EverCrest Message Forums
You are not logged in. Login or Register.
Author
Topic: Did I miss something?
Tegadil
Queen of the Smoofs
posted 01-19-2005 03:13:44 PM
quote:
Katrinity's account was hax0red to write:
There is no such thing as Bronze veins...Bronze is a compound metal. You have to mine Tin veins and combine one tin bar with one copper bar to make 2 bronze bars.

Indeed. And on another note, silver, gold, and truesilver are rare spawns in the place of tin, iron and mithril/thorium, respectively. Once tin goes green or so, just head on down to the Alliance equivalent of 1K Needles and go iron hunting.

Katrinity
Cookie Goddess!
posted 01-19-2005 03:16:06 PM
quote:
Tegadil enlisted the help of an infinite number of monkeys to write:
Indeed. And on another note, silver, gold, and truesilver are rare spawns in the place of tin, iron and mithril/thorium, respectively. Once tin goes green or so, just head on down to the Alliance equivalent of 1K Needles and go iron hunting.

Tin goes green way before you can do iron. You have to hunt down silver and tin to slowly get it up to 125 before you can mine and smelt iron.

Cookie Goddess Supreme
Furry Kitsune of Power!
Pouncer of the 12th degree!
"Cxularath ftombn gonoragh pv'iornw hqxoxon targh!"
Translated: "Sell your soul for a cookie?"
Cherveny
Papaya
posted 01-19-2005 03:16:30 PM
quote:
Katrinity had this to say about Duck Tales:
There is no such thing as Bronze veins...Bronze is a compound metal. You have to mine Tin veins and combine one tin bar with one copper bar to make 2 bronze bars.

Ah, did not know this.

I have seen one Tin vein so far, guarded by a bunch of Defias. Will have to work at getting some more, as I have a bunch of engineering recipies using bronze now.

Tegadil
Queen of the Smoofs
posted 01-19-2005 03:19:21 PM
quote:
Katrinity said this about your mom:
Tin goes green way before you can do iron. You have to hunt down silver and tin to slowly get it up to 125 before you can mine and smelt iron.

I was guessing at it

Also, when you first are able to smelt a metal, you will gain skillups for a short time, although you'll have gone grey in the smelting area before you get much of that metal. So get your guildmates to let you smelt whatever metal you just learned the skill from and hand it back over to em for a few quick skillups.

Edit: From checking Thott right quick, it appears that there is quite a bit of tin in Loch Modan.

Tegadil fucked around with this message on 01-19-2005 at 03:21 PM.

Katrinity
Cookie Goddess!
posted 01-19-2005 03:19:44 PM
www.thotbot.com is a good source of finding mining spots. Go looking through their tradeskill skill guides. Click on the ore you are hunting for. A list of NPCs, monsters, or items (chests, veins) that drops that ore should appear under the Ore info. Click on a vein name and you then should have a list of veins for each zone that it appears in. Click on map beside a zone and it will show various points where those veins will spawn in a zone.
Cookie Goddess Supreme
Furry Kitsune of Power!
Dr. Gee
Say it Loud, Say it Plowed!
posted 01-19-2005 03:21:11 PM
Isn't there also a UI mod that marks your map every time you harvest something?
Katrinity
Cookie Goddess!
posted 01-19-2005 03:31:18 PM
quote:
Dr. Gee's fortune cookie read:
Isn't there also a UI mod that marks your map every time you harvest something?

Cosmos does it I think. I don't use that though!

Cookie Goddess Supreme
Furry Kitsune of Power!
Cherveny
Papaya
posted 01-19-2005 03:39:08 PM
quote:
Katrinity wrote this stupid crap:
Cosmos does it I think. I don't use that though!

I use Cosmos. If Cosmos does it, I have yet to find that feature.

Hadn't thought of checking thottbot for this (usually check it for just about every quest I do), but you're right, nice maps of the veins. Now I can't wait to get home from work and do some more mining.

Cavalier-
Pancake
posted 01-19-2005 04:23:30 PM
Two things:

One) Never had any queue problems logging in to Darkspear.

Two) Drysart 2 - Maradon 0
For this thread at least.. I dont think there is enough computational power in the entire universe to keep track of all the EC threads over the past 5+ years where Drysart has pwned Maradon on various topics and facts..

Cavalier- fucked around with this message on 01-19-2005 at 04:26 PM.

Rodent King
Stabbed in the Eye
posted 01-19-2005 07:43:31 PM
Didn't know PA could retract their awards.
My inner child is bigger than my outer adult.
Densetsu
NOT DRYSART
posted 01-20-2005 12:08:37 AM
quote:
Rodent King stumbled drunkenly to the keyboard and typed:
Didn't know PA could retract their awards.

Holy shit.

I was in the Virgin Islands once. I met a girl, we ate lobster, drank piƱa coladas. At sunset, we made love like sea otters. That was a pretty good day. Why couldn't I get that day over, and over?
El Cuchillo
RETARD! DO NOT FEED!
posted 01-20-2005 01:56:36 AM
quote:
Cherveny wrote, obviously thinking too hard:
On Earthen Ring, the largest queue I've ever had was 20 people, and that only usually on days when another set of servers went down, and people hopped over to ours.

I usually get about 1 buggy mine spot a day. That is very annoying, as I find I can't mine again until I logout and in again.

Every time this has happened to me, I've been able to fix it by finding another vein. Does this not work for you?

Strip Club - Online Comic Reader and Archiver for Linux and Windows (and maybe OSX)
Cherveny
Papaya
posted 01-20-2005 12:45:06 PM
quote:
So quoth El Cuchillo:
Every time this has happened to me, I've been able to fix it by finding another vein. Does this not work for you?

Unfortunately no. When this happens to me, I cannot stand up (permanent crouch, even while moving), cannot mine any other veins (mining icon stays grey), and cannot loot corpses of creatures killed.

Only way I have been able to clear it was logging out.

I've tried it with Cosmos uninstalled (and interface, WTF and WDB folders trashed) and installed, and seen the same behaviour.

Blackened
posted 01-20-2005 02:32:46 PM
quote:
Cherveny probably says this to all the girls:
When this happens to me, I cannot stand up (permanent crouch, even while moving), cannot mine any other veins (mining icon stays grey), and cannot loot corpses of creatures killed.

Although my distaste for you as a human being is brobdingnagian,
what I'm about to do isn't personal.
Cherveny
Papaya
posted 01-20-2005 02:36:08 PM
quote:
This one time, at Blackened camp:

Heh, exactly.

Tarquinn
Personally responsible for the decline of the American Dollar
posted 01-21-2005 02:00:55 AM
quote:
Blackened spewed forth this undeniable truth:

Indeed.

~Never underestimate the power of a Dark Clown.
Delphi Aegis
Delphi. That's right. The oracle. Ask me anything. Anything about your underwear.
posted 01-21-2005 03:21:47 AM
I play on Argent Dawn, one of the most populous RP servers (as RP servers go.)

I have only ever waited in the queue ONCE, and that was on a friday night when I didn't log on early enough for a raid (oops).

Other then massive PvP, the server has been stable and playable for my entire stay on the server.

Make an alt for a few days? Always wanted to play a hunter myself...

Talonus
Loner
posted 01-21-2005 07:45:44 AM
Some folks don't have queues. Good for them. Several servers have queues. Long queues.

A number of servers just had their boats removed to fix lag too. Yes, boats. Blizzard thinks they may be causing lag, so they removed them and put in teleporter NPCs... that can be killed easily. The servers came down several hours for that too. Take that as you will.

Tarquinn
Personally responsible for the decline of the American Dollar
posted 01-21-2005 08:03:50 AM
quote:
The logic train ran off the tracks when Talonus said:
Blizzard thinks they may be causing lag, so they removed them and put in teleporter NPCs... that can be killed easily.

Can they? What level are they?

Oh and they removed the boats because of multiple disconnects and not because of the lag. According to Blizzard at least.

~Never underestimate the power of a Dark Clown.
Talonus
Loner
posted 01-21-2005 08:09:54 AM
quote:
Tarquinn had this to say about Jimmy Carter:
Can they? What level are they?

Oh and they removed the boats because of multiple disconnects and not because of the lag. According to Blizzard at least.

Unsure of the level offhand. I play Horde on a PvP server, so have no reason to use the boats they removed.

Odd, I heard it was causing lag myself. *shrugs* They're looking for anything that could cause a problem on those servers now I guess.

All times are US/Eastern
Hop To: