EverCrest Message Forums
You are not logged in. Login or Register.
Author
Topic: Call for Adventurers!
Alek
Not The Rapist
posted 01-15-2004 10:06:31 PM
quote:
Alaan impressed everyone with:
Something that is funny, though not really relevant. You can actually get a prestiege class at level 2. Forsaker from Masters of the Wild only has Lightning Reflexes, Iron Will, and Great Fortitude as the reqs. Human Fighter can take them first level.

That's because Forsaker is the suck.

"Love wisdom, and she will make you great. Embrace her, and she will bring you honour. She will be your crowning glory."
-Proverbs 4:8-9
Alaan
posted 01-15-2004 10:08:11 PM
quote:
The logic train ran off the tracks when Alek Saege said:
That's because Forsaker is the suck.

Unless you do a Forsaken Ascetic Monk. You will have more AC and abilities then you will know what to do with.

Alek
Not The Rapist
posted 01-15-2004 10:10:33 PM
quote:
Alaan had this to say about Tron:
Unless you do a Forsaken Ascetic Monk. You will have more AC and abilities then you will know what to do with.

How many levels of Forsaker are we talking about here?

"Love wisdom, and she will make you great. Embrace her, and she will bring you honour. She will be your crowning glory."
Vise the Stompy
Title now 100% ass free!
posted 01-15-2004 10:14:28 PM
quote:
Alaan had this to say about Matthew Broderick:

Don't forget a vow of poverty
Alaan
posted 01-15-2004 10:18:16 PM
quote:
Vise the Stompy was naked while typing this:

Thats what Ascetic is. The voluntary poverty. And you would take all 10 levels of Forsaken. That gives you fast healing and 10 extra stat points. Voluntary poverty gives you all kinds of crazy bonuses as well. And the monk has a non-magical self-heal on top of that.

Y.O.T.C
No longer a Towel Girl
posted 01-15-2004 10:18:41 PM
quote:
Vise the Stompy stopped staring at Deedlit long enough to write:

ITS OVERPOWERED!

Vise the Stompy
Title now 100% ass free!
posted 01-15-2004 10:24:24 PM
quote:
Nobody really understood why Alaan wrote:
Thats what Ascetic is. The voluntary poverty. And you would take all 10 levels of Forsaken. That gives you fast healing and 10 extra stat points. Voluntary poverty gives you all kinds of crazy bonuses as well. And the monk has a non-magical self-heal on top of that.

This could result in some very amusing conversions with fellow RPers
Player#1: I am a power gamer
Player#2: Me too!
Player#1: What are you magical items like?
Player#2: I have none!
Player#1:
Nina
posted 01-15-2004 10:44:22 PM
If you wanna be a munchkin, you don't need prestige fuckin' classes. A human fighter with a polearm and Whirlwind attack at L4.
Alaan
posted 01-15-2004 10:49:24 PM
Remember, polearms can't hit when somethings right next to the user. So you have to have a ~5' radius circle of kind NPCs/monsters to make that useful.
Mortious
Gluttonous Overlard
posted 01-15-2004 10:56:23 PM
quote:
And I was all like 'Oh yeah?' and Nina was all like:
If you wanna be a munchkin, you don't need prestige fuckin' classes. A human fighter with a polearm and Whirlwind attack at L4.

I know someone who always plays a human fighter.

Always.

I'd think he'd be bored of hitting things by now. Not to say they aren't a good class or anything.

Alek
Not The Rapist
posted 01-15-2004 10:58:23 PM
quote:
Alaan's unholy Backstreet Boys obsession manifested in:
Remember, polearms can't hit when somethings right next to the user. So you have to have a ~5' radius circle of kind NPCs/monsters to make that useful.

Duom .

I'm not too fond of fighter type characters though. I prefer casting magic missile... at the darkness.

Nina
posted 01-15-2004 11:11:19 PM
Actually, there was a particular polearm with a 5/10 range, I recall... If that fails, use a whip with a strenght bonus.

I am blessed with a friend that seems to weasel out every single abusive rule out of 3rd edition.

Y.O.T.C
No longer a Towel Girl
posted 01-16-2004 12:09:22 AM
quote:
Alek Saege had this to say about Punky Brewster:
Duom .

I'm not too fond of fighter type characters though. I prefer casting magic missile... at the darkness.

i was wondering when that was gona come up. *Drinks some mountain dew.*

Azymyth
Not gay; just weird
posted 01-16-2004 01:47:13 AM
Heh. Forgot my character idea...

I'm thinking of Reina Majiss, an Air Genasi (or if that race isn't allowed, Moon Elf) Sorceress. She was born with natural talent for magic like many of her people but she sometimes has trouble thinking before she says things sometimes, causing her appear abrasive and stupid at times. Truthfully, she's very intelligent and tries to have a positive attitude. She's very loyal to the friends she manages to keep.

I suffer from CRS: Can't Remember Shit.

Sig pic done by the very talented SJen!

Densetsu
NOT DRYSART
posted 01-16-2004 06:56:48 AM
quote:
This one time, at Alaan camp:

That's why you get a gnome or halfling to share your space with you in combat. You take care of threatening the area 10' away, while he takes care of threatening the adjacent area. and if an enemy without reach wants to get close enough to attack either of you, BAM, two attacks of opportunity.

I was in the Virgin Islands once. I met a girl, we ate lobster, drank piña coladas. At sunset, we made love like sea otters. That was a pretty good day. Why couldn't I get that day over, and over?
Rodent King
Stabbed in the Eye
posted 01-16-2004 07:10:24 AM
I'd like to give it a try, I played a few games as a half elven warrior. (Rolled like two natural 20's when roling his strength if I remember right, lots of fun) In any case, I'd like to give this a try sometime.
My inner child is bigger than my outer adult.
Alaan
posted 01-16-2004 07:47:21 AM
quote:
Rodent King had this to say about (_|_):
I'd like to give it a try, I played a few games as a half elven warrior. (Rolled like two natural 20's when roling his strength if I remember right, lots of fun) In any case, I'd like to give this a try sometime.

Would of been natural 18's. Dunno where the 20 came from since Half-Elves have no str modifier.

`Doc
Cold in an Alley
posted 01-16-2004 12:53:20 PM
Quick Tip #2

Save the logs. At the end of each session, save the main chat log, and all the private player conversation windows. Name each file with the date and the player name, and save the main channel window as MoP (maiden of pain) with the date. Make sure you have timestamps turned on for your IRC client. That way, you can see what happened when. It's very useful later on, if you want to keep track of what happened when, or if a player misses a session and wants to know what happened while he/she was gone.

[ 01-16-2004: Message edited by: Ford Prefect ]

Base eight is just like base ten, really... if you're missing two fingers. - Tom Lehrer
There are people in this world who do not love their fellow human beings, and I hate people like that! - Tom Lehrer
I want to be a race car passenger; just a guy who bugs the driver. "Say man, can I turn on the radio? You should slow down. Why do we gotta keep going in circles? Can I put my feet out the window? Man, you really like Tide..." - Mitch Hedberg
Please keep your arms, legs, heads, tails, tentacles, pseudopods, wings, and/or other limb-like structures inside the ride at all times.
Please submit all questions, inquests, and/or inquiries, in triplicate, to the Department of Redundancy Department, Division for the Management of Division Management Divisions.

Rodent King
Stabbed in the Eye
posted 01-16-2004 01:51:37 PM
quote:
Verily, Alaan doth proclaim:
Would of been natural 18's. Dunno where the 20 came from since Half-Elves have no str modifier.

*Shrug* It was like 5 years ago when this happened, it lasted a single night. All I know is my guy could like, break heavy doors without me even bothering to roll.

My inner child is bigger than my outer adult.
Demos
Pancake
posted 01-16-2004 02:07:09 PM
For the 20's, its possible. Some people roll a d20 for stats.
"Jesus saves, Buddha enlightens, Cthulhu thinks you'll make a nice sandwich."
Taylen
Pancake
posted 01-16-2004 04:12:08 PM
If you had a very forgiving DM and were running on the 3ed version I suppose you could roll natural 18 for str then borrow 2 points from elsewhere to make it 20, don't know who would let you though. Of course under 3rd edition you could also have put points into str every 4 levels so at level 8 you would have str 20, or could have items that make str 20.
"When correctly viewed, everything is lewd." - Tom Lehrer.
Sadomasochism: It's Fun!
Taylen Ashenbow
Rangers never run we mearly stratigically retreat.
Thats not a train thats a pull, my trains are always much bigger.
Alek
Not The Rapist
posted 01-16-2004 04:56:10 PM
quote:
Taylen wrote this stupid crap:
If you had a very forgiving DM and were running on the 3ed version I suppose you could roll natural 18 for str then borrow 2 points from elsewhere to make it 20, don't know who would let you though. Of course under 3rd edition you could also have put points into str every 4 levels so at level 8 you would have str 20, or could have items that make str 20.

I don't think 3rd ed. was out 5 years ago.

Alaan
posted 01-16-2004 04:59:41 PM
quote:
Alek Saege's account was hax0red to write:
I don't think 3rd ed. was out 5 years ago.

Nope. 2000 was the copyright date. And if memory serves stats like 20 were nigh impossible to get in 2E/AD&D

Katrinity
Cookie Goddess!
posted 01-16-2004 05:00:41 PM
quote:
Alaan was listening to Cher while typing:
Nope. 2000 was the copyright date. And if memory serves stats like 20 were nigh impossible to get in 2E/AD&D

Before magic items, you could only get above 18 if your race had a modifier.

Cookie Goddess Supreme
Furry Kitsune of Power!
Pouncer of the 12th degree!
"Cxularath ftombn gonoragh pv'iornw hqxoxon targh!"
Translated: "Sell your soul for a cookie?"
Mortious
Gluttonous Overlard
posted 01-16-2004 05:03:59 PM
quote:
Katrinity typed:
The only yiffing you would see is the fury of a wild jackalwere as it tears your innards out ;P

Hey, I'll take what I can get.

Cherveny
Papaya
posted 01-16-2004 05:07:18 PM
quote:
Katrinity had this to say about Robocop:
Before magic items, you could only get above 18 if your race had a modifier.

If I remember right, the highest racial strength modifier was only a +1, or was limited to a limit of 19. One of the two, it's been a while.

I just remember for sure that there was no real way to start at 20 strength on a naked, non-magically modified, character in 2nd ed.

Katrinity
Cookie Goddess!
posted 01-16-2004 06:26:38 PM
quote:
Cherveny had this to say about dark elf butts:
If I remember right, the highest racial strength modifier was only a +1, or was limited to a limit of 19. One of the two, it's been a while.

I just remember for sure that there was no real way to start at 20 strength on a naked, non-magically modified, character in 2nd ed.

Unless you played Dark Sun. ^.^

Most characters in that had 20-25 in a few stats. But thats cause they had to grow up in a very harsh and brutal world that if you weren't the best you could be, you would be dead long ago.

Cookie Goddess Supreme
Furry Kitsune of Power!
Alaan
posted 01-16-2004 06:29:21 PM
So any clue when we will know which people will be getting in?
Katrinity
Cookie Goddess!
posted 01-16-2004 06:30:55 PM
quote:
Alaan impressed everyone with:
So any clue when we will know which people will be getting in?

I'll be finishing up picking in the next hour or two. I'll notify anyone who makes it into the party or onto the backup list.

Cookie Goddess Supreme
Furry Kitsune of Power!
Alaan
posted 01-16-2004 06:32:18 PM
Spiffah. If I get in I'll probably end up being like the 8th person ever to attempt to get Dwarven Defender.
`Doc
Cold in an Alley
posted 01-16-2004 06:55:55 PM
(*crosses his fingers*)
Base eight is just like base ten, really... if you're missing two fingers. - Tom Lehrer
There are people in this world who do not love their fellow human beings, and I hate people like that! - Tom Lehrer
I want to be a race car passenger; just a guy who bugs the driver. "Say man, can I turn on the radio? You should slow down. Why do we gotta keep going in circles? Can I put my feet out the window? Man, you really like Tide..." - Mitch Hedberg
Please keep your arms, legs, heads, tails, tentacles, pseudopods, wings, and/or other limb-like structures inside the ride at all times.
Please submit all questions, inquests, and/or inquiries, in triplicate, to the Department of Redundancy Department, Division for the Management of Division Management Divisions.

Niklas
hay guys whats going on in this title?
posted 01-16-2004 07:02:02 PM
quote:
Katrinity had this to say about Jimmy Carter:
I'll be finishing up picking in the next hour or two. I'll notify anyone who makes it into the party or onto the backup list.

I've only sent you the bio so far, is that ok?

Katrinity
Cookie Goddess!
posted 01-16-2004 07:33:21 PM
quote:
Niklas had this to say about Jimmy Carter:
I've only sent you the bio so far, is that ok?

Thats really all I wanted. I didn't need all these completed character sheets everyone has sent me. Its going to make me feel real bad if I have to put these peeps on the backup list.

Cookie Goddess Supreme
Furry Kitsune of Power!
Taylen
Pancake
posted 01-16-2004 07:41:11 PM
*crosses fingers too*
"When correctly viewed, everything is lewd." - Tom Lehrer.
Sadomasochism: It's Fun!
Taylen Ashenbow
Rangers never run we mearly stratigically retreat.
Thats not a train thats a pull, my trains are always much bigger.
Vise the Stompy
Title now 100% ass free!
posted 01-16-2004 07:52:46 PM
*In Anouncer Voice* Well it has been an intense competitions folks, all are contenders have put up a great fight. But the question is who will Katrinity select? Whose charchter's are the choose? Whose quesine will reign supreme?!?!?!?!

[ 01-16-2004: Message edited by: Vise the Stompy ]

Katrinity
Cookie Goddess!
posted 01-16-2004 08:05:54 PM
quote:
A sleep deprived Vise the Stompy stammered:
*In Anouncer Voice* Well it has been an intense competitions folks, all are contenders have put up a great fight. But the question is who will Katrinity select? Whose charchter's are the choose? Whose quesine will reign supreme?!?!?!?!

Heck, do ya'll want it announced on here or privately? I don't want any hurt feelings.

Cookie Goddess Supreme
Furry Kitsune of Power!
Niklas
hay guys whats going on in this title?
posted 01-16-2004 08:10:39 PM
quote:
Katrinity thought this was the Ricky Martin Fan Club Forum and wrote:
Heck, do ya'll want it announced on here or privately? I don't want any hurt feelings.

I don't mind either way.

Delphi Aegis
Delphi. That's right. The oracle. Ask me anything. Anything about your underwear.
posted 01-16-2004 08:21:58 PM
I hate and love my DM sometimes. He's a great guy.

We're piloting a boat (A rather.. NICE boat we paid like, 50k gold peices for) to an island for some stupidass wizard (Why wizards can't do shit themselves, I dunno. But anyway.).

We got a layover in some magical swamp. After fighting off four or so spiders with one vial of greek fire (Webs are flammable! Lolz), we found a house.. and a basement with some vials. Identify didn't work, so we just drank. One of our clerics turned into a troll.. we dispelled that. The other cleric got a permanent 1 HP/turn regen (Or something), I got weightless (With an 18/93 strength, that sucks major ass.. especially as a straight fighter...) and dispelled.. then the first cleric got fairy wings.. and after some practice she could fly with them (Hell, she's a 4 foot 9 elf.. she IS a fairy).. then I became permanently invisible.

Sucked when we came to the last town we were going to see in a few years.. I had to get painted with a special berry extract, and I was purple the entire time. At least with some elven boots I'm somewhat silent.. uh.. 5% of the time. Haha. I'm such a horrible fighter.

Vise the Stompy
Title now 100% ass free!
posted 01-16-2004 08:30:37 PM
quote:
Check out the big brain on Katrinity!

Awww I didn't mean it like that I was trying add some humor to this intense moment*And failed*

[ 01-16-2004: Message edited by: Vise the Stompy ]

Ferret
Poing! Poing!
posted 01-16-2004 08:42:17 PM
quote:
Katrinity obviously shouldn't have said:

You might as well announce it here, that way people won't think "She just hasn't sent my PM yet."

All times are US/Eastern
Hop To: