EverCrest Message Forums
You are not logged in. Login or Register.
Author
Topic: Like, oh my god.
Steven Steve
posted 12-31-2002 03:14:38 AM
So by posting more you're running the risk of getting banned?
"Absolutely NOTHING [will stop me from buying Diablo III]. I will buy it regardless of what they do."
- Grawbad, Battle.net forums

"Don't want to sound like a fanboy, but I am with you. I'll buy it for sure, it's just a matter of for how long I will be playing it..."
- Silvast, Battle.net forums

Naota Nandaba
Don't ask me about any goddamned bannings!
posted 12-31-2002 03:14:59 AM
quote:
Fazum'Zen Fastfist said this about your mom:

higher percent chance.

Nothing amazing happens here.
Only the ordinary.
Korvus
Pancake
posted 12-31-2002 03:15:05 AM
quote:
The logic train ran off the tracks when Suddar said:
I'm going to be displaying my incredible intolerance by accepting your opinion with a calm but disagreeing "okay," because I really don't think I'd convince you even if I did "fight" about it.

But I'm sorry you feel that way.

I'm sorry you feel that way as well. What you're basically saying is, "Fine, i'll roll over for you, you're just a baby anyway." I don't think either of us will budge, so i think i'll just roll over as well.

Suddar
posted 12-31-2002 03:16:21 AM
I don't think I flame that much anymore. At least, not often. Am I wrong?

And the difference between you and I, Faz, is that nobody is sure if you're serious or not, but when I flame people are pretty sure that I mean it and that I'm just being a jackass. So I get banned. But, honestly, I think if you were to ask around people would just generally like me more even though I've been banned because I've learned to control myself. I don't know if you have, exactly, or if you even want to.

Naota Nandaba
posted 12-31-2002 03:16:23 AM
quote:
From the book of Korvus, chapter 3, verse 16:
I'm sorry you feel that way as well. What you're basically saying is, "Fine, i'll roll over for you, you're just a baby anyway." I don't think either of us will budge, so i think i'll just roll over as well.

You're of the opinion that not being banned elevates you to some higher status than those who have been banned before.

Once you realize otherwise, you'll be fine.

Only the ordinary.
Lashanna
noob
posted 12-31-2002 03:17:33 AM
I like Waisz.
I think he can be an ass sometimes.
But overall, I like him a lot more, and he's provided me with intelligent converastion, many hours of playing time fun via miscellaneous games, and overall just been a swell guy.

I also, for some reason, feel like he has no interest in hitting on me, and I feel like he doesn't behave differently, because I'm a female. This is nice. I enjoy it.

Faz, however, has never discussed anything intelligent with me, or even seemed remotely harmonious. He and KingBling babbling and spamming #evercrest is enough to make one leave the chat, simply out of headache.

Sorry.

It seems like too many people are trying to portray Faz as a dumb, defenseless bunny, and Waisz as a kid with a slingshot and a cruel heart.

In fact, Waisz just does what I don't even bother doing anymore.

Dad's going to kill you. Really. He is.
»Waisztarroz«
Pancake
posted 12-31-2002 03:17:48 AM
quote:
Fazum'Zen Fastfist had this to say about Cuba:

Not so much in the sense that every post bears the chance for a ban, although it does, but rather that people who post more often usually start to feel a greater need to show greater emotion in their posts, which is what usually makes the low points too low.

I <3 Steel Battalion!
Steven Steve
posted 12-31-2002 03:17:56 AM
It should detract from your credibility, though.

directed at keg

[ 12-31-2002: Message edited by: Fazum'Zen Fastfist ]

"Absolutely NOTHING [will stop me from buying Diablo III]. I will buy it regardless of what they do."

"Don't want to sound like a fanboy, but I am with you. I'll buy it for sure, it's just a matter of for how long I will be playing it..."

Suddar
posted 12-31-2002 03:19:41 AM
quote:
Korvus had this to say about John Romero:

What are you talking about?

Dude, I think you have some serious misconceptions as to who I am. I'm honestly kind of upset that you feel the way you do, and I'm not just putting on some pouty show, because that's not the way I try to present myself. I don't believe you really know me, so why are you so quick to judge? I know this won't change your perception of me but I really am curious. Why do you hold such contempt to me when you really don't even know who I am, and you have some serious misconceptions as to how I think and act?

Steven Steve
posted 12-31-2002 03:20:27 AM
quote:
And I was all like 'Oh yeah?' and »Waisztarroz« was all like:
Not so much in the sense that every post bears the chance for a ban, although it does, but rather that people who post more often usually start to feel a greater need to show greater emotion in their posts, which is what usually makes the low points too low.

Maybe that's my problem? Even in real life, my emotions are very dull.

Ja'Deth Issar Ka'bael
I posted in a title changing thread.
posted 12-31-2002 03:20:40 AM
Lyinar's pissed Drysart off more than anyone. I think she got a one-day ban once (but don't quote me on that). I've gotten nasty with people before, I've argued and bickered, hell I was a Bad Moderator and I didn't get punished.

That's why you shouldn't take it personally. Sometimes what you do rubs the big guy or a mod the wrong way and you get blacklisted. Whoopee! He'll get his ability to post back when it gets turned off.

Ban? Talk to Drysart. Arguing with people over an act of moderation is a dangerous thing to do by anyone's measure, and trying to be a martyr and saying you don't care if you get punished (just in case you do) is just a fast way of saying you don't want your account anymore.

THINK BEFORE YOU POST! THINK BEFORE YOU ARGUE!

Know why Sage hasn't gotten banned for flaming? Because he doesn't flame for lack of good reason. If he fires off at someone, it's because they deserve it.

Lyinar's sweetie and don't you forget it!*
"All those moments will be lost in time, like tears in rain. Time to die. -Roy Batty
*Also Lyinar's attack panda

sigpic courtesy of This Guy, original modified by me

Naota Nandaba
posted 12-31-2002 03:21:54 AM
quote:
Fazum'Zen Fastfist had this to say about Captain Planet:
Maybe that's my problem? Even in real life, my emotions are very dull.

That has to suck.

Only the ordinary.
Korvus
Pancake
posted 12-31-2002 03:24:05 AM
quote:
Kegwen. thought this was the Ricky Martin Fan Club Forum and wrote:
You're of the opinion that not being banned elevates you to some higher status than those who have been banned before.

Once you realize otherwise, you'll be fine.

When did I have this opinion? you're putting words in my mouth. In my first post, I didn't say faz was better. I stated my opinion that I found it funny that you guys are all jumping down faz's throat, yet some of you, have done much worse things than him. Faz never has room to improve, because all you guys do is say "Hey! There's faz! He was stupid once, so let's not give him any room to improve, let's just tease and ridicule the shit out of him!" Even if he did improve, you guys would still talk down to him like you do.

Suddar
posted 12-31-2002 03:26:14 AM
quote:
Korvus was naked while typing this:
When did I have this opinion? you're putting words in my mouth. In my first post, I didn't say faz was better. I stated my opinion that I found it funny that you guys are all jumping down faz's throat, yet some of you, have done much worse things than him. Faz never has room to improve, because all you guys do is say "Hey! There's faz! He was stupid once, so let's not give him any room to improve, let's just tease and ridicule the shit out of him!" Even if he did improve, you guys would still talk down to him like you do.

I'd like to give this moment to say that I honestly think very highly of Faz when he's not being a dick. I've also jumped to his defense numerous times when people did just what you're describing to him, not really giving him a chance, even if they did never listen. You know, maybe you shouldn't rely so heavily on broken or second hand information. Because, honestly, it's really not working for you.

Ja'Deth Issar Ka'bael
I posted in a title changing thread.
posted 12-31-2002 03:28:02 AM
Cripes someone lock this thread.
Lyinar's sweetie and don't you forget it!*
"All those moments will be lost in time, like tears in rain. Time to die. -Roy Batty
*Also Lyinar's attack panda

sigpic courtesy of This Guy, original modified by me

Naota Nandaba
posted 12-31-2002 03:28:14 AM
quote:
Korvus said this about your mom:

People used to hate and ridicule Faz for posting almost entirely about Kung Fu.

He quit that, and now people ridicule him for his idiocy. If he isn't an idiot in real life, good for him. We have only the personality he uses on the board to judge him upon.

With Faz, I don't see a human side behind him. He lacks feeling and emotion. This makes him appear less-than-human and thus I have trouble feeling bad for him.

At least with Waisz I know there's a real human being with real emotions behind the forum regular.

quote:
Ja'Deth Issar Ka'bael enlisted the help of an infinite number of monkeys to write:
Cripes someone lock this thread.

[Waisztarroz]: I requested a no-lockdown

[ 12-31-2002: Message edited by: Kegwen. ]

Only the ordinary.
Steven Steve
posted 12-31-2002 03:29:02 AM
When am I a dick? I'm usually just kidding around, and if I am being a dick, it'll be fairly obvious. (However, my dick mode is usually a counterattack against something.) I'll say something flat out, like, "You're fat," or, "You're ugly," or, "You're a geek."

There is a sense of justice in my world

OtakuPenguin
Peels like a tangerine, but is juicy like an orange.
posted 12-31-2002 03:30:12 AM
Good god on High, am I the only one who doesn't find Faz annoying?

And I like Waisz too, what the hell? =p

..:: This Is The Sound Of Settling ::..
Death of Rats
Pancake
posted 12-31-2002 03:30:26 AM
the first page was funny.
A particularly crafty sea lion is befuddling the Army Corps of Engineers, who have come to believe the 1,000-pound mammal is either from hell -- or from Harvard.
Lashanna
noob
posted 12-31-2002 03:30:40 AM
I was blacklisted too... I even have a screenshot,

Dad's going to kill you. Really. He is.
Suddar
posted 12-31-2002 03:31:20 AM
quote:
When the babel fish was in place, it was apparent Fazum'Zen Fastfist said:
When am I a dick? I'm usually just kidding around, and if I am being a dick, it'll be fairly obvious. (However, my dick mode is usually a counterattack against something.) I'll say something flat out, like, "You're fat," or, "You're ugly," or, "You're a geek."

There is a sense of justice in my world

You're joking to you, but really, you don't give much indication to anybody else.

Steven Steve
posted 12-31-2002 03:32:33 AM
I really do make sense in real life. Honest.

Cleopatra
Pancake
posted 12-31-2002 03:35:16 AM
This Pimp Daddy thinks this thread was dangerously close to hate mongering at the start but I'm going to let the Big D decide that since the subject is blacklisted and not even he likes him. Hate mongering isn't only against the rules when it's done to people that are well liked.

But the thread is also heating up into something I'll have to bitch slap back down soon, dig?

[ 12-31-2002: Message edited by: Dolemite ]

»Waisztarroz«
Pancake
posted 12-31-2002 03:38:13 AM
That brown tag makes me sadf.
I <3 Steel Battalion!
Steven Steve
posted 12-31-2002 03:38:53 AM
I love you

and I think this thread is about dead

Naota Nandaba
posted 12-31-2002 03:39:31 AM
quote:
Fazum'Zen Fastfist had this to say about (_|_):
I love you

and I think this thread is about dead

Dolemite ended our pointless banter! For shame!

Only the ordinary.
Alek
Not The Rapist
posted 12-31-2002 03:40:43 AM
quote:
This insanity brought to you by Kegwen.:
That has to suck.

It's not as bad as it sounds.

quote:
OtakuPenguin:
Good god on High, am I the only one who doesn't find Faz annoying?
And I like Waisz too, what the hell? =p

I don't find Faz annoying. I find Waisz rather dull, but other than that I have nothing against him.

"Love wisdom, and she will make you great. Embrace her, and she will bring you honour. She will be your crowning glory."
-Proverbs 4:8-9
Naota Nandaba
posted 12-31-2002 03:45:09 AM
quote:
Alek Saege stopped staring at Deedlit long enough to write:
I don't find Faz annoying. I find Waisz rather dull, but other than that I have nothing against him.

Faz is dull. Waisz is sometimes annoying but at least he shows signs of being human.

edit: this post contained only my personal opinion, which is not fact, nor is it an attack on anyone else's opinion.

This thread is all about now.

[ 12-31-2002: Message edited by: Kegwen. ]

Only the ordinary.
King Parcelan
Chicken of the Sea
posted 12-31-2002 03:48:07 AM
You fuckers need hobbies.
Naota Nandaba
posted 12-31-2002 03:48:25 AM
quote:
Don Parcelan impressed everyone with:

Roger that.

Only the ordinary.
Fizodeth
an unflattering title
posted 12-31-2002 04:10:03 AM
Everyone needs to be like me and go to a strict lurker policy, it's fun... really...

No fights either...

Mortious
Gluttonous Overlard
posted 12-31-2002 04:14:06 AM
quote:
How.... Don Parcelan.... uughhhhhh:

Or clubs.

There's nothing like a good iron-shod club to settle differences.

King Parcelan
Chicken of the Sea
posted 12-31-2002 04:29:03 AM
quote:
Baron Von Mortay obviously shouldn't have said:
Or clubs.

There's nothing like a good iron-shod club to settle differences.

No shit, dawg.

Aury
My hair is a deadly weapon
posted 12-31-2002 04:30:01 AM
paper/rock/scissors solves all.
King Parcelan
Chicken of the Sea
posted 12-31-2002 04:34:08 AM
quote:
aurywoof impressed everyone with:
paper/rock/scissors solves all.

*caves in Aury's head with a rock*

Fizodeth
an unflattering title
posted 12-31-2002 04:37:09 AM
quote:
Don Parcelan said this about your mom:
*caves in Aury's head with a rock*

*throws a sheet of paper in the way*

Elvish Crack Piper
Murder is justified so long as people believe in something different than you do
posted 12-31-2002 04:46:53 AM
*Thinks about using the Scissors to cut the paper, but decides to just throw htem at Waiz and Faz*
(Insert Funny Phrase Here)
Il Buono
You see, in this world there's two kinds of people, my friend.
posted 12-31-2002 08:09:41 AM
quote:
There was much rejoicing when Dolemite said this:
Big D

Let it riiiiide.

"Those with loaded guns, and those who dig. You dig."
Mod
Pancake
posted 12-31-2002 08:51:19 AM
We really need a Rickshaw here for this type of thread.
Life... is like a box of chocolates. A cheap, thoughtless, perfunctory gift that nobody ever asks for. Unreturnable, because all you get back is another box of chocolates. You're stuck with this undefinable whipped-mint crap that you mindlessly wolf down when there's nothing else left to eat. Sure, once in a while, there's a peanut butter cup, or an English toffee. But they're gone too fast, the taste is fleeting. So you end up with nothing but broken bits, filled with hardened jelly and teeth-crunching nuts, and if you're desperate enough to eat those, all you've got left is a... is an empty box... filled with useless, brown paper wrappers.
Taskmaster Bajah
Pancake
posted 12-31-2002 09:16:16 AM
Well, good morning, EC.

This is me, locking this thread. What a way to start off the day!

All times are US/Eastern
Hop To: