EverCrest Message Forums
You are not logged in. Login or Register.
Author
Topic: Submissions and Approvals
`Doc
Cold in an Alley
posted 11-26-2001 10:46:14 AM
Since I've been getting a decent amount of interest in the campaign, I've decided to keep people posted on recruiting progress. This thread will be updated periodically.

CATEGORIES:
:: APPROVED: I have received a full character submission from these people, and have decided to accept their characters. Congradulations!
:: REVIEW: I have received and am currently considering full character submissions from these people.
:: IN PROGRESS: I have received partial character submissions from these people, and hope to receive the remainder of the submissions in the near future.
:: PENDING: These people have expressed an interest in the campaign, and are (to the best of my knowledge) currently working on characters.
:: Some people have decided not to participate in the campaign, either due to time constraints or a disinterest in the gaming environment. I have omitted those people from the above categories. If they reconsider later on, their names will be added in the appropriate locations.
:: If someone appears in more than one location, it is likely that he or she has submitted (or is working on, etc) multiple characters. Currently, each player may only use one character. However, multiple characters may be submitted, or even approved. In the case of multiple approvals, whichever characters are not in play will be considered backup characters.

APPROVED
:: Willias
REVIEW
:: Anklebitur D'gnome
:: Ruvyen Warblade
:: Strider
IN PROGRESS
:: Aanile
PENDING
:: Drakkenmaw
:: Ferret
:: Gork
:: Siliddar
:: Tarquinn
:: Taylen

[ 11-26-2001: Message edited by: Ford Prefect ]

Base eight is just like base ten, really... if you're missing two fingers. - Tom Lehrer
There are people in this world who do not love their fellow human beings, and I hate people like that! - Tom Lehrer
I want to be a race car passenger; just a guy who bugs the driver. "Say man, can I turn on the radio? You should slow down. Why do we gotta keep going in circles? Can I put my feet out the window? Man, you really like Tide..." - Mitch Hedberg
Please keep your arms, legs, heads, tails, tentacles, pseudopods, wings, and/or other limb-like structures inside the ride at all times.
Please submit all questions, inquests, and/or inquiries, in triplicate, to the Department of Redundancy Department, Division for the Management of Division Management Divisions.

Lyinar Ka`Bael
Are you looking at my pine tree again?
posted 11-26-2001 10:28:32 PM
Poor Aanile

Gonna be stuck in a game with all guys

Lyinar Ka`Bael, Piney Fresh Druidess - Luclin

The Last Strider
I will die alone
posted 11-27-2001 03:03:38 PM
*crosses his fingers, toes, and eyes in a hope of luck*
"We have listened to you speak since the dawn of time, and we have learned to imatoot you exarktly."-The Simpsons

Necromancer: How DARE you imply that I was involved in a rude act with my undead servant! I will flay the flesh from your bones! I will summon a thousand maggot-ridden corpses to gnaw your flesh! I will trap your soul in-
Ghoul: My ass hurts.

`Doc
Cold in an Alley
posted 11-28-2001 08:47:32 AM
quote:
Lyinar had this to say about Punky Brewster:
Poor Aanile

Gonna be stuck in a game with all guys

Not necessarily! (And even if she was, don't count out NPCs )

I have now accepted two (2) characters for the campaign. Once I have accepted four (4), I'll have enough to kick things off.

APPROVED
REVIEW
IN PROGRESS
PENDING
:: Abbigail
:: Tarquinn

[ 11-29-2001: Message edited by: Ford Prefect ]

Base eight is just like base ten, really... if you're missing two fingers. - Tom Lehrer
There are people in this world who do not love their fellow human beings, and I hate people like that! - Tom Lehrer
I want to be a race car passenger; just a guy who bugs the driver. "Say man, can I turn on the radio? You should slow down. Why do we gotta keep going in circles? Can I put my feet out the window? Man, you really like Tide..." - Mitch Hedberg
Please keep your arms, legs, heads, tails, tentacles, pseudopods, wings, and/or other limb-like structures inside the ride at all times.
Please submit all questions, inquests, and/or inquiries, in triplicate, to the Department of Redundancy Department, Division for the Management of Division Management Divisions.

Jania Arindelil
Is really cute and cuddly... just needs a hug
posted 12-01-2001 02:20:12 PM
I meant players

Aren't every one of those cept Aanile guys?

Well, the ones that were there before Abbi was added.

[ 12-01-2001: Message edited by: Jania ]

Jania Arindelil
Dragon Guardian, Grandmaster Archer
Very Cranky Person
"I'll torture you so slowly, you'll think it's a career." - Darwin Mayflower
`Doc
Cold in an Alley
posted 12-02-2001 04:37:10 PM
Yep. Abbi's on the pending list. Plus my status request drummed up some new interest, so here's another update.

APPROVED
REVIEW
IN PROGRESS
PENDING
:: Falaanla Marr
:: Ozius
:: Reyolen

[ 12-02-2001: Message edited by: Ford Prefect ]

Reyolen
Wanders too much for a custom title
posted 12-02-2001 09:00:05 PM
Well, I sent my character, I hope you get it. (Hopes it is reviewed or accepted )
`Doc
Cold in an Alley
posted 12-02-2001 09:48:55 PM
Decided to add a new category.
:: UNKNOWN: This person expressed an interest, but I have not heard back since as to whether he or she intents to submit a character.

I've also taken into account some emails & PMs I've gotten over the past 24 hours.

APPROVED
REVIEW
:: Anklebitur D'gnome / Nith D'vaz
IN PROGRESS
PENDING
UNKNOWN
:: Archangel
:: KaLourin
:: Lazuli
:: Lenlalron
:: Maradon / Koska Kintaro
:: Old Wolf

Maelarr
Pancake
posted 12-03-2001 09:19:55 AM
im working on it, we're having weird thing happen, switching ISp's and ill get you my chargen file and history as soon as i know what my new E-mail addy is

All Empires Fall, You just have to know where to push- Me
Cleric Rogue Sigpic
Maelarr
Pancake
posted 12-03-2001 01:30:37 PM
screw it, i sent you one with hotmail

Cleric Rogue Sigpic
`Doc
Cold in an Alley
posted 12-03-2001 02:17:03 PM
I have an @$$load of elves now (as predicted), so I have some decisions to make, and a lot of reading to do.

APPROVED
REVIEW
IN PROGRESS
PENDING
UNKNOWN
:: KaLourin Deathblayde

Reyolen
posted 12-03-2001 02:29:00 PM
Sorry, I had a few other ideas, but this one seemed best. I will write up that new history for you as soon as possible.
Maelarr
Pancake
posted 12-03-2001 05:05:01 PM
so, nothign wrong with elves

Cleric Rogue Sigpic
`Doc
Cold in an Alley
posted 12-03-2001 09:43:43 PM
quote:
Siliddar had this to say about Pirotess:
so, nothign wrong with elves
You might want to give the ANNOUNCEMENTS section of the website a once-over. I'm only taking 3 of any one race at the start of the campaign. There may be nothing wrong with elves, but all elves would be kinda boring. There are 11 races to choose from, and elves don't have the unbalanced advantages they had in 2nd edition.

Maelarr
Pancake
posted 12-04-2001 05:54:19 AM
quote:
Ford Prefect had this to say about Jimmy Carter:
yadda yadda yadda...I'm only taking 3 of any one race at the start of the campaign.more unimportant stuff]

...o
<goes off to revise his char, will make perhaps a halfling rogue of fighter>

Edit: arggg stoopid UBB....OMG im actually getting used to this crap

[ 12-04-2001: Message edited by: Siliddar ]

Cleric Rogue Sigpic
`Doc
Cold in an Alley
posted 12-04-2001 06:33:48 PM
I think this is accurate. It's been... interesting... trying to keep track.

APPROVED
REVIEW
IN PROGRESS
:: Star Collective
PENDING
UNKNOWN
:: KaLourin Deathblayde

Maelarr
Pancake
posted 12-05-2001 11:11:45 AM
der, i sent joo nuu chars, i'd like roderic.
oh and one thing i forgot, ewin has the same annoying accent that Siliddar the no-longer existant elf did

Cleric Rogue Sigpic
`Doc
Cold in an Alley
posted 12-06-2001 08:11:34 AM
Okay, latest update. It'll take me a little while before I can review what I have, and I'm still waiting for material from several people.

APPROVED
REVIEW
IN PROGRESS
PENDING

Maelarr
Pancake
posted 12-06-2001 08:32:37 AM
<crosses his fingers for having his racist halfling approved>

Cleric Rogue Sigpic
Reyolen
posted 12-06-2001 03:15:09 PM
Sent my history, I hope it was better then the last one. Sorry to tell you here, just wanted to make sure you get it.
`Doc
Cold in an Alley
posted 12-10-2001 03:08:30 PM
I guess it's time for another update. Still waiting on histories from a few people, and on submissions as a whole from a few others. I have been pleased with the overall turnout, and hope this level of interest continues.

I've accepted another submission. Reyolen, excellent writing in the history. That's three so far, out of the four needed to start, and the maximum of eight that I can run in a single campaign (and I don't have time to run two).

Now for the bad news. I've made my first rejection. Between the 20-strength human in full plate mail (whom I rejected as a character upon receipt only a few days ago), the 2-charisma cleric (who would have been fine if he could actually roleplay someone that odd), and the public revelation of the only potentially interesting character in his showcase (before even completing a full history for the character), I've come to believe he would not make any worthwhile contribution to this campaign. I'm sure everyone knows who I'm talking about. Siliddar, you're out.

APPROVED
REVIEW
IN PROGRESS
PENDING
REJECTED

`Doc
Cold in an Alley
posted 12-16-2001 10:10:49 AM
Two more approvals! I'll work on getting things started as soon as I have time (the first post is always the largest), and will probably get things going around Christmas. I would like to hear from the five accepted people soon, just to be sure you're all still interested.

This leaves only 3 more people I can take. While I'd prefer to take everyone, that would likely become very cumbersome. Running 15+ people would be a tremendous time eater, and having that many players in one group would almost certainly slow the entire campaign down to a crawl. So I decided when I first began putting this together that I'd limit the campaign to 8 players. Anyone beyond the first 8 would go onto a waiting list, in case players disappeared or otherwise dropped out (or in case I decide that I could handle a larger game).

APPROVED
REVIEW
IN PROGRESS
PENDING
REJECTED

Drakkenmaw
Crunchy, tastes good with ketchup
posted 12-16-2001 04:58:10 PM
It's coming. Soon. But they always seem to pack in all the schoolwork the last few days of school.
Star Collective
Pancake
posted 12-16-2001 11:01:55 PM
I have a sneaking suspicion I may end up on the waiting list . I was thinking though Ford, you said we had a predominance of elven characters, so why don't we elves just take over the rest of the peninsula?
The trouble is that we have a bad habit, encouraged by pedants and sophisticates, of considering happiness as something rather stupid. Only pain is intellectual, only evil interesting. This is the treason of the artist: a refusal to admit the banality of evil and the terrible boredom of pain. - Ursula K. LeGuin ~ The Ones Who Walk Away From Omelas
Trillee
I <3 My Deviant
posted 12-17-2001 01:22:34 AM
oooo my kitty cat got approved with her elfy friend! *dance*

and eh I'm used to being the only gal in the group...

The Last Strider
I will die alone
posted 12-17-2001 02:17:38 PM
Glerp. *crosses his fingers* I hope.
"We have listened to you speak since the dawn of time, and we have learned to imatoot you exarktly."-The Simpsons

Necromancer: How DARE you imply that I was involved in a rude act with my undead servant! I will flay the flesh from your bones! I will summon a thousand maggot-ridden corpses to gnaw your flesh! I will trap your soul in-
Ghoul: My ass hurts.

`Doc
Cold in an Alley
posted 12-18-2001 04:10:33 PM
Since I'm working on getting things started, and considering the number of people who expressed an interest, I've decided that it's time to set a deadline. I'll pick players for the remaining three slots on December 26 (the day after Christmas) from whoever submits on or prior to that day. If I receive truly impressive submissions, they will not only have a better chance of making the cut, but might be accepted before then (as I've done with the current five accepted players).

I'm also waiting to hear back from some of the people I've accepted, to make sure you're all still interested. After all, if you've disappeared, that leaves more room for people who are still around.

Lyinar Ka`Bael
posted 12-19-2001 01:54:43 AM
*runs through Doc's thread for the hell of it*

`Doc
Cold in an Alley
posted 12-26-2001 02:57:53 PM
Well, today is the deadline. If you don't get your character in tonight, you won't be in the starting 8. So for anyone still working on a character, no more procrastinating.

Drakkenmaw
posted 12-26-2001 03:04:16 PM
Stuck at work. Would love to work on my character, but can't. Not this moment. I got some done during my break, though.
Drakkenmaw
posted 12-26-2001 09:55:24 PM
I GOT IT IN! I GOT IT IN ON TIME! HAPPY HAPPY HAPPY HAPPY HAPPY HAPPY HAPPY HAPPY HAPPY HAPPY HAPPY HAPPY HAPPY HAPPY HAPPY HAPPY HAPPY HAPPY HAPPY HAPPY HAPPY HAPPY HAPPY HAPPY HAPPY!!! GLEE!!!

Oh, and I'm sorry I had to divide the thing into so many parts. It wouldn't all fit in a single e-mail, and trying it in PM made Explorer go BOOM!

Hope I get in.

Falaanla Marr
I AM HOT CHIX
posted 12-27-2001 01:13:56 AM
quote:
Drakkenmaw thought this was the Ricky Martin Fan Club Forum and wrote:
I GOT IT IN! I GOT IT IN ON TIME! HAPPY HAPPY HAPPY HAPPY HAPPY HAPPY HAPPY HAPPY HAPPY HAPPY HAPPY HAPPY HAPPY HAPPY HAPPY HAPPY HAPPY HAPPY HAPPY HAPPY HAPPY HAPPY HAPPY HAPPY HAPPY!!! GLEE!!!

Oh, and I'm sorry I had to divide the thing into so many parts. It wouldn't all fit in a single e-mail, and trying it in PM made Explorer go BOOM!

Hope I get in.

Can you say "Last Minute"

*grin*

Fal

`Doc
Cold in an Alley
posted 12-28-2001 10:10:04 PM
The poles have been closed, the doorlocks are jammed and the dead bolt is thoroughly dead. It's time for deliberation.

First off, I have only 3 slots remaining, presuming the minimal presence of Reyolen resolves some time soon. Obviously, not everyone's getting in. But some choices were harder than others.

I've selected players for 2 of the 3 remaining slots. Falaanla, you're in, and I have your intro ready. Drakkenmaw, I've accepted you as well, and will try to get you started within the next day or two.

The last choice will be harder. Each character stands out in his own way (yes, all of them are male), and all the best submissions are already in. So I'm going to give this one a little thought.

APPROVED
REVIEW

Lyinar Ka`Bael
posted 01-13-2002 05:04:10 PM
*sits on a floating broom*

Interesting campaign so far, Doc.

I figured I'd come see yours. It's only fair since you come see ours

Nith D'vaz
Pancake
posted 01-23-2002 03:03:30 PM
quote:
Ford Prefect had this to say about Duck Tales:
The poles have been closed, the doorlocks are jammed and the dead bolt is thoroughly dead. It's time for deliberation.

First off, I have only 3 slots remaining, presuming the minimal presence of Reyolen resolves some time soon. Obviously, not everyone's getting in. But some choices were harder than others.

I've selected players for 2 of the 3 remaining slots. Falaanla, you're in, and I have your intro ready. Drakkenmaw, I've accepted you as well, and will try to get you started within the next day or two.

The last choice will be harder. Each character stands out in his own way (yes, all of them are male), and all the best submissions are already in. So I'm going to give this one a little thought.

APPROVED
REVIEW

If you will allow it I could scrounge up a better character, but I'll need more details of the cities if you want anything that won't cause an english teacher to go blind.

Wherever I go,
everyone is a little bit safer because I am there.
Wherever I am,
anyone in need has a friend.
Whenever I return home,
everyone is happy I am there.

-Robert L. Humphrey (warrior creed)
All times are US/Eastern
Hop To: