EverCrest Message Forums
You are not logged in. Login or Register.
Poll: Lyinar...
Author
Topic: Lyinar...
Bloodsage
Heart Attack
posted 04-05-2003 11:05:18 PM
I officially vote this thread "crap." For a variety of reasons.
To reign is worth ambition, though in Hell:
Better to reign in Hell than serve in Heaven.

--Satan, quoted by John Milton

Palador ChibiDragon
Dismembered
posted 04-05-2003 11:06:14 PM
quote:
This insanity brought to you by The Nae (tm):
Just look at the pachyderm majesty of Ganesh!

You don't go flippantly comparing him to the likes of a druid! Pine tree freshener or no!

Ganesh is a God of great wonders! Plus he digs the chicks.

Ganesh?

I believe in the existance of magic, not because I have seen proof of its existance, but because I refuse to live in a world where it does not exist.
Bloodsage
Heart Attack
posted 04-06-2003 03:47:57 AM
Sorry, but Homer Simpson permanently spoiled all future mention of Ganesh for me.
To reign is worth ambition, though in Hell:
Better to reign in Hell than serve in Heaven.

--Satan, quoted by John Milton

King Parcelan
Chicken of the Sea
posted 04-06-2003 04:27:31 AM
"Stop chasing Ganesh! You're gonna get a whole lot of wrath!"
Nae
Fun with Chocolate
posted 04-06-2003 01:06:36 PM
I have a question directed at Lyinar, I would like an answer, tiny letters are optional.

Why do you ignore my white-flag proposal if this thread is to burn out all the bad stuff?

I am truly sincere, and would like an answer from you. I would like to coexist on these boards with you in a peaceful era.

Blindy
Roll for initiative, Monkey Boy!
posted 04-06-2003 01:17:27 PM
This thread is like the freaking energizer bunny!

It's been up for so long I feel like I have to post my take on Lyinar.

First off, I think she's the type of person that feels the need to have a little bit of control over others, the type of person that wants people to look up to her as a example of moral and socal goodness. She sometimes adopts a mighter-than-thou attitude to bring across her points, which rubs many people, but most importantly me, in the wrong way.
Does any of this mean I don't like her? No. She has her own imput on the board just like any one else. If you take her too seriously she can piss you off but if you just remember that she's just another poster, she doesn't bother you at all.
Does any of this mean that I want her out of the community? No. Sure I get pissed when Drysart or someone else takes her side in an argument with little to no expanation of why they belive it to be the right side, but I get over it. It's never effected me, but then again I don't think I've ever made trouble on this boards aside from the Khyron/FTP thing.
Does any of this mean that I think she's a bad person? Oh hell no. Everyone has their on social quirks and everyone causes social dilemas at one point or another. I appreciate her candor and ability to stand up for what she belives is right, even if I don't neccissarily agree with her.

So that's what I'm going to say.

On a plane ride, the more it shakes,
The more I have to let go.
Lyinar Ka`Bael
Are you looking at my pine tree again?
posted 04-07-2003 03:22:26 PM
quote:
Verily, The Nae (tm) doth proclaim:
I have a question directed at Lyinar, I would like an answer, tiny letters are optional.

Why do you ignore my white-flag proposal if this thread is to burn out all the bad stuff?

I am truly sincere, and would like an answer from you. I would like to coexist on these boards with you in a peaceful era.

I wasn't ignoring it. Been wrapped up in my JC skill in EQ and haven't looked at the boards.

I'm not going to make an agreement for or against. Too often on these boards someone asks for a cease fire, I agree, and then they break it the first chance they get. So, I'm not going to make an official agreement.

Lyinar Ka`Bael, Piney Fresh Druidess - Luclin

Timpofee
Mancake
posted 04-07-2003 03:25:03 PM
Lyinar is HAWT
Nae
Fun with Chocolate
posted 04-07-2003 04:12:42 PM
quote:
Everyone wondered WTF when Lyinar Ka`Bael wrote:

I wasn't ignoring it. Been wrapped up in my JC skill in EQ and haven't looked at the boards.

I'm not going to make an agreement for or against. Too often on these boards someone asks for a cease fire, I agree, and then they break it the first chance they get. So, I'm not going to make an official agreement

Lyinar, I am not asking you to make an agreement with me for something that is going to be broken easily. I want the two of us to work on a friendly relationship on the board that is equitable for EC. I am not asking you in private, I am coming to you in front of everyone and laying it on the line for them all to see.

I also apologise for my part of our past fights and tirades.

I want this to end Lyinar. I have no beef with you. I am finished. Let's work together on this, lay down the past and move towards the future. Two years of this is really silly.. let's move on.

Lyinar Ka`Bael
posted 04-07-2003 07:44:03 PM
I just don't want an official agreement on anything. I don't want something that someone can point back to and say "You promised such and such" if the person I made it with didn't keep their part of the bargain. Had that happen far too much.

Doesn't mean I have any intention of doing anything. I don't. We peacefully coexist now for the most part. Nothing major has happened since the EQ incident. I don't even read your posts, making an exception for this thread. I'm just not comfortable giving my word on it because of past experience.

Nae
Fun with Chocolate
posted 04-07-2003 08:48:45 PM
*shrug*

Now I see a little foe dot where once there never was.

I will stick to my side of the agreement, even if you would rather ignore me. I think it is silly, since you never needed to ignore me before.

Lyinar Ka`Bael
posted 04-07-2003 09:16:30 PM
That's been up for a while, actually. It's not a recent thing. That's why I said I don't even read your posts. I keep them hidden so there's nothing said that I see. So nothing's said, nothing's reacted to, and we're all happy.

All times are US/Eastern
Hop To: