EverCrest Message Forums
You are not logged in. Login or Register.
Author
Topic: Call for Adventurers!
`Doc
Cold in an Alley
posted 01-16-2004 08:43:35 PM
quote:
Ferret really knows where their towel is...
You might as well announce it here, that way people won't think "She just hasn't sent my PM yet."
Agreed.
Base eight is just like base ten, really... if you're missing two fingers. - Tom Lehrer
There are people in this world who do not love their fellow human beings, and I hate people like that! - Tom Lehrer
I want to be a race car passenger; just a guy who bugs the driver. "Say man, can I turn on the radio? You should slow down. Why do we gotta keep going in circles? Can I put my feet out the window? Man, you really like Tide..." - Mitch Hedberg
Please keep your arms, legs, heads, tails, tentacles, pseudopods, wings, and/or other limb-like structures inside the ride at all times.
Please submit all questions, inquests, and/or inquiries, in triplicate, to the Department of Redundancy Department, Division for the Management of Division Management Divisions.

Alek
Not The Rapist
posted 01-16-2004 08:57:09 PM
quote:
From the book of Ford Prefect, chapter 3, verse 16:
Agreed.

Definitely.

"Love wisdom, and she will make you great. Embrace her, and she will bring you honour. She will be your crowning glory."
-Proverbs 4:8-9
Katrinity
Cookie Goddess!
posted 01-16-2004 09:07:20 PM
As I said, just cause you didn't make the list, you will still be put on the replacement list if anyone has a problem playing or a slot opens up anyway.

Party List:

Alaan
Ford Perfect
Niklas
Taylen
Ferret
Vise

Cookie Goddess Supreme
Furry Kitsune of Power!
Pouncer of the 12th degree!
"Cxularath ftombn gonoragh pv'iornw hqxoxon targh!"
Translated: "Sell your soul for a cookie?"
Niklas
hay guys whats going on in this title?
posted 01-16-2004 09:15:11 PM

Now I better go to sleep though. Just remember I'm an utter newbie at this, Kat

Katrinity
Cookie Goddess!
posted 01-16-2004 09:16:17 PM
quote:
ACES! Another post by Niklas:

Now I better go to sleep though. Just remember I'm an utter newbie at this, Kat

Thats why I tried to balance inexperienced players with vets.

Cookie Goddess Supreme
Furry Kitsune of Power!
King Parcelan
Chicken of the Sea
posted 01-16-2004 09:17:32 PM
quote:
Katrinity had this to say about Tron:
Party List:

Ford Perfect

It was a good game while it lasted.

Ferret
Poing! Poing!
posted 01-16-2004 09:17:47 PM
Awesome, I'll make out a character sheet and send it to you as soon as I can, Kat.

Niklas, if you need help with anything just let me know.

Katrinity
Cookie Goddess!
posted 01-16-2004 09:19:37 PM
quote:
King Parcelan spewed forth this undeniable truth:
It was a good game while it lasted.

Shoosh you.

Cookie Goddess Supreme
Furry Kitsune of Power!
King Parcelan
Chicken of the Sea
posted 01-16-2004 09:30:39 PM
quote:
Katrinity thought this was the Ricky Martin Fan Club Forum and wrote:
Shoosh you.

Koosh you.

*whacks Katrinity with Koosh-Man*

Katrinity
Cookie Goddess!
posted 01-16-2004 09:32:30 PM
quote:
King Parcelan got all f'ed up on Angel Dust and wrote:
Koosh you.

<counters with Tickle-Me Cookie Monster!>

Cookie Goddess Supreme
Furry Kitsune of Power!
King Parcelan
Chicken of the Sea
posted 01-16-2004 09:33:47 PM
quote:
Katrinity had this to say about Pirotess:
<counters with Tickle-Me Cookie Monster!>

I'll just sit off to the side and giggle nefariously, then.

Y.O.T.C
No longer a Towel Girl
posted 01-17-2004 04:19:08 AM
2 of the better waiszlings rp wise, excelent choice.
`Doc
Cold in an Alley
posted 01-17-2004 09:35:04 AM
So shall we see the cookie crumble the curse of F.O.R.D. so fiendishly flaunted? Or will the persistent Parcelan prove his position as prophet of a predestined plummet into pretermission? Only time will tell!

Someone hide my thesaurus. Please?

Base eight is just like base ten, really... if you're missing two fingers. - Tom Lehrer
There are people in this world who do not love their fellow human beings, and I hate people like that! - Tom Lehrer
I want to be a race car passenger; just a guy who bugs the driver. "Say man, can I turn on the radio? You should slow down. Why do we gotta keep going in circles? Can I put my feet out the window? Man, you really like Tide..." - Mitch Hedberg
Please keep your arms, legs, heads, tails, tentacles, pseudopods, wings, and/or other limb-like structures inside the ride at all times.
Please submit all questions, inquests, and/or inquiries, in triplicate, to the Department of Redundancy Department, Division for the Management of Division Management Divisions.

Niklas
posted 01-17-2004 11:45:18 AM
quote:
Ferret had this to say about Matthew Broderick:
Awesome, I'll make out a character sheet and send it to you as soon as I can, Kat.

Niklas, if you need help with anything just let me know.

cheers, I'm more or less sorted out now I think.. Just need to finish the final edit..

Alaan
posted 01-17-2004 04:44:06 PM
Just glancing through the sheets really quick, Niklas, I think you are missing some feats. Should have 1 from level 1, 1 from lvl 3, one from lvl 6, and one bonus Metamagic feat at level 5.
Niklas
posted 01-17-2004 04:58:12 PM
quote:
Alaan had this to say about Captain Planet:
Just glancing through the sheets really quick, Niklas, I think you are missing some feats. Should have 1 from level 1, 1 from lvl 3, one from lvl 6, and one bonus Metamagic feat at level 5.

gaah, danke

[so two more if I could extend spell as my metamagic..]

Edit: are you sure about the bonus metamagic? the char creator won't let me get another..

[ 01-17-2004: Message edited by: Niklas ]

Alaan
posted 01-17-2004 05:02:45 PM
Goofed a bit. You don't get another metamagic. Looked at the wizard instead of sorc. page.

[ 01-17-2004: Message edited by: Alaan ]

Niklas
posted 01-17-2004 05:09:10 PM
kk
Alaan
posted 01-17-2004 10:21:52 PM
Well, Nik had an error, I had an error, now it is Ferret's turn! YOu have Weapon Finesse: Longsword as a feat but that is not a valid weapon for the feat. Will have to fix that to some extent.
Ferret
Poing! Poing!
posted 01-17-2004 11:34:45 PM
quote:
Alaan had this to say about Punky Brewster:
Well, Nik had an error, I had an error, now it is Ferret's turn! YOu have Weapon Finesse: Longsword as a feat but that is not a valid weapon for the feat. Will have to fix that to some extent.

Oh Jeebus it is? Bah. Time to pick a new weapon than.

Oh cool, there's no 10 minute edit thing there either.

[ 01-17-2004: Message edited by: Ferret ]

Y.O.T.C
No longer a Towel Girl
posted 01-18-2004 02:29:00 AM
quote:
Ferret had this to say about Robocop:
Oh Jeebus it is? Bah. Time to pick a new weapon than.

Oh cool, there's no 10 minute edit thing there either.

I suggest Rapier.. Rapier is for the pokeing of people.

Alaan
posted 01-18-2004 11:49:31 AM
quote:
Hello Cuthy attempted to be funny by writing:
I suggest Rapier.. Rapier is for the pokeing of people.

Just kind of funny thinking of a Paladin with a rapier. Another option you have is to flip strength and dex and just go with your Deity's favorite weapon.

Koosh Man
Pancake
posted 01-18-2004 02:44:09 PM
quote:
King Parcelan had this to say about Robocop:
Koosh you.

Wait just a goddamn minute here.

Alaan
posted 01-18-2004 03:55:22 PM
On the note of the Paladin, what deity do you worship, Ferret? Not a huge issue most of the time, but rather important for a Pally.
Alaan
posted 01-18-2004 06:19:46 PM
Still don't have a usable weapon for Weapon Finesse, Ferret. It only works with light weapons, rapiers, whips, and spiked chains.
Katrinity
Cookie Goddess!
posted 01-18-2004 06:21:37 PM
Actually, Alaan, deity has never really mattered to a Paladin. They dont' have to be of a specific order. They can believe in the greater good, honor, deeds, etc.
Cookie Goddess Supreme
Furry Kitsune of Power!
MorbId
Pancake
posted 01-18-2004 07:11:29 PM
quote:
Katrinity had this to say about Robocop:
Actually, Alaan, deity has never really mattered to a Paladin. They dont' have to be of a specific order. They can believe in the greater good, honor, deeds, etc.

This is true for clerics, druids, and paladins based on the PHB description. However, the Forgotten Realms book mentions (under class adjustments) that all paladins are supposed to be dedicated to a patron deity.

[ 01-18-2004: Message edited by: MorbId ]

Alaan
posted 01-18-2004 07:12:19 PM
quote:
And I was all like 'Oh yeah?' and Katrinity was all like:

True...but it would help to have what specifically they follow. A deity is good for that since they have an ethos that their followers adhere to. Not to mention if you die in Faerun w/o a deity you get shoved in a giant wall of souls.

Katrinity
Cookie Goddess!
posted 01-18-2004 07:16:59 PM
I won't enforce that particular ruling from the CS book unless Ferret really wants to follow a patron deity.
Cookie Goddess Supreme
Furry Kitsune of Power!
Ferret
Poing! Poing!
posted 01-18-2004 07:38:13 PM
quote:
Alaan had this to say about pies:
Still don't have a usable weapon for Weapon Finesse, Ferret. It only works with light weapons, rapiers, whips, and spiked chains.

When I plugged weapon finesse into that redblade thing it gave me Heavy Mace as an option. Stupid Program.

And I don't have a diety. Orestes prefers to rely on himself rather than divine intervention.

Edit: Bah, all these light weapons suck. I'm going to just remake parts of this. *sigh*

[ 01-18-2004: Message edited by: Ferret ]

Katrinity
Cookie Goddess!
posted 01-18-2004 07:47:42 PM
He'll be a paladin who believes in the greater good in mankind and himself, his honor and valor, then. ^.^

He'll just be looked down on by paladins and clerics of other faiths for not following one.

[ 01-18-2004: Message edited by: Katrinity ]

Cookie Goddess Supreme
Furry Kitsune of Power!
Ferret
Poing! Poing!
posted 01-18-2004 08:04:10 PM
Changed.

quote:
Katrinity Spake Thus:
He'll just be looked down on by paladins and clerics of other faiths for not following one.

Closeminded bastards.

Katrinity
Cookie Goddess!
posted 01-18-2004 08:05:52 PM
quote:
Ferret obviously shouldn't have said:
Closeminded bastards.

Heh. Faerun is very much a deity ran place. Temples and Orders to every god are all over the place. Its hard to walk into town without tripping over one.

Cookie Goddess Supreme
Furry Kitsune of Power!
`Doc
Cold in an Alley
posted 01-18-2004 09:16:33 PM
Vise, your ability scores are 1 high. However, your bonuses imply that your strength was 1 lower, so you may have just copied it down wrong

Vise the Stompy
Title now 100% ass free!
posted 01-18-2004 10:19:24 PM
I may have misinterpretted the charachter creation bonus. Does the 29 stat points include the +1 to a stat at level four or not? If it does, the the strength should be at 17.
Katrinity
Cookie Goddess!
posted 01-18-2004 11:46:39 PM
The 29 is prior to any level based additions.
Cookie Goddess Supreme
Furry Kitsune of Power!
Vise the Stompy
Title now 100% ass free!
posted 01-19-2004 12:08:13 AM
Well in that case I stand by my stats*Though it should be a +5 bonus with gauntlets* Also my Kurisa-Gama magic ability should be changed to shock instead of thundering due to a magic bonus screw up on my part.
Katrinity
Cookie Goddess!
posted 01-19-2004 12:36:22 AM
And no body worry bout the little stuff on the sheets. I'll be going over everything and taking them up with the players if I see any glaring mistakes.
Cookie Goddess Supreme
Furry Kitsune of Power!
Ferret
Poing! Poing!
posted 01-20-2004 03:43:36 PM
When should we mark our calenders for the first game? I'm open for any time except for this sunday.

[ 01-20-2004: Message edited by: Ferret ]

Katrinity
Cookie Goddess!
posted 01-20-2004 03:52:14 PM
Its going to be Friday night. Looking to start at 8pm EST right now.
Cookie Goddess Supreme
Furry Kitsune of Power!
All times are US/Eastern
Hop To: