EverCrest Message Forums
You are not logged in. Login or Register.
Author
Topic: Hoping Satan-mart gets a lump of coal
Gikk
SCA babe!!!
posted 11-30-2003 03:18:36 AM
quote:
Snoota had this to say about Captain Planet:
I got bitten once.

I knocked his front teeth out and I suspect he's not bitten anyone since.

The guy who bit the manager was mentally disabled.

He got carted off by police, along with a bunch of other mobsters.

Oh, and it's company policy to hire police for 11/28/03. They should have had some off or on duty cops there.

[ 11-30-2003: Message edited by: Gikk ]

can you please fix my title
posted 11-30-2003 03:41:23 AM
quote:
Gikk enlisted the help of an infinite number of monkeys to write:
OHHOHO.

I trump you, new guy.

While Wal-mart had a DVD player for 29.00, Circut City had THIERS for 28.99. And Best Buy's was 29.99.

They aren't dumping in any form - the going ale price for bare-bones, off brand DVD players is 30 bucks, this year.

assuming what you say is true i stand corrected.. how ever i was in Montana at the time where there is no best buy no CC and where wal mart was selling them at 29.00 versus the nearest competitors 49.00

hence at least where i was it was dumping

Im confused as always[xIMG]http://img.villagephotos.com/p/2003-8/356687/somthorsig3.JPG[/img]
Lyinar Ka`Bael
Are you looking at my pine tree again?
posted 11-30-2003 07:43:32 AM
Here in Indiana at least, Best Buy's were $20. They were gone by 8:30am.

Lyinar Ka`Bael, Piney Fresh Druidess - Luclin

Bloodsage
Heart Attack
posted 11-30-2003 08:03:36 AM
quote:
Lyinar Ka`Bael startled the peaceful upland Gorillas by blurting:
Here in Indiana at least, Best Buy's were $20. They were gone by 8:30am.

That doesn't matter--if Mog Samthor says it's illegal dumping, then it is, by golly!

Hell, he'd probably argue with Gydyon about it.

To reign is worth ambition, though in Hell:
Better to reign in Hell than serve in Heaven.

--Satan, quoted by John Milton

Lyinar Ka`Bael
Are you looking at my pine tree again?
posted 11-30-2003 08:04:34 AM
Teehee

Lyinar Ka`Bael, Piney Fresh Druidess - Luclin

Zaza
I don't give a damn.
posted 11-30-2003 08:21:40 AM
quote:
When the babel fish was in place, it was apparent Bloodsage said:
That doesn't matter--if Mog Samthor says it's illegal dumping, then it is, by golly!

Hell, he'd probably argue with Gydyon about it.

I'm tired of you and your argumentative ways, Bloodsage. Because of this, I have found a way to finally prove you wrong about everything and everyone, once and for all.

Read it and weep, imperialist swine.

Taylen
Pancake
posted 11-30-2003 08:31:36 AM
Selling items at below store cost for sales is a common practice used to drive foot traffic into the store. Said store expects to make up the lost profit, which by the way is very low on such cutrate mechandise, by the sales of other higher margin items especially the sales of accessories, which tend to have the highest percent markup of any item in the store. This is not dumping, in fact normally any competitors of said business tend to drop their prices at or around the same time. Selling something low for 1 day or even a week is not dumping.

It is also common practice to see different regional prices in stores depending on who their local competitors are. If the other stores in your area didn't have a $29 dvd player like at least 5 or 6 different chains did here it is not because wal-mart is dumping but rather has a policy of nationwide pricing most likely.

"When correctly viewed, everything is lewd." - Tom Lehrer.
Sadomasochism: It's Fun!
Taylen Ashenbow
Rangers never run we mearly stratigically retreat.
Thats not a train thats a pull, my trains are always much bigger.
Mod
Pancake
posted 11-30-2003 09:49:09 AM
quote:
Zaza spewed forth this undeniable truth:
I'm tired of you and your argumentative ways, Bloodsage. Because of this, I have found a way to finally prove you wrong about everything and everyone, once and for all.

lol

Life... is like a box of chocolates. A cheap, thoughtless, perfunctory gift that nobody ever asks for. Unreturnable, because all you get back is another box of chocolates. You're stuck with this undefinable whipped-mint crap that you mindlessly wolf down when there's nothing else left to eat. Sure, once in a while, there's a peanut butter cup, or an English toffee. But they're gone too fast, the taste is fleeting. So you end up with nothing but broken bits, filled with hardened jelly and teeth-crunching nuts, and if you're desperate enough to eat those, all you've got left is a... is an empty box... filled with useless, brown paper wrappers.
Sean
posted 11-30-2003 10:12:45 AM
quote:
Somthor had this to say about pies:
hence at least where i was it was dumping

You keep using that word. I do not think it means what you think it means.

I'm trying to fathom what could possibly be going through your mind as you repeatedly spew ignorant rambling after ignorant rambling, plugging in various anti-Wal*Mart lines wherever you possibly can, but I just can't come up with any sort of reasonable explanation.

Dumping is not releasing goods below invoice price to drive your competitors out of business, because you are losing money by doing this. Dumping, or Slashing, or one of nine hundred other terms used by the retail industry is the act of clearancing all of their seasonal or one-time-only products after a major holiday season, to clear their stock rooms and shelves for the next wave of shoppers.

It isn't illegal when Target cuts Christmas light prices from $5.99 a box to $.75 on January 10th, it's a concentrated effort to clear that shit from their shelves and stock room, because it takes up so much space and is only useful for so long.

Remember all of those Thanksgiving decorations stores had for the past month? Before that, Holloween's stuff was there, and next, Christmas ornaments, lights, and small shitty gifts will replace them.

So some woman got trampled because the majority of shoppers are rude, pushy and oblivious to the outside world, so what? It isn't WalMart's fault, unless they had only one or two doors open, or something.

Now, until you get a clue, please stand over in the corner with the rabid Windows, X-Box, Linux, Microsoft, RPG, Tolkein and Apple bashers and fanboys. Look out, they bite, and you're fresh meat to them.

[ 11-30-2003: Message edited by: Sean ]

A Kansas City Shuffle is when everybody looks right, you go left.

It's not something people hear about.

Sakkra
Office Linebacker
posted 11-30-2003 10:39:43 AM
quote:
Verily, Zaza doth proclaim:

But... if Bloodsage is wrong about everything, then how can he be right about being wrong? And that would make ...

*Sakkra's head explodes

Arttemis
Not Squire... but a guitar!
posted 11-30-2003 10:55:01 AM
I bet you blame The Who, too.
Peter
Pancake
posted 11-30-2003 10:56:19 AM
What makes you think that Wal-mart is dropping the DVD's below Cost? If you had a chance ever to glance at what a retail store really pays for an Item you will find that often it not even close to what you pay for it.

Shit Nearly everything Sears has will carry at least a 20% mark up unless the manufacture forces us to do it lower, lot of the stuff is closer to 50%, Or tools have fairly hefty markup(Part of it is the life time warranty, check out the difference of a Craftsman and Companion wrench set, same tools different warranties). Hell Clothes and Jewelry carry something like a 200% Mark up on it as a Minimum.

A Good Example, One time we got a shipment of Vacs in with the original PO Invoice, We paid about 15 bucks per unit for Vacs that we were selling at a 100 bucks Normal.

Wal-Mart does the same things we do, Price some items at a very high Markup normally, so when they go on sale, the sale looks very big, but they are still able to sell it at a good profit.

Tarquinn
Personally responsible for the decline of the American Dollar
posted 11-30-2003 10:56:48 AM
quote:
Zaza spewed forth this undeniable truth:

But of course, it was all so obvious!

~Never underestimate the power of a Dark Clown.
Bloodsage
Heart Attack
posted 11-30-2003 10:57:54 AM
quote:
Quoth Zaza:

Lollerpalooza

To reign is worth ambition, though in Hell:
Better to reign in Hell than serve in Heaven.

--Satan, quoted by John Milton

Falaanla Marr
I AM HOT CHIX
posted 11-30-2003 11:15:11 AM
quote:
This insanity brought to you by Pyscho_Pike:
What makes you think that Wal-mart is dropping the DVD's below Cost? If you had a chance ever to glance at what a retail store really pays for an Item you will find that often it not even close to what you pay for it.

What he said, I found this out recently when I got my new computer at cost of the parts. I thought they marked it up 10% or so, and boy was I wrong.

Parts vary from around a 15% markup on newer parts, to a 40-50% markup on older parts. Its nowhere near what you think it is, heh

But yeah, wal mart sells a DVD player for 29 bucks. Who is gonna just buy the player? They are gonna grab up 4 or 5 DVDs too, probably, some prices at 6 bucks, others at 20 or so. THATS where the profit comes in.

Same as with all the game companies selling consoles at or below cost, because their money comes from the games, not the console sales.

Blindy.
Suicide (Also: Gay.)
posted 11-30-2003 11:20:35 AM
yeah they are just trying to get you in the door. You can only go so many places on black friday, they are making sure walmart is one of them.
Mog
not really a mmembe rof tis boered
posted 11-30-2003 11:23:48 AM
quote:
Snoota enlisted the help of an infinite number of monkeys to write:

If you want to flame a company for something flame the people who make bottle water. I mean, come on.. it's the most abundant resource on the planet, and they charge you a buck for sixteen ounces of it! OUTRAGEOUS!!

Read an article in the newyork times magazine section and it actualy costs more to make bottled water then bottled soda, not sure the reason, read the article a few years ago, twas about cokes side projects or something

Regret calamities if you can thereby help the sufferer; if not, attend to your own work and allready the evil begins to be repaired
- Self Rreliance
Blindy.
posted 11-30-2003 11:26:22 AM
quote:
Mog had this to say about Captain Planet:
Read an article in the newyork times magazine section and it actualy costs more to make bottled water then bottled soda, not sure the reason, read the article a few years ago, twas about cokes side projects or something

that's great, bottled water is still more expensive than GASOLINE.

Zaza
I don't give a damn.
posted 11-30-2003 12:01:47 PM
quote:
Bloodsage's account was hax0red to write:
Lollerpalooza

Is that all the retort you have?

posted 11-30-2003 12:15:58 PM
quote:
Sean said this about your mom:
You keep using that word. I do not think it means what you think it means.

It isn't illegal when Target cuts Christmas light prices from $5.99 a box to $.75 on January 10th, it's a concentrated effort to clear that shit from their shelves and stock room, because it takes up so much space and is only useful for so long.

So some woman got trampled because the majority of shoppers are rude, pushy and oblivious to the outside world, so what? It isn't WalMart's fault, unless they had only one or two doors open, or something.

its actualy illegal to sell things below your cost if its in a effort to attempt to drive your competitors out of the market with the intention of when such copetition is gone you will then raise the price. in addtition it seems that even if in a normal market your normal policies can be considered monopistic and thus illegal even if otherwise they would not be (seee the sherman act section 2)

refrencing your example of clearing out out of season items thats not illegal becuse everyone does somthing simular and its not in of its self a effort to cause market disruption

regardles of how you feel ...its my opion that walmart is cupable in this case... i never said they shouldered the entire blame or even a signifcant portion thereof.

thanks for the response though it was a well thought out counter point except for the corner thing.

Im confused as always[xIMG]http://img.villagephotos.com/p/2003-8/356687/somthorsig3.JPG[/img]
KaLourin
Illanae's Stooge!
posted 11-30-2003 12:34:56 PM
man this thread is a riot.

accuse em of dumping when you see that dvd going for 29 bucks the other 364 days of the year, k thx.

Dont make me slap you so hard your bucket spins around, and around,and stops sideways,thus confusing you, and making you run about London wearing your bucket, a g-string, and carrying a stick,smacking the ground while yelling "MAGICALLY DELICIOUS! MAGICALLY FUCKING DELICIOUS!"- {Tal} to Mortious
Hebrew 9:3- 'And the Lord said unto me, "Dude, there isn't a K in covenant."' - Snoota

This beer drops trou and fucks your mouth with pure hoppy goodness. - Karnaj
Sean
posted 11-30-2003 01:06:01 PM
quote:
There was much rejoicing when Somthor said this:
its actualy illegal to sell things below your cost if its in a effort to attempt to drive your competitors out of the market with the intention of when such copetition is gone you will then raise the price. in addtition it seems that even if in a normal market your normal policies can be considered monopistic and thus illegal even if otherwise they would not be (seee the sherman act section 2)

I'm going to type this very, very, slowly. This sale was done on November 28th, 2003. Black Friday. A day where stores nation-wide drop prices on seasonal and one-time-only items in order to get them out the door. Nothing done on that day was in any way against the Sherman Act.

refrencing your example of clearing out out of season items thats not illegal becuse everyone does somthing simular and its not in of its self a effort to cause market disruption

See above. Wal*Mart was not the only store involved in this sale, every major department store participated in this day of riots and pushy-shovey soccor moms.

regardles of how you feel ...its my opion that walmart is cupable in this case... i never said they shouldered the entire blame or even a signifcant portion thereof.

thanks for the response though it was a well thought out counter point except for the corner thing.

Yes, it was a well-thought out post. Unlike everything you've posted both on this thread, and the one regarding bunker-busting nuclear weapons.

[ 11-30-2003: Message edited by: Sean ]

Snoota
Now I am become Death, shatterer of worlds
posted 11-30-2003 02:06:11 PM
quote:
Somthor had this to say about the Spice Girls:

I hate to break it to you, but not everyone is entitled to an opinion. Much like, "It's what's on the inside that counts!" was made up by ugly people to make themselves feel better, "Everyone is entitled to their opinion!" was made up by people with an IQ of 20 to make themselves feel important when the grown folks talk about things.

Naimah
In a Fire
posted 11-30-2003 02:11:39 PM
I give up. Somthor is a fucking moron.
JooJooFlop
Hungry Hungry Hippo
posted 11-30-2003 02:13:09 PM
quote:
Snoota stumbled drunkenly to the keyboard and typed:
I hate to break it to you, but not everyone is entitled to an opinion.

Actually, everyone is entitled to an opinion. Just like everyone is entitled to decide what's a shitty opinion with no merit that can be disregarded as noise pollution.

I don't know how to be sexy. If I catch a girl looking at me and our eyes lock, I panic and open mine wider. Then I lick my lips and rub my genitals. And mouth the words "You're dead."

posted 11-30-2003 02:54:32 PM
quote:
Naimah said this about your mom:
I give up. Somthor is a fucking moron.

you give up to easily. put some effort into it

truely you decide you dont agree with a person, and then you decide they are a Moron, perhaps you lack the communication skills to get your message accross.

never see me give up trying.

Naimah
In a Fire
posted 11-30-2003 03:01:49 PM
I said something that you just agreed with a page ago. You don't read what other people post. You don't have opinions of your own, you just copy and paste and call it an agrument. You never form those facts into a coheasive argument. You ignore counter points as if they didn't exist at all. I spent several hours last night researching things to prove you wrong. However, it is all for naught because you do a lateral shift and pull in something that has aboslutly nothing to do with the topic at hand.
Sakkra
Office Linebacker
posted 11-30-2003 03:03:50 PM
quote:
Somthor's account was hax0red to write:

never see me give up trying.

Winners never quit, and quitters never win. But those who never win and never quit are idiots. Guess which category you fall under?

Drysart
Pancake
posted 11-30-2003 04:03:25 PM
quote:
SomthorSomthorSomthorSomthorSomthorSomthor MUSHROOM MUSHROOM
its actualy illegal to sell things below your cost if its in a effort to attempt to drive your competitors out of the market with the intention of when such copetition is gone you will then raise the price.

Which has absolutely nothing to do with having low priced loss leaders to draw people in on Black Friday. Only an idiot would believe that selling a DVD player 20 dollars less than usual for four hours in a single year is an attempt to drive competitors out of business. Let's completely ignore the fact that every other major retailer had similar sale items.

I mean honestly, do you try to link two thoughts together or do you just spew out whatever comes to mind?

posted 11-30-2003 06:13:38 PM
it all goes back to the orignal statement "i smell a lawsuit" you guys added the back friday bit. why dring up price dumping etc etc...when questioned why i thought walmart was liable .... they created the atmosphere that contributed to the event.

I have my own opinions btw I cut and paste when asked to prove my point as at that time I have to use outside sources.

as to the rest chalk it up to disjoint thinking....At least i'm trying to say somthing

Mr. Parcelan
posted 11-30-2003 06:25:38 PM
quote:
Somthor wrote, obviously thinking too hard:
as to the rest chalk it up to disjoint thinking....At least i'm trying to say somthing

Any thought worth conveying is worth conveying accurately and legibly.

I can see why you wouldn't care if nobody takes your opinion seriously, what with you being pond scum that nobody would listen to anyways, but at least put some thought into it, you damn, dirty ape.

Falaanla Marr
I AM HOT CHIX
posted 11-30-2003 07:00:21 PM
quote:
Naimah impressed everyone with:
I said something that you just agreed with a page ago. You don't read what other people post. You don't have opinions of your own, you just copy and paste and call it an agrument. You never form those facts into a coheasive argument. You ignore counter points as if they didn't exist at all. I spent several hours last night researching things to prove you wrong. However, it is all for naught because you do a lateral shift and pull in something that has aboslutly nothing to do with the topic at hand.

Holy fucking shit.

I think this is the first time you and I are agreeing on something, Naimah.

Blindy.
posted 11-30-2003 07:36:36 PM
I think somthor is being stupid to piss us off. I refuse to belive an adult can naturally be this dumb.
Sean
posted 11-30-2003 07:59:04 PM
quote:
When the babel fish was in place, it was apparent Somthor said:
it all goes back to the orignal statement "i smell a lawsuit" you guys added the back friday bit. why dring up price dumping etc etc...when questioned why i thought walmart was liable .... they created the atmosphere that contributed to the event.

Here we go again. When asked both: Why you smelled a lawsuit, and how Wal*Mart was responsible:

quote:
how about wal mart is responsible becuse A) it happened in their store B) they created the atmospher that led to the incident with the 6 am siren and lack of additional personel on hand to deal with any problems C) they were dumping the DvD players on the market below cost.

We have spent this entire thread trying to hammer it through your impossibly thick skull, and into that incredibly small marble rattling around inside, that Wal*Mart was not responsible because they HELD A BLACK FRIDAY SALE.

If you have failed to grasp this concept then I am afraid nothing can be done for you. I'm done with repeating myself over and over for you to continually ignore and "counterpoint" with nothing but ignorance and inexperience.

Jajahotep
Vader to Deth's Obi-wan
posted 11-30-2003 09:18:14 PM
quote:
There was much rejoicing when Blindy Claus said this:
I think somthor is being stupid to piss us off. I refuse to belive an adult can naturally be this dumb.

I really hope what you say is true. I mean.... sure he lives at home with his mom, his supposed wife, half a dozen kids, can't spell worth a lick oh and lets not forget the cat that predicts stuff.. but there must be some intelligence under all of that.

Then again.. maybe he's just some twelve year old wanker.

posted 11-30-2003 11:43:04 PM
wait a moment.. mom lives with mr parcelen.

not that it matters I have a wife and 2 small children and 2 siamese cats.

are you not entertained?

Drysart
Pancake
posted 11-30-2003 11:46:21 PM
quote:
Somthor scribbled:
you guys added the back friday bit.

Go back and reread your original post, bucko. Read the part where you copy and pasted an article all about an incident on Black Friday twice. Feel free to point out the part where you said you thought it was because of "price fixing".

Blindy.
posted 11-30-2003 11:46:51 PM
yeah we all belive that.
Akiraiu Zenko
Is actually a giddy schoolgirl
posted 12-01-2003 04:16:01 AM
Dear lord.

It hurts my brain just READING this argument. I can only imagine how frustrating his total inability to absorb and understand any form of reason must be to you who are actually engaged in the debate.

Somthor, you truly have a skull of lead.

The artist formerly known as Zephyer Kyuukaze.
Densetsu
NOT DRYSART
posted 12-01-2003 04:47:32 AM
I am under the impression, from what I've viewed as an employee of the retail business, that if an establishment were to put everything in their store on sale - not lower the prices, mind you - but just say that the items are on sale, then said store would sell out of a majority of their stock fairly easily.

Example: As some of you may not know, I work at Toys R Us. A few weeks back, there was this woman who came through my line in the "R"Zone (our video game department). After I scanned a certain item, she looked at the feedback screen to see the price. She then asked me, 'That's the sale price, right?'

I respond, 'No, Ma'am. That's the only price.'

Her response? 'Oh...then I don't want it.'

It's like people need the word, 'Sale' to justify their expenses.

In regards to the story about the incident at wal-mart: I believe the company should be held at least partially responsible.

Now, hear me out.

At my TRU, we organized things, down to re-doing the layout of the store, to make sure that everything would flow smoothly. The lines were kept in check, there was no rushing all over the place, everything was kept under control.

In the "R"Zone, we had a bouncer at the entrance who allowed only a certain amount of guests in the area at a time.

In short, we took every effort possible to ensure that our shopping environment would still remain friendly, safe, and manageable, even on Black Friday.

So while the actual fault lies with the impatient, concieted, oblivious shoppers who had no regards for anyone but themselves, that caused the incident at this Wal*Mart, I do not believe that one could concievably state that the environment in which the Wal*Mart had operated on such a day had absolutely no effect on this incident.

Blaring a Siren as a signal, like at a race track? That's just ASKING for someone to get hurt.

Somthor's also a flaming moron.

I was in the Virgin Islands once. I met a girl, we ate lobster, drank piƱa coladas. At sunset, we made love like sea otters. That was a pretty good day. Why couldn't I get that day over, and over?
All times are US/Eastern
Hop To: