EverCrest Message Forums
You are not logged in. Login or Register.
Author
Topic: The Godawful RP Thread
Ragabash
Pancake
posted 01-31-2003 03:52:39 AM
quote:
Kinanik impressed everyone with:
Me: The Mayor tells you to go visit the retired genral, he's over there
Friend(Level 2 Paladin): I go to his house and knock on the door
Me:He opens the door and friendly greets you
Friend: I attack him, he should have some cool stuff if he's this old/
Me: ...

That paladin guy is exactly the type of person we'd like to have play with us

for instance

Justin has just evaluated the worth of the crown of Saracek, the hastily defeated undead nobleman and ex-warrior for the dark forces. The ornate crown's estimation at being worth approximately 250 gold pieces doesn't impress Max. Especially when coupled with the overall scant nature of his tomb.

Max: What kind of king was this guy? King of the poor?! King of the losers?!

Course, the Paladin would have to be trained to be a little more clever about it. His next thought should be "course, if he's lived this long, maybe he won't be so easy" And then devise a plan to get him later, when you can stack up huge bonuses in your favor.

examples
Scramge the rakshasha smiles and glares with luminescent evil eyes at the duo. "We shall meet again someday," he declares menacingly as he swiftly turns and raises his hand to pull a brick in the wall.

Justin and Max: ATTACK OF OPPORTUNITY!
----
and never underestimate the power of intimidation!

The group has discovered a clear panel in the wall of the level's copy room. They swing it open and see a small delivery capsule that can be shot up and down by the control of air currents, this is apparently some remarkable message tube.

Taking the remains of brain from their impromptu surgery on orcs in the previous room, they cram the goo into the capsule and ponder whether to send a note along with the package to the lower levels. Max remarks...

Max: Let's put "Now I have an orc's brain. Ho. Ho. Ho. "

[ 01-31-2003: Message edited by: Ragabash ]

Feed my hungry soul.
ArchAngel
Not a girl, never will be, no matter how much you may hear differently
posted 01-31-2003 07:59:17 AM
This isn't all that bad, it just frustrated me how off-track things were getting:

Ok this was during an Ironclaw campaign I was running and the two rogue-types and the cleric had just gotten into town and registered.

The rogues immediately set to plotting on how to take the town for all it's worth while the cleric, like a good player, looks for the Inn they were supposed to find.

Long story short, the rogues took over an abandoned stall in the market and one started selling... get this... pet rocks. Successfully. He passed his rolls with all overwhelming successes.

"What power would hell have if those imprisoned there could not dream of heaven?" -Dream, Sandman
"When the first living thing existed, I was there waiting. When the last living thing dies, my job will be finished. I'll put the chairs on the tables, turn out the lights, and lock the universe behind me as I leave." -Death, Sandman
"Things need not have happened to be true. Tales and dreams are the shadow truths that will endure when mere facts are dust and ashes, and forgot." Dream, Sandman
Full sigpic image
Faelynn LeAndris
Lusty busty redheaded wood elf with sharp claws
posted 01-31-2003 09:00:01 AM
One of the many reasons playing with Arttemis and keeping a strait face is hard...

quote:

<I_OWN_YOU> You feel a little Woozy Nam

<Namfoodle> << ;-) >>

<I_OWN_YOU> JAde you feel sleepy

* Jade_Shebari yawns

* Balkor fidgets with his second shield, shaking his head to try clearing it.

* Namfoodle starts shaking his arms and jogging in place

<I_OWN_YOU> Other than that nothing happens

<Namfoodle> whew the woozies are getting to me

<I_OWN_YOU> No one but Kraknek actually passed out

* Kraknek starts to move his legs, and giggles

* Kardan looks around at everybody. "Perhaps we should board the tavern up and rest for the remainder of the evening.

<Kardan> We can set out in a couple more hours for whoever did this.

* Balkor glances up at Kardan, "Works for me."

<Namfoodle> What about that lot off in thw woods?

* Abbi_Wolfstalker watches as the others appear to waver slightly.. all but one sihouette who she recognises even from this distance...

<Kraknek> Mmmm... Rockbiter... Mmmmm...

* Kraknek giggles some more

* Jade_Shebari looks down at the ground

* Jade_Shebari whispers, 'He is out like a light.. which is lookin good right now..'

<Kardan> One of them..if it's who I believe it to be..will be fine.

<Namfoodle> right then..

<Kardan> However, that dwarf out there looks like he may need some help..

* Namfoodle trots off towards the others

* Kardan heads down the street towards the passed out dwarf.

* Balkor ambles over to Kraknek and Jade, kneels down over Kraknek, and glances up at Jade, not noticing Abbi at all, "We're heading inside. Too risky out here, especially without rest."

* Abbi_Wolfstalker blinks her eyes, trying to keep awake, watching the others pick up the dwarf

<Namfoodle> right, right.. yah what he said..

* Kraknek rolls over, his loincloth shifted off to the side, quite indecently. He has a stupid grin, and giggles.

* Jade_Shebari shakes her head and looks away

<I_OWN_YOU> Okay you heft Kraknek up now what?

<Jade_Shebari> erg

* Namfoodle shifts the loincloth back over... "poor dafter.."

<Jade_Shebari> someone get this dwarf a pair of breeches

<I_OWN_YOU> You feel tickling in your sleep Kraknek

* Balkor loses his grip on Kraknek when the lug rolls, "Hold still, would ya?"

* Jade_Shebari ponders

<Jade_Shebari> he looks like he is enjoying himself

* Kraknek giggles

* Jade_Shebari starts rubbing her hand against the dwarf's cheek jokingly

<Kardan> I'm glad somebody is...

<Kraknek> Mmm, lower, Rockbiter...

<Kardan> Maybe a bit.. TOO much..

* Kraknek giggles loudly

* Kraknek rolls around some more, giggling and chuckling like a 13 year old girl who just heard a bad joke.

<Kraknek> I love it when you do that with your beard...

<Kardan> .......

My LAUNCHCast Station
"Respect the Forest, Fear the Ranger"
I got lost for an hour and became god.
Faelynn LeAndris
Lusty busty redheaded wood elf with sharp claws
posted 01-31-2003 09:12:02 AM
quote:

Kardan Derros wraps an arm around a leg on both Krak and Balk

Balkor Voracid: "Woah, steady there!"

D' Svyat looks around the boat, and sees Abbigail getting in

Kraknek grabs his pole.

GM: ...

Jade Shebari: ((ROFLROFLROFLROFL))

D' Svyat: <<Hah!>>

Ranyth Forsworn: <<HAHAHAHAHA>>

Abbigail WolfStalker: <<not another tent pole in the loincloth....>>

GM: Moving right along....

My LAUNCHCast Station
"Respect the Forest, Fear the Ranger"
I got lost for an hour and became god.
Hireko
Kill a fish before breakfast each day
posted 01-31-2003 10:04:25 AM
Learning new game systems is also fun.

GM (me): Here's your Potestas list, Bobby. They're sort of like vampire abilities in that you have to spend HP's to use them.

<Bobby starts perusing list.>

B: Ian has to spend 6 HP to remember stuff? Doesn't he only get d6?

GM: Yep. <grins> Fun huh?

B: <continues reading> Hey, here's a power that doesn't use any HP at all! Hoowah!

Tracy: <glances over> That's reading maps, Bobby.

Those who dance are thought insane by those who can't hear the music.
`Doc
Cold in an Alley
posted 01-31-2003 11:07:35 AM
quote:
Hireko FishSlayer wrote, obviously thinking too hard:
Learning new game systems is also fun.

GM (me): Here's your Potestas list, Bobby. They're sort of like vampire abilities in that you have to spend HP's to use them.

<Bobby starts perusing list.>

B: Ian has to spend 6 HP to remember stuff? Doesn't he only get d6?

GM: Yep. <grins> Fun huh?

B: <continues reading> Hey, here's a power that doesn't use any HP at all! Hoowah!

Tracy: <glances over> That's reading maps, Bobby.

Reading maps may be free, but remembering where he is on the map costs 6hp. Kinda makes map reading less useful, doesn't it?

[ 01-31-2003: Message edited by: Ford Prefect ]

Base eight is just like base ten, really... if you're missing two fingers. - Tom Lehrer
There are people in this world who do not love their fellow human beings, and I hate people like that! - Tom Lehrer
I want to be a race car passenger; just a guy who bugs the driver. "Say man, can I turn on the radio? You should slow down. Why do we gotta keep going in circles? Can I put my feet out the window? Man, you really like Tide..." - Mitch Hedberg
Please keep your arms, legs, heads, tails, tentacles, pseudopods, wings, and/or other limb-like structures inside the ride at all times.
Please submit all questions, inquests, and/or inquiries, in triplicate, to the Department of Redundancy Department, Division for the Management of Division Management Divisions.

Cap'n Elethi
I'm too sexy for my shirt, too sexy for my shirt...
posted 01-31-2003 03:21:17 PM
Oh man do I have some memories...

I remember one time when, because we had recently atained level 9 (Or somewhere around there), we decided it would be a good idea to destroy a whole town. Of course, at level 9, the mage doesn't have near enough fire power, the fighter enough hit points, nor the cleric enough heals for you to try to take out everyone in the town.

Suffice to say, we ran soon after we realized how little we could really do.

Elethi Rian, A Man Of Many Talents
Nicole
The hip-hop-happiest bunny in all of marshmallow woods
posted 01-31-2003 05:51:53 PM
Another stupid thing I didn't do this time!

I had concocted this stuff called snowdust, a sort of half-magic. When the trigger word is said, a reaction takes place, causing said dust to become incredibly cold, like, frostbite on contact cold. When that's not happening, however, snowdust was a mild narcotic. Hence, a few idiot people tried to eat and snort the snowdust. The word changed slightly with each batch, and the current one was "deadfire".

Anyway, me and a bunch of people were wandering about some forests behind the city walls, and we come across a dead dude. Like, really dead. Skinless, crispy, melted dead.

Me: ... dude. That's really gross. Self-immolation?
Friend1: Spontaneous combustion! Like a human torch! Would have been fun to see. *giggle*
Friend2: Do we just leave it here, or bury it or something?
Friend1: I am NOT touching it. Ew.
Me: This is rather odd, though. Nothing about, no footprints, and someone's dead. Fire, perha-
Friend1: AUGHAUGHAUGHAUGH AAAGH *falls to the ground clawing at his throat and chest*

Moral of the story: don't go rooting through my stuff, or your lungs will freeze.

I just spent
my last cent
purchasing this poverty.

Ragabash
Pancake
posted 01-31-2003 06:03:14 PM
lol!
Feed my hungry soul.
Drakkenmaw
Crunchy, tastes good with ketchup
posted 01-31-2003 06:05:48 PM
What must be said at least once every other game session I'm in, by SOMEONE:

"So, what's up?"
"We're going outside to get killed. Wanna come?"

Drakkenmaw
Crunchy, tastes good with ketchup
posted 01-31-2003 06:11:33 PM
"So...How would you like to go horribly insane and then have your head torn off by many-tentacled beings from beyond?"

"Well okay, if everyone else is..."

(Call of Cthulu is great for one-shot games.)

Sentow, Maybe
Pancake
posted 01-31-2003 07:56:39 PM
[during a Ravenloft campaign]

"I cast Detect Evil!"
"Okay. You're blind for the next two hours."

Once more into the breach, my friends, once more. We'll close the wall with our dead. In peace, nothing so becomes a man as modesty and humility, but when the blast of war blows in our ears, then imitate the action of the tiger, summon up the blood, disguise fair nature with rage and lend the eye a terrible aspect.
Delphi Aegis
Delphi. That's right. The oracle. Ask me anything. Anything about your underwear.
posted 01-31-2003 08:12:26 PM
I remember playing a straightclass theif for my first campaign. Of course, I was with players that'd been playing ~20+ years, so I couldn't get anything by 'em.

I tried to put on a ring of invisibility and backstab like mad.

Fizodeth
an unflattering title
posted 01-31-2003 08:26:45 PM
EQ Tabletop version. DM was creating his own mobs, This man is known for overpowering. Best quote ever, "Each seperate ability looked good, little difficult, but I didn't realise what all they could do together!" Well before the night ended, I had signs with /petition, /report, /q, /feedback, and /bug.

Entertaining game.

Tegadil
Queen of the Smoofs
posted 01-31-2003 08:37:13 PM
Man...this one time...yeah...
All times are US/Eastern
Hop To: