EverCrest Message Forums
You are not logged in. Login or Register.
Author
Topic: Why Do You Ignore People?
Sean
posted 06-28-2005 06:32:53 PM
quote:
Mod, what the hell are you doin' out here? You oughta be in bed.
As written it was honestly the most offensive thing not said obviously in jest I had read on EC up to that point.

You are everything that has become wrong with this forum.

A Kansas City Shuffle is when everybody looks right, you go left.

It's not something people hear about.

Mod
Pancake
posted 06-28-2005 06:34:39 PM
quote:
Sean obviously shouldn't have said:
You are everything that has become wrong with this forum.

Elaborate.

Life... is like a box of chocolates. A cheap, thoughtless, perfunctory gift that nobody ever asks for. Unreturnable, because all you get back is another box of chocolates. You're stuck with this undefinable whipped-mint crap that you mindlessly wolf down when there's nothing else left to eat. Sure, once in a while, there's a peanut butter cup, or an English toffee. But they're gone too fast, the taste is fleeting. So you end up with nothing but broken bits, filled with hardened jelly and teeth-crunching nuts, and if you're desperate enough to eat those, all you've got left is a... is an empty box... filled with useless, brown paper wrappers.
JooJooFlop
Hungry Hungry Hippo
posted 06-28-2005 06:36:14 PM
quote:
Mod painfully thought these words up:
Elaborate.

Oversensitive.

I don't know how to be sexy. If I catch a girl looking at me and our eyes lock, I panic and open mine wider. Then I lick my lips and rub my genitals. And mouth the words "You're dead."
Ares
posted 06-28-2005 06:37:46 PM
OtakuPenguin
Peels like a tangerine, but is juicy like an orange.
posted 06-28-2005 06:39:04 PM
quote:
How.... JooJooFlop.... uughhhhhh:
Oversensitive.

Oh my god, someone cares about a topic enough to do something that affected no one but Ares.

Holy crap, call the Message Board Police, someone cares about a topic! Someone didn't like a joke! Hurry and arrest him!

Come on people. Oversensative?

..:: This Is The Sound Of Settling ::..
Mod
Pancake
posted 06-28-2005 06:48:40 PM
quote:
Nobody really understood why Ares wrote:
Now I just feel shitty.

You didn't mean it as it came off, the whole thing got cleared up, no harm done.

quote:
From the book of JooJooFlop, chapter 3, verse 16:
Oversensitive.

Just out of curiosity, what would one be allowed to be offended by at all without falling under your definition of oversensitive?

Life... is like a box of chocolates. A cheap, thoughtless, perfunctory gift that nobody ever asks for. Unreturnable, because all you get back is another box of chocolates. You're stuck with this undefinable whipped-mint crap that you mindlessly wolf down when there's nothing else left to eat. Sure, once in a while, there's a peanut butter cup, or an English toffee. But they're gone too fast, the taste is fleeting. So you end up with nothing but broken bits, filled with hardened jelly and teeth-crunching nuts, and if you're desperate enough to eat those, all you've got left is a... is an empty box... filled with useless, brown paper wrappers.
JooJooFlop
Hungry Hungry Hippo
posted 06-28-2005 06:55:17 PM
quote:
Mod had this to say about Jimmy Carter:
Just out of curiosity, what would one be allowed to be offended by at all without falling under your definition of oversensitive?

It's not just about being offended, it's about closing the dialogue completely with the offender without attempting to fully understand what they said or did that was so offensive.

I don't know how to be sexy. If I catch a girl looking at me and our eyes lock, I panic and open mine wider. Then I lick my lips and rub my genitals. And mouth the words "You're dead."
Sean
posted 06-28-2005 06:59:10 PM
quote:
Then why did you try to fuck him like a bitch, Mod?
Elaborate.

It screams overreactionary bullshit. Did you bother to ask her to explain in the thread it happened in, which I can't even find at the moment, because I am completely goddamn inept with the EC search function? Or did you just slap her on ignore and harbor a grudge until some silly little thread like this that actually airs some of this bullshit out in the open?

It happens like clockwork around here. As Chris Rock has said, 'That train is never late.'

I mean, Christ almighty, she was talking about banning some random foreigners from a little art community. It isn't like she called them the fucking warmongering Islamic jihadists that they are, is it?

Ja'Deth Issar Ka'bael
I posted in a title changing thread.
posted 06-28-2005 07:04:55 PM
The only time I had anyone ignored was by accident. Had Bajah on ignore and I didn't mean to.
Lyinar's sweetie and don't you forget it!*
"All those moments will be lost in time, like tears in rain. Time to die. -Roy Batty
*Also Lyinar's attack panda

sigpic courtesy of This Guy, original modified by me

Ja'Deth Issar Ka'bael
I posted in a title changing thread.
posted 06-28-2005 07:13:24 PM
quote:
Snoota had this to say about Robocop:
I like to go through big threads that the majority of the active members have posted in, the MP3 thread for example, and ignore random people.

It's fun and you inevitably get twenty PMs of, "wtf why are you ignoring me!!!!!!!!"

YOU TOY WITH OUR AFFECTIONS, YOU MONSTER!

Lyinar's sweetie and don't you forget it!*
"All those moments will be lost in time, like tears in rain. Time to die. -Roy Batty
*Also Lyinar's attack panda

sigpic courtesy of This Guy, original modified by me

Lyinar Ka`Bael
Are you looking at my pine tree again?
posted 06-28-2005 07:13:40 PM
Okay Sean, who do you have on ignore and why? You seem more than happy to harrass Mod about his reasons, let's hear yours.

Lyinar Ka`Bael, Piney Fresh Druidess - Luclin

Hostile Makeover
Evil as chocolate covered thistles
posted 06-28-2005 07:14:51 PM
I don't ignore anyone. I prefer to laugh at the occasional bouts of idiocy that reign supreme here.
Mod
Pancake
posted 06-28-2005 07:18:28 PM
quote:
Sean had this to say about John Romero:
It screams overreactionary bullshit. Did you bother to ask her to explain in the thread it happened in, which I can't even find at the moment, because I am completely goddamn inept with the EC search function? Or did you just slap her on ignore and harbor a grudge until some silly little thread like this that actually airs some of this bullshit out in the open?

It happens like clockwork around here. As Chris Rock has said, 'That train is never late.'

I mean, Christ almighty, she was talking about banning some random foreigners from a little art community. It isn't like she called them the fucking warmongering Islamic jihadists that they are, is it?

http://forums.evercrest.com/cgi-bin/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=get_topic&f=1&t=063564¬esok=1

Actually I did comment on it in the same thread and the way it came over was "We're trying to get all turks banned from X, because they're all stalkers" which is different from "We're trying to get a few guys from Turkey banned, because they are stalkers".

Ares
posted 06-28-2005 07:22:54 PM
omg.. I never even re-checked that thread.

Sorry everyone for it coming out like that.

Kait
has made another completely pointless and off-topic post that nobody cares about
posted 06-28-2005 07:23:50 PM
Um, I guess I helped end a misunderstanding between two regular ECers ^-^
See? My thread -doesn't- suck! *pout*
No, Parce, you can't turn this into a flame thread.
"A black cat dropped soundlessly from a high wall, like a spoonful of dark treacle and melted under the gate."
-Elizabeth Lemarchand
Sean
posted 06-28-2005 07:41:19 PM
quote:
Then why did you try to fuck him like a bitch, Lyinar Ka`Bael?
Okay Sean, who do you have on ignore and why? You seem more than happy to harrass Mod about his reasons, let's hear yours.

I've got.. Jackman, Somthor, and Beau that I can think of right off the top of my head. Our definitions of harassment must not share the same page of the dictionary. I'm calling out stupidity as I see it, and you will note I have never brought this subject up with Mod before, which rules out all three Dictionary.com definitions of the word.

Also, Mod: You made no constructive effort to clear up confusion about the comment. "That is pretty racist" is nothing but the limp-wristed passive aggressive bullshit we see all too commonly around here. You could learn something from those tactless fucking Turks and make a stand for yourself.

Edit: 'Stand' twice in one sentence OH THE HUMANITY

Sean fucked around with this message on 06-28-2005 at 07:41 PM.

Lyinar Ka`Bael
Are you looking at my pine tree again?
posted 06-28-2005 07:50:29 PM
And the reasons? What post made you put them on ignore?

Lyinar Ka`Bael, Piney Fresh Druidess - Luclin

Mod
Pancake
posted 06-28-2005 07:52:10 PM
quote:
Sean painfully thought these words up:
I've got.. Jackman, Somthor, and Beau that I can think of right off the top of my head. Our definitions of harassment must not share the same page of the dictionary. I'm calling out stupidity as I see it, and you will note I have never brought this subject up with Mod before, which rules out all three Dictionary.com definitions of the word.

Also, Mod: You made no constructive effort to clear up confusion about the comment. "That is pretty racist" is nothing but the limp-wristed passive aggressive bullshit we see all too commonly around here. You could learn something from those tactless fucking Turks and make a stand for yourself.

Edit: 'Stand' twice in one sentence OH THE HUMANITY

I didn't feel confusion at the time, that is why I just voiced my disapproval by saying that I find that comment racist and moved on, had she gone back and clicked the thread again the whole thing would most likely have been cleared up back then, since she happened to not read it it got cleared up at some random occasion a few months later, it's not like I've been hounding her with a pressure drill ever since in an effort to avenge the Turks who suffered at her cruel bloody hands.

Sean
posted 06-28-2005 07:52:34 PM
Oh, I forgot about Kenn.

None of them have ever entertained me. Even in their stupidity, I have not found humor. So I rid myself of their excess baggage and have continued on. It's the reason people like Kait aren't on ignore: they're funny to mock.

Sean
posted 06-28-2005 07:54:27 PM
quote:
Why, Mod! where you goin' with that shotgun?
I didn't feel confusion at the time, that is why I just voiced my disapproval by saying that I find that comment racist and moved on, had she gone back and clicked the thread again the whole thing would most likely have been cleared up back then, since she happened to not read it it got cleared up at some random occasion a few months later, it's not like I've been hounding her with a pressure drill ever since in an effort to avenge the Turks who suffered at her cruel bloody hands.

But you blame her. For making a comment you found offensive. In hindsight, sure, you could have gone on a lengthy tirade about the evils of some teenage Canadian artist who made an offhand comment about some dirty fucking Arabs, and she never would have seen it to respond, but you didn't. You had an opportunity to meet someone halfway to resolve a conflict and instead chose to leave a cowardly little quip and wander off.

Kait
has made another completely pointless and off-topic post that nobody cares about
posted 06-28-2005 07:54:29 PM
quote:
Sean said this about your mom:
Oh, I forgot about Kenn.

None of them have ever entertained me. Even in their stupidity, I have not found humor. So I rid myself of their excess baggage and have continued on. It's the reason people like Kait aren't on ignore: they're funny to mock.

Sticks and stones may break my bones but words can ruin careers.

"A black cat dropped soundlessly from a high wall, like a spoonful of dark treacle and melted under the gate."
-Elizabeth Lemarchand
Ares
posted 06-28-2005 07:56:52 PM
quote:
Everyone wondered WTF when Sean wrote:
But you blame her. For making a comment you found offensive. In hindsight, sure, you could have gone on a lengthy tirade about the evils of some teenage Canadian artist who made an offhand comment about some dirty fucking Arabs, and she never would have seen it to respond, but you didn't. You had an opportunity to meet someone halfway to resolve a conflict and instead chose to leave a cowardly little quip and wander off.

I'm not a teenager.

And yet, I keep getting asked if I'm 16...

Bloodsage
Heart Attack
posted 06-28-2005 07:57:17 PM
quote:
Verily, the chocolate bunny rabits doth run and play while Sean gently hums:

What's the point in discussing the issue? Is there some inherent goodness in understanding racist morons? Even if it's an accident, where in his contract with the universe does it say he has to help random idiots on the internet discover and correct their mistakes?

To reign is worth ambition, though in Hell:
Better to reign in Hell than serve in Heaven.

--Satan, quoted by John Milton

Kait
posted 06-28-2005 08:00:09 PM
quote:
Bloodsage thought this was the Ricky Martin Fan Club Forum and wrote:
What's the point in discussing the issue? Is there some inherent goodness in understanding racist morons? Even if it's an accident, where in his contract with the universe does it say he has to help random idiots on the internet discover and correct their mistakes?

o.o

-Elizabeth Lemarchand
Sean
posted 06-28-2005 08:02:06 PM
quote:
Mr. Bloodsage? That sounds too much like Mr. Shit.

I don't see the point of wandering around harboring a grudge that hasn't even been let out in the open to fester for a bit. It's about as pointless as a second dick.

Maybe it's just me, but I try to resolve some of my problems from time to time.

Mod
Pancake
posted 06-28-2005 08:04:36 PM
quote:
Sean's fortune cookie read:

What exactly do you expect of me? To go out every time someone makes what appears to be a definite statement I disapprove of and ask them if they really mean it? To instantly detonate into a five page essay every time something offends me? She said something that came over as pretty bad, I commented on it, she didn't reply I left it at that.

Ares
posted 06-28-2005 08:05:47 PM
Sean
posted 06-28-2005 08:07:16 PM
quote:
Because Mod is my friend.
What exactly do you expect of me? To go out every time someone makes what appears to be a definite statement I disapprove of and ask them if they really mean it? To instantly detonate into a five page essay every time something offends me? She said something that came over as pretty bad, I commented on it, she didn't reply I left it at that.

No, I expect you to continue doing what you've done in the past and present, and to also completely ignore anything at all that's been said here, because changing someone's mind over the intarweb is a Herculean effort in futility.

quote:
Because Ares is my friend.
And now I feel like shit over it. Thanks everyone.

I think I've already established that I do not believe it to be your fault.

Sean fucked around with this message on 06-28-2005 at 08:08 PM.

DrPaintThinner
Anti-Semite
posted 06-28-2005 08:14:27 PM
I don't think I'm ignoring anyone.

and

How Can I tell if I'm being ignored by someone?

roit, less bash 'is noggin
Zair
The Imp
posted 06-28-2005 08:16:22 PM
quote:
DrPaintThinner had this to say about Robocop:
[QB

How Can I tell if I'm being ignored by someone?[/QB]

They have a red foe dot next to their name. I'll ignore you for the next hour. Check next to my name.

Ares
posted 06-28-2005 08:17:14 PM
quote:
Sean had this to say about Robocop:
I think I've already established that I do not believe it to be your fault.

Yes, I see that. So why not drop it? It was a miscommunication that was entirely my fault.

Even though I would have liked to have been asked about it VIA PM, or IRC in order to clarify what I was talking about, the issue has been dealt with.

DrPaintThinner
Anti-Semite
posted 06-28-2005 08:18:35 PM
quote:
How.... Zair.... uughhhhhh:
They have a red foe dot next to their name. I'll ignore you for the next hour. Check next to my name.

Awesome thanks! Oh wait.

roit, less bash 'is noggin
JooJooFlop
Hungry Hungry Hippo
posted 06-28-2005 08:19:51 PM
quote:
And I was all like 'Oh yeah?' and Ares was all like:
Yes, I see that. So why not drop it? It was a miscommunication that was entirely my fault.

It's become something bigger than you, toots.

Sean
posted 06-28-2005 08:20:08 PM
quote:
Ares had this to say about Reading Rainbow:
So why not drop it?

Because I'm enjoying myself. Just ask and I will.

Don't ask nicely, though. Ask dirtily.

Sean fucked around with this message on 06-28-2005 at 08:20 PM.

Bloodsage
Heart Attack
posted 06-28-2005 08:22:56 PM
quote:
Quoth Sean:
I don't see the point of wandering around harboring a grudge that hasn't even been let out in the open to fester for a bit. It's about as pointless as a second dick.

Maybe it's just me, but I try to resolve some of my problems from time to time.

Harboring a grudge isn't the only alternative to "working things out," though. What's wrong with just ignoring such a moron, then never giving them a second thought? It's not like they deserve any special consideration.

Sean
posted 06-28-2005 08:25:04 PM
quote:
Bloodsage was listening to Cher while typing:
What's wrong with just ignoring such a moron, then never giving them a second thought?

Absolutely nothing, if you don't give them a second thought. But Mod did, and he brought the subject back up instead of just letting it go.

Bloodsage
Heart Attack
posted 06-28-2005 08:38:45 PM
quote:
Channeling the spirit of Sherlock Holmes, Sean absently fondled Watson and proclaimed:
Absolutely nothing, if you don't give them a second thought. But Mod did, and he brought the subject back up instead of just letting it go.

Ah, you do have a point, though this thread is about people's reasons for ignoring others.

Sean
posted 06-28-2005 08:40:20 PM
quote:
Yes, Bloodsage deserved to die, and I hope they burn in hell!
Ah, you do have a point, though this thread is about people's reasons for ignoring others.

Listen let's not bring circumstance into this.

Bloodsage
Heart Attack
posted 06-28-2005 08:42:06 PM
Right! No circumstantial evidence. How about hearsay?

Someone told me that Mod was really an Australian in drag. Is that admissable?

Sean
posted 06-28-2005 08:44:03 PM
I don't see anything wrong with it. Let's get it on the front page, above the fold.

All times are US/Eastern
Hop To: