EverCrest Message Forums
You are not logged in. Login or Register.
Author
Topic: Tremendous Paladin Nerf
DarkDragoon
Pancake
posted 04-27-2005 12:53:43 AM
To be honest, i'm not sure how you could have missed this point but i'll try and clear it up for you.

No ability in the game if nerfed should make the class completely unplayable.
(Like paladins are complaining right now that they can't win without using DS)

I'm not saying that this is the Paladins fault. Or any other classes fault for what they use. But rather Blizzards for making an ability so powerful, that playing without it is impossible.

P.S. Maradon - Yes, and for anyone that went armorsmithing that has a anti-fear-trinket, or is undead... the warlock will probabely lose. THAT IS WRONG. I will say it one more time. No ability in the game if nerfed should make the class completely unplayable.

DarkDragoon fucked around with this message on 04-27-2005 at 12:58 AM.

"What is Light without Darkness?"
"And to think I could kill every man, woman, and child here if I wanted to. The power of death is intoxicating"
Shadow Knight of Tarew Marr
Eternal Lurker of the Boards.
Maradon!
posted 04-27-2005 01:03:31 AM
quote:
x--DarkDragoonO-('-'Q) :
P.S. Maradon - Yes, and for anyone that went armorsmithing that has a anti-fear-trinket, or is undead... the warlock will probabely lose. THAT IS WRONG. I will say it one more time. No ability in the game if nerfed should make the class completely unplayable.

You're missing the unfortunate reality of the fact that IT SIMPLY ISN'T THAT WAY

ArchAngel
Not a girl, never will be, no matter how much you may hear differently
posted 04-27-2005 01:08:57 AM
DarkDragoon.... I don't often say this but...

You are a fucking dumbass.

"What power would hell have if those imprisoned there could not dream of heaven?" -Dream, Sandman
"When the first living thing existed, I was there waiting. When the last living thing dies, my job will be finished. I'll put the chairs on the tables, turn out the lights, and lock the universe behind me as I leave." -Death, Sandman
"Things need not have happened to be true. Tales and dreams are the shadow truths that will endure when mere facts are dust and ashes, and forgot." Dream, Sandman
Full sigpic image
DarkDragoon
Pancake
posted 04-27-2005 01:13:17 AM
Yes Maradon, however... when something is wrong, but its that way, should you say it's right? NO! I'm sorry, but something is obviously wrong and needs to be changed.

And Arch-Angel... right back at ya

"And to think I could kill every man, woman, and child here if I wanted to. The power of death is intoxicating"
Mr. Parcelan
posted 04-27-2005 01:21:11 AM
quote:
DarkDragoon has the right stuff
To be honest, i'm not sure how you could have missed this point but i'll try and clear it up for you.

I'm sorry, for a minute I thought I was talking with someone who wasn't an idiot. My bad.

How else do you plan for a Paladin to make their kills, then?

How would a Warrior make his kills with Charge and Hamstring?

How would a Rogue make his kills without Stealth?

What class do you play, anyways?

DarkDragoon
Pancake
posted 04-27-2005 01:27:48 AM
Reading comprehension not your friend Parc? Read the point again and try to not be an asshat this time.
Mr. Parcelan
posted 04-27-2005 01:34:55 AM
quote:
How.... DarkDragoon.... uughhhhhh:
Reading comprehension not your friend Parc? Read the point again and try to not be an asshat this time.

Answer the question.

Naj
I asked for a title and didn't get banned!
posted 04-27-2005 01:38:07 AM
quote:
Nobody really understood why DarkDragoon wrote:
Ambush-Vanish-Ambush-Premed-Vanish-Ambush?

I wasn't going to post anything but this is annoying me for some reason.

Premeditation is the Rogue talent that adds 2 combo points to your target while stealthed, you're thinking of Preperation which resets all other Rogue timered abilities.

Sorry, I'll leave now.

DarkDragoon
Pancake
posted 04-27-2005 01:41:37 AM
Whoops, you are right Naj... got them mixed up, my bad.

And Shaman, Parc... not that it makes a difference.

Mr. Parcelan
posted 04-27-2005 01:49:19 AM
quote:
DarkDragoon stumbled drunkenly to the keyboard and typed:
Whoops, you are right Naj... got them mixed up, my bad.

And Shaman, Parc... not that it makes a difference.

Ah, an easy mode class.

How does it not make a difference? Shamans are jacks of all trades. They have snares, buffs, heals, nukes, DoTs and melee. Of course, to you, it seems that if one ability of yours is gone, you can get by, because you've got a bunch of other abilities to fall back on. They have no specialty.

Take a Warrior, Paladin, Rogue, Mage or anything. They have a specialty. How is a Mage supposed to win without his nukes? How is a Paladin supposed to stand up to another class without his survivability? How is a Rogue supposed to fight without his stealth?

Don't try to fight me on this, kid. You won't win.

DarkDragoon
Pancake
posted 04-27-2005 01:59:51 AM
OK, Parc... once again you have managed to completely miss the point... let me turn this around on you. Is it right for will of the forsaken to be in the game? as maradon pointed out, Warlocks will always die if they can't use fear... or, is will of the forsaken, and every other item/ability that negates fear (there are lots of them) not the problem, but the fact that the Warlock class relies so heavily on it?
Mr. Parcelan
posted 04-27-2005 02:03:34 AM
quote:
DarkDragoon obviously shouldn't have said:
OK, Parc... once again you have managed to completely miss the point... let me turn this around on you. Is it right for will of the forsaken to be in the game? as maradon pointed out, Warlocks will always die if they can't use fear... or, is will of the forsaken, and every other item/ability that negates fear (there are lots of them) not the problem, but the fact that the Warlock class relies so heavily on it?

So, first you're gloating over the Paladins' nerf like every Paladin is a child molestor...now you're hinting at the idea that it's not the Paladins, but Blizzard?

Should any of us even bother reading your crap anymore with how fast you switch?

Liam
Swims in Erotic Circles
posted 04-27-2005 02:05:49 AM
once again you've MISSED THE POINT PARCELAN
Mr. Parcelan
posted 04-27-2005 02:08:14 AM
quote:
When the babel fish was in place, it was apparent Liam said:
once again you've MISSED THE POINT PARCELAN

DARKDRAGOON HAS DELIVERED THE ARGUMENT CRITICAL HIT

Liam
Swims in Erotic Circles
posted 04-27-2005 02:09:53 AM
quote:
Mr. Parcelan got a whole lot of nerve:
DARKDRAGOON HAS DELIVERED THE ARGUMENT CRITICAL HIT

YOU CANT EVEN HIT A BARN!!

A BARN YARD OF TRUTH!

Mr. Parcelan
posted 04-27-2005 02:10:59 AM
quote:
Liam was naked while typing this:
YOU CANT EVEN HIT A BARN!!

A BARN YARD OF TRUTH!

DAMMIT, LIAM, STOP OWNING ME

DarkDragoon
Pancake
posted 04-27-2005 02:18:04 AM
Wow parc! You (almost) managed to see 2 seperate points! GO YOU!!! The entire thread you wanted to argue about point #2, which after having no good arguement against, you finally chose to ignore.

My first post, which we were never talking about, that the nerf is right along line with the rogue's not getting cp points after using vanish. (a good thing)

(also you might wanna try not making stuff up in your posts, helps your argument)

Oh, but congrats again on finally getting the italized point! yes... I just finally after all this time started hinting that blizzard may be at fault.

Azymyth
Not gay; just weird
posted 04-27-2005 02:18:25 AM
Dude, DarkDragoon... just shut the fuck up about classes you know nothing about. Forget second hand information whiners from your class forum have lamented about, they know jack-fucking-shit 99% of the time, so unless you've actually played a class to 40+ you are in no position to say how that class should be played/should not be played/what's overpowered/what isn't.
I suffer from CRS: Can't Remember Shit.

Sig pic done by the very talented SJen!

Mr. Parcelan
posted 04-27-2005 02:20:30 AM
quote:
DarkDragoon had this to say about Duck Tales:
Wow parc! You (almost) managed to see 2 seperate points! GO YOU!!! The entire thread you wanted to argue about point #2, which after having no good arguement against, you finally chose to ignore.

My first post, which we were never talking about, that the nerf is right along line with the rogue's not getting cp points after using vanish. (a good thing)

(also you might wanna try not making stuff up in your posts, helps your argument)

Oh, but congrats again on finally getting the italized point! yes... I just finally after all this time started hinting that blizzard may be at fault.

I don't even know what you're talking about now and I think you may actually be talking to someone that isn't there.

Can you hear us, DarkDragoon? How is life in your imaginary world?

ArchAngel
posted 04-27-2005 02:21:52 AM
When both me and Azy agree with Parce, you've lost. Face up to it.
"What power would hell have if those imprisoned there could not dream of heaven?" -Dream, Sandman
"When the first living thing existed, I was there waiting. When the last living thing dies, my job will be finished. I'll put the chairs on the tables, turn out the lights, and lock the universe behind me as I leave." -Death, Sandman
"Things need not have happened to be true. Tales and dreams are the shadow truths that will endure when mere facts are dust and ashes, and forgot." Dream, Sandman
Full sigpic image
DarkDragoon
Pancake
posted 04-27-2005 02:37:09 AM
Indeed, I guess I have lost to the superior "Arguments" put forth here, wait... nobody actually came up with one except "STFU" or "I agree with someone else so that makes me right"

Considering how many times it took saying the same thing to get the italized point, im not surprised you don't know what im talking about.

But if you have no real arguments im done with this.

P.S. Life is quite good here Parc.

Mr. Parcelan
posted 04-27-2005 02:44:46 AM
quote:
DarkDragoon probably says this to all the girls:
Indeed, I guess I have lost to the superior "Arguments" put forth here, wait... nobody actually came up with one except "STFU" or "I agree with someone else so that makes me right"

Considering how many times it took saying the same thing to get the italized point, im not surprised you don't know what im talking about.

But if you have no real arguments im done with this.

P.S. Life is quite good here Parc.

So you're pulling out the "I'm too good for this and I've chosen to ignore your points, so I win" line.

You're lucky I'm such a nice mod, or you'd come out of this with a title to match your ignorance.

P.S. Italicized

DarkDragoon
Pancake
posted 04-27-2005 02:51:06 AM
Mr. Parcelan
posted 04-27-2005 02:52:19 AM
One of the more lame surrenders, but whatever.
DarkDragoon
Pancake
posted 04-27-2005 02:56:05 AM
Well... if it would make you happy I *could* keep going... wouldn't want to let down the parc man... and where did I surrender? Seems to me I was being nice letting the argument go since you never did counter my point.
Azymyth
Not gay; just weird
posted 04-27-2005 02:57:01 AM
Hey! Lookit me! I play Blizzard's pet class! This makes me the authority on all other classes!
I suffer from CRS: Can't Remember Shit.

Sig pic done by the very talented SJen!

Lashanna
noob
posted 04-27-2005 02:59:59 AM
Just a tip... When you're arguing about something, it is sometimes useful to reiterate or atleast hint at what you're referring to. DarkDragoon, nothing personal, just saying that you should consider that the people reading your post have to understand what you're trying to say even if you already know what you're trying to say.

As for this... I think it is a bad thing.

Divine Shield is not a functional retreat ability unless you're in a mass of players and you can disappear into a sea of other players, or if you're able to lose them into a town. The fact that we can attack WHILE USING Divine Shield should suggest that it's not intended just for retreat. You say it shouldn't dominate the class, but I say that Divine Shield embodies the idea of the Paladin: survival, lower damage, burst of power.

Paladins do not make their parties near-invulnerable. If a Paladin that you can't kill is able to keep the rest of the party alive, your damage output isn't really what it ought to be. A Paladin can prolong the lifespan of their party, but supporting four other people will only last for a few seconds. If Paladins tear through your mail-wearing character, then there is something very wrong with your character. Paladins do horrible sustained damage, and RANDOMLY (as in, we cannot control it) have a chance to do some moderate-to-good burst damage in the form of Seal procs.

In dueling, which I am aware is not real PvP, I can almost never go without Divine Shield. It takes a very sloppy warlock, hunter, or a very unlucky warrior, or a very unlucky dagger rogue for me to not use Divine Shield. All in all, atleast 90% of the time, I have to use Divine Shield. In group PvP, Divine Shield is just one of those abilities that I'll end up using every battle, or as often as I can, pretty much. It's a fundamental feature of the class. It is the very extreme of the essence of the Paladin Class: High (complete) damage resistance, debuff removal, even more limited DPS. You play a level sixty Paladin and try coming out on top without Divine Shield or Lay on Hands (Lay on Hands, being the sixty minute timer it is, is not a valid ability to take into account really).

I'm very tired, and have been quite busy lately, so I don't remember if it was in this thread or another thread on the same subject where seomeone brought up Consecration. Consecration, comparatively, does very little damage. Furthermore, it does that damage in an area, over 8 seconds. You can run from it. It's uses are herding opponents (as people instinctively flee from the glowing ground usually, even if they can withstand the small damage), pinging rogues, and recently (the real problem, supposedly) farming contribution points. Apparently some Paladins were running into crowds, consecrating, then fleeing back to their own raid while Divine Shielded. There should be a fix for this, but not the one they made.

I don't understand enough about your class to make a critical internal evaluation, and it's evident you don't know enough about mine to do the same, so please don't. Divine Shield is not the same style of abilities as Vanish or Feign Death and doesn't fill the same role.

Lashanna fucked around with this message on 04-27-2005 at 03:03 AM.

Dad's going to kill you. Really. He is.
Delphi Aegis
Delphi. That's right. The oracle. Ask me anything. Anything about your underwear.
posted 04-27-2005 03:02:53 AM
quote:
DarkDragoon was listening to Cher while typing:

I've won lots of fights (Duels, random encounters, me jumping them, them jumping me, mass PvP, etc.) without fear.

They aren't nerfing the shield. They're making it so that you lose all CP when using it. It doesn't mean you can't use it, just that perhaps you should get your CP from, perhaps healing or using auras or that HoJ. Maybe. Perhaps. Just perhaps.

Lashanna
noob
posted 04-27-2005 03:06:03 AM
quote:
Delphi Aegis's fortune cookie read:
I've won lots of fights (Duels, random encounters, me jumping them, them jumping me, mass PvP, etc.) without fear.

They aren't nerfing the shield. They're making it so that you lose all CP when using it. It doesn't mean you can't use it, just that perhaps you should get your CP from, perhaps healing or using auras or that HoJ. Maybe. Perhaps. Just perhaps.

Yes, because we have to consciously "use auras". They're a toggle. That makes us gimpy plated totems with legs. Healing goes without saying, and Divine Shield still goes into EXTREME use while healing. The reason a Paladin is such a good healer in group PvP is that they can continue to heal despite an enemy's attempts to interrupt/kill them. Hammer of Justice is a sixty second timer, and I don't think there is a Paladin out there who doesn't use it in PvP whenever it is up (unless, of course, they are saving it for a strategic moment).

See Above: I don't understand enough about your class to make a critical internal evaluation, and it's evident you don't know enough about mine to do the same, so please don't.

Lashanna fucked around with this message on 04-27-2005 at 03:08 AM.

Mr. Parcelan
posted 04-27-2005 03:07:10 AM
quote:
DarkDragoon had this to say about Matthew Broderick:
Well... if it would make you happy I *could* keep going... wouldn't want to let down the parc man... and where did I surrender? Seems to me I was being nice letting the argument go since you never did counter my point.

Wow, this isn't an act, is it? You really are this clueless.

Delphi Aegis
Delphi. That's right. The oracle. Ask me anything. Anything about your underwear.
posted 04-27-2005 03:14:05 AM
quote:
Lashanna had this to say about Duck Tales:
Yes, because we have to consciously "use auras". They're a toggle. That makes us gimpy plated totems with legs. Healing goes without saying, and Divine Shield still goes into EXTREME use while healing. The reason a Paladin is such a good healer in group PvP is that they can continue to heal despite an enemy's attempts to interrupt/kill them. Hammer of Justice is a sixty second timer, and I don't think there is a Paladin out there who doesn't use it in PvP whenever it is up (unless, of course, they are saving it for a strategic moment).

See Above: I don't understand enough about your class to make a critical internal evaluation, and it's evident you don't know enough about mine to do the same, so please don't.

True. But from what I've experienced, paladins never.. ever. Ever do ANYTHING worthwhile while in the shield. They can hearth okay, but.. any damage they do is reduced and all they really seem to do on my server is use it at 1/3 health and run behind their lines to wait for the timer again.

I'm rediscovering how ungodly sick curse of Exahaustion is, though. Nothing gets away from me (Grim/Destructive reach = ).

Lashanna
noob
posted 04-27-2005 03:14:53 AM
They can only Hearth in the shield at 60 if you're sloppy.
Mr. Parcelan
posted 04-27-2005 03:16:57 AM
Some Paladin used her shield to defend against my rogue buddies while chasing me around at low health.
Delphi Aegis
posted 04-27-2005 03:17:03 AM
quote:
Lashanna stopped beating up furries long enough to write:
They can only Hearth in the shield at 60 if you're sloppy.

Isn't the shield at 60 12 seconds... 2 seconds more then they need to hearth?

I've seen it done a lot for raids on UC/Org and the like, heh.

ArchAngel
posted 04-27-2005 03:24:46 AM
Hearthing while shielded is easy. Them being sloppy has nothing to do with it, since they can do jack shit about it.

Note: I think this is a pretty crappy thing to do, just saying it's easy.

ArchAngel fucked around with this message on 04-27-2005 at 03:25 AM.

Full sigpic image
Blackened
posted 04-27-2005 05:31:46 AM
Let it be known that Lashanna's input on Paladins is completely correct, and anyone who dares disagree is completely wrong, and also a faggot.

As for the rest of the thread: tl;dr

Although my distaste for you as a human being is brobdingnagian,
what I'm about to do isn't personal.
Mr. Parcelan
posted 04-27-2005 05:44:51 AM
quote:
Blackened had this to say about Reading Rainbow:
Let it be known that Lashanna's input on Paladins is completely correct, and anyone who dares disagree is completely wrong, and also a faggot.

As for the rest of the thread: tl;dr

She given you the time of day yet?

Blackened
posted 04-27-2005 05:57:09 AM
quote:
Mr. Parcelan wrote this then went back to looking for porn:
She given you the time of day yet?
tl;dr

Although my distaste for you as a human being is brobdingnagian,
what I'm about to do isn't personal.
Mr. Parcelan
posted 04-27-2005 06:27:22 AM
quote:
The logic train ran off the tracks when Blackened said:
tl;dr

The Pact is Sealed.

Snoota
Now I am become Death, shatterer of worlds
posted 04-27-2005 08:42:53 AM
You guys ever feel like you've done something before?
All times are US/Eastern
Hop To: