EverCrest Message Forums
You are not logged in. Login or Register.
Author
Topic: Public Speaking
Faeth Es'Braewyn
No Breasts. :(
posted 04-30-2002 11:31:03 AM
I'm for the most part very shy and quiet, it takes a lot to get me involved. I personally don't like public speaking at all, but I am for the most part fairly good at it. As long as there are no written parts.

My grammar, spelling, and overall writing skills suck. But in speech I do quite well.

And I'll do it for the same reasons Bloodsage mentioned. Filling a gap others are unwilling to, means more oppurtunities for me. Which of course means more advancement, and more gain. I wouldn't say Im powerhungry though, but I do enjoy getting ahead in my life in order to leave rougher times behind. In the buisness world it's a very big part to getting your foot in the door. People are more willing to take you seriously, and pay attention to your more important qualities if you are able to talk to them face to face in an organized public manner. I think that applies to most parts of your everyday life as well.

"Born of fire, forged with steel, I am the hunter that you know, but will never see..."
Gydyon
Yes, I am a lawyer. No you can't sue them for that. Shut up, or I'll have your legs broken.
posted 04-30-2002 11:38:38 AM
I know this may shock some of you coming form me, but yes, I do enjoy public speaking.

May sound odd, but early on in high school I decided I needed to get over myself, so I started acting, speaking, and various other things to get myself some confidence. I have had a flair for it ever since.

Gydyon
Evercrest Lawyer

Thinking about your posts
(and billing you for it) since 2001

Callalron
Hires people with hooks
posted 04-30-2002 02:43:44 PM
quote:
The logic train ran off the tracks when RPC said:
Watch out for the Russian Vodka....

Bah. I can knock back shots of Stoli all the live long day and not even blink. Although I'm praying I don't get into a vodka drinking contest with my potential future father-in-law. The guy will seriously ownz0r my pansy Amerikanski wannabe vodka drinking ass in all likelihood.

Callalron
"When mankind finally discovers the center of the universe, a lot of people are going to be upset that it isn't them."
"If you give a man a fish he'll eat for a day. If you teach a man to fish he'll just go out and buy an ugly hat. But if you talk to a starving man about fish, then you've become a consultant."--Dogbert
Arvek, 41 Bounty Hunter
Vrook Lamar server
OtakuPenguin
Peels like a tangerine, but is juicy like an orange.
posted 04-30-2002 02:46:25 PM
quote:
Karnaj's unholy Backstreet Boys obsession manifested in:
A)

I have no shame.

Yaes. Probably why I'm president of our Drama club too, and am an anchor on our daily announcments show.

When something like reading or acting like an ass it's always...

"Someone get Ian!"

Funny thing is though, if you'd ever ask any of them if I mess around in class or get bad grades, they'd tell you NO without hesitating. One thing though, I'm not as witty as say...Parce, oh well though.

[ 04-30-2002: Message edited by: The Otaku Penguin ]

..:: This Is The Sound Of Settling ::..
Addy
posted 04-30-2002 02:58:53 PM
B.

I'm incredibly shy when it comes to public speaking. I prefer to write out my feelings and whatnot instead of actually talking. Mostly because I care a LOT about what others think. Is my voice horrible? Do I sound stupid? Can they understand me? Are they laughing with me or at me? Those sort of questions run through my head every chance they get. Go go anxiety.

Hostile Makeover
Evil as chocolate covered thistles
posted 04-30-2002 03:03:38 PM
B
*points up to everything Adrecia said*

I am painfully shy, and even with groups of friends I'm still quiet and reserved. I've been described as a phobic-introvert. Those closest to me have asked if I've ever just cut loose

If I -have- to do any public speaking, ie for classes or whatnot, I can do it, but I usually have to grip whatever I'm standing behind to keep from fainting... I'm shaking so much I can feel my insides quivering. Speech/debate in high school was hell.

[ 04-30-2002: Message edited by: Xyrra ]

All times are US/Eastern
Hop To: