EverCrest Message Forums
You are not logged in. Login or Register.
Poll: Lyinar...
Author
Topic: Lyinar...
Sinice Aralund
Pancake
posted 03-30-2003 10:36:21 AM
She cried out in a loud voice, "Mother, into your hands I commend my spirit";
Burger
BANNED!
posted 03-30-2003 10:43:54 AM
SIGTEST!!!

(it's the funniest thing i've read in ages!!!!)

I hope nobody has hurt feelings, and there's nobody's name attached to it, but I was at work, and that set of words was just too funny...

Bite me.

No, Really. Bite me.

Canadian Mountee
Rumble Pak+FMV Sequence=FUN!
posted 03-30-2003 10:46:37 AM
It's.. It's a terrible sig, I'm sorry that's not even remotely funny, it's just an insult
The World is Yours
Burger
BANNED!
posted 03-30-2003 10:54:20 AM
quote:
Liam had this to say about Jimmy Carter:
It's.. It's a terrible sig, I'm sorry that's not even remotely funny, it's just an insult

shutup you vile, life-sucking, jabbering bitch!

See, it's so versatile..

(you weren't serious, were you?)

Bite me.

No, Really. Bite me.

Canadian Mountee
posted 03-30-2003 10:58:59 AM
quote:
The Burger Model 2000 was programmed to say:
shutup you vile, life-sucking, jabbering bitch!

See, it's so versatile..

(you weren't serious, were you?)

I'm having trouble finding the funny, that's all =\

The World is Yours
Burger
BANNED!
posted 03-30-2003 11:06:11 AM
okay, I'll modify my sig...

Gimme second...
done

[ 03-30-2003: Message edited by: The Burger ]

Bite me.

No, Really. Bite me.

Canadian Mountee
posted 03-30-2003 11:14:52 AM
You spelled Hairy wrong.
The World is Yours
Burger
BANNED!
posted 03-30-2003 11:23:39 AM
quote:
Liam got all f'ed up on Angel Dust and wrote:
You spelled Hairy wrong.

not anymore

Bite me.

No, Really. Bite me.

Khyron
Hello, my mushy friend...
posted 03-30-2003 11:59:06 AM
Dum dee dum dee dum dum dum.
Arrenn Lightblade
Yes. Yes he is.
posted 03-30-2003 12:01:14 PM
Lyinar, as far as I've seen, is a very intelligent, logical person. She can get loud and upset, but you all do it too, so that really isn't a good point to bring up. I can't think of a single person who hasn't been involved in a flame war, and most of the flame wars are just an excuse to insult one another.

Now, since I just woke up, I'll cut it short. Lyinar is generally a good thing. Go Lyinar!

OtakuPenguin
Peels like a tangerine, but is juicy like an orange.
posted 03-30-2003 12:04:40 PM
I voted indifferent, because I don't mind Lyinar, she seems pretty cool, but there are times where she can just go psycho so to speak.
..:: This Is The Sound Of Settling ::..
BeauChan
Objects in sigpic may be hammier than they appear
posted 03-30-2003 12:32:51 PM
I like lyinar, she's always been friendly to me.
Endured by EC for over 7 years and counting...
Mr. Crabs
Pancake
posted 03-30-2003 01:05:36 PM
I think Lyinar's pretty cool. Although she does stir up some trouble sometimes, I'm sure that its because she cares a lot about these boards. Whether I agree with her or not on an issue, I'm positive that the only reason she'll bring one up is because she's interested in making the boards better for everyone.
There's a King on a throne with his eyes torn out.
There's a Blind Man looking for a shadow of doubt.
There's a Rich Man sleeping on a golden bed.
There's a Skeleton choking on a crust of bread.
Nina
posted 03-30-2003 01:15:35 PM
quote:
Lyinar Ka`Bael obviously shouldn't have said:
Do you honestly think I would be the subject of any popularity contest around here?

I wasn't serious

Mightion Defensor
posted 03-30-2003 01:20:13 PM
I'd have to say Lyinar is a very good friend of mine. She's extremely intelligent and observant, and is a very kind and caring person. She's very good at providing alternate insights to an issue, as well as making observations people may not see themselves.

She's such a good friend that I've told Deth in the past, that if he ever comes to Buffalo to visit, he has to bring Lyinar with him.

Now for the flip side. Sometimes, she can make rash judgements on a person, without really knowing them. Issue was (and, I will say this behavior seems to be changing lately), that it didn't matter if her opinion of someone was rash, misinformed, or even well-thought out with plenty of evidence, she could be totally unwilling to even consider modifying it based on new evidence.

Basically, if Lyinar thinks you're a pink monkey, no amount of blue paint and fish fins is going to change her mind. She once made assumptions about someone very near and dear to me, and gave me advice of what to do in regards to that person. I thanked her for her input, but decided not to follow her advice based on her assumptions. Well, what she thought of that person was wrong, and if I'd followed her advice, I would have destroyed my relationship with that person.

She's still a marvellous listener though, and she has one of the most amazingly creative minds I've ever run across.

Hostile Makeover
Evil as chocolate covered thistles
posted 03-30-2003 01:26:03 PM
quote:
There was much rejoicing when Mightion Defensor said this:
Basically, if Lyinar thinks you're a pink monkey, no amount of blue paint and fish fins is going to change her mind.

I've been trying to work out a coherant statement on how I feel about Lyinar since I first saw this thread last night. I think Mightion hit the nail on the head with the statement above.

Lyinar, I have no problems with you really, and see you as a very singleminded person once your decision is made. In my opinion, at times you lack a certain modicum of flexibility in your ideas.

Don't get me wrong, I do not intend this as an attack, but more my own opinion. You need to find that proverbial 'grain of salt' Lyinar. I think you'd have a lot less stress in your life if you did.

edit: caffiene before posting is a good thing.

[ 03-30-2003: Message edited by: Xyrra ]

Vise the Stompy
Title now 100% ass free!
posted 03-30-2003 01:32:52 PM
quote:
Beaukat a.k.a Nibbles said this about your mom:
I like lyinar, she's always been friendly to me.
Jajahotep
Vader to Deth's Obi-wan
posted 03-30-2003 01:36:55 PM
quote:
Lyinar, as far as I've seen, is a very intelligent, logical person. She can get loud and upset, but you all do it too, so that really isn't a good point to bring up.

Arrenn says it all.

Oh oh.. and I like Lyinar too! Especially since she stays crunchy in milk

Trillee
I <3 My Deviant
posted 03-30-2003 01:46:35 PM
I can't even put my opinion to words.
Gydyon
Yes, I am a lawyer. No you can't sue them for that. Shut up, or I'll have your legs broken.
posted 03-30-2003 01:55:54 PM
I know what I voted!
Gydyon
Evercrest Lawyer

Thinking about your posts
(and billing you for it) since 2001

Addy
posted 03-30-2003 02:13:08 PM
I voted for #4, although it's still a bit harsh, IMO. I would've gone for an option closer to #3, but leaning 'down' a bit.

This said, I do respect Lyinar, I don't go 'omfg IGNORE bish LOLOLOL flaem tiem' whenever she posts, but it does seem like she stirs up trouble for little-to-no reason sometimes (not all the time, heavens no). It could be habit, it could be intentional, it could be because some people just like to flame her for sport, but this is just my observation.

It doesn't make her a bad person, though. I still think she's a great gal; it's just that trouble seems to stalk her most of the time.

Lyinar Ka`Bael
Are you looking at my pine tree again?
posted 03-30-2003 02:44:31 PM
*scratches her head*

17 votes for banning, but all I see are good or semi-good posts.

Here's your chance, everyone. Go for it. I very much doubt Drysart will stop you.

Lyinar Ka`Bael, Piney Fresh Druidess - Luclin

Burger
BANNED!
posted 03-30-2003 03:00:18 PM
I WANT YOU TO BURN IN H.....

Oh wait, this isn't parce's thread...

Well, lyinar is one of the good ones. If anything, we need more of a vocal minority who are willing to speak up for what they believe in.

It's all well and good to have strong convictions, but if you do not voice them and support them, then you're no better than someone without convictions.

You've got a head on your shoulders, and spine enough to let people know so.

I say keep her.

Bite me.

No, Really. Bite me.

Khyron
posted 03-30-2003 03:09:25 PM
quote:
Check out the big brain on Lyinar Ka`Bael!
*scratches her head*

17 votes for banning, but all I see are good or semi-good posts.

Here's your chance, everyone. Go for it. I very much doubt Drysart will stop you.

I think that banning is a bit much.

I do think that sometimes when you get an idea in your head of how something should be, that often it ends up turning into a large flame fest and ends up being locked, only to bring about resentment for one side or another, until a new subject is brought up that is strongly disagreed with and debated and flames go flying and the blood and spurting... blood gushing everywhere, spurting, oh god, it's red and sticky, and ew....

Anyways, I do think that banning is going too far, but I think that sometimes you go a bit far with the arguments and discussions, and what could have been civil became... not civil. So there's room for improvement there, but hey, everyone has room for improvement.

Except me, I'm cramped in this tiny area and I'd like to improve but there's no room and some jackass just tipped over my tiny area so now I'm on my side.

Yeah.

Lyinar Ka`Bael
posted 03-30-2003 03:17:59 PM
I thought you wanted me to burn in hell with...damn...I can't remember the rest...perhaps it's in the log

Taeldian
Pancake
posted 03-30-2003 03:21:36 PM
I tend to agree with you most of the time, but even when you're right, you have a tendency to go overboard.

And then there's the rare occasion where I disagree with you and decide that I'll hate you forever.

Lyinar Ka`Bael
posted 03-30-2003 03:25:53 PM
So are you one of the 17 who voted ban? Hell, even the 5 who voted voice of reason make me curious. All I've seen is middle of the road. Give me some extremes. I've always been honest with you all, be honest with me now.

And I ask that Drysart not throw a shitfit toward anyone that does. I'm not going to turn anything into a flamewar, because I'm not going to respond in any way to what's said.

Taeldian
Pancake
posted 03-30-2003 03:27:31 PM
I voted indifferent, but I'm thinking I should have voted usually right.

Oh well.

On a side note, I didn't realize there were so many people on the boards! I was thinking somewhere around 30-50, but according to the poll, there are well over 100 (alt accounts?)!

[ 03-30-2003: Message edited by: Taeldian ]

Lyinar Ka`Bael
posted 03-30-2003 03:28:27 PM
Que sera sera.

Khyron
posted 03-30-2003 03:44:55 PM
I voted #4, actually.

But no, banning is too harsh.

And yes, you must BURN IN HELL because you haven't played Dragon Warrior 7 yet.

I'm having fun in DW7.

Burger
BANNED!
posted 03-30-2003 04:02:25 PM
quote:
Lyinar Ka`Bael had this to say about Knight Rider:
I thought you wanted me to burn in hell with...damn...I can't remember the rest...perhaps it's in the log

is that aimed towards me?

Bite me.

No, Really. Bite me.

Lyinar Ka`Bael
posted 03-30-2003 04:23:42 PM
quote:
The Burger had this to say about the Spice Girls:
is that aimed towards me?

Khyron once came into the SorcNet EC room and told me to burn in hell with like, flaming dogs or something like that. It was rather creative. I wish I remembered it. Of course he left before I could say anything.

Khyron
posted 03-30-2003 04:28:40 PM
quote:
Lyinar Ka`Bael had this to say about Robocop:
Khyron once came into the SorcNet EC room and told me to burn in hell with like, flaming dogs or something like that. It was rather creative. I wish I remembered it. Of course he left before I could say anything.

What can I say... I was upset and wanted to express it, without actually getting into an argument

Besides. YOU STILL HAVE NOT PLAYED DRAGON WARRIOR 7.

I was right about WA3, wasn't I?

Lyinar Ka`Bael
posted 03-30-2003 04:33:15 PM
Maybe you wouldn't have gotten into an argument, silly. I can be quite reasonable if you just come talk to me

Yes, you were. And I haven't played DW7 yet because I'm still getting 9,999,999 G in Xenogears before the final dungeon, just to see if I can.

Nina
posted 03-30-2003 04:49:40 PM
quote:
Lyinar Ka`Bael's account was hax0red to write:
I'm still getting 9,999,999 G in Xenogears before the final dungeon, just to see if I can.

I hope to god you have the Trader's Card (or something like that)

Nina
posted 03-30-2003 04:49:40 PM
wtf double post

[ 03-30-2003: Message edited by: Tier ]

Katrinity
Cookie Goddess!
posted 03-30-2003 04:58:18 PM
quote:
Arrenn Lightblade thought about the meaning of life:
I can't think of a single person who hasn't been involved in a flame war, and most of the flame wars are just an excuse to insult one another.

<coughs> Ever seen me in a flame war? <lays on the puppy-eyes> ^.^

And really, polls like this are silly. Everyone has their good and bad points, and the ones who should be banned are usually already been banned. <hugs Lyinar and everyone else and passes out cookies>

Cookie Goddess Supreme
Furry Kitsune of Power!
Pouncer of the 12th degree!
"Cxularath ftombn gonoragh pv'iornw hqxoxon targh!"
Translated: "Sell your soul for a cookie?"
Nae
Fun with Chocolate
posted 03-30-2003 05:25:23 PM
I voted number 4.. I am only saying so because I know that that Lyinar is going to think that I voted number 5.

My reasons are for pretty much the same reasons that Mightion stated.

Lyinar Ka`Bael
posted 03-30-2003 05:49:29 PM
quote:
Tier got all f'ed up on Angel Dust and wrote:
I hope to god you have the Trader's Card (or something like that)

Nope. But I'm already up to 4mil

Kekvit Irae
Pancake
posted 03-30-2003 06:56:22 PM
Writing this because Lyinar asked...

I voted 4 long ago because, although she is a good friend, she needs to learn to keep her mouth shut when things heat up. It's like she has absolutely no sense of self control or knows when to stop.
Me? I dont engage in flamewars. Ever heard the old expression 'An eye for an eye leaves the whole world blind' (quoted by Ghandi)? In fact, I wouldnt have even made this post if she didnt ask me to.

All times are US/Eastern
Hop To: