PM
19/20.

"Necessary" has ALWAYS been one of those words I just can't get right.

I just spent
my last cent
purchasing this poverty.

Nae
Fun with Chocolate
posted 09-16-2005 09:43:25 PM
quote:
Bloodsage wrote this stupid crap:
They sort of fudged that one, because "quiet" is a very loose interpretation of the word. Most of the time, it has a connotation of being silently stern, whereas "quiet" can also imply shyness.

What you said!

I got 20/20, but I honestly just guessed on accommodation. I couldn't decide which one looked right.

Lyinar Ka`Bael
Are you looking at my pine tree again?
posted 09-16-2005 10:08:04 PM
20/20

Lyinar Ka`Bael, Piney Fresh Druidess - Luclin

`Doc
Cold in an Alley
posted 09-16-2005 11:18:49 PM
quote:
Nae is attacking the darkness!
What you said!

I got 20/20, but I honestly just guessed on accommodation. I couldn't decide which one looked right.

I had a discussion with VernalTemptress a couple months ago about words with double sets of double letters. Remembering which words have single vs double sets of double letters can be a real pain.
Base eight is just like base ten, really... if you're missing two fingers. - Tom Lehrer
There are people in this world who do not love their fellow human beings, and I hate people like that! - Tom Lehrer
I want to be a race car passenger; just a guy who bugs the driver. "Say man, can I turn on the radio? You should slow down. Why do we gotta keep going in circles? Can I put my feet out the window? Man, you really like Tide..." - Mitch Hedberg
Please keep your arms, legs, heads, tails, tentacles, pseudopods, wings, and/or other limb-like structures inside the ride at all times.
Please submit all questions, inquests, and/or inquiries, in triplicate, to the Department of Redundancy Department, Division for the Management of Division Management Divisions.

Bloodsage
Heart Attack
posted 09-16-2005 11:24:11 PM
quote:
Quoth `Doc:
I had a discussion with VernalTemptress a couple months ago about

Orly?

To reign is worth ambition, though in Hell:
Better to reign in Hell than serve in Heaven.

--Satan, quoted by John Milton

Mr. Parcelan
posted 09-16-2005 11:28:59 PM
quote:
Bloodsage thought this was the Ricky Martin Fan Club Forum and wrote:
Orly?

You should see some of the shitty pick-up lines he uses on her.

Gunslinger Moogle
No longer a gimmick
posted 09-16-2005 11:30:09 PM
quote:
Bloodsage said this, then charged the door while shouting "CHONGO LONGO!":
They sort of fudged that one, because "quiet" is a very loose interpretation of the word. Most of the time, it has a connotation of being silently stern, whereas "quiet" can also imply shyness.

Indeed.

18/20. Accommodation and...something else.

moogle is the 3241727861th binary digit of pi

Disclaimer: I'm just kidding, I love all living things.
The fastest draw in the Crest.
"The Internet is MY critical thinking course." -Maradon
"Gambling for the husband, an abortion for the wife and fireworks for the kids they chose to keep? Fuck you, Disneyland. The Pine Ridge Indian Reservation is the happiest place on Earth." -JooJooFlop

Palador ChibiDragon
Dismembered
posted 09-17-2005 12:36:39 AM
quote:
Zair had this to say about pies:
16/20

Yay for the lowest native speaker score so far!

Spelling is what really screwed me up. I think 3 of the 4 I missed were the spelling ones.

Ditto. I have two dictionaries on my desk, but it would have been wrong to use them for this.

I believe in the existance of magic, not because I have seen proof of its existance, but because I refuse to live in a world where it does not exist.
Snugglits
I LIKE TO ABUSE THE ALERT MOD BUTTON AND I ENJOY THE FLAVOR OF SWEET SWEET COCK.
posted 09-17-2005 02:13:35 AM
18/20

Have absolutely never heard taciturn before. I missed accommodation because I can't get the double letter thing down any more.

[b].sig removed by Mr. Parcelan[/b]
`Doc
Cold in an Alley
posted 09-17-2005 06:19:58 AM
quote:
Roll the dice to see if Mr. Parcelan is getting drunk!
You should see some of the shitty pick-up lines he uses on her.
I dunno 'bout you, but I never thought of "Hi" as a pickup line. Maybe it works in bars, but I wouldn't know.
quote:
Bloodsage needs to hitch a ride with a Vogon constructor fleet.
Orly?
Yis.

Would've chatted with you, except

• you were never around, and
  • it's frustrating trying to talk with omniscient people.
  • Base eight is just like base ten, really... if you're missing two fingers. - Tom Lehrer
    There are people in this world who do not love their fellow human beings, and I hate people like that! - Tom Lehrer
    I want to be a race car passenger; just a guy who bugs the driver. "Say man, can I turn on the radio? You should slow down. Why do we gotta keep going in circles? Can I put my feet out the window? Man, you really like Tide..." - Mitch Hedberg
    Please keep your arms, legs, heads, tails, tentacles, pseudopods, wings, and/or other limb-like structures inside the ride at all times.
    Please submit all questions, inquests, and/or inquiries, in triplicate, to the Department of Redundancy Department, Division for the Management of Division Management Divisions.

Mr. Parcelan
    posted 09-17-2005 06:31:04 AM
    Lust is more easy to detect when it comes off of lonely nerds. And brother, it comes off of you in buckets.
    Snugglits
    I LIKE TO ABUSE THE ALERT MOD BUTTON AND I ENJOY THE FLAVOR OF SWEET SWEET COCK.
    posted 09-17-2005 08:18:16 AM
    Parcelan, stop derailing threads with personal stuff.
    [b].sig removed by Mr. Parcelan[/b]
    Jackman
    Racist Hermaphroditic Midget
    posted 09-17-2005 08:55:33 AM
    quote:
    Check out the big brain on Sean!
    I'm not surprised.

Thats because you expect the worst.

Peter: I'm not afraid of anything, I laugh in the face of Death. See HAHAHAHA.
    Death: Oh great! Thanks a lot. As if it wasnt already hard enough to fit in.

Some people are like Slinkys... Not really good for anything, But they still bring a smile to your face when you push them down a flight of stairs.

Zaza
    I don't give a damn.
    posted 09-17-2005 02:49:18 PM
    quote:
    Mr. Parcelan stopped beating up furries long enough to write:
    Oh right. Someone was trying to explain Zaza's mastery of the English language.

FYI, he has it so he can kill us.

Yeah, he was explaining how I was better at English than him because it wasn't my first language.

Mr. Parcelan
    posted 09-17-2005 02:56:53 PM
    quote:
    The logic train ran off the tracks when Zaza said:
    Yeah, he was explaining how I was better at English than him because it wasn't my first language.

When we all know you practice it so you can pass for an American and fly a textbook into the library!

Hostile Makeover
    Evil as chocolate covered thistles
    posted 09-18-2005 02:18:01 AM
    quote:
    Jackman was listening to Cher while typing:
    Thats because you expect the worst.

And you never fail to provide!

Goma
    Pancake
    posted 09-18-2005 02:52:13 PM
    19/20

Doubted myself on one of the first 10 questions. Can't quite remember which one it was, though. Bad short term memory this afternoon =/

diadem
    eet bugz
    posted 09-18-2005 04:33:19 PM
    16/20. I got all the "which spelling is correct?" ones wrong an the rest were perfect.
    play da best song in da world or me eet your soul
    BeauChan
    Objects in sigpic may be hammier than they appear
    posted 09-18-2005 06:58:01 PM
    16/20, missed the hyphen and the questions at the beginning - I've always had trouble with things like that.
    Endured by EC for over 7 years and counting...
    Ruvyen
    Cartoon Broccoli Boy
    posted 09-18-2005 07:09:07 PM
    20'd. The only question that took any thought at all was the "Accommodation" one.
    Thief: "I have come to a realisation. Dragons are not real in a general sense, but they may exist in certain specific cases."
    Fighter: "Like how quantum mechanics describes how subatomic particles can spontaneously pop into existence at random!"
    Thief: "No, that's stupid and stop making up words."
    --8-Bit Theater
    very important poster
    a sweet title
    posted 09-18-2005 08:57:09 PM
    19/20 because I missed the hyphen somehow.
    hey
    Azrael Heavenblade
    Damn Dirty Godmoder
    posted 09-18-2005 09:35:54 PM
    20/20

I thought the definitions they gave for ostentatious were kind of weird...and they liked using onomatopoeia at the start. Not certain many people use it frequently enough to associate the term with the usage.

"The basic tool for manipulation of reality is the manipulation of words. If you can control the meaning of words, you can control the people who must use them." - Philip K. Dick
    Maradon!
    posted 09-19-2005 10:01:42 AM
    20/20

This was the most easier test I had taken. Their wasn't even any hard structure questions inside.

Cavalier-
    Pancake
    posted 09-20-2005 09:21:42 AM

And yet I still manage to make typographical and grammatical errors whenever I type things on the intraweb.

`Doc
    Cold in an Alley
    posted 09-20-2005 09:30:49 AM
    quote:
    Roll the dice to see if Cavalier- is getting drunk!
    And yet I still manage to make typographical and grammatical errors whenever I type things on the intraweb.
    Case in point
    Base eight is just like base ten, really... if you're missing two fingers. - Tom Lehrer

Cavalier-
    Pancake
    posted 09-20-2005 06:17:53 PM
    Zigakly!
    All times are US/Eastern
    Hop To: