EverCrest Message Forums
You are not logged in. Login or Register.
Author
Topic: Woo! Level 40!
Inferno-Spirit
Sports Advocate
posted 12-14-2004 07:13:33 PM
quote:
This one time, at Maradon! camp:
That's not grinding, that's completing a quest. Fae is talking about going out and leveling by killing things in order to be able to complete a quest.

Same thing, different name.

I spent two hours killing the same thing over and over and over and I had nothing to show for it that grinding woulnd't.

Silverpine also has a lack of quests in the 17-20 range. I had to grind to be able to complete higher quests simply because I didn't have any.(That were completable, anyway. A level 27 Elite quest should not be assigned to a 17 Warrior for any reason) Eventually I got sick of it and went to the Barrens. I was hoping to not have to go there, so my alt wouldn't have to do quests I've already done.

"He lets the last Hungarian go, and he goes running. He waits until his wife and kids are in the ground and he goes after the rest of the mob. He kills their kids, he kills their wives, he kills their parents and their parents' friends. He burns down the houses they grew up in and the stores they work in, he kills people that owe them money. And like that he was gone. Underground. No one has ever seen him again. He becomes a myth, a spook story that criminals tell their kids at night. 'If you rat on your pop, Keyser Soze will get you.' And nobody really ever believes." - Roger 'Verbal' Kint, The Usual Suspects
Delphi Aegis
Delphi. That's right. The oracle. Ask me anything. Anything about your underwear.
posted 12-14-2004 07:13:38 PM
quote:
The logic train ran off the tracks when Talonus said:
I believe the centaur quests would fall under that. Basically, to start doing the line of quests you have to heavily grind to gain faction. If I remember correctly, there isn't a reward for doing the grinding either.

Delphi, you have to pay 80h or 100g total for it. If you're honored in your home city, which you should be, it'll cost you 80g total to buy it from there. If you're not honored, it'll cost 100g total.

.. WAR. LOCK. Nightmare. FREE MOUNT. I understand there's the 20g riding training and 100g horse proper. I want to know if I have to train (Besides doing a quest) to ride the NIGHTMARE!

Faelynn LeAndris
Lusty busty redheaded wood elf with sharp claws
posted 12-14-2004 07:16:45 PM
quote:
Delphi Aegis had this to say about Knight Rider:
Instead of finding other stuff to kill at 37 to kill a level 40 demon (MOTHERFUCKER HAS TO DIE) for the Orb of Orah'hil quest, I just enlisted a couple of friends and we beat the shit out of him. Twice.

Which is exactly what I'm talking about doing. She can either grind and be able to do it alone, or she can just get some people to help her do something and get it over and done with. Then she will ONLY get the quest experience, and not outlevel any other quests, but be done with that one. Also doing nothing but quests is infinitely more fun that street cleaning, or random killing.

Point is she will not, in any way, lose out on anything by just getting her quests done. Quests are where its all at, and going from one quest immediately to another and so on, will not make her outlevel quests nearly as fast as fighting in between em, and getting extra experience from killing random mobs while DOING a quest, but she will level exceptionally faster than doing everything on her own since the bulk of EXP comes from questing, while also not missing out on any quests since ALL she would be doing is quests.

She'll actually get MORE of the game experience doing nothing but burning through quests, since she wont outlevel them but instead move right through em, unlike if she was killing in between and gaining levels at the same time she was doing quests. Since she is only relying on the quest experience to level.

My LAUNCHCast Station
"Respect the Forest, Fear the Ranger"
I got lost for an hour and became god.
Delphi Aegis
Delphi. That's right. The oracle. Ask me anything. Anything about your underwear.
posted 12-14-2004 07:20:05 PM
Fae.. stop talking about WoW.. Cos it makes my brain hurt when you start randomly capitolizing LETTERS to prove a point OF doom or something.

Talonus
Loner
posted 12-14-2004 07:24:42 PM
quote:
Delphi Aegis had this to say about Punky Brewster:
.. WAR. LOCK. Nightmare. FREE MOUNT. I understand there's the 20g riding training and 100g horse proper. I want to know if I have to train (Besides doing a quest) to ride the NIGHTMARE!

Hey, I shouldn't be expected to look both at your post and your character levels. That's too much work. You still have to pay for the skill if I remember right.

By the way Fae, you'll have to grind some at higher levels regardless of what you do. Well, the Horde do at least. Alliance have it easier, so they might not have to.

Talonus fucked around with this message on 12-14-2004 at 07:26 PM.

Delphi Aegis
posted 12-15-2004 03:17:44 AM
Update: Asked a fresh 40 warlock.. after the quest, the mount is entirely free.
Tarquinn
Personally responsible for the decline of the American Dollar
posted 12-15-2004 03:19:18 AM
quote:
Delphi Aegis attempted to be funny by writing:
Update: Asked a fresh 40 warlock.. after the quest, the mount is entirely free.

How unfair. ´=(

I want a flying carpet or something.

~Never underestimate the power of a Dark Clown.
Delphi Aegis
posted 12-15-2004 03:23:22 AM
quote:
Tarquinn was listening to Cher while typing:
How unfair. ´=(

I want a flying carpet or something.

Okay, it's not totally free.

I think I need a soul shard to summon it. (I WANT A FUCKING SOUL SHARD BAG GOD DAMNIT! >:()

Mr. Parcelan
posted 12-15-2004 03:44:47 AM
Rumors abound that the Warlock and Paladin mounts will either be moved to regular mounts or their quest difficulties will be increased severely
Tier
posted 12-15-2004 04:26:47 AM
quote:
We were all impressed when Maradon! wrote:
That's weird. I got artisan alchemy at 25 :\

No you didn't.

You got Expert alchemist, which happens to be taught by an Artisan alchemist. You'll find getting to Artisan implies running your skinny bones through Alliance lands, through Deadwind pass and into Swamp of Sorrows.

Zair
The Imp
posted 12-15-2004 04:44:01 AM
quote:
Mr. Parcelan had this to say about Optimus Prime:
Rumors abound that the Warlock and Paladin mounts will either be moved to regular mounts or their quest difficulties will be increased severely

Now I'm depressed and that makes me wish I had the time to rush to 40 and get my mount before this potentially happens.

I'd be cool with making the quest incredibly more difficult, but changing them to regular mounts you have to pay for would just suck

Zair fucked around with this message on 12-15-2004 at 04:44 AM.

Talonus
Loner
posted 12-15-2004 07:49:35 AM
quote:
And I was all like 'Oh yeah?' and Zair was all like:
I'd be cool with making the quest incredibly more difficult, but changing them to regular mounts you have to pay for would just suck

Needs to be nerfed IMHO. They threw paladins and warlocks a bone in beta by giving them the mounts, back when they sucked, as something to shut them up a bit. I don't think one can say either class sucks anymore, so why should they keep the free mount?

Faelynn LeAndris
Lusty busty redheaded wood elf with sharp claws
posted 12-15-2004 07:51:23 AM
quote:
Delphi Aegis attempted to be funny by writing:
Fae.. stop talking about WoW.. Cos it makes my brain hurt when you start randomly capitolizing LETTERS to prove a point OF doom or something.

Shutup Delphi, it easier than using italics, and you're just being an ass.

My LAUNCHCast Station
"Respect the Forest, Fear the Ranger"
I got lost for an hour and became god.
Trent
Smurfberry Moneyshot
posted 12-15-2004 08:02:15 AM
quote:
Delphi Aegis is a knob for writing:

quote:
Delphi Aegis stumbled drunkenly to the keyboard and typed:

Bwahahahaha.

Bloodcookie
Pancake
posted 12-15-2004 09:06:14 AM
quote:
This one time, at Mr. Parcelan camp:

The final dialogue of the Warlock quest itself implies that it will be an increase in quest difficulty.

""...destructive analysis of the familiar is the only method of approach to an understanding of fundamentally different modes of expression." -Edward Sapir, Language
Zair
The Imp
posted 12-15-2004 09:55:02 AM
quote:
This insanity brought to you by Talonus:
Needs to be nerfed IMHO. They threw paladins and warlocks a bone in beta by giving them the mounts, back when they sucked, as something to shut them up a bit. I don't think one can say either class sucks anymore, so why should they keep the free mount?

Because it is fun to have interesting, class only abilities? Plus, this one is only negative to other players in a "making them jealous" sort of way; it doesn't really imbalance PvP or even PvE (as far as I know).

Talonus
Loner
posted 12-15-2004 10:34:53 AM
quote:
Zair had this to say about Tron:
Because it is fun to have interesting, class only abilities? Plus, this one is only negative to other players in a "making them jealous" sort of way; it doesn't really imbalance PvP or even PvE (as far as I know).

Plenty of class only abilities between the two. Hell, Warlock has a profession only recipe right now. They're the only ones who can make the Gnomish Death Ray right now, as it a minor soul stone. Before warlock re-rez was changed back in beta you could trade them, but you haven't been able to since and the recipe wasn't changed. According to a GM, this is "working as intended" and there is no ETA on a fix. So right now, only warlocks can use one of the best trinkets.

As far as the mounts, 100g is pretty significant to most people and most aren't able to afford one by 40, unless they've gotten lucky with drops. It is a pretty significant help in PvP, as there's no way to escape/catch someone on a mount if you don't have one. In PvE, it just makes life a lot easier. Why not let all classes have access to one via some quest?

Zair
The Imp
posted 12-15-2004 10:58:04 AM
quote:
Check out the big brain on Talonus!

As far as the mounts, 100g is pretty significant to most people and most aren't able to afford one by 40, unless they've gotten lucky with drops. It is a pretty significant help in PvP, as there's no way to escape/catch someone on a mount if you don't have one. In PvE, it just makes life a lot easier. Why not let all classes have access to one via some quest?

Shamans have a travel form that increases speed by 40% at level 20. Why not have all classes have access to a travel form at level 20?

Also, doesn't the mount have a summonig time, actually given the merchant-bought mount an advantage in PvP situations?

Talonus
Loner
posted 12-15-2004 11:22:00 AM
quote:
Zair had this to say about Duck Tales:
Shamans have a travel form that increases speed by 40% at level 20. Why not have all classes have access to a travel form at level 20?

Also, doesn't the mount have a summonig time, actually given the merchant-bought mount an advantage in PvP situations?

Bad comparison. Several classes have a movement spell; druids, shamans, hunters, and to a lesser extent rogues. Ask for all of these to be removed or all to be given. Why focus purely on shamans? If you want to take away their wolf form, at least give them a root. They're the only class who can't stop a player/mob in some form (besides using the net-o-matic), and thus need to be able to chase.

All mounts have a summoning time.

Zair
The Imp
posted 12-15-2004 11:37:14 AM
quote:
There was much rejoicing when Talonus said this:
Bad comparison. Several classes have a movement spell; druids, shamans, hunters, and to a lesser extent rogues. Ask for all of these to be removed or all to be given. Why focus purely on shamans? If you want to take away their wolf form, at least give them a root. They're the only class who can't stop a player/mob in some form (besides using the net-o-matic), and thus need to be able to chase.

I don't want to take away their wolf form, I just want to point out they have an ability other classes lack. This is ok, in fact it is good.

If having a free mount is very important to a lot of people, then they can feel free to play a character who gets that. I don't complain because warlocks don't get wolf form. If I wanted wolf form, I would be a shaman.

Warlocks and paladins don't even have a travel ability that is unattainable by other classes, they just get it easier.

Zair fucked around with this message on 12-15-2004 at 11:38 AM.

Talonus
Loner
posted 12-15-2004 11:50:55 AM
quote:
Zair had this to say about Pirotess:
I don't want to take away their wolf form, I just want to point out they have an ability other classes lack. This is ok, in fact it is good.

If having a free mount is very important to a lot of people, then they can feel free to play a character who gets that. I don't complain because warlocks don't get wolf form. If I wanted wolf form, I would be a shaman.

Warlocks and paladins don't even have a travel ability that is unattainable by other classes, they just get it easier.

Thing is, who needs other travel forms once you have a mount? It all becomes moot then really, except as a quick escape device. In that case, shamans have the worst escape device without wolf form to balance it out.

I bitch because I don't want to have to pay 100g!

Aaron (the good one)
posted 12-16-2004 06:29:31 AM
1) I want my free Horsie. I gotta blow all my gold on Plate Mail when I hit 40. Sux2bu Warriors.

2) They can change pally horse quest AFTER I get my horsie at 40. Only 4 levels away!

3) Level 36-40 is the first time in my Paladin's life where he has to grind. And Grind he shall in the Valley of Bones in Desolace! One wave of Ravagers gets me a full bubble and I can do a wave in about 10-12 minutes.

Galbadia Hotel - Video Game Music
I am Canadian and I hate The Tragically Hip
Delphi Aegis
posted 12-16-2004 12:50:00 PM
quote:
Talonus had this to say about Duck Tales:

All mounts have a summoning time.

Since when can a warlock root something? Pets don't count. I have to keep a VERY VERY close eye on my pet, his taunt, my health, and the damage I'm doing if I want to NOT get hit in battle.. which I almost always do.. while draining life.

Talonus
Loner
posted 12-16-2004 01:03:33 PM
quote:
Delphi Aegis's unholy Backstreet Boys obsession manifested in:
Since when can a warlock root something? Pets don't count. I have to keep a VERY VERY close eye on my pet, his taunt, my health, and the damage I'm doing if I want to NOT get hit in battle.. which I almost always do.. while draining life.

I said at least a root. Warlocks get fear. Better than a root, since mobs can't attack/cast while feared.

Delphi Aegis
posted 12-16-2004 01:05:16 PM
quote:
Talonus impressed everyone with:
I said at least a root. Warlocks get fear. Better than a root, since mobs can't attack/cast while feared.

Fear his hiiiiiighly situational. It works on beasts fine, since (generally) they don't give social aggro, it's useless in intelligent being fights.

Talonus
Loner
posted 12-16-2004 01:13:03 PM
quote:
Delphi Aegis Model 2000 was programmed to say:
Fear his hiiiiiighly situational. It works on beasts fine, since (generally) they don't give social aggro, it's useless in intelligent being fights.

I believe escape tool would fall under the situation where its most useful, which is what I was referring to mainly.

Nae
Fun with Chocolate
posted 12-16-2004 01:27:28 PM
I have used fear as a way to escape things beating on me before, but the thing I use most of the time now is Sacrifice. I start running while my pet taunts, then when he is almost dead, I Sac him and it runes me. I figure I am going to have to make a new pet anyway, I might as well have a use out of the old pet.

We warlocks also have Banish Demon, which is useful to stun a demon and run, as it can't attack you or be attacked for a period of time.

I actually used it yesterday while I was doing my Felhunter quest, the Felhunter I had to summon and fight was tearing up my VW so I Banished it, and used that time to heal my pet and then myself. Once the spell wore off I re-dotted it and it died super fast.

As for the horses, I think it's just class jealousy to whine about Paladins and Warlocks getting the mounts. Warlocks are master Summoners, why shouldn't we be able to summon a demon horse? For us not to would be stupid.

Paladins in many games (like EQ for example) get free mounts, so why whine? Paladins are the knights in shining armor, it stands to reason that they would have a trusty steed.

Delphi Aegis
posted 12-16-2004 01:27:50 PM
quote:
Talonus had this to say about Punky Brewster:
I believe escape tool would fall under the situation where its most useful, which is what I was referring to mainly.

Well, now that I know it's an "escape tool" you were referring to, you're still kinda wrong. One target can be feared at a time. Until 40 when I get howl (5 yd AE fear), if I get more then one add, and I don't have the VW out with suffering up.. I'm boned.

Edit: What Nae said!

Delphi Aegis fucked around with this message on 12-16-2004 at 01:28 PM.

Nae
Fun with Chocolate
posted 12-16-2004 01:57:14 PM
I would suggest finding an Alchemist to make you some sprint potions too. They really come in handy sometimes.
Naimah
In a Fire
posted 12-16-2004 08:12:48 PM
Mages have to constantly pay for their movemant ability, so yea.

I have nothing else to contribute to this thread.

All times are US/Eastern
Hop To: